New on PlayStation Store: Resident Evil 6, MLB The Show 16, more

And Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus lands on PS Vita

This week’s PlayStation Store update sees Capcom’s enormous PS3 zombie sequel Resident Evil 6 get a PS4 makeover. Look out for Resident Evil 4 and 5 too in the coming months. Elsewhere, sports fans can pick up this year’s iteration of long-running baseball sim MLB The Show, there are new episodes for Minecraft Story Mode and The Walking Dead: Michonne, and strategy epic Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 Plus arrives on PS Vita. See below for all this week’s new arrivals.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

• MLB The Show 16 MVP Edition
    30th March

• MLB The Show 16
    30th March

• UnEpic
    30th March

• Adam’s Venture: Origins
    1st April

• Nights of Azure
    1st April

• Star Wars PS4 Mega Bundle (4x PS2 titles)
    1st April

1st April

• Zombies: The Last Survivor
    1st April

PS4 DLC

29th March

• Lego Marvel’s Avengers

• Classic Captain Marvel Pack (DUP)
  • The Masters of Evil Pack (DUP)
  • WRC 5

• eSports WRC Pack 2

31st March

• Hitman

• Requiem Pack
  • Minecraft: Story Mode

• Episode 5: Order Up
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne

• Ep 2. Give No Shelter

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in March

110 Comments
3 Author replies
1.1

This only has Euros. It’s missing every other currency used in the region.
This is the exact reason the official blog stopped posting prices.

1.2

Well, duh, at least it has all the missing content from this blog post. Show me another site that lists ALL the new weekly content with all currency and i’ll stop posting this.

ps prices website probably does

Show more replies

There is an issue with the Republique-Outfit Pack. It should be available for free for 2 weeks

2.1

I saw it free and got it. But only after buying the game. Before that, it showed unavailable. Did you get the game.

2.2

There’s an issue full stop . That game was free on iOS last year and someone paid 25 quid for it.

Just waiting for Afterbirth to be released. It’s so close, I can smell it

noodleboy1972 29 March, 2016 @ 15:21
3.1

Hopefully they’ve sorted the Vita compatibility.

3.2

What does afterbiryh mell like?

like lies and delays

Show more replies

Yeah civ rev

idlehands1985 29 March, 2016 @ 14:12

What’s happening with Unepic? Developer on Twitter said is was due for release on 30/3 the us blog has a listing for it but not us?

supersmith2500 29 March, 2016 @ 14:34
5.1

another Vita game skipping Europe. :|

noodleboy1972 29 March, 2016 @ 15:16
5.2

Still coming tomorrow,as usual this page is hopeless by not posting its release date.

Francesca Mead 30 March, 2016 @ 11:35
5.3

Unepic is out today, here is the link. It is also above in the blog post:

warensembler83 29 March, 2016 @ 14:13

Any news on the new PS Plus games for next week? This month XBOXers get Sunset Overdrive, so I hope you’re planning to counter that :)

supersmith2500 29 March, 2016 @ 14:36
6.1

Should be due tomorrow or later this week. Don’t except it today.

GrumpyMcGrump 29 March, 2016 @ 14:40
6.2

they wouldnt have had enough time to change the upcoming lineup anyway

StevenJamesHyde 29 March, 2016 @ 14:43
6.3

Agreed, it needs to be countered with a PS4 exclusive from October 2014 or thereabouts… Singstar: Ultimate Party it is!

Show more replies
noodleboy1972 29 March, 2016 @ 14:13

Thought Unepic was out today.

Still no info about Max Payne #Ps2Ps4 ? :(

Thanks for Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 Plus though, been wanting to play that for a while.

TachikomaShiki 29 March, 2016 @ 15:03
8.1

Arcade Archives Bubble Bobble.. Am I dreaming?! Fantastic to see it!

9.1

Couldn’t agree more! Absolutely fantastic :)

Chronicles of Teddy at 23,99€… lol
I bet someone messed up the prices again.

10.1

Sadly not. That is the price. Insane.

10.2

Well i hope its a mistake. It is $19.45 australian which is just over 13 euros.

It was already changed to 12,99€. Happy to see that it was so fast but still, this REALLY shouldn’t be happening every week.

