Posted

Spend €100 on PlayStation Store, get an extra €15

Limited time offer kicks off tomorrow and runs until 8th March

We’re making it even easier to get your hands on great new games like Street Fighter V, Fallout 4 or Far Cry Primal with our new Wallet Top-Up offer.

Starting tomorrow, 2nd March, top up your PlayStation Store wallet with £100/€100/AU$150 or more before 11.59pm on 8th March 2016, and we’ll give you an extra £15/€15/AU$20 to spend on whatever great games and add-ons you want.

Just follow the steps below:

1. Top up your wallet using any available payment method you like.
  2. We’ll send you a message via your PS4 after 9th March 2016 with a voucher code.
  3. Redeem that voucher code on PlayStation Store to get your wallet top up.
  4. Buy games!

The voucher will expire at 11.59pm GMT on 27th March 2016 – so make sure you redeem by then.

To be eligible you must be within one of the following regions: Germany, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, Australia, Greece, Finland, Slovenia, Iceland, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus.

Full terms and conditions apply, click here.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

207 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hi. Does this offer apply in the UK as the blog post mentions Euros only not GBP

“Starting tomorrow, 2nd March, top up your PlayStation Store wallet with £100.. or more before 11.59pm on 8th March 2016, and we’ll give you an extra £15…”

It clearly states GBP bro, take a closer look next time.

I already pre-ordered Hitman and Uncharted 4 so I might aswell take advange of this great deal come tomorrow.

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:34 am

Yes this offer applies to the UK, it’s in the post but just to confirm the countries included are: Germany, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, Australia, Greece, Finland, Slovenia, Iceland, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus.

It will depend mostly of what you will have for sale tomorrow, because lets be honest, buy from retail and keep 20 euros…

WookiTalki 1 March, 2016 @ 5:05 pm

How cheap are your games anyway? I can’t find any retail in Sweden that sells cheaper than PS Store. Except when I buy from other webshops.

MadMan_Matt_ 1 March, 2016 @ 7:35 pm

Games are most of the time 20-30% more expensive on the psn store than at retail here in the UK. Complete rip-off

Rochala 1 March, 2016 @ 10:26 pm

Most of the times 10-20 euros cheaper. For example, I pre-ordered The Division for 57 euros.

Yeah the prices on psn are seriously inflated. Dscounts could make this work but not much else.

I was about to say damn, as I filled the wallet with that some few days ago, but then I noticed that Norway was not belong the offers anyway 😀

It’s often cheaper in the UK to buy credit from online retailers and then apply the credit to your account. Not a bad offer but a £100 spend is a significant expense.

CluckNuggets 2 March, 2016 @ 12:12 am

Yes, I can top up £100 for £75 and then get £15 free. I’m not doing that though.

raga2502 1 March, 2016 @ 4:41 pm   5

Can I say buy 2 £50 vouchers and then that counts as the £100?

LagerTopNick 1 March, 2016 @ 4:42 pm

I am also interested to know this.

superJCwarrior 1 March, 2016 @ 5:20 pm

Note that the Top-Up need not be performed in a single PSN wallet top-up but may be performed in a number of top-ups during the Promotional Period.
    Found that in the T&C, so yes.

raga2502 1 March, 2016 @ 6:08 pm

thanks mate

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:35 am

Yes you can top up your wallet between the dates and times stated above however you wish, as long as you hit the £100 / €100 / AUS$150 total you will get the added bonus

DarkThor10 1 March, 2016 @ 4:43 pm   6

No France ? what a waste.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 1 March, 2016 @ 5:14 pm

Oh I just noticed that now! 🙁

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:36 am

Sorry, I’m afraid not this time, keep your eyes open though as I’m sure we’ll do this again in the future

twenty7LIVES 1 March, 2016 @ 4:45 pm   7

Topped up by £100 a couple of days ago. That’s frustrating

INS1GHTFUL 1 March, 2016 @ 4:51 pm   8

Hi Chris.
Please respond, I, a bit confused. The title says:
“Spend €100 on PlayStation Store, get an extra €15”

but the text talks just about topping up my wallet. So can i just top up my wallet and not buy anything?

