Posted

New on PlayStation Store: Ratchet & Clank, Invisible Inc., Axiom Verge

Plus, Blues & Bullets, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Pang Adventures, more

This week sees the welcome return of some bona-fide PlayStation icons, with the arrival of Ratchet & Clank on PS4. Insomniac Games‘ reboot of its PS2 classic has been picking up some blazing reviews – now’s your chance to see what all the fuss is about.

Elsewhere, acclaimed PS4 platformer Axiom Verge lands on PS Vita, brilliant stealth adventure Invisible Inc. launches on PS4, and episodic mystery Blues & Bullets makes its debut. See below for the full list of new releases.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

• Invisible, Inc. Console Edition

• Arcade Game Series 3-in-1 Pack

• Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse

• Blues and Bullets – Episode 1 & 2 Bundle

• Blues and Bullets – Episode 1

• Blues and Bullets – Episode 2

• Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom

• Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug

• Arcade Game Series: Galaga

• Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man

• Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man
    20th April

• Far Cry 4 & Far Cry Primal Bundle (Not in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Saudi, Ukraine, UAE)
    21st April

• Eclipse DLC
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege

• Cyan Weapon Skin

21st April

• MXGP2

• Beto Carrero Track

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in April

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

76 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

Suzzopher 19 April, 2016 @ 1:33 pm   1

How much are the Namco arcade games going to be?

Ants_Pai 19 April, 2016 @ 2:43 pm

They’re on the New Zealand PlayStation Store for $6.45 and $12.95 for the multi pack so about ~£3 each approximately.

jerrikoe 19 April, 2016 @ 1:36 pm   2

Ratchet & Clank is finally here in Europe! Can’t wait to play it. I know it’s a kid’s game but only heard the best.

LordRastan 19 April, 2016 @ 1:42 pm

why it has to be a kids game? having fun is only for kids? enjoying beatiful landscapes and soft puns?

Tomorrow is my son’s 8th birthday, His uncle gift will be Ratchet for ps4… I also will be playing it…. (right now, I’m replaying the future saga)

I think we must forgot about so many tps and fps with space marines arms wider than my waist, and enjoying the so long forgotten “action plattformers” wich were so popular on ps2 and before.

Please, dont stop doing this games…

Carnivius_Prime 19 April, 2016 @ 1:42 pm

It’s not a kids game. It’s a an all-ages game. There be a difference. 🙂

jerrikoe 19 April, 2016 @ 1:51 pm

Wow guys, calm down. lol

I never said that it’s something bad. In contrary, even though Ratchet games are intended for kids (or all-ages which implies to me that it’s a kids game, seriously, what’s the difference? You could say that every game for kids is all-ages, like Lego Dimensions, Disney Infinity, My Little Pony… never played any of those though. :D) they are fun nonetheless!

I am with you guys. I grew up with Spyro and co. I love these games. Doesn’t mean they are not kids games. Doesn’t mean they are not intended to be played by adults either.

Carnivius_Prime 19 April, 2016 @ 2:06 pm

Something like The Simpsons is all ages cos there’s stuff in there the kids will get and then there’s plenty of adult humour that goes over the heads of kids. Stuff just for kids tends to be sanitised all to heck (the kind of stuff I had to watch while babysitting my lil cousin nearly drove be crazy). Ratchet & Clank has general broad humour and action for kids and adults without alienating either.

All-ages does NOT imply it’s only for kids, it just means there’s no content deemed unsuitable for kids, it has nothing to do with gameplay.. in fact it’s more suitable for adults if you get the puns.

jerrikoe 19 April, 2016 @ 2:29 pm

@Carnivius_Prime & @supvic: Yes, but when did I say it’s ONLY for kids? In fact, I supported your opinions before. What am I doing wrong here? XD

UltraSilver64 19 April, 2016 @ 3:24 pm

Doesn’t matter if it is a kids game or not. Ratchet & Clank are true PlayStation icons. They deserve respect for all ages.

LordRastan: Kudos for replaying the whole Future saga, I don’t blame you (I’d do the same, though I wish Tools of Destruction & Quest for Booty had Trophy support)! Why not play the HD collection, PSP exclusives (Size Matters & Secret Agent Clank) and Ratchet Gladiator (or Deadlocked in US) while you’re at it?

Been a Ratchet & Clank fan since their PS2 days. SO looking forward to Friday for this!