Bubble Bobble is my favourite announcement this week. Roll on October (if true), can’t wait to play it in upscaled 4K :-)

What happened to TowerFall PSVita? I can’t believe it’s still not out yet.

supersmith2500 29 March, 2016 @ 14:40
12.1

I don’t know, I kept telling the developer and still no answer on a European date. Should be still coming.

12.2

Same question.

Every week I’ll make the same comment: When are you going to insist and enforce that publishers of dynamic themes have a trailer in place for the consumer? I’m currently looking into the legalities of Sony selling items on the store without the consumer being permitted to see what they’re buying. If the consumer chooses to buy blind; fine. But surely it’s required they have a choice?
Now that Sony are permitting dodgy content creators to flog their shoddy wares on the PS4 store, it’s becoming more important consumers can see what they’re buying (especially as 90% of the new content it dreadful).
SORT IT OUT!!

13.1

I should point out this is the European store. North America have insisted on dynamic themes having trailers since they began selling them. SCEE on the other hand, as per usual, just ignore any consumer complaints. Par for the course.

ManikwithaNine 30 March, 2016 @ 01:19
13.2

If there’s no trailer then don’t buy it.

Francesca Mead 30 March, 2016 @ 13:45
13.3

I’ve asked about this and at the moment there are no plans to implement this feature on the EU store. Apologies that I can’t go into more detail at this time.

Show more replies

Good to hear about Bubble Bobble, already bought last week on the PSN US… Maybe i’ll buy it again since i love Taito, now if we could only get a discout at Dariusburst : D

noodleboy1972 29 March, 2016 @ 14:58
14.1

It was half price last month.

14.2

Oh… didnt catch that one… shame : [

Again, Franscesca is it possible to get any information about a possible patch to 60hz for the PS2 games on the PS4? Or if possible, the contact (twitter?) of someone who knows? I would like to buy rogue galaxy before the sale ends but i don’t want an inferior version…

15.1

That would be nice indeed

Francesca Mead 30 March, 2016 @ 11:35
15.2

I’m currently enquiring about this and will update when I have more info.

15.3

Thank you. And where should i see an answer, in this page?

Show more replies
noodleboy1972 29 March, 2016 @ 15:14

Unepic is still released tommorow according to developers Twitter.
As usual nothing on this blog,been known for ages it was released this week but someone forgot to put it in the release page.

bigmike13788 29 March, 2016 @ 15:22

What’s the fourth star Wars ps2 game? Thought there were only 3 released on ps4

17.1

Star Wars bounty hunter
Super Star Wars
Star Wars racer revenge
Star Wars Jedi star fighter

bigmike13788 29 March, 2016 @ 15:47
17.2

Hopefully Super Star Wars is cheap is I’ve only just bought the others

Get back standalone Destiny to Store pls!
Or at least answer on numerous help requests…

StevenJamesHyde 29 March, 2016 @ 15:59
18.1

Why, out of interest?

18.2

Specially when you go to “digital only” and even more important, have all 3 expansions on account and u cant play bcs u dont have core game, that was bought on disc!

Want core Destiny PS, i have right on it.
It is sad how bad treatment u (bungie even more, but u can easy deal with them) have to customers!

StevenJamesHyde 30 March, 2016 @ 11:11
18.3

When the Taken King bundle was released with ‘core Destiny and all expansions, it was the same price as ‘core’ Destiny alone. Unless there’s an entitlement issue on the store that’s preventing you from buying the Taken King bundle (which I don’t think there is), there is literally no point in ‘core’ Destiny existing on it’s own

Show more replies
chrisandsheva 29 March, 2016 @ 16:27

Thanks Capcom, finally going to be upgrading my fav game to PS4 the whole reason i became addicted to this whole thing was RE4, before then i’d just mess about on either ps1 then ps2 shooters, generally play few hours a month, then i ‘found’ resi4 in 2nd hand shelf in gamestation lol, thought that looks interesting to myself, next thing i Had to go buy a ps3 because re5 was already out, Had to get internet because, well obviously, sometimes i wonder just what i’d of done with the many thoudands of £’s i since spent since stumbling accross re4, can only use the old ‘women, wine etc and wasted the rest’ line, eagerly await to see how you’s upgrade 4, will you put in the missing levels? please, also 5 will get my interest (obviously) not too sure about 6 but will buy it anyway, great news!

