PlayStation’s 3.50 system software update out tomorrow

Full details of tomorrow’s big PS4 update: PC Remote Play, online notifications, scheduled events and more

Our next major system software update for PS4, version 3.50 (codenamed MUSASHI), is out tomorrow! For those of you participating in the beta, we hope you are enjoying the new features and thank you for your ongoing feedback. While we outlined some of the features last month before our beta program started, we wanted to give a more detailed look at the update and share some new info. With 3.50 it is now easier to play together with friends through new ways to connect, improvements to existing features and the user journey.

Appear Offline

On your Profile tab, Quick Menu and login screen, we’ve added a new option called ‘Online Status.’ From here, you can choose to ‘Appear Offline.’ This could be useful if, for example, you want to fully concentrate on your game or watch a movie without interruption. You will remain ‘offline’ until you chose to change your setting. Don’t forget to turn it back on to fully experience your PS4.

Appear Offline

Friend Online Notification

Now you can choose to get notified when your friends come online. To receive notifications, access your Friends profile, press Options, and select ‘Notify When Online.’ For quick management of your entire Friends list choose to ‘Select All’ or ‘Deselect All’ of your friends via Settings > Notifications.

Friend Online Notification

User Scheduled Event

On the Events tab, we’re adding the ability to schedule gameplay sessions with your friends. Just select ‘Create Event,’ and you’ll be able to make an invitation for an upcoming gameplay session. Choose the day, time, game, and send it to individual friends or a Group. When your event starts, users who registered will automatically be added to a Party so you can start playing right away.

You can also share an event to a Community. Once shared, the event will be posted to the Community wall and members can register from there.

User Scheduled Events can also be created in the PS App.

User Scheduled Event 1User Scheduled Event 2User Scheduled Event 3

Play Together

This feature allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.

Play Together 1Play Together 2

Remote Play (PC and Mac)

With this update, we’re expanding PS4’s Remote Play capabilities to work with PC and Mac giving you more freedom and flexibility to play your PS4.

Remote Play on Mac / PC is compatible with the following system software:

• Windows 8.1
  • Windows 10 or later
  • OS X 10.10
  • OS X 10.11

You’ll be able to select from the following resolution and frame rate options, depending on your Internet bandwidth.

• Resolution options: 360p, 540p, 720p
  • Default resolution – 540p
  • Frame rate : Standard (30fps), High (60fps)
  • Default frame rate – Standard (30fps)

You can use one DUALSHOCK 4 as the controller for Remote Play, which needs to be connected via a USB cable.

Download the Remote Play app to your PC or Mac here.

Remote Play PC 1Remote Play PC 2

Broadcast

You now have the option to broadcast to Dailymotion.

Social Improvements

Share your friends’ best moments to your feed for everyone to see…spread the glory. You can also tag players when you Share videos and screenshots to Facebook and Twitter, make sure your friends don’t miss out on any of your great gaming moments – tag ’em!

PSN Status

To quickly check the status of the PlayStation Network Services, you can view this via Settings > Network.

Teen Account Creation

Teens (aged 13 – 17 years) can now create their own account and start playing in offline mode until parents approve the account and complete the parental control set up at their leisure.

PlayStation Plus Hub

Plus members can now enjoy easy access and management of their online storage. You can also see from your PS Plus Games which of your friends also play your monthly Plus games.

PS App

System software update 3.50 for the PlayStation App is also out tomorrow. This update offers PS App users some of the same great new features outlined above. Enjoy PS4 and PlayStation experience more easily and more conveniently, anytime, anywhere.

• PS App main additional features.
  • User Scheduled Event – Users can schedule gameplay sessions with your friends.
  • Dailymotion has been added to Live from PlayStation.
  • Other players’ shared activities appear in your activities.

That’s a look at some of the big additions in this update. Of course, there are lots of other refinements and improvements to the system software overall. Download it tomorrow, and enjoy!

