New on PlayStation Store: Heavy Rain, Mortal Kombat XL, Screencheat, more

Plus, Square Heroes, Siralim and McDroid

Greetings gamers. We’ve an eclectic batch of new titles for you this week. Among many others, look out for The Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Collection on PS4, madcap multiplayer FPS Screencheat, retooled fighter Mortal Kombat XL and sidescroller Ninja Senki DX, from team behind Mercenary Kings. See below for the full list of new releases.

PS4 DLC

• Leatherface
  • Triborg
  • Bo’ Rai Cho
  • XL Blue Steel Sub-Zero
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII

• Various Weapon Sets

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in March

119 Comments
14 Author replies
crimsonidol-de 01 March, 2016 @ 14:04

Is there any ETA for Wild ARMs 3 on PS4?

Francesca Mead 02 March, 2016 @ 11:13
1.1

I don’t have an update on this unfortunately.

crimsonidol-de 08 March, 2016 @ 16:48
1.2

That’s ok. It’s not that I have an urgent need to play it. I’m just hyped that Sony will re-release one of my favorite JRPGs (and my personal entry into the WA-series)

StevenJamesHyde 01 March, 2016 @ 14:05

Max Payne came out of nowhere, good to hear that the PS2 on PS4 initiative is still alive

2.1

Me too ! I’m so happy, considering how this one was teased and then no news about new PS2 to PS4 games incoming for a while. Thank you so much for Max Payne !!!

spacedelete2 01 March, 2016 @ 15:15
2.2

i wouldn’t get too happy as Max Payne was an awful PS2 port and then you add that with the inferior PS2 EU PS4 emulator and thats without factoring that the game hasn’t aged well and you have a recipe for disaster. i strongly suggest people not to buy the Max Payne port. you will regret it.

2.3

I was very happy to hear about Max Payne as well, but searching the PS Store and I can only see it for PS3… Did I miss something?

Show more replies

Don’t want any of that crap.
Screencheat maybe is ok but the rest is really dull.

VenomousAlbino 01 March, 2016 @ 14:47
3.1

I’m really glad that somebody took the time to not play every game released this week and subsequently give us an uninformed opinion on them.

you’re not listing vita games anymore?!

blendercat27 01 March, 2016 @ 14:12
4.1

Just Ninja Senki DX this week, which is cross-buy and listed in the PS4 section.

4.2

@blendercat27 firstly, no, at the very least siralim is also for vita.
Secondly, if those games are for vita you SHOW THAT. Or you will be called as disgustingly incompetent as SCEE. Oh wait.

4.3

They don’t even write “PS Vita” in the title while releasing trailer videos. Why are they trying too hard to hide Vita? It is a great mystery that needs to be solved. I think there is no need to be ashemed of this great handheld console.

Show more replies

Is puzzlequest PS2 any different to the psp version?

Francesca Mead 02 March, 2016 @ 11:44
5.1

Should be exactly the same :)

So you don’t even bother anymore to list ps3 & vita content?

Francesca Mead 01 March, 2016 @ 15:18
6.1

There are no new Vita or PS3 games launching this week, which is why we haven’t included them in the Store update.

6.2

There’s nothing listed because obviously nothing has released for those systems this week.

Francesca, you’re wrong. Ninja Senk DX released today on Vita too by exemple

Show more replies
supersmith2500 01 March, 2016 @ 14:10

Still no Shutshumi and still no Vita version of Towerfall Ascension. Did they fail QA? The US had it for months.

Francesca Mead 02 March, 2016 @ 11:45
7.1

I don’t have any news about Shutshimi, and we are still waiting for submission from the developer for Towerfall.

@MattThorson) tweeted at 3:10 am on Wed, Mar 02, 2016 sorry! We’re still working on it, it’s in the porting studio’s hands :( hopefully soon!
(https://twitter.com/MattThorson/status/704866449471311872?s=03

Nice to see Max Payne. Would love to see Deus Ex (original) and Maximo added at some point. Pretty please :)

Buyer beware heavy rain port isn’t very good:

9.1

How disappointing.

TertiaryCitadel 01 March, 2016 @ 14:52
9.2

Nice to see Max Payne, one small good point in what has been an awful month for PS stuff.

Has the feedback on PS+ been noted and do Sony intend to change things in coming months?

10.1

Lol, no.

10.2

Lol, no.

Thank you Sony, for killing Vita TV. A wonderful little device with a huge potential that was all thrown in the wind simply because of your own negligence and lack of interest. I don’t expect any sort of funeral either, since you just left it out there somewhere you don’t even remember anymore, with only few people knowing of its existence left mourning over their loss.

11.1

It’s sad that Sony didn’t give the PSTV a lot of support it’s a great device. It’s a shame that Sony and other publishers didn’t add support to older Vita games like Wipeout 2048 or even Virtual Tennis 4 which aren’t compatible with PSTV but worked perfectly fine through the exploit which Sony patched.

11.2

Vita, and Vita TV of course, have been dead for a while. Move on.

Street fighter V avatars?