Hope a PS Vita-exclusive adventure happens in the future…

jerrikoe 19 April, 2016 @ 4:37 pm

Simple logic here, not every kids game has to be for kids only. Every all-ages game should be for kids, too, it wouldn’t be all-ages if it wasn’t for kids. Conclusion, R&C is a kids game but that does not make it for kids only. Why are you only talking about that anyway? Are you guys scared when someone says xyz is a kids game? Only because you want it not to be one so you can justify to play and enjoy it? That’s what it seems to me.

There is nothing wrong about it. I’m stoked to play a “kids game”, that’s a real change! I feel like you guys need to be a little more open about the term “kids game”.

Prem-aka-Prince 19 April, 2016 @ 5:10 pm

jerrikoe, rather than trying to accuse others of absurd things you should just pause for thought and see the issue. It doesn’t matter that you didn’t say “ONLY for kids”, because “kid’s games” has a specific meaning. Your persistence is like arguing that “dog biscuits” and “ONLY for dogs biscuits” are anything but the same thing.

Kid’s games are games specifically designed for kids with no intention for adults. As others have repeatedly said, all-ages games are simply not the same thing. Calling it a kid’s game is therefore doing it an injustice, just like saying Toy Story is only for babies. Ultimately it doesn’t matter if you realise this or not, but the fact that so many people are trying to point this out to you should probably mean something.

Lance_87 19 April, 2016 @ 5:24 pm

lol @ jerrikoe doing mirror-climbing. it’s the sport of the century!

jerrikoe 19 April, 2016 @ 9:56 pm

@Prem-aka-Prince: You, sir, are the first person here to try to explain what “kid’s games” are. I read the comments, I understand the terminology, I get all of it. I am not accusing anyone of anything, I asked questions. People on the internet unfortunately start to jump to conclusions very quickly without any reason or without even asking the person in question, in this case me, what exactly he or she is trying to express.

Excuse my ignorance on the term “kid’s games” but I came from another angle. And if anyone is trying to dispute what I have said, more power to them. But I was not talking about the genre “kid’s games” (if that even exists), I was talking about that this game is also intended to be played by kids. There is the difference nobody even tried to see that I wanted to show you all the time.

I don’t know what you mean by saying that ultimately it doesn’t matter if I realize this or not. Of course it matters because this is what we are talking about here and what people have an issue with. We can go back and forth with this here and both say that ultimately it doesn’t matter, then why even bother talking about it? 😀
    No, it matters, I see what you all are saying but it seems I had another image of a kid’s game. I talked to a friend about it and he totally got me from the start and even gave a perfect example in Pokemon. That is a kid’s game in my eyes but also enjoyable by adults, I said that multiple times. In your eyes it’s probably not a kid’s game.

I have never heard of an official source or media outlet talking about the genre “kid’s games” though, this is why this is getting confusing. There are educational games if that’s what everyone here is talking about. This might be something that has developed in society but apparently, I was not part of that specific society. 😀

RoaringMdog18 19 April, 2016 @ 1:37 pm   3

Francesca, any news on Taco Master? Any news would be great.

Looking forward to Axiom Verge!

Francesca Mead 19 April, 2016 @ 3:30 pm

Nothing to update with Taco Master – keep an eye on Kaxan Games and I will let you know if I hear anything.

CravingForCookie 19 April, 2016 @ 1:40 pm   4

Awesome! Both Axiom Verge AND Invisible Inc. 😀

infernalmonkey1 19 April, 2016 @ 1:42 pm   5

So much for Lumo launching April 22nd, then. RIP

Carnivius_Prime 19 April, 2016 @ 1:42 pm   6

Ratchet and Clank! Give it to me NOW…. oh wait I still have to wait til end of week. Argh.

Will pick up the Shantae game too. oh wait that’s tomorrow!

Oh cool some classic Namco arcade games! Oh that’s tomorrow too?!

Do you not want any of my money today then? Not too keen on the graphic revamp of Pang. Would certainly buy it if it included the original arcade game.

Ants_Pai 19 April, 2016 @ 2:49 pm

Just realised there is a new Shantae game on the update. Super excited now! Risky’s Revenge was great fun and the trophies were a fun challenge too.

Please hurry up and get here Friday so I can play R&C!