336 Comments
0 Author replies
Captain_Dusk 05 April, 2016 @ 12:04

Awesome :)

When are you going to let us delete items from our libraries?

spacedelete2 05 April, 2016 @ 12:27
2.1

this. i have a bunch of games i either have no plans to ever play again or regret buying as they were awful that i dont want to be reminded i wasted money on.

Also demos and even worse old useless Betas

2.3

Dumb feature.

Show more replies

Still no backwards compatibility? You are the only one not offering it

3.1

And you won’t get it. Accept it already.

7 day free trial to PS now, or go play your actually ps3!

3.3

It would be nice to have it :)

Perfect_Mehaa 05 April, 2016 @ 12:05

The only new useful feature is “Remote Play PC”.

4.1

But it won’t work on the most popular OS, Windows 7.

no excuse not to have windows 10 since its free for windows 7 users.

Perfect_Mehaa 05 April, 2016 @ 12:16
4.3

Windows 10 is great people should switch to Win10 but true huge numbers of people still using Win 7 which is certainly 8 years old operating system.

Show more replies

Is there a link yet to download the PC remote play software?

5.1

Are there any system requirements? Like processor, RAM. Do you need 64 bit?

5.2

Got this from US PS Blog. it won’t work now atm

5.3

DUH, the page doesn’t work. File not found.”

Show more replies

Can’t wait for the Remote Play Feature to my stunning Mac Screen. When plugged in via USB to Mac will the Dual Shock 4 Features all continue to work as normal, Eg Touchpad, Rumble etc?

6.1

Yeah, I was excited too to play PS4 on my MacBook with Retina display before I saw next line: “Resolution options: 360p, 540p, 720p” :(

Of course the resolution will be capped – streaming at 1080p is just not viable. It still looks great though, trust me.

The pad will work as it does when playing direct on your TV

6.3

Why would it scale to a retina display when the PS4 itself is capped at 1080? Think dude.

ligtningrod1 05 April, 2016 @ 12:07

Looking forward to tomorrow Might buy a game off PSN to celebrate.

7.1

why don’t you get a classic gta game?

7.2

Why not get a PSNOW subscription and play some PS3 games?

Remote play is great but… how do I actually connect? Is there an app? Where can I download it?

8.1

Got this from US PS Blog. it won’t work now atm

when it’s live, you download the software onto your PC/Mac, run it. Job done.

Can’t wait to Remote Play from my Macbook!

Looks like no one with WIndows 7 can remote play…

10.1

WIndows 7 is outdated. Upgrade already.

^^^^
THIS
^^^^

Windows 10 is a free upgrade but the issue is some manufacturers aren’t updating drivers for Windows 10, by backup 2011 Dell being one of them.

10.3

If drivers aren’t available from manufacturers, chances are you need to just upgrade your PC components as it’s probably outdated.

That’s why consoles are better in this respect, you know software will work on it.

Decent! This might just push me to upgrade to Win 10. *might*

Hopefully Sony can confirm that Remote Play works locally without needing an internet connection. People aren’t going to want to be stuck playing at 360p just because their on broadband when they have a fast local network

12.1

That’s how remote play already works on phones, Vita, Vita TV.

12.2

Why would you need an internet connection? If you are in the same house it will work locally by connecting to the local PS4 network. If you are outside of your house you can use the internet to remote play but the performance isn’t great.

12.3

The download is live in the US Blog.

Just installed it on my iMac. It searches for a PS4 System through the internet by default but allows you to connect to the PS4 ‘Manually’ By going into the PS4 system setting and clicking on ‘Add Device’ and entering a 8 Digit Code.

Entering the code won’t work on the current version it errors out. The moment the PS4 update goes live it should be working correctly

1080p please!

13.1

ps4 put’s out only 720p but upscales it to your tv while it actually is 720p so 1080p remote play won’t make a difference

13.2

Floristujn that’s a big lie, PS4 outputs a lot of games at 1080 native.

13.3

All PS4 games are 1080 native. Only the streaming is output at 720 as to reduce input and video latency.

