Nioh launching 2016 on PS4, demo out this month

Immerse yourself in a visually stunning world of samurai and the supernatural

Anticipation and excitement… this is what we felt after our announcement of Nioh at PlayStation Experience. Now, we’re back with even more exciting news — an Alpha Demo arriving this month! This is your chance to experience first-hand the deep and authentic samurai combat that’s coming exclusively to PS4.

Developed under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team Ninja, Nioh will challenge your skill, your patience, and your strategy — can you survive in the demon-plagued land of the samurai?

“Ten years have passed since Nioh was originally announced. Even during all that time though, gamers would always ask about it at events like E3 and Gamescom. We always felt support from the gamers around the world for this title.

“Now, finally, Nioh — a game created with the entire power of Koei Tecmo — will be released in 2016. In appreciation to all the fans who have waited so long, and in order to have gamers everywhere try Nioh as soon as possible, we will release the Alpha Demo this month. We hope you enjoy overcoming the challenges in this masocore take on samurai action — Nioh.”
–Kou Shibusawa, General Producer

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

“Set in a time of civil war in Japan, Nioh not only incorporates classic elements such as samurai and supernatural creatures from Japanese folklore, but also offers the exhilaration of an authentic samurai sword fight straight from Team Ninja, the team that defined brutal action games.

“We will give gamers a taste of this all-new experience in the Alpha Demo releasing this month. But it will only be available for a limited time so play it while you can! Players who manage to clear a stage of this the Alpha Demo will be able to download The Mark of the Conqueror DLC. This will entitle you to some special DLC in the full game.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

“We also want to hear your feedback on the game! We will hold an online survey while the demo is available so let us know what you think and how we can make it even more fun.”
–Team Ninja

The Alpha Demo will be available from April 26 to May 5 only. We hope you enjoy this first glimpse into the world of Nioh, and look forward to hearing what you think about our game!

23 Comments
0 Author replies

looks promising, I just hope this game is not story less like dark souls

warensembler83 04 April, 2016 @ 13:32
1.1

Dark Souls has a very rich world and a lot of lore. The storytelling is different than on most games nowadays, I agree. However, I prefer DS’ storytelling than many other games that force you to listen to (usually pointless) conversations all the time, usually in “cinematic” form.

1.2

Dark Souls has a story, don’t be so silly…

Here’s a good little vid explaining the story of DS 1&2: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2016/04/05/dark-souls-in-5-minutes

“authenic samurai combat” = 30 seconds into trailer giant horned demon turns up, then first combat in trailer features swinging round giant axe = LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just kidding though, looks awesome, like “Dark Souls meets feudal japan” kinda vibe, hope it’s as good as it looks…

StevenJamesHyde 04 April, 2016 @ 13:59
2.1

Featuring fully authentic, historically accurate magical sharks too. Can’t wait!

My most anticipated PS4 exclusive of 2016!

Can’t wait!

cant wait to try the demo. I hope combat is good.. it certainly looks like it + 60fps yum.

warensembler83 04 April, 2016 @ 13:33

I’ve loved the videos I have seen. I can’t wait to try the game out myself.

Excited. Looks good. :-)

Really looking forward to play this game. People who miss Onimusha will surely fall in love with this game :)

Man, this is looking all kinds of cool..!!

This looks cool, cant wait for the demo.

Love the idea of the DLC on completion, its brilliant!

You got me at Samurai stuff…we need more samurai games…

ManikwithaNine 04 April, 2016 @ 22:07

I won’t let me watch the video. Says this video is private.

YES. Get in me PS4!

TheLordPegasus 05 April, 2016 @ 07:16

Demos FTW!!!

Good. Wanted to try it out. I miss my loved action games from Team Ninja.
Also like this idea of giving extra dlc to try demos

BLKChaosDragon 05 April, 2016 @ 18:48

Offering a DLC for completing a demo? Thats pretty cool :), though I suspect it’ll probably be no easy feat.

Codexous1275 29 April, 2016 @ 03:22

This game has so much depth to winning formulas. They took the best from Ninja Gadien, Onimusha, and Demon Souls(not dark souls) and made something similar but also brand new hats off to team ninja and sony for securing this as a Playstation exclusive.

DARTAGNAN19 02 May, 2016 @ 05:33

the game Nioh is a well made demo this demo makes me want the game . I cant wait for the release date im going to pre-order it. This game gave me some serious challenge.I will defenetly recomed it to all my friend the only thing I recommend the creators is to give the player the option to invite a friend to play together to fight.

I like it. Its only a copy of dark souls and the face looks like from witcher guy, but i like it. When is coming full game? I want preorder this game with steelbook :)

Tis game isamazing !!! i so want it to the full version of it !

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history