StevenJamesHyde 1 March, 2016 @ 4:55 pm

Looks like just topping up your wallet is enough. I hope so anyway, as there’s nothing out I want to buy until Dirt Rally

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:38 am

Hello, you will need to top up your wallet with £100 / €100 to be eligible for the offer just spending that amount on store will not unlock the bonus

aboood619 2 March, 2016 @ 5:08 pm

Ah OK, so we don’t HAVE to spend it, thanks for clearing it up.

BonhartDraconi 1 March, 2016 @ 4:56 pm   9

This offer should really be available for the whole EU.
No Poland or France is a travesty…

ua_raven 1 March, 2016 @ 5:02 pm

Ukraine as well :/
    So much for PlayStation Europe.

Can we get a Comment on the Lack of certain countries? Will we get another promotion as a means of saying sorry we are treating you like 2nd category customers?

CluckNuggets 2 March, 2016 @ 12:11 am

You can get a comment on the lack of certain countries.
    MOVE HOME!!!!!

After reading all these comments I’m actually not sure exactly what the post means now too.

Ok so I want to purchase Hitman & Uncharted 4, so If I top-up my PSN wallet with £100 tomorrow will I be eligible for the extra £15 without any purchasing anything until Hitman and Uncharted 4?

Please reply. Thanks.

Fairly simple –

1. Top up your account by £100
    2. Use the £100 to purchase Hitman and Uncharted
    3. You will receive a voucher for £15 at some point in March, redeem it on your account using the code

Think of it as cashback if that makes it easier to understand

INS1GHTFUL 1 March, 2016 @ 5:32 pm

@JezPSN but it doesn’t mention in the post if we need to spend the money to get the £15 voucher. Im happy to top up my wallet for 100 but there isn’t anything i want to buy.

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:39 am

If you top up your wallet with £100 yes you will be eligible

UltimusXI 1 March, 2016 @ 5:07 pm   11

Man, I wish I hadn’t topped up my account with two € 20 PSN cards last month that I had bought on sale end of last year and still haven’t spent as of now. If I had used them tomorrow, it would have been tempting to add an extra € 60.

€ 100 is a bit steep.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 1 March, 2016 @ 5:13 pm   12

This offer only works if you spend the 100 euros on games or does it work if you fill the wallet tomorrow and you don’t buy anyting? Does the 15 euros get added if you just fill the wallet and don’t spend anything?

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:39 am

You don’t have to buy anything immediately, just top up your wallet 🙂

pinkplaybunny 1 March, 2016 @ 5:19 pm   13

so can you actually use psn credit/voucher cards to do this or does it have to be paypal or credit card?

superJCwarrior 1 March, 2016 @ 5:24 pm   14

I guess I’m screwed then, already have £95 on my account. Unless adding another £5 will work, doubt it though.

LieutenantFatman 1 March, 2016 @ 5:37 pm

I would appreciate clarification on that point as well. Do people qualify if their psn credit is 100 or over on the dates stated, or does the full 100 need to be put into the account during those specific dates?

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:40 am

No I’m afraid that will not work, sorry.

To be eligible you will need to top up an additional 100

superJCwarrior 2 March, 2016 @ 3:15 pm

Isn’t the maximum wallet amount £120? If so then I’d have to spend at least £75 just to add another £100. Bit of a silly deal.

medenko1975 1 March, 2016 @ 5:45 pm   15

Even with this deal, games on digital are way too expensive + NO RESELL value.

Liquid7394 1 March, 2016 @ 5:52 pm   16

Does this still apply if I top-up using PSN cards?

Suledin 1 March, 2016 @ 5:55 pm   17

Hmm, I added 50€ this morning. If I add another 50€ tomorrow, will I get that another 15€? The Division Gold Edition is 99€ anyway, so can we get some clarification on this?

