Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection releases on PS4 tomorrow

Catch up with Quantic Dream’s twin PS3 adventures, with new features

The Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Collection is releasing tomorrow on PlayStation Store and in retailers on Blu-Ray in Europe. If you missed out on last-gen, this is the perfect way to explore our PS3 back-catalogue. We are exceptionally proud of the work that has gone into making these games available on PS4 and we think they both look better than ever.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Beyond: Two Souls has been available digitally on PlayStation Store since November and we’re touched by the response it has received (check out our last blog post for more details on the upgrades in the PS4 version). If you bought it then, SCE is offering Heavy Rain at a big discount as an upgrade – which we think is fantastic value!

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

The BAFTA winning Heavy Rain, which also comes out today as a standalone digital release, follows the dramatic story of a father, Ethan, on a desperate hunt to find his missing son. You will decide how far he goes to save his family. Ethan is joined by Detective Scott Shelby, FBI Agent Norman Jayden, and photojournalist Madison Paige. Their fates entwine as they seek out the mysterious Origami Killer.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004
Quantic Dream
Quantic Dream

We have focused on improving the graphical fidelity of Heavy Rain on PS4, here’s a brief run-down on the improvements you can expect:

• Increased resolution from 720p to 1080p
  • Increased the number of available shadow maps from 8 to 12
  • Enabled multi-threaded rendering
  • Added post-process: HDAO and MSAA
  • Improved lighting for scenes and objects
  • Improved reflections
DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004
Quantic Dream
Quantic Dream

I hope you’re excited to play Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, whether it’s your first time experiencing the titles or as a returning fan.

Quantic Dream
Quantic Dream
37 Comments
0 Author replies
THE-PLASTICA-MAN 01 March, 2016 @ 15:08

Does this PS4 version of Heavy Rain include the taxidermist DLC ?

1.1

I wonder what happened to the other DLC that was meant to release for that game.

1.2

Would like to know this as well.

CluckNuggets 01 March, 2016 @ 23:02
1.3

They canned all of the downloadable content past the first because Sony wanted Quantic to support Playstation Move, look how successful that idea was.

Show more replies
StefNighthawk 01 March, 2016 @ 15:13

Does the PS4 version also have support for the PS Move controller?

2.1

I hope so. I need a reason to use Move again until PlayStation VR releases.

2.2

Lol, VR wil bomb. Waste of time.

2.3

This was actually the one game experience that made my Move purchase somewhat worth it. Totally different experience from the Dualshock, but just as brilliant.

Show more replies

It’s actually not out until the 4th in the UK, not sure on all Europe dates but this very misleading

StevenJamesHyde 01 March, 2016 @ 15:18

I was hoping there would be some enhancements to make the most of the DS4 controller, e.g. “press touchpad to Jason”

StefNighthawk 01 March, 2016 @ 15:31
4.1

Yeah, swipe a direction to do something.

I even hate the fact that they always forget to try to add some innovation with the ‘second screen’ feature (aka use Vita as WiiU like controller)

4.2

Yea I was kind of expecting that too, or wondering about it atleast.. Would be nice if they mixed the Dualshock experience with the Move experience (motion control touchpad in DS4’s case) and optimized it (since you hold the controller with both hands unlike Move).

We’re not in the EU when it comes to SCEE, G33ks1nL0ve. We are on that little insignificant island that doesn’t matter.

5.1

We even get Sony’s biggest release of the year Uncharted 4 later then everyone else which is annoying as a game like that should be released Worldwide on the same day.

Has anybody else pre-ordered Heavy Rain and noticed the store has changed the “Pre-ordered” back to £7.99? It says it’s in my download list but I haven’t been charged yet :/

CluckNuggets 01 March, 2016 @ 23:19
6.1

I have the same thing, if you log out it says “Not available for purchase” haha. Can you only buy Heavy Rain if you own Beyond: Two Souls or something?

Indigo Prophercy HD for PS4, PS3 or PSV please?

Il sera cool de le rejouer de nos jours.

7.1

Yes, remaster Fahrenheit for the consoles! Would be harder than a last-gen game huh? But so much more relevant..

7.2

Or better yet, remake :p

TertiaryCitadel 01 March, 2016 @ 15:47

Already bought Beyond:Two Souls and you’ve ported Heavy Rain like crap (be aware of this before you buy). Shame.

Next generation of the shame.

Is this getting as physical release?

GIGGITY_GOO__ 02 March, 2016 @ 02:41
10.1

Yes both games in one I’ve ordered it

smile_taisou 01 March, 2016 @ 16:11

Playing this since yesterday and I’m really disappointed that you can’t change those awkward controls in HR (walking with R2?!), or disable annoying motion controls. Also, HR DLC is not included…

Heavy rain might be the first remaster I’m getting for ps4, atleast if it gets a physical release.

12.1

Oh just read about physical release for EU atleast :p I’ll get the collection then. Beyond souls hasn’t been that long ago (and I finished it a couple of times in a row) but as everything Quantic Dream, brilliant.

Will Heavy Rain be sold separately?

CluckNuggets 01 March, 2016 @ 22:47

Since when is tomorrow March 4th? Why pointlessly make us wait until Friday for a digital release? Stupid. Some moron needs to change the UK release day from Friday too, If a retailer screws up a physical release it’s too common to get it on Monday or Tuesday rather than Saturday.

GIGGITY_GOO__ 02 March, 2016 @ 02:41

Ordered the disc versions is it new trophies on ps4 or do they share I had both games on ps3 back in the day

Such-A-Goonie 02 March, 2016 @ 06:45

My physical copy should arrive today. Can’t wait to finally play Beyond: Two Souls (and to replay Heavy Rain). :-)

Such-A-Goonie 03 March, 2016 @ 14:58
16.1

I’m about halfway through Beyond: Two Souls now. Awesome, awesome game! :-)

I would like to ask what language subtitles are available on the Beyond : Two Souls disc on the retail version. I live in Greece, a friend of mine bought the digital version from the Playstation store and it has greek language support. However, the retail version available in Greece does not have Greek subtitles…. Could someone please confirm what subtitle languages are available on the disc version? Are there different disc versions throughout europe with different subtitle languages?

Such-A-Goonie 03 March, 2016 @ 18:19
17.1

I live in the Netherlands and the retail version over here has no Greek options for both the subtitles or the menu. But like you said, that might be different in other parts of Europe.

I went to the PS store website-wise after reading this article yesterday and it said ‘Heavy Rain PS4’ was 10 euros. Yes, I did check if it was for PS4. So I downloaded it, only to find out today that it is actually 30 euros.

I read this article (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-heavy-rain-on-ps4-face-off) and became very concerned about this release. Are there plans to release a patch to solve the bugs that exist on the Heavy Rain port?

Youtube video with the analyse of the port and the bugs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxs_qJJ0emw

Thanks

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history