Rocketbirds 2: Evolution launch date announced alongside new trailer

First details on new game modes, weapons and tactics from Ratloop Asia’s explosive platform shooter

Hello again! We’re excited to share the news that Rocketbirds 2: Evolution is coming exclusively to PS4 and Vita on 26th April. With the launch date approaching, we at Ratloop wanted to share more details about the game’s new features.

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution has a full six Chapter Story Mode campaign, as well as Rescue Mode, an all-new meta-collection game. To give players a flavour of what they might expect from this new mode, we put together a short video named “A Chicken’s Guide to Killing Penguins,” starring Metal Chicken, voiced by James McCreadie.

In Rescue Mode, up to four friends (online or off-line) go on rescue missions to free hostages deep behind enemy lines; each time you free a hostage, they’ll join your team as a new, fully customisable playable character.
Rescue Mode features four procedurally generated locations to loot and explore, four different weapon stores and over 40 unlockable weapons for you to use to fight the penguin regime, including a host of rifles and shotguns, to pistols, launchers, throwers and melee weapons.

Certain weapon combinations kill enemies faster – everyone starts off with the Famous 5 (MP5) and two Deagles (Desert Eagle pistols). The pistols can destabilize enemies quickly and get them into the air, but don’t do a lot of damage. Once destabilized, the enemy will take a lot more damage from your Famous 5.

pic4_R1Rocketbird_2 (2)Rocketbird_2 (1)
pic4_R1
Rocketbird_2 (2)
Rocketbird_2 (1)

With enough practice, you could also graduate to the precise, single shot rifles, like the Hunting Rifle, which will do insane amounts of headshot damage.

In Rescue mode, stacking has a number of uses, like picking up hostages and carrying them to the extraction point to complete a rescue mission. If your squad needs additional fire-power, you can rent-a-duck mercenary, who’ll ride shotgun, stacked on your back during a mission. If you are K.O’d, a team mate can scrape you off the floor and stack you on his back to keep you out of harm’s way until you regain consciousness. Or you can stack onto another player’s back and focus on aiming and firing – and if everyone stacks, you can form a lumbering tower of death and become much harder to destabilize.

pic3_R1Rocketbird_2 (3)
pic3_R1
Rocketbird_2 (3)

Even though the AI is much improved, nothing beats pitting your combat skills and wits against real people, which you can do inside the Dojo. The rules of the game are simple — it’s a small ante to play and the winner takes it all! In between bouts you’ll have a chance to change the two weapons you wish to bring into combat, but once the battle starts, you’ll have to rely on your skills and training to win it like a BOSS! Some tips from us; take the high ground, so you’ll be shooting downwards at opponent heads and – eh… don’t get surrounded, or caught in crossfire!

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution will feature Cross-Buy and Cross-Save where players can buy the game for one price and own it on both the PS4 and PS Vita, with the ability to play and save on both systems for finger-licking fun!

Look for Rocketbirds 2: Evolution on 26th April to get in on the fowl action!

Rocketbird_2 (4)pic5_R1Rocketbird_2 (5)
Rocketbird_2 (4)
pic5_R1
Rocketbird_2 (5)
24 Comments
6 Author replies
spacedelete2 06 April, 2016 @ 17:21

at least we know this game will be May’s ps plus game. obviously.

Eh?
It’s out on April 26th, a week before May’s PS plus games will be available.

Sian Yue Tan 06 April, 2016 @ 17:28
1.2

No such luck for us unfortunately ;-)

supersmith2500 06 April, 2016 @ 17:44
1.3

It might be in the near future though.

The prequel has been free to Asia PS+ subscribers in Dec 2015.

I think the Vita version was a worldwide PS+ title?
I know the UK had it.
It was possibly overshadowed by the fact that Freedom Wars was free in the same month.
Personally I thought Rocketbirds was the better game, so I’ll definitely be getting the sequel!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Sian Yue Tan 06 April, 2016 @ 17:41
3.1

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo! Kukeleku!

Looking forward to it, loved the first one.

Big fan of the first game, so I’ll definitely be grabbing Evolution for my Vita. Day one!

Sian Yue Tan 06 April, 2016 @ 18:34
5.1

awesome thanks!

HomessaHomem 06 April, 2016 @ 18:05

Great news for my Vita!

isaac_tejerina 06 April, 2016 @ 18:24

I loved first part.
But i will wait for the confirmation that the online gaming really works in vita. In the first part was a disaster.

Sian Yue Tan 06 April, 2016 @ 19:03
7.1

You’ll be happy to learn that the online has undergone a massive overhaul.

This is great news! I was literally just looking for a release date yesterday. I ended up on your website but could not find anything then.

Will New World Revolution be returning for the soundtrack for this game?

Also is the Vita version 60fps?

And of course, how many penny’s will I need to part for Rocketbirds 2?

I can’t wait to play this!

Sian Yue Tan 06 April, 2016 @ 19:04
8.1

Most news is posted via our fb http://www.facebook.com/rocketbirds.hardboiled.chicken – NWR’s ever present in this version and PS Vita version runs at 60

8.2

I will follow you now on Facebook then to get my news updates ahead of time!

That’s brilliant news regarding NWR. I have to admit that since the original release on PS3 I have frequently listened to the OST for Rocketbirds. Contrary to popularity ‘Double Agents’ is my favourite song.

Great to see vita release at 60fps. The only real downfall to the re-release on vita was the framerate. Thank you for making my week!

Inherentdragon 06 April, 2016 @ 18:40

I loved Rocket birds for the Vita with Ps plus a little while back but got stuck and frustrated near the end so never did finish it..

Day one buy! This type of games are really worth the money!

Awesome. I loved the first game. The title music was Great! Hope the sequel has a some good tunes in too?
Will defo get this and it will get most of the play on the Vita.
Thanks for the support and good luck with RB2

ps hope the single player campaign is a decent length and has a great story like the first game did?

Sian Yue Tan 06 April, 2016 @ 21:38
12.1

Both modes are a bit longer this time – and Rescue mode has the replayability

this game is amazing!!

I got rocketbirds for my vita day one. And this looks like a no brainer. Fantastic, looking forward to this gem!

I loved the original but for some reason I don’t like these character models. They look out of place and too cartoonish for the environments and overall industrial theme of Rocketbirds. Although it seems to be more of a problem in cutscenes than actually gameplay. Will still likely pick it up at some point though.

CoolRichy007UK 07 April, 2016 @ 21:09
15.1

Tough buy it or miss out : D

CoolRichy007UK 07 April, 2016 @ 21:08

Wooooooooooooo yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I’ve been waiting so long for this ratloop! Loved the last game. Clearing space on my vita right now. Any idea what the file size will be?

Szerintem nem jó káték

Rocketbirds and Severed coming on the same day, great time for ps vita owners :D

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history