Posted

New release date for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Drake’s latest adventure now launches on 10th May

As you know, Naughty Dog is wrapping up production on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End with the game on track to go gold and into production later this month. In an effort to meet the considerable worldwide demand, and to ensure that all gamers worldwide have the opportunity to play the game on day one, we have chosen to postpone the launch of the game by two weeks to allow for extra manufacturing time.

Therefore, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has a new worldwide release date of 10th May 2016.

We know this news might be disappointing, and we are sorry to have to make you wait a little longer to play Naughty Dog’s latest. The good news is that the game is phenomenal — we are fully confident that it will be worth the wait and the team at Naughty Dog is eager as ever for you to experience Nathan Drake’s final adventure.

We thank you for your continued support for PlayStation.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

63 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

smallgaffer 2 March, 2016 @ 2:07 am   1

🙁

Fethennour 2 March, 2016 @ 2:16 am   2

Ooohh man! :/

aimeraya 2 March, 2016 @ 2:31 am   3

In May the weather gets hotter then my PS4 gonna burn up while running Uncharted 4 A PS4’s end.

Да сколько можно-то?

UKParallax 2 March, 2016 @ 3:05 am   5

How many more delays are you guys going to trot out? Just pick a realistic date and stick to it.

European_Gamer 2 March, 2016 @ 5:45 am

There are a couple of solutions for that problem.
    1. Don’t announce the release date until one month before launch.
    2. Do like Ubisoft and release the game no matter what the state of the game is and fix bugs and optimization in the following months.

This last delay could have been avoided with better planning. They continue to underestimate PS4 and apparently they just did the same for Uncharted.
    They could have pushed Ratchet and Clank forward or back to clear some some space for Uncharted they could have rented additional space elsewhere.

European_Gamer 2 March, 2016 @ 4:59 am   6

How long does it take to put the data on a Blu-ray disc and ship it worldwide?

frimo_online 2 March, 2016 @ 5:55 am

This close the the release date, chances are the retails versions were already compiled and sorted, in all likelihood someone was turned up in late-stage QA either at ND or one of the Sony regional branches and they’ve pushed the release date back so they can create a patch and have enough time to get it through QA and whatever else.

Updating something where a final release candidate has been essentially given the go ahead is non-trivial, to make sure everything works as intended. Making just the smallest change can have knock-on effects.

nulenvoid 2 March, 2016 @ 5:43 am   7

Sigh

Forrestfield 2 March, 2016 @ 6:07 am   8

DelayStation!

Either way, this does solve to problem of “Dark Souls 3 or Uncharted 4” a bit.

SaftschubseRay 2 March, 2016 @ 6:24 am   9

Sweet, more time to play Dark Souls 3 in April.

zebric21 2 March, 2016 @ 7:51 am   10

relax people,you prefer to spend your money on a half-baked product or a shining diamond that uncharted will be?

It’s not that the game was not ready, the delay is due to production. They seemingly underestimated the demand. Checking preorders and make a better estimate they could easily have prevented this latest delay.

JuDD3rd 2 March, 2016 @ 11:23 am

I’m not convinced that this delay is really due to producing more copies. I can’t remember EVER seeing this as an excuse for a game (or any other type of optical media) delay before.
    It’s probably another polish run really, but I imagine ND/Sony PR feel that they don’t want to use the same excuse again?

Mike-13-GR 2 March, 2016 @ 7:58 am   11

I hope this is the last delay can’t wait to play this epic game

ChazzH69 2 March, 2016 @ 8:13 am   12

Thank you so much Sony as I was loathing the idea of seeing North America and a few other places get Uncharted 4 days before the UK. Now it is one day for us all.

🙂

dark_angel69 2 March, 2016 @ 8:30 am   13

I’m fine with it. It means I can spend more time with Ratchet and Clank, take my time to enjoy it properly and aim to get the platinum before jumping into this. Before a week didn’t feel like enough time and could possibly have ruined the game a bit for me.