Show more replies

Remote play is a god send, when i used to work away the free wifi bandwidth would be dominated by my bloodborne obsession and that was on a PSTV with the worst wifi in history. Awesome feature to add it to PC/Mac good job!

mrKrzysztoff 05 April, 2016 @ 12:18

Wow!

sithknight666 05 April, 2016 @ 12:20

Nice little update. Maybe next time we can delete trophies? How about being able delete demos from our library/download list or at least have a filter on it. Would be great to be able to see everything we own in one place no matter what console we are using, just like you can on the desktop version of the store. More options when we compare trophies would be nice too.

16.1

Wasn’t already possibile to delete trophies? Because youre NOT talking about the non-0% trophies, right?

sithknight666 05 April, 2016 @ 17:09
16.2

Hey Lance_87, it’s possible to delete the 0% trophy lists and hide your trophies but I’m talking about deleting them. Such as games that have unachievable 100% or platinum trophies due to servers shutting down or even ones that you wish you had never started.

16.3

Oh, well, they’ve already said many times it’s not possible, because “what if hackerzzzz enter your account and delete your trophiezzzz” and things like that.

Leo-DarkSide 05 April, 2016 @ 12:28

Will you do 1080p 60FPS streaming with the PC App?

17.1

720P 60Fps Max same as Vita TV.

Bring Remove Play to Linux.

Bring Remote Play to Linux

19.1

In South Africa we can’t even do remote play due to our fast internet speeds being so damn expensive and I’m a working gamer with a regular job, earning quite well but I’m not prepared to pay the equivalent of appr. %100 pm for internet. I’m currently already paying about the equivalant of $45pm.

19.2

…..$100…….

19.3

Sony how about catering for slower internet speeds with remote play and game sharing for PS3 games?

spacedelete2 05 April, 2016 @ 12:33

now add features people actually want like removing games from library, folders, miracast support and sorting trophies in alphabetical order which PS3 did years ago. why are you slowly drip feeding small features over 6 month periods? updates need to be done every month.

20.1

Right on my man, I agree. Some of these new changes were on xb360 4yrs ago already. When I transfered to ps4 in Nov14, I realized they weren’t on and that was a bummer. I also support the other changes u mentioned, and agree that updates should be monthly. I mean look at android’s updates which is almost on a daily basis?

20.2

Thanks for speaking for the people.

As one of the people I could use pretty much every update listed above. The ability to schedule gaming sessions is going to be a god send, along with appearing offline when exploring yarnham or the wastelands. Remote play via pc may get used every now and then too. It’d be better if it was made available for tablets I think.

Point is, it’s an update. Some folk will make use of it, some won’t. You don’t speak for me or anyone but yourself so calm yourself young ‘un.

General_RoRO 05 April, 2016 @ 16:09
20.3

I would like to have an option where I (as the user with digital game purchases) have the ability to tell which games my kids may play or not, on a per game case. The parental controls do not give me the required flexibility.

And by this I mean I want to be able to say that can play but not although both games have the same age-limit assigned by Sony/gamestudio.
My kids must be able to play PvZ:GW but not SW:Battlefront or GTA-V

Hi allow us to put are trophy list in alphabetical order on PS4

Excellent stuff ;) Thanks. But still no ‘Folders’??? :( :( :( + it would be cool if the PS4 could read other Hard drive formats to.

Appear offline? That option should’ve been on PS3, too.

23.1

Nobody cares anymore

23.2

That’s why i said “should’ve been” not “must be”.

23.3

Also, did they approve your post? It included the N-word lol.

Show more replies

Great news! I hope it will be working well – especially remote play!
One request from me – it will be even more great if you add possibility to upload data (like screenshots) to internet drives (Dropbox, Google Drive) directly from the PS4 to next update.

Macs just became relevant for gaming, lol

25.1

hahahaha indeed, i thought the same! Just show of to your friends your playing GTA 1080p 60FPS on a macbook air

25.2

Hopefully the input lag isn’t terrible!

DaddyDirection 05 April, 2016 @ 18:02
25.3

@FlorisTijn

I think the framerate will be not only dependent on network connection, but also by the framerate of the game. So, GTA V would always be 30fps.