19.1

I played RE6 for a few hours last night, and very, very little work has been done. It’s not a remaster, but simply a re-release. I imagine this will be the same for RE4 and RE5; identical upscaled releases of the old PC versions. Don’t expect some kind of special edition (this is Capcom after all).

chrisandsheva 29 March, 2016 @ 18:58
19.2

Thats shame, only really played Leon’s chapters and spent more time in mercenaries in 6, thought it looked good back then so probobly wouldn’t (capcom) of done that much too it, 5 and esp 4 though look very old on ps3 today so fingers crossed they need to rebuild those, if they do just label them ps4 editions though then that will be a low move even by capcom standards, seen a lot of calls for a remastered/rebuilt re4 though and imagine they’d get a lot of bad press if they don’t do it some kind of justice.

19.3

Sadly they have already stated these are re-releases, and not remasters :-(

MLB and Bubble Bobble for me, thanks!

Finka_Karfein 29 March, 2016 @ 16:36

Interested especially in Nights of Azure and Civ Rev 2 Plus and a bit in Trillion.

Why no RBI Baseball 16 for EU ?

deathnote2000 30 March, 2016 @ 13:18
22.1

It’s been released on the Xbox One this week so I can only guess it’s been held up somewhere and should hopefully be coming soon.

Very cool to see Bubble Bobble here, finally. Been asking for it for a while, now there are only 8 arcade games left I want to see on the PS4!

I guess Bomb Jack will be next of these, since it already been released in Japan and in North America for the PS4.

23.1

Agree with that whole list. I’d love

too.

23.2

I’d… Buy that for a dollar!

I’d also love…

Snow Bros
Ordyne
Tokie
Shinobi
Pang (spiritual successor coming soon)

Show more replies

Just… just stop posting these. I know you’re probably just following directions from the higher-ups, Francesca, but having no information at all is better than what this weekly post has become.

Just shows how hardly anybody actually uses the blog these days. This weeks update page has been put for a few hours with only 46 comments. Three years ago, by the same time it would be 200+. The blog is simply redundant. I only come here once a week out of habit.
The staff rarely reply (worst it’s ever been), seeing readers and those that comment as “the vocal minority” #justignorethem
Developers and publishers never communicate with anyone here (the US blog is better for that type of contact, but only just), and the blog has devolved into a marketing space spamming advertorials. If Fred really is still in charge over there, he should be ashamed of what’s happened during his tenure. Crying shame.

25.1

so agree,
specially of you give them their own pro-misses..
at least at thirdmovement they gave the feeling that they were gonna search for an answer
in the end it was also nothing but an empty shell

But now,e.g. sony (benesux) promotes 3rd party videostores (videoland) instead of releasing their own video unlimited (after 6 years of pro-misses)

this also can be found in the indis:)
just release some more indi-crap af freebee for the PS+
at least the brand from the USA gives their users AAA games instead of the monthly slap in the face

25.2

Unfortunately, I agree.

Ever since they allowed for PS1 US imports on the European Store, I’ve asked for more Square-Enix PS1 JRPGs like Chrono Cross, Threads of Fate, Xenogears and so on here, so many times, games that never been released here in Europe and are highly praised among the JRPG crowd. But nothing.

When they released the PSTV, I happily bought one and pointed out how limited the whitelist was here in Europe as it blocked several PSP games that works fine on the PSTV in North America. Games like FF3, FF4, FF Tactics and Valkyria Chronicles 2. Especially VC2 annoys me, since it was listed on the European whitelist compability list, but did it work? No. And what did Sony Europe do when I pointed it out to them, did they fix it? Nothing, as usual. Well, they did remove it from the list, I suppose.

And how did they respond to the many many complaints about the Singstar ad found on the PS3? Again, by doing nothing. North America doesn’t have any Singstar ad, why should we?

Th...

Show full comment

Unfortunately, I agree.

They seem to be happy to be subpar to their North American sibling, which I find very unfortunate. Especially since Europe is actually a stronger Playstation market.

