Check out the new Ratchet & Clank story trailer

Just a few weeks to go until the twin PlayStation heroes return to action

It seems incredible that we are just three weeks away from PlayStation’s greatest heroes making their debut on PlayStation 4.

We’ve joked that Ratchet & Clank PS4 is the game based on the film based on the game…. and that’s actually pretty accurate! The film and game are designed as complementary pieces. They tell the same origin story of Ratchet & Clank battling Chairman Drek, with the same major beats and character arcs. The film focuses a touch more on character development and the game is a bit more focused on the action that happens between the scenes. Our goal was to take advantage of what each medium does best.

Ratchet & ClankRCPS4_4_nov_bridge_1457602052
Ratchet & Clank
RCPS4_4_nov_bridge_1457602052

But the game has a major departure from the film: the game is narrated by Captain Copernicus L. Qwark. So you get Qwark’s skewed self-serving version of events to set up a different way to experience the story. He gets all the big details right, but the little asides are all him. As you watch our new trailer for the game (and play the game next month!) – you’ll have to ask yourself: Can Qwark be trusted?

We’re hoping when you fire up Ratchet & Clank, you’ll feel the rush you felt the first time you played an R&C game. But we’re going beyond that nostalgia with a gorgeous Ratchet & Clank that holds up to modern standards, and is a fitting debut for the franchise on PS4. We wanted to tell the ultimate version of Ratchet & Clank’s origin story, completely synced up with the feature film.

RCPS4_1_met_train_1457602049
RCPS4_1_met_train_1457602049
Ratchet & Clank

The game will be available on PlayStation 4 from 15th April, and the major motion picture from Gramercy Films follows shortly thereafter.

For fans of the series, we also have a pretty sweet pre-order bonus. You’ll gain access to one of my favourite Ratchet & Clank weapons of all time, the Bouncer, if you pre-order the game on the PlayStation Store or at a participating retailer.

We’re looking forward to seeing you in the Solana Galaxy in just a few weeks. As always for the latest news, follow Insomniac Games on Twitter and Facebook as well as the Ratchet Movie on Twitter and Facebook

RCPS4_5_nov_run_1457602054Ratchet & ClankRatchet & Clank
RCPS4_5_nov_run_1457602054
Ratchet & Clank
33 Comments
0 Author replies

any demo?

1.1

You have the Captain Qwark avatar, do you really need a demo to decide buy or not to buy this game?

@artem9000 do u think I need a demo to help me decide?
maybe I just want to play as I cant wait for the full release?
u russians are very suspicious!

Just a few more weeks until the best PlayStation series returns, can’t come soon enough. Please keep making great games til the end of time,

From what I can tell the release date is a bit all over the place. Is RU release the rest as EU – April 20th, or delayed? I have to know because I need this game day 1.

CoolRichy007UK 23 March, 2016 @ 19:37
3.1

15th april

3.2

CoolRichy007UK Wrong again, It’s the 22nd of April. It has been for as long as I remember because Uncharted 4 was out the week after, until that got pushed back to May 10th. Please fact check and be more polite in your responses.

In fairness, it does say “from 15th April” in this very blog post but yes, the PS Store does confirm that the UK release date is the 22nd.

hi playstation blog will the game have any type of special edition

crimsonidol-de 23 March, 2016 @ 16:56

Will there be any chance to buy the game’s soundtrack?

Think I might go with StarFox Zero and keep this for later. Noticed the exclusives always drop in price fairly quickly eventhough they’re some of the best games available. On the other hand, this one has a drop in price to begin with so I might get both. I’ve also been wondering (due to the pricecut) if this is a ‘full’ game as I couldn’t really consider Into the Nexus a full game with its short length.

Hype hype hype. Feeling a bit like a little kid again. Excited to re-meet the Plumber’s crack!

CoolRichy007UK 23 March, 2016 @ 19:35
7.1

That was a cheeky joke lol

CoolRichy007UK 23 March, 2016 @ 19:36
7.2

Never coming to xbox or pc its a ps4 only game woooooooooooooooo

CoolRichy007UK 23 March, 2016 @ 19:34

Super exited and number1 fan and im guessing the ps store pre order date will be changed as well day1 buy 4 me

Locking content behind a pre-order wall? What’s next, DLC too?

Back in my day, we unlocked content, not buy it.

How come the game is only £29.99

10.1

Because it’s a re-imagining of the first game. So technically it’s not really a new game. Therefore it’s only fair that it isn’t a full-priced game.

CluckNuggets 24 March, 2016 @ 20:35
10.2

It used to be cheaper than that.

Is it the 20th or 15th of April? The trailer says 20th but the article says 15th…

And the PS Store says the 22nd, lol.
The post mentions “from” the 15th so I guess that’s the earliest date it is released somewhere, probably the US as usual.

Quite interested in this, I like an occasional dose of R&C and more feels like the right time

Prem-aka-Prince 24 March, 2016 @ 18:04
11.3

They probably wrote “from 15th April” because it’s so complicated to write out in full… April 12th in NA, April 15th in France, April 22nd in the UK, and April 20th for the rest of the EU.
Yeah it doesn’t make any sense to me either.

Show more replies

Does the date change include Australia?

Lets hope Sony helps you advertise the game on TV etc. How many exclusive games have flopped due to Sony not advertising?

The original was wonderful. I hope the new one still has all those Gold weapons and that ridiculous RYNO which somehow was never quite as good in the subsequent games.

CluckNuggets 24 March, 2016 @ 20:37

I was into buying this but somewhere along the way the price went up £10.
Rachet & Clank just got bumped for Star Fox Zero.

I’m waiting for this game

I can’t wait to hear the narration by capt- I mean… Steve?

You took one of the original standard weapons and locked it behind a pre-order? Next you’ll be telling me the ending is also cut and will be a separate DLC purchase.

RadaRadaSnicl 31 March, 2016 @ 07:37

Waaaaaaazzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaa up!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.