Francesca Mead 01 March, 2016 @ 14:46
12.1

Please defer your questions about SFV avatars to Capcom channels as I currently have nothing to confirm.

12.2

Thanks for responding Francesca… i can try again, but they never respond…

Francesca. You’re wrong, Ninja Senki DX released too on Vita today by exemple.

Show more replies

Hello. I was just wondering if Action Henk is still scheduled to release today. I don’t see it listed at this moment nor can I find it in the Playstation Store. I also have that the same question about Assault Android Cactus.

Hoping both of them will release today with a discount which makes it worth to buy both of them.

Kind regards.

13.1

They’re being released next tuesday (8th March).

Thanks Scuffy_P for your answer. :) I missed that news, I guess.

The diminishing level of information on this blog is nothing short of disgusting.

noodleboy1972 01 March, 2016 @ 14:25

Next weeks blog will look like this

out this week:
Various games look it up yourself

Bought Siralim last week from Finnish PS Store. Great game. Highly addictive. Gonna get Heavy Rain, and that’s it for me. Oh yeah, SCEE, you guys suck big time.

hoping for some good discounts but if they are anything like this store update then maybe just get back to the Puppeteer. The should make a PS4 version as not enough people have played this. Seriously I bought it over a year ago and remeber it on the weekend, downloaded and I am having a blast

Huono_peleis 01 March, 2016 @ 14:41

Not being able to add Galak-Z to download list. Is someone else being hit by the same problem or is it just me? Purchased it once and it never appeared to the download list so I tried to purchase it again and it won’t let me.

18.1

Check your library.

XtianHawkGamer 01 March, 2016 @ 14:53

Does Heavy Rain come with the Chronicles DLC??

Francesca Mead 02 March, 2016 @ 12:04
19.1

I’ve been informed that none of the DLC will be included.

20.1

The game is absolute garbage. I played better on my ZX Spectrum.

Carnivius_Prime 01 March, 2016 @ 15:39
20.2

It’s a decent game. Was playing it earlier and quite enjoying it.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 01 March, 2016 @ 15:11

Does this PS4 version of Heavy Rain include the taxidermist DLC ?

No, thats not included

Carnivius_Prime 01 March, 2016 @ 15:17

Bought Ninja Senki DX and downloaded my PS4 freebies (Flame Over, Galak-Z and the hugely fun BroForce). Great week for me. And with Uncharted multiplayer weekend coming up I’m very happy with my PS4. :D

Can’t find Max Payne on the store yet?

Max Payne only seems to be available for PS3, or did I miss something? I can’t find it when I search for it in the PS Store on my PS4.

StefNighthawk 01 March, 2016 @ 15:33

Is it possible that Puzzle Quest is yet again not released in Belgium (just like previous releases)?
Or will it be on the store sometime later today?

25.1

Puzzle Quest also isnt on the dutch store.

25.2

Can’t find it on Austria store either.

How come I can’t buy Heavy Rain on it’s own? I only recently played Beyond Two Souls again so I don’t really want to buy it again.

26.1

You can. It’s out in the UK on March 4th. Tomorrow everywhere else. Just wait.

How about a nice cup of even more recycling?

Siralim is for PS Vita to.

supersmith2500 02 March, 2016 @ 00:04
28.1

PS4 only.

And it seems Sony made me switched to 3DS instead.

Any update on Rock Band 1 export? Getting a bit silly now!

And Green Day, Harmonix said we know PS4 players in the EU are getting frustrated but we are working as fast as they can. The truth is assessment team at SCEE are useless. How they haven’t been sacked and replaced is beyond me.

MinxOfInsolence 01 March, 2016 @ 17:23

Is Max Payne there in error? I see every other title here on the store but not this?

Is there any chance to see a Ps Vita version of Puzzle Quest Challenge of The Warlords? That is such a good game and it would be great to play it as Ps Vita game and not just an old psp game that you can play on the Vita.

Seeing it listed in the ps4 games of the week is sad for the “only Vita” owners like me, as it is a game that could fit perfectly un this system.

Hi Francesca. I already own Max Payne 1 on PS3 so I wonder if it will be a cross-buy title? I suspect not, but it’s worth asking.

Also, any chance Mass Effect 2 & 3 DLC will be discounted again any time soon? These are pretty old games now and you last discounted them during May 2015.

33.1

it will not, since the ps4 versions of the ps2 titles have more features added that the ps3 which had none like trophy support, 1080p, streaming, remote play, second screen, etc so they aren’t really compatible.

33.2

Four of those ‘features’ have nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the console. Every other cross-buy game I own on PS4 has those four features, despite not having them on the PS3.

The only difference is: Trophies.

Oh well. No biggie. I own it on PC and PS3 anyway. I was just curious.

33.3

Max Payne 1 on PS3 plays at 720p, while PS2 games on PS4 plays at 1080p, and things like remote play, streaming, etc needs to be manually implemented and tested, they don’t just run perfectly automatically when porting a game, and no Max Payne on PS3 doesn’t have those options, since there are just a few games on the PS3 that support remote play with Vita.