Unless it works like emulation, and you can play game ultra fast, which is essentially 60fps. It’s not really 60fps as it wont be native, but its similar.

Please bring the PlayStation App to Windows Phones.

Does it have to be high-spec PC to run the remote play? I meant the resolution and FPS rate..

27.1

No, because it’s streaming. All you would require is a fast internet connection of at least 5mbps minimum.

27.2

if your pc/wifi can handle 720p video streaming, it’ll be grand

Streaming to iPad/android tablets would have been good…

DaddyDirection 05 April, 2016 @ 18:03
28.1

That’s what I’m personally more excited for. I’m more likely to be carrying that around then my laptop these days.

the-GURU-man 06 April, 2016 @ 05:57
28.2

This kinda already works. There is an app for Android. Officially, it works only on Sony devices, however some guys managed to make it work on any Android device, complete with Dualshock support. Just google it, I managed to make it run on my old Galaxy S3.
As for iOS, no idea.

Why is there still no remote play for android? I have a Note 4 which would be perfect for remote play when someones using my TV…come on Sony im not going to buy a small Xperia just for remote play just release it for android already!

29.1

just search the internet, there will be an option :)

29.2

@Floris Tijn….their ain’t such an option as far as I know?????

29.3

@IRONMANAJM There is, but only on Sony phones. You can do it on Note, it’s just not official and doesn’t have DS4 support

Show more replies

A bunch of stuff no one really needs. Good for those who believe or have been led to believe that they actually DO need it.

30.1

What stuff do we NEED then? Tell us.

30.2

How should I know? Thankfully I’m not a we, or else I’d have to believe streaming me to the internet while playing a game was somehow crucial to my gaming experience.

Being able to manage my ‘library’ at all would be decent in my opinion, or a regular audio cd compatibility (even the first PlayStation had that (although there was no Spotify around that was tried to be shoved up everybodies behind back then)).

Getting rid of trophies would be a blast. They’re a scourge on gaming.

Please bring in Fall update
– UI folders
– offline trophy sync
– video chat
– (maybe one time?) username change

boomboomamitesh 05 April, 2016 @ 13:11

How will i remote play on my pc is there any remote play app for windows

We need dts, DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD support for the Media Player App. WAV and FLAC support would also be useful. More detailed info on videos during playback when triangle is pressed, like realtime video bitrate, realtime audio bitrate, format, channels being processed ect…the PS3 supported AVCHD Folder structures this was very useful, the PS4 does not currently support it and it’s a major step backwards, I would like to see this capability added to the PS4. These features are essential for gamers who also want to use their PS4 as the center / hub of their entertainment setup.

33.1

Or just use a system that’s made for media, not a games console, as the PS4 was always marketed as.

Must be time soon for a Vita firmware update that removes some more features Orrr
System stabilty ;)

As a former Xbox gamer (thank god I’ve eventually seen the light in flipping to PS4 lol) I see a few of these new changes being on xbox 2yrs ago already. And this is what I missed when I started with ps4 in November 14. Come on Sony, catch a wake up call lol!!!

35.1

And Xbone is still getting updates for things that PS3!!! did 9 years ago.

Dark_Knight2243 05 April, 2016 @ 13:41

Will we be able to connect our console directly to the pc/mac via ethernet cables for improved streaming speed?

36.1

If you’re connecting a PS4 to PC via ethernet, then what’s the actual point in using Remote Play in the first place if they’re going to be in proximity?

36.2

Find me a laptop with HDMI input. A lot of people would find it useful as a second TV if anything

36.3

@MaxDiehard you may want to play in another room, on the same home network, not where the PS4 is usually hooked up (e.g. not taking up the lounge room TV, rather sit in another room on your PC)

Show more replies

See the US post here for a link to the download (available when the firmware launches tomorrow)

I imagine the EU guys are going to post the link tomorrow when it is available…

Remote Play is my hype for this update! Would like to have more info on how to setup

38.1

Here’s the download link I found in a forum:

So I guess the Windows 10 and 8.1 only RemotePlay signifies a crappy Windows Store App then? If not, what can a 5 year old PC with Windows 7 not do that the same PC with Windows 10 can do with the exact same hardware, except not having access to a crappy app store???