Any idea when we are getting the skyjacked theme and DLC 2 theme for black ops 3 which the US store has had for some Time ?

lumoplusjess 19 April, 2016 @ 1:55 pm   9

store updates on tuesday, only 2 games available on tuesday…
Might as well have kept it on wednesday

KaneTheGoth 19 April, 2016 @ 3:08 pm

Rubbish, it’s still useful to see what’s coming and when. Just check the blog on Wednesday if you feel so aggrieved.

Having said that.. this blog is a FAR less useful place without the pricing!

Scuffy_P 19 April, 2016 @ 3:42 pm

Years ago, games WERE released on the store update (except those duel released at retailers). Since it shifted to Tuesday, the expectation naturally (due to Sony saying so), was that games would continue to release on that update. But things got worse. Very few games are released on the update or even the following day. So why change it to begin with.
    We were promised better timing of releases, that simply never happened. Sony promised many things before the launch of the PS4 that they’ve since ignored and forgotten about.

Huono_peleis 19 April, 2016 @ 4:15 pm

“Every PS4 game will have a demo”
    Sony

This also didn’t kinda happen. Sony is good at promising but actually delivering is a pain.

Andre-Veelt 19 April, 2016 @ 1:55 pm   10

Ratchet & Clank is the winner this week :D.

windy-m 19 April, 2016 @ 1:55 pm   11

FYI – DeadStar icon is only a link to the Flickr image, not the PS store page

TachikomaShiki 19 April, 2016 @ 1:57 pm   12

Max Payne!!! Yay!!! Thanks 🙂

AlexFlyRulz 19 April, 2016 @ 2:15 pm

I’m so happy as well !!! Can’t wait !!!! 🙂

TachikomaShiki 19 April, 2016 @ 2:22 pm

Hopefully it won’t disappear again before Friday lol

AlexFlyRulz 19 April, 2016 @ 2:23 pm

Honestly I’m not sure of what I’ll do if this happens… 😀

TachikomaShiki 19 April, 2016 @ 2:54 pm

If it does, we’ll both just team up and make Max Payne 4 😀

AlexFlyRulz 19 April, 2016 @ 2:59 pm

Or we’ll enter in bullet time mode and destroy everything ! XD

Marky264 19 April, 2016 @ 6:54 pm

Question! If I’ve already purchased Max Payne on PS3 as a PS2 Classic will it retroactively unlock for me on PS4 or will I have to purchase it again?

RKO_JPL7 19 April, 2016 @ 9:28 pm

@Marky264 PS2 games on PS4 aren’t crossbuy so you have purchase it again.

spacedelete2 19 April, 2016 @ 1:58 pm   13

is Take Two going to get bought out by Activision or another company? i ask because they seem to be stealth releasing all of their games lately without a single bit of advertising so it seems they are cashing in on their IPs with as little effort as possible before they get bought out.

eusivecom 19 April, 2016 @ 2:05 pm   14

Is the Rambo Baker Team dlc out today for Europe?

tonyevans1989 19 April, 2016 @ 2:10 pm   15

how much is Axiom Verge going to be on Vita and is it also cross-buy with PS4 like it is in the States does anyone know?

StevenJamesHyde 19 April, 2016 @ 2:25 pm

It is cross-buy, and consequently will be the same price as the PS4 version. I think there was talk of a 10% discount for this week as well

matdub69 19 April, 2016 @ 3:26 pm

No 10% discount applied yet.

StevenJamesHyde 19 April, 2016 @ 3:38 pm

If the 10% discount comes it’ll be as a ‘launch discount’ for the Vita version, i.e. don’t expect to see it until tomorrow

Huono_peleis 19 April, 2016 @ 4:17 pm

So it will be a plus game within 2-3 months.

Is the EU Towerfall Vita injunction still in place or xan you release any info?

matdub69 19 April, 2016 @ 3:29 pm

I have pushed that one out of my head. It will just pop one day, probably months from now.

MoFoMedia 19 April, 2016 @ 6:41 pm

Or never, like some games. CS:GO comes to mind.

ZeroAbbadon 19 April, 2016 @ 2:24 pm   17

Hey Fran, is Max Payne a lie again or is it ACTUALLY coming this time?

adumr82 19 April, 2016 @ 2:38 pm   18

Hi Fran, if we Brexit to we get to ditch SCEE and get our prices back in the blog posts? Important information.

counterUAVbaby 19 April, 2016 @ 2:40 pm   19

GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories double-pack, what does that mean? Do they come with Trophies?