ExtraLecherus 1 March, 2016 @ 6:46 pm

Same question here got €60 on my wallet and if I add €40 or more will it be eligible for the €15? Don’t want to unnecessarily top up my account..

Sailar91 1 March, 2016 @ 8:05 pm

Same problem here!

Max500600_NL 1 March, 2016 @ 8:57 pm

You might just as well throw your €100 in a cozy campfire instead of purchasing The Division Gold Edition in the European PlayStation Store.

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:41 am

Sorry that won’t work, you need to add €100 / £100 between the the 2nd -8th March to qualify

nulenvoid 1 March, 2016 @ 5:58 pm   18

How many countries are you going to miss out? Selective showing of pricing is selective and makes the original reason given redundant.

So now it’s ok to post multiple currencies? What about people getting confused or misled?

zalwelgoedgaan 1 March, 2016 @ 6:35 pm

I read the article a couple of times and out of sheer confusion I poured boiling water on my couch. TMI THANKS A LOT SONY

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 1 March, 2016 @ 6:12 pm   20

Also if someone adds 200 € will he get another 15 €?

MrMette 2 March, 2016 @ 12:37 am

No, because you can not go over 150€ because of some stupid cap on the amount of money you can have in your wallet.

Capzilla 2 March, 2016 @ 3:23 pm

That stupid cap is probably law-enforced. There is a maximum amount of pre-paid funds that Sony (or any entity) can hold per customer before several financial/banking laws start to apply.

rabid1972 1 March, 2016 @ 6:28 pm   21

Hurrah! Now everything is slightly-less-incredibly expensive!

martijnco 1 March, 2016 @ 7:04 pm   22

“We’ll send you a message via your PS4” => so this doesn’t apply to Vita/PS3 users?

NicoInfinito 1 March, 2016 @ 7:04 pm   23

France says thank you!

I was about to throw 100€. This and the games being so expensive, I am making big savings to buy other stuff!

addystev 1 March, 2016 @ 7:18 pm   24

So the title says “spend 100€”, but in the article you say “top up your PlayStation Store wallet”. We really need clarification for that. I really hope it’s just spending 100€, because I already have 80€ in my wallet and I won’t up it by another 100€ just for that.

DoYouLikeMyID 1 March, 2016 @ 7:29 pm   25

Not available in Denmark? Awww… Come on… 🙁

Sailar91 1 March, 2016 @ 8:03 pm   26

I’ve 50€ in the wallet, i’ve to add 50 more to get the promotion? Or i’ve to add 100…..

This is basically a ploy to get people to hand over £100 regardless of their intention to actually buy anything.

Krish123 1 March, 2016 @ 8:06 pm   28

Not available in NZ? That sucks!

mitri6771 1 March, 2016 @ 8:09 pm   29

No Russia? Thanks, Sony!

fauxtronic 1 March, 2016 @ 10:26 pm   30

Alternatively, spend €100 on PS4 games at Amazon and save well over €15 because they all cost so much less.

Alaniaris53 1 March, 2016 @ 10:44 pm   31

Can I top-up my wallet with playstation network cards that I buy from store ?? If I redeem the Vouncher do I have to spend the 15 euros before 27th March or I can spend them whenever I like ?

CroDruid 1 March, 2016 @ 10:51 pm   32

And Croatia is i EU, so why we are not eligible???

MrMette 2 March, 2016 @ 12:36 am   33

I would, but somebody decided to put a cap on the wallet so I can’t put 100€ on there as I still have more then 50€ left and the cap is 150€.
Please remove the cap, it makes no sense at all.

TheVVolf 2 March, 2016 @ 8:15 am   34

So… No South Africa… wonderful… 🙁
Was about to buy Fallout 4….

nascent- 2 March, 2016 @ 9:08 am   35

Sony, we’re really going to need some clarifications here.

your step 4 is buy games, so does this mean the whole £100 needs to be spent before March 9th?