Witcher70 2 March, 2016 @ 11:26 am

Same here! So glad the decision was made for me! I would have had a hard time choosing which game to play first. So Ratchet and Clank here we come! 😛

dark_angel69 2 March, 2016 @ 2:38 pm

Woo! 😀

link1983 2 March, 2016 @ 9:06 am   14

Come on SCEE Q&A this is all on you isn’t it. Own up.

ruinereraser 2 March, 2016 @ 9:39 am   15

Well, how about pricing a digital version properly, so there’s never a shortage of copies to buy? 😉 Excuses about demand in 21st century and digital distribution, funny you are SCE.

mrobinson91 2 March, 2016 @ 2:06 pm

This isn’t a loaded question, just interested on your suggestions for pricing of digital games? I hope the way we’re heading is away from hard copies and buying everything digitally.

JFCCMcDondy 2 March, 2016 @ 9:40 am   16

It’s just 2 weeks. I think I’m gonna manage.

Lyonjak 2 March, 2016 @ 9:49 am   17

Well good news for Ratchet And Clank, was going to give that a miss as too close to Uncharted. So they have at least one more sale. Not that worried about a two week delay although underestimating the demand for the most awaited game on the worlds best selling console is a bit of a poor planning.

Carnivius_Prime 2 March, 2016 @ 10:06 am   18

Yep, two weeks is fine and as others have said Ratchet & Clank will tide me over nicely during that time too. And gives me a lil extra time to save up too. 😀

Leon9112005 2 March, 2016 @ 10:16 am   19

Hopefully there will be no more delays.

Harrisown 2 March, 2016 @ 10:29 am   20

It’s best to move it out of the bank holiday here in the UK anyway….
Plus April is pretty chocka

Mojo__Man 2 March, 2016 @ 10:47 am   21

I wonder what the REAL reason is.

JuDD3rd 2 March, 2016 @ 11:15 am   22

Selfishly, I’m rather happy about this, as it’s now a worldwide release date.
The April 29th UK release would’ve been a killer for me knowing that the rest of the world were already playing it!
Also, let them take as long as they need to get it right I reckon.

fain2daniel 2 March, 2016 @ 11:17 am   23

Best to stay on that date and not to postpone it again.

I love street fighter V! However with the controversies spewing out of control during the initial release, I think Naughty Dogs wise to delay this release; The difference between 8.5 and 9/10 are very much often in the finishing touches of the game just before you let the baby into the world. Can’t wait to play this game!

eusivecom 2 March, 2016 @ 11:26 am   25

Thanks for listening to us Naughty Dog. Much appreciated

jellyhedgehog 2 March, 2016 @ 11:32 am   26

Hey I’d rather wait 2 weeks than have an unplayable mess just to hit a release date.

GamerGuy_33 3 March, 2016 @ 9:51 am

they are past hitting relate date though, that is the point, no point in giving revised details and trailers with deaths to only then delay it again.

i smell an arkham knight scenario about to drop. it almost feels like the heart is not in the series anymore after they have one or two games out int the series.

tiago-kun 2 March, 2016 @ 11:56 am   27

#colinwasright 😀
In all seriousness, I’m sure you need that extra time. I’ve waited this long, I can wait a bit more (barely).

Ratchet & Clank boys.

ten-bucks 2 March, 2016 @ 12:12 pm   29

im not that impressed. delays after delays. im off that week and i already paid for my special edition 1TB ps4 which is the whole point being off that week. im expecting another delay at the end of april. anyone wanting to whine that im having a moan feel free. i had a feeling there would be another delay

ThroughTheIris56 2 March, 2016 @ 12:39 pm   30

I appreciate they’re delaying it in order to improve the quality, but this is getting ridiculous now.

dazzler619 2 March, 2016 @ 12:43 pm   31

Delays are such a common thing these days it’s perdectly understandable that developers need more time to polish or iron out bugs. That said 4 delays is beyond ridiculous. Mighty No 9 for comparison has only delayed 3 times and now has a vague Spring 2016 release date.
There’s clearly an ineptitude problem at Naughty Dog or Sony. Yes, I’m sure it’s “worth it” but after being told teased 4 different dates all my excitement in Uncharted 4 has gone. I’m no longer interested in buying at launch. A real shame since I’ve been a fan of Naughty Dog games since the Crash Bandicoot days and Uncharted 4 was the reason I bought a PS4.
I’m sure the game (whenever it launches) will be awesome, get great reviews and sell well but you’ve lost my purchase. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 4 times…

I love the logic of something is taking longer than I want so I am going to wait for it longer?