Looking forward to the PC remote play.

About time on the Friend Online notification. It only took you almost 2.5 years!

No linux support? :(

DaddyDirection 05 April, 2016 @ 18:08
41.1

Linux is more functional as a server OS than it is as a OS for the regular consumer. Not many people us it in comparison to Windows, or even OS X. There is really limited support for Linux when it comes to gaming or a lot of things to be honest.

41.2

Linux is very similar to OSX and has DS4 driver in kernel for a while :) (at least ubuntu does).

@DaddyDirection: Not true. It’s pretty much perfect for everyday use, even for people without much computer expertise. My girlfriend has it on her travel laptop, hasn’t haid any trouble. I installed in on her dad’s laptop. Now it runs faster, has no issues it had it Windows, and he hasn’t reported any trouble at all. And my personal experiences are similar too. Linux may not be very popular among consumers, but it’s really great even for a lot of them.

pablo-hassan 05 April, 2016 @ 14:21

Some great features

ZombieMeat666 05 April, 2016 @ 14:22

I am not looking forward to this, it ran like crap in beta on all versions. And it had a big download issue where you couldn’t download anything while playing a game or using an app. I have a feeling this is going to be worst yet.

Great, waiting for remoteplay support however couple of questions to ask and wanted an answer for it:
1) only 720p :( shame, why not 1080p?
2) what about surround sound, will it come too with remote play? dts?
3) remote play is only for imac and windows, not for android device?
4) what with games with portals for ex disney infinity and remote play? cause my main ps4 is in living room, the other is in attic, where i sit to play with remote play, am i able to connect the portal then with my windows pc in the attic?
5) any hardware requirements for windows machine? (and if android possible, for android too?)

Lots of questions where i can t find an answer

General_RoRO 05 April, 2016 @ 16:01
44.1

1) same resolution as for PS Vita or PS TV. If you select 720p @ 60FPS then your PS4 will most likely disable videorecording just like when selecting the 720p with highest quality on PS Vita or PS TV.
2) I think the PS4 is not powerfull enough to real-time encode an 1080p stream.
3) remote play is available for Android, but only for Xperia devices. There is a work around for non-Xperia devices but there are some issues
4) nope, because the portals you have designed for PS4. You can’t connect a Xbox version of the portal to your PS4 and expect it to work.
5) if your laptop/computer can run Win 8.1 or 10 or OS X 10.1x then it will be enough. They will be much more powerfull than the PS Vita or PS TV :) (yes I know, different architecture, but it only has to display a stream .. nothing more)

Actually for Disney Infinity, Skylanders and Lego the portals are cross platform with the exception of Xbox ones

44.3

This download link show the hardware specs needed etc.

Can you please update the Live from PlayStation PS Vita app? There’s only Ustream and Twitch support, so we can’t watch PS4 YouTube or DailyMotion streams.

disappointed by the lack of support for Windows 7… I know theres a free upgrade but I’m happy with 7 (obviously ignoring 8). I’ve heard too many conflicting reports regarding 10 to see it’s worth.

Surely can’t be too hard right?

Yeah, this decision seems quite bizarre. I have no idea why there’s no support for Windows 7, considering adding support for it shouldn’t be very difficult.

46.2

Hopefully one day someone will find a way to make Win7 compatible. Remember when PS3 remote play was supposed to be exclusive to Sony Vaio computers? Heh.

As someone who participate in Beta 3.50 I can say that this is a really cool new firmware version!