They pulled Max Payne from the page. I knew that it was too good to be true.

34.1

Yeah just noticed it too. Not fair… :(

34.2

Aww… :(

34.3

it has been leaked since months ago, so it’s definitely coming to ps4 at some point

Yeah you’re right Finozzi. Let’s hope if it’s not for this week it’s for next week. I feel like I’ve been waiting for this forever.

ratchetjak12 01 March, 2016 @ 20:34

Any news on Gemini Heroes Reborn release date for the UK. Thanks would appreciate a reply as been looking forward to it for a while.

Francesca Mead 02 March, 2016 @ 11:50
36.1

Please keep an eye on our channels and the publisher’s challenges for an upcoming release.

madmanwithabox12 01 March, 2016 @ 21:19

Absolutely disgraceful. No longer listing Vita games, not just DLC. Shameful behaviour. We ought to lose the EU blog altogether at this point, because the North American blog actually puts in effort and at least pretends to care. The EU blog currently serves no purpose but to misinform and ignore it’s user-base.

Can Heavy Rain be bought standalone without already owning Beyond on PS4? Only really want Heavy Rain

38.1

Yes, but only digital

Yay they removed my comment.

CluckNuggets 01 March, 2016 @ 23:25
39.1

Yep, they’ve removed three of mine and nothing really offensive. When they do this I report them. If a company does that, the blog is no longer a blog, it’s advertising and they have to declare that.

GIGGITY_GOO__ 02 March, 2016 @ 02:38

I’ve ordered disc version of heavy rain – beyond two souls anyone know if it’s new trophies on ps4 had them both on ps3

infernalmonkey1 02 March, 2016 @ 03:11

Siralim, Ninja Senki DX, Pinball Arcade: Season Five Pass and various DLC are all new for the Vita this week.

Last week:
“Hitman GO will be cross-buy from the 2nd of March. Since you already purchased, you will receive the cross-buy entitlement from the 2nd.”
-> I buy Hitman Go for the Vita.

This week:
Not available for purchase.

Thanks SCEE!

42.1

Yeah, that’s what I did as well after reading Francesca’s response.

42.2

If I try to download the Vita version it says I am not allowed to download it. If I try the PS4/Vita version it says I already own the product.

If I won’t be able to get it for Vita, Sony just outright lied.
Yeah, I will trust your company again in the future…

Francesca Mead 02 March, 2016 @ 11:27
42.3

I’m currently investigating this so please bear with me.

Show more replies

Hitman GO is still borked, bought the PS4 version which is now listed as he PS4|PSVita version on store, not in my account though or downloads list, still wants me to pay for Vita version.

Why is nothing straight forward anymore.

43.1

Actually it doesn’t appear to be the item I bought but a new replacement for it, it doesn’t come up as purchased like it normally would but as unavailable because “I already own Hitman GO” effectively locking myself and others out of the Vita version. It’s listed as being released today and not a fix for those that already bought the older version it replaces that was released last week.

I can apparently add it to my Wishlist if I want.

Francesca Mead 02 March, 2016 @ 11:51
43.2

You should be able to free purchase the other version now and it will be added to your library – please let me know if you run into any other issues.

43.3

Still not working for me. Just says not available on the bundle and when I click on ‘tell me why’ it says I already own it. Where can I download it?

Show more replies
jackeffect666 02 March, 2016 @ 07:09

Any news about the remaining exports for Rock Band 4?

Well, this is some crappy stuff from SCEE. Enough that I’ve had to comment on the blog for the first time in a while.
Aside from the complete denial of any Vita games this week, which is factually wrong (and a big disappointment for the indie devs actually supporting the console), it’s more the aggressive responses from Francesca that’s bothering me. Worlds away from how Jawad and Fred talked to people, imo.
Sort it out, SCEE, or scrap the weekly update, because it’s rubbish in this bare-bones format.

I bought Siralim last week from Finnish PS Store. Now I need to buy it again for PS Vita? Because in Finnish PS Store there are two options to buy Siralim. One is for PS4, price 16,95€, and the other one, which came yesterday, is PS4/PS Vita, 16,95€. What is going on here? So I’d need to pay ANOTHER 16,95€ for PS Vita version? Oh COME ON! This is ridiculous.

Hitman Go is still not cross buy if you purchased the Vita version.

47.1

Or indeed its still not cross buy if you purchased the PS4 version.

Although the individual purchases seem to have been removed now, the crossbuy cannot be accessed.

Francesca Mead 03 March, 2016 @ 10:44
47.2

This should now be resolved :)

CoolRichy007UK 02 March, 2016 @ 14:05

PUT MAX PAYNE BACK ON THE PS STORE so ppl can buy it

RE: Heavy Rain.

Does this come with the bonus DLC entitled “The Taxidermist” ?

StevenJamesHyde 02 March, 2016 @ 17:01
49.1

It does not. In terms of content, it’s inferior to Heavy Rain: Move Edition on PS3 in every way

SocHitman Go is still not cross buy if you purchased the Vita version.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history