Having said that giving release dates so far in advance needs to stop, but can’t see it happening as long as preordering is still a thing

You’re a self processed naughty dog fan and you won’t buy there game because it was delayed by just 2 weeks? Sorry that is ridiculous!

JuDD3rd 2 March, 2016 @ 3:36 pm

@dazzler619. I understand that you’re frustrated by the delays, but you’re not going to buy a game you bought a CONSOLE for because of and extra 2 weeks wait?
    If you were looking forward to it that much, surely you’re only hurting yourself?

Also, while Mighty No.9 may have only had 3 delays,by the time it releases it’s very possible that it might be a year later than the original release estimate.
    Uncharted 4 will (hopefully) be in the 6 month ballpark.

kriz182 2 March, 2016 @ 12:54 pm   32

pls, it’s actually okay. We all know it’s worth the waiting, although it’s the second time it’s delayed. =)

fybyfyby 2 March, 2016 @ 1:01 pm   33

No problem. I was afraid it will be half year or something similar. Few weeks doesnt matter. Im used to wait for gran turismo 😀

bluej1975 2 March, 2016 @ 1:03 pm   34

Called this delay when last one was announced. Trust me, there will be another, this will release in the Summer dead zone around mid June.

dinosauriac 2 March, 2016 @ 1:31 pm   35

As has been pointed out, it’s nice to see the game getting a simultaneous worldwide release now instead of certain places having to wait longer than others. So I’m pretty okay with this.

May is looking to be a great month with both Uncharted 4 and Mirror’s Edge coming out! 🙂

RKO_JPL7 2 March, 2016 @ 2:22 pm   36

I’m happy to hear it’s a worldwide release as it should have been in the first place since it’s the biggest release for Sony & PS4 of 2016. I don’t mind the delay I’d rather Naughty Dog release a game that works and not rushed out where it’s full of issues that need massive patches.

ocelot07 2 March, 2016 @ 3:15 pm   37

People need to relax it is only a 2 week delay. This is a blessing for me as this will give me 2 extra weeks with Dark Souls 3.

Stonesthrow 2 March, 2016 @ 4:59 pm   38

🙁

CoolRichy007UK 2 March, 2016 @ 6:22 pm   39

A very naughty dog putting the game back till may i bet ratchet n clank will out sell this

Stargazer1029 2 March, 2016 @ 8:23 pm   40

This explanation for the new delay is an affront! It’s a lie! How long can it take to burn another million blu rays? I think it depends on the multiplayer. Think about it: this weekend sony gives a free multiplayer weekend. How generous! It means they have problems with the multiplayer and because this is the part that delivers the neverending profit, sony wants to be sure it works on day one! But who cares about the multiplayer on day one?

j1m5s73 2 March, 2016 @ 8:43 pm   41

Please extend the multiplayer weekend if you really are sorry………………………………..

ward1978 2 March, 2016 @ 8:54 pm   42

I’m not going to lie, watching entitled gamers overreact over these delays is the most fun I’ve ever had from a Uncharted game.

Always over promise and under deliver no matter what developer! How about a bit of the other way around? Standard business practice in my game. Did none of the highly paid execs work this one out, did no such thing be build in a margin of error to account for setbacks? Christ!

GamerGuy_33 3 March, 2016 @ 9:46 am   44

i hope this doesn’t turn out to be another arkham knight scenario, all the delays and poor product.

i will have a bit of faith, but lets hope it turns out well.

bedzso-01 3 March, 2016 @ 2:41 pm   45

Ok, ok ND. Just promise me that won’t be any delay! March already died for me because of the first delay, now april died (R&C will save it i hope) (Btw. i can’t wait for the stress test!!)

RubsandRay 3 March, 2016 @ 2:48 pm   46

cool

Raph_friend 4 March, 2016 @ 4:47 am   47

I’m waiting for this!

theVoltan 5 March, 2016 @ 10:31 pm   48

Now I got nothing to really look forward to in April… oh well, it’s still probably going to be game of the year for me 🙂