Wishes and improvements for PS4 firmware

•Auto-sync of trophies in background
•Background wallpaper for PS4 Menu (downloadable + from USB-device)
•Capture videos in 1080p and 60 frames per second (1080p has priority)
•Copy multiple links and quotes from websites and messages like we know it from PS3
•Copy music (MP3, AAC, ATRAC etc.) on PS4’s hard drive
•Copy photos from USB flash drive on PS4
•Different sound if someone joins a party (there was actually a different jingle before 2.0)
•Folders to sort games and demos
•Notification if a friend goes online/offline (with an option to select friends whom I would have a notification)
•Notification if a friend starts broadcasting gameplay via Twitch/uStream
•Opportunity to be invisible for friends while logged-in in PSN

Show full comment

Wishes and improvements for PS4 firmware

•Auto-sync of trophies in background
•Background wallpaper for PS4 Menu (downloadable + from USB-device)
•Capture videos in 1080p and 60 frames per second (1080p has priority)
•Copy music (MP3, AAC, ATRAC etc.) on PS4’s hard drive
•Copy photos from USB flash drive on PS4
•Folders to sort games and demos
•Notification if a friend starts broadcasting gameplay via Twitch/uStream
•Opportunity to be invisible for friends while logged-in in PSN
•Option to delete only game’s install file, so you can keep update file (would save many time if you want to play a game months later).
•Playback of Audio-CD
•PlayStation Store: Add a wish list.
•Save some messages like we know it from PS3 or at least 500 (not 200 as currently)
•Send several pictures at once in a message. This also should be possible for uploads on Twitter, Flickr.
•Screenshot Upload to Flickr
•Screenshots Not sorted as a list where you have to scroll up and down but multiple screenshots displayed side by side (e.g. 5), so it’s easier to navigate and you see a little photo of them.
•Screenshots: Zoom-in/zoom-out with right Analog Stick in pictures
•Support for Sony Bluetooth Headsets from PS3 (those with only a microphone)
•Video chat on PS4
•View trophies even when you are offline (it worked fine on PS3)

Wishes and improvements for Media Player app

•Add a volume option in videos to increase/decrease volume
•Screenshots and photos not only sorted as a list where you have to scroll up and down but multiple screenshots displayed side by side (e.g. 5), so it’s easier to navigate and you see a little photo of them.
•There is no playback of music data with ATRAC. Why? This is a Sony audio format. Please fix!
•Videos with higher IQ and framerate (60 fps) often got issues in playback (stuttering, slowdowns) e.g. some high quality videos from gamersyde.com

47.1

Wishlist on Store is already possible on PC. Nobody should use stores from consoles unless is strictly necessary, IMHO.

47.2

that is a good one

47.3

-Trophies already auto-sync if you have PlayStation Plus.
-Friend Notifications and the ability to set them to select friends are what’s coming in this update if you’d actually read it.
-Appear Offline is also a feature in this update.
-Twitter only allows one photo upload per post, so that’s out of Sony’s hands.

Show more replies

Litte mistake by me! Of course you can delete “Friend notifications” and “Offline appear” function. It was just part of an older liste on my PC :D

Confirmed! The PS4 is not powerful enough to allow you to sort your games in a good way, for that we need PS4K/PS4.5!
No more updates, if it’s not folders/choosing what games to show/ability to permanentely delete what you don’t want, please.

So, is Remote Play for PC an app in Windows Store or will it be standalone software with exe file?

50.1

It’s a standalone .exe installer from here: https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html

Nice, but in the future add 1080 p in remote play please.

where can i find app for Mac?

Please Sony give us folders to organize our home screen and the ability do delete stuff from the library.

jellyhedgehog 05 April, 2016 @ 15:51
53.1

I’m with you on the folders. I think like on uplay, steam etc. The ability to hide games would be better. Just in case a game is deleted by accident.

But will there be an official ds4 driver for pc?

DaddyDirection 05 April, 2016 @ 18:10
54.1

The DS4 tool is really easy to install and use, so it’s not really need it. But I do get what you mean though. Official support would be ideal. I will say though, getting my DS4 to work on PC was a lot easier than getting my DS3 to work.

With the Remote Play for PC, will I need my PS4 in the house and connected to my PC or do I just need the PSN account with the games registers + the Controller? Sorry, dumb as heck question. Help :(

jellyhedgehog 05 April, 2016 @ 21:41
55.1

Basically the remote play app on your PC will turn on your ps4 while connected to your home network. So the ps4 is on and running it just streams to the PC or laptop. It’s pretty cool if the tv is in use by someone and you want to play ps4 games. You can also do it using internet elsewhere but that’s never worked brilliantly on vita to be fair.