25.3

Hopefully this one won’t get deleted…

“And how did they respond to the many many complaints about the Singstar ad found on the PS3? Again, by doing nothing. North America doesn’t haave any Singstar ad, why should we?”

Well, they said they would’ve discussed about that at some conference/convention/meeting/whatever. Which didn’t happen at all, IIRC.

The only legal solution is to use the PS3 with a non-EU account (or no account at all?), at the cost of losing all saves, custom stuff and trophies.

Civ on Vita Looks like a good purchase

So now you stopped listing Vita DLC? There’s new Senran DLC out this week for the Vita but it’s not even listed.

They never list all DLC. Not even close. Not even worth looking at.
The Senran DLC is for PS4 as well btw.

Good old RE5, my first ever Platinum <3 I needs me some RE7..

Wonder how long we have to wait for the store to get updated. At least we can search for the released titles I guess. RE6 was on there yesterday or even the day before and it still isn’t listed with the new releases.

30.1

There’s a lot of talk of a playstation 4.5 I hope it’s nonsense as I can’t see how this would go down well. Minor hardware revision we can hope, maybe with things like the extra vr hardware built in?

ManikwithaNine 30 March, 2016 @ 01:48
30.2

It might just be a slim version, like every other PlayStation had. PS4 slim.

well, its not on April 1 as we still in March therefore can not be an april fool until April 1. I seen the rumor myself

Bubble Bobble!!! :P My all-time favourite game :P I really hope more old Taito games come to PSN soon to. I LOVE’EM :D

GIGGITY_GOO__ 30 March, 2016 @ 00:58

It’s about time external HDD support was added removing and reinstalling is getting annoying

33.1

wishing they did the same on PS3.

Could you please go back to telling us if a game is not coming out in a particular region. It seems tachyon project isn’t available in aus.

Between this blog format and the webstore itself, trying to find out anything is next to hopeless. It’s just a frustrating exercise that I am interested in (and used to get excited about), but now it’s become akin to stumbling through a F2P game and just not enjoyable. I’m now the owner of two current gen consoles, I’ll be purchasing on the one that’s the least hassle and is run less erroneously.

StevenJamesHyde 30 March, 2016 @ 09:07

TWITCH APP!!! [falls off chair in surprise]

infernalmonkey1 30 March, 2016 @ 09:52

lol why are there THREE different digital versions of MLB The Show on PS4? Way to make a bloody baseball game confusing.

JohanLiebert88 30 March, 2016 @ 10:38

Where is TWD: MICHONNE – EPISODE 2: GIVE NO SHELTER?! Today is 30th March, but I can’t find it anywhere (PS Store Web, PS Store in PS4 etc.)…

JohanLiebert88 30 March, 2016 @ 10:41
38.1

I’m sorry, I can see it now – 31.03 :)

38.2

Still not available here, tried the stores and in game. Something I did notice is episode one is available separately now but it expects payment of $24.95 even though I purchased the initial bundle. I have no idea what store staff do but they’re definitely in need of a more robust QA.

38.3

Which also happens to be the same price as the 3 episode bundle, someone’s mucked up majorly.

Show more replies

Wow, way to NOT announce the Twitch app that we’ve been asking for for… how long now?

Just wow.

Twitch app is out. Get it now guys, before it mysteriously gets pulled from the store like so many other things.

Wheres ps plus list?

AngryGamer94 30 March, 2016 @ 16:10

How much is Nights of Azure going to be?
oh wait i forgot this Nisa and TK we are talking about here so i bet this gonna be like 69.99 or something silly like that.

41.1

Be sure to check out the reviews on amazon.co.jp (use machine translation even) for that one, before plunging head first into buying it. I was hyped too until I realized it’s just another generic “thing” that ticks all the items in the “lazy developer” checklist. The way I see it : half price in a couple of months – the way it is right now on amazon.

I was trying to look for a physical copy of the Resident Evil 6 for PS4 but they don’t have it anywhere in my town. :(

I thought you said hyperlinks would be updated as the games are released. Since they’re not updated there is no need for this blog post since I have to go to the store anyway for ANY news, like price, availability + not everything is listed here anyway.

Hi, I would like to know where Unepic is? It was meant to be released 30th March!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history