Chris Howe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:45 am

No you do not need to spend before that date, you can keep the additional credit in your wallet and spend it when you want to but make sure you have redeemed the credit as the voucher will expire at 11.59pm on 27th March 2016

Dreadaxe 2 March, 2016 @ 11:26 am   36

Might look at this, 2 biggish game out soon and I could always do with some more PS plus time.

Light_of_heart 2 March, 2016 @ 11:38 am   37

-“The Promoter will use reasonable endeavors to send the Voucher Codes to Eligible Persons, via email to the email address linked to their SEN account, in accordance with the Voucher Send Timing.”

-“We’ll send you a message via your PS4 after 9th March 2016 with a voucher code.”

What’s the right one? I have no ps4 so I’d like to know if I am eligible.

Lance_87 5 March, 2016 @ 4:36 pm

I seriously HOPE it’s the former. Otherwise it would be a little “racist” like when there was that Welcome Back stuff back in 2011. No one specified it was possible to redeem the games exclusively from a PS3. Including the PSP titles! And there was no PC store…

Futureshark 2 March, 2016 @ 11:56 am   38

Balls, topped up last week by £50 to preorder Dark Souls 3, should have waited as I believe the max wallet amount is £120 so I can’t top up by an additional £100.

Teach me to preorder (again).

burntbreadman 2 March, 2016 @ 11:57 am   39

I’m guessing Sony are trying to boost their bottom line before the end of the tax year to attract new investors / retain existing investors XD

I brought one of those anniversary tins with a 12 month PS + pass. Would this count as credit?

Monkey2607 2 March, 2016 @ 12:51 pm   40

I’m trying to add funds to my wallet on the web store and it keeps saying that the credit card info is incorrect even though I have checked (and re-entered it) as well as trying my pay pal account (same error message). How can I top up my wallet???

Danterikxx 2 March, 2016 @ 1:11 pm

Same here.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 2 March, 2016 @ 2:24 pm

Same issue. Hope it gets fixed before the weekend.

supercoolmanchu 2 March, 2016 @ 7:53 pm

I am having similar issues with PayPal and Credit Card payment. It is currently not working 🙁

Monkey2607 3 March, 2016 @ 10:48 am

Just posted this above but just in case:
    I contacted customer support and was informed that if I had tried multiple times to top up with an error (I had) there was a chance I was now blocked. They’ve told me to delete the payment options and then wait 48hrs before reinstating and trying again.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 3 March, 2016 @ 7:16 pm

I honestly have my doubts but at least nobody can say we didn’t try. Can anybody report a successful funding by credit/debit card or PayPal?

pl_splisbon 4 March, 2016 @ 9:21 am

This is due to credit card security, everytime the same card + company + value combination tries to register multiple times the credit card security blocks it because it thinks that is some kind of error from the vendor system or your card was stolen.

The ideal way to avoid this is to wait a couple of hours until you do the second money transfer.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 4 March, 2016 @ 7:10 pm

Exactly what I did but each time no success. This has happened before and it is very true that the transaction could appear as rejected in the eyes of Customer Support. Problem is most users will try until the payment is blocked, especially as they know for sure the information is completely accurate.

This is a problem at Sony’s end and it needs fixing. If it is not fixed then I simply will not be topping up by such a large amount. I don’t need £100.00 for the PS Store right now, but thought it would be useful to have the funds ready for future digital purchases.

Monkey2607 5 March, 2016 @ 9:34 am

The 48hrs passed & I have just re-added my debit card and was able to put through 2x transactions of £50. I didn’t wait between the two transactions but both went through.
    I haven’t tried to re-add my PayPal yet.

Lance_87 5 March, 2016 @ 4:27 pm

I fixed the issue by moving to a different platform. In my case, a PS3. So i put 50 from PC and 50 from PS3. The weirdest part is that you CANNOT add directly 100 from PC. But you can on PS3.