55.2

It can do both. It requires a stable fast connection on both sides yes.
The PS4 needs to be in Rest Mode for the Remote Play to be able to ‘start up’ the PS4.

I have used this time and time again on my PS Vita.

Accessing the PS4 on my Work location from my Vita it took some time but I have very fast speeds both at home and work so for me it worked pretty decent. But it requires a good and stable connection..

The Remote Play app allows to connect manually to your PS4 which means it connects to the PS4 directly

Give us the option to change to color of the light bar or even turn it off.

DaddyDirection 05 April, 2016 @ 18:11
56.1

I would love to have a feature to turn it off. I don’t care too much about changing the color, but turning it off would be great.

A question about remote play PC. Can I only use DS4 to play or can I use keyboard as well?

jellyhedgehog 05 April, 2016 @ 21:43
57.1

DS4 only I guess. The driver will be part of the PC app. Maybe keyboard will work for typing etc.

Do i have to be on the same wifi network as my ps4 to do the remote play

jellyhedgehog 05 April, 2016 @ 21:43
58.1

And what about that bug “Nat limitations” in party chat, he? It worked fine until the last patch. Sorry for my englase.

Maybe a stupid question but does Remote Play only connect locally (over my home network) or does it access the internet (so that it would count for my ISP’s data cap)? If the latter, how much data does it use?

DASMANgaming 05 April, 2016 @ 18:43
60.1

It will be streaming the ps4 to your PC meaning it will use your internet and require 1. good speeds and 2. unlimited data or you might run out fast.

That’s nice, but what about the ability to play the PS1 Classics from the PS Store? Or the PS2 Classics available for the PS3?

DaddyDirection 05 April, 2016 @ 18:12
61.1

Classic games are slowly being added to the PS Store for PS4. I don’t expect them to just drop them all in over night, especially since the trophy support they’re adding makes things a little more involved.

61.2

The PS3 and Vita were able to play lots of PS1 games on launch day (PS3 from PS1 discs and Vita from the then already somewhat large PS1 library on the PS Store).

Now it’s been 2.5 years, and the PS4 is still able to play zero PS1 games. That’s not “slowly being added”, that’s nonexistent.

narrowband56K 05 April, 2016 @ 18:44

Sony can u please fix the mp3 player? Its such a simple feature, yet it works so poorly. When i play games and listen to music in the background, on 90% of the games i play the media player will crash. I get a music playback stopped message, the game and system lag hard, then no more playback. This has happened since the media player update. Please fix this. Xbox 360 could do this flawlessy.

Username CHANGE?!?!
We should be able to change it, at least one time, like when we do an account reset…

Kratos_killchief 05 April, 2016 @ 19:03

Will we be able to party chat while not on the system soon? Like I know you may not be around but may want to converse with your friends and I think this would be good for sony to keep people engaged with the eco-system

I really hoped for more than one controller for remote play (like you can with ps tv), was looking forward to co-op some divinity.

65.1

The thing is people misunderstand how this technology works.

If you are using remote play. Turn on your TV to the PS4 channel. You are literally mirroring the screen.
It does not split the game or anything else it just mirrors the screen

65.2

Yeah I know, but in my naïveté I thought that since it’s possible with the ps tv and since I can hook up multiple dual shocks to my Mac, that it’d be a possibility. But I guess the ps tv handles the accounts (which would be a problem on the Mac I guess?), if you couldn’t write it into the software?

65.3

Basically this; https://m.reddit.com/r/VitaTV/comments/3up5se/can_i_play_local_multiplayer_ps4_games_using/

What “anh86” is describing in a reply further down.

xIrishNinja666x 05 April, 2016 @ 20:06

When are you going to do name changes?!? Had this name for years now. Kinda Wana change my [DELETED] hell if I have to pay for it I will do so.. not only that xbox is seriously whoopin ass in thr free game department.. yall need to step up your game playstation.

SomeSteroids 05 April, 2016 @ 21:18

Will this be the beginning of the end? Can hackers use this to find a way and hex edit games live while streaming ?

67.1

Nope it only sends visual information not game information it literally is just like a remote desktop for computers. It just shares the screen to a different screen

rattlehead91 05 April, 2016 @ 21:41

Will I be able to turn off notifications about my controller? If not, when is that coming because there’s no way that’s a difficult task to complete.

I’m happy about the other updates, by the way! I just want this one small update.

The real question is… Will the remote play suck as bad as the vita?

69.1

I’ve been using Remote Play successfully at my home and work flawlessly.

Either fix your own network or GTFO.

Don’t blame others for your own stupidity. Seriously I finished Infamous Second Son and One Piece Pirate Warriors for example on my Vita.

If facebook made a console it would be called PS4, all these updates expect the remote play are all social features, please add something about games, to hell with social features, it feels like we have to stay connected to the internet.

A good update? How about I be able to play Dishonored on PS4 without having to change from my home language in order the game to launch?! Yes, if the console is set on Portuguese the game won’t launch but if it’s in English or any other language it works fine! How stupid is that?! But no, lets all have social features because that’s what a game console serves for!

GamerKasem252 06 April, 2016 @ 00:20

Wow. I love the features but we still aren’t able. To change our pan profile usernames SONY PLEASE ADD THE OPTION TO CHANGE YOUR PSN USERNAME PLEASE SONY

CrimeGamerMods 06 April, 2016 @ 00:46

will there be a fix on the when you get messages. I am not getting a notification when someone sends me a message will that be fixed and I cants wait for the update

dreadhead725 06 April, 2016 @ 01:27

How long until i can play online???

Need to rely upon on the scene to make wireless controllers work with remote play then :( Pretty weak Sony, just release a proper dual shock driver.

75.1

Cause a USB cable is so expensive and hard to get right?

I mean come on it’s one thing to crap on them for not adding a feature like “changing PSN ID” but this is already a great update with Remote Play and you are whining about “Wireless” connection.

Give it time they might add it or they won’t

75.2

Yeah because its ideal having a wireless controller that I have been using wirelessly to play PC games for 2 years now be tethered to the machine by a wire because Sony cant be bothered doing it properly when bedroom coders have, in their free time, managed it.

Do you need to keep the ps4 machine running while remotely playing on the pc?

76.1

The PS4 needs to be running how would you play the game otherwise?
Remote Play basically just sends the screen to a different screen (like the Wii U Gamepad) but you are still playing on the PS4.

As for connection. The Remote Play app will start up your PS4 when it tries to connect. The PS4 must be in Rest Mode for this (if you turn the PS4 completely off then the Remote Play app can’t connect and won’t start the PS4)

I hope we will be able to stream on nico nico soon

Is it out midnight?

I know it’s imminent but what is the projected launch time and corresponding time zone for the update? I’m currently posted in Japan and trying to figure out when I will be able to install it for that sweet, sweet remote play.

I would like to back up individual games to a hard drive. Please. Thank you.

Globl volume adjustment would be good. So would an EQ.

Can’t wait

why there is no support for remote play for most used OS Windows 7 ??? I will not upgrade to Win10 because of you!

HappySpaceInvdr 06 April, 2016 @ 10:31
83.1

“Most used” according to whom? Have a look at which Windows version is the most popular for Steam users: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

WindowsXL_01 06 April, 2016 @ 08:35

What time will it be released in the UK?

I just want to change my PSN ID and have game folders.

Btw, still no fw…

HappySpaceInvdr 06 April, 2016 @ 09:08

Since we’re now 9 hours into 6th April, I can only conclude that some last minute breaking bug has been found, and that the release has been pulled.

Also strange how, amongst all of the press about streaming games to PC/Mac, no official software has been made available to do this.

TwoThirdsSoul 06 April, 2016 @ 09:16
86.1

Software is available to download at the link above (I have already done this). Patience is a virtue – you could be 23 hours into 9th April and it’ll still be 9th April…