Danterikxx 2 March, 2016 @ 1:11 pm   41

Can i use PSN Cards, or it just works with Credit Cards and Paypal?

rayna-monique 2 March, 2016 @ 2:20 pm

you can use psn cards

rayna-monique 2 March, 2016 @ 2:22 pm

but for real tho why would i want this deal? i buy my games cheep like the heavy rain beyond two souls collection cost me 23pound and i get my other games cheep because i buy that many games i get deals on new realise games

Danterikxx 2 March, 2016 @ 2:47 pm

Because i always buy digital games. I would have to top-up my wallet sooner or later, so this one is a good chance to do it.

Joonlar 2 March, 2016 @ 3:13 pm   42

I topped up £50 2 days ago so I’m not going to top up another full £100. If you qualified by just passing the £100 mark in your wallet I would top up another £50 though.

javi_ma85 2 March, 2016 @ 3:37 pm   43

Is it posible to do it more than once during this week? I mean to top up 100 euros, recieve the 15 euros, spend the money on preorders and games and then do it again? Thanks.

D50Pence777 2 March, 2016 @ 3:53 pm

nope because the money for preorders isnt taken untill a few days before release…. and the max wallet amount is £120….. which also means that people like me who dont want any current games and have money in their account for preorders cannot get this deal…. kinda stupid really…

javi_ma85 2 March, 2016 @ 4:17 pm

Thanks for the answer.

NickerPL 2 March, 2016 @ 3:40 pm   44

On behalf of millions of French and Polish players I’d like to thank you Sony for contributing to the “second class citizen” feeling, it really makes us feel special. #ThisIsForSomeOfThePlayers

MunkiMafia 2 March, 2016 @ 5:13 pm   45

Hi Chris, does the £15 stay in your account until the 29th March, or does that just refer to the date you must redeem it by? i.e as long as you redeem it by then, the money will stay in there?

Hey Chris, Will I be eligible If I top up to £50 twice? I’m asking because on the add funds screen on the PS4 it goes… £50, £120.

Please reply

Phil_Batty89 2 March, 2016 @ 6:19 pm   47

what happens if i top up and then spend the money. will i get the 15, or does it have to be at 100 when the dates pass?

supercoolmanchu 2 March, 2016 @ 7:47 pm   48

Would love to top up my wallet to 100, but I am getting error message all over the place that funds could not be added to my wallet. I tried PayPal and Credit Card top ups on both my PS4 and the online PS Store. What is the story?

Monkey2607 3 March, 2016 @ 10:46 am

I have the same issue. I contacted their customer support and was informed that if I had tried multiple times to top up with an error (I had) there was a chance I was now blocked. They’ve told me to delete the payment options and then wait 48hrs before reinstating and trying again.

Am giving it a try.

supercoolmanchu 4 March, 2016 @ 11:41 am

@Monkey2607: Thanks for the follow up… Please let us know, how you get on!

Monkey2607 5 March, 2016 @ 9:30 am

48hrs passed &I have just re-added my debit card and was able to put through 2x transactions of £50. So the classic ‘turn it off and on again’ solution seemed to work!

Same here. I tried to add 2x£50 because the next option was £120!!?! First £50 went through but second wouldn’t. Customer support have been useless and keep going round in circles. One rep told me to wait 72 hours while another told me 48. Is this working days only? Why have such a tight time limit knowing full well that this is an issue? It seems like a trap to get as many people to add funds as possible but not qualify in time for the promotion. For me it was going to pay the market price difference for Dark Souls III so I could buy it from PSN but I’d rather not risk losing another £50 into the wallet, waiting endlessly for the prices to drop to more reasonable levels compared with retail.

supercoolmanchu 2 March, 2016 @ 7:49 pm   49

I forgot to add to my previous post that both methods worked perfectly fine a couple of days ago…

JAMBO4170 2 March, 2016 @ 10:34 pm   50

So when it says the voucher code expires by the 27th, i don’t have to actually spend the £15 by then, just redeemed the code?

Load all