MaxDiehard 19 April, 2016 @ 3:08 pm

No, they’re PS3 only, so just PS2 emulated classics.

Only the PS4 emulations have trophies.

counterUAVbaby 19 April, 2016 @ 9:01 pm

No really! GTA San Andreas for PS3 has trophies.

Ants_Pai 19 April, 2016 @ 2:45 pm   20

Halfbrick mentioned on Twitter that Jetpack Joyride would be coming out soon, I take it they meant next week? Also super excited for the Namco classics as well as Ratchet & Clank! Thanks for the update Fran!

link1983 19 April, 2016 @ 3:00 pm   21

Francesca, I see there is some Tron RUN/r DLC, is it a part of the season pass because it’s trying to charge me for it.

matdub69 19 April, 2016 @ 3:22 pm   22

Galaga!

Scuffy_P 19 April, 2016 @ 3:23 pm   23

Look at all those great games…not out today. I have to ask; why bother with the Tuesday “update” when on average only 20% of games are released on that day? Hate to bring up SCEA, but 99% of their games ARE released on their store update? I’d prefer you went back to the old days when the update was later in the week when all the games were released on that day.
One step forward: Twenty steps back. Bit of a joke to be honest.

Scuffy_P 19 April, 2016 @ 3:35 pm

Need to add; SCEE promised by moving the update to Tuesday releases would be more inline with SCEA. That never happened, in fact it’s much, much worse.

I agree, but I would like to add in clarification that this was primarily for digital releases, obviously it was understood that games with retail releases were in line with brick and mortar stores in the various countries, but when there is no physical release, there should be no reason why a simultaneous launch isn’t possible, hence the move to a Tuesday update…

I know, I know… it’s the publishers setting the dates, etc…

Darlo-Richie 19 April, 2016 @ 3:42 pm   24

Francesca, please give the ones asking about Towerfall on Vita an answer, after reading the developers Twitter even he doesn’t seem to know what’s going on, this does not reflect well on SCEE at all.

josh261995 19 April, 2016 @ 3:43 pm   25

Max Payne 😀

Huono_peleis 19 April, 2016 @ 4:21 pm   26

For people interested on Pacmans, Dig Dug and Galaga: you do realise that they are free on PC & Mac sans trophies? You can try before you purchase.

MrMette 19 April, 2016 @ 4:52 pm   27

Francesca, where is the Minecraft Story Mode Adventure pass.
It was announced 2 weeks ago it would come to the store on April 8th and I can only find it on the US store (not on the Belgian or UK store).

I just checked the other stores for reference.

As the new DLC is not out yet, it is not a big problem yet, but I find it strange it was announced and the Deluxe Season pass was added that week, but the Adventure Pass is nowhere to be seen.

MrMette 19 April, 2016 @ 5:59 pm

Btw, it was just a question, I am just curious why it isn’t on the store in Europe.

Like I said, it isn’t a big problem yet, but I just wanted to check if you knew the reason why it isn’t on there yet (and if it will arrive before or when the new DLC comes out).

MoFoMedia 19 April, 2016 @ 6:39 pm   28

Francesca, when is DLC going to be included in these posts again? Like Rocksmith, or Rambo even…

RetroPietro 20 April, 2016 @ 1:12 am   29

How about The Warriors and Red Dead Revolver please!

RadaRadaSnicl 20 April, 2016 @ 9:27 am   30

Any estimated price on fc 4 and primal boundle? Ratchet and Clankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Lance_87 20 April, 2016 @ 12:59 pm   31

Francesca, why Amplitude for PS3 has been already delisted? It was released what, 2-3 weeks ago?

scarz08 20 April, 2016 @ 2:58 pm   32

Finally! I can’t wait to play Max Payne with trophies. I really hope Max Payne 2 comes soon.

Vagrant-VX 20 April, 2016 @ 10:01 pm   33

Max Payne buying for sure
But I would really like to see GTA LCS & VCS on PS4
And going for the manhunt next week

enrickuranium 22 April, 2016 @ 11:11 am   34

So, no LUMO…???…

CoolRichy007UK 22 April, 2016 @ 8:37 pm   35

Ye sony WHERE IS LUMO just finished ratchet clank the original way way better more planets this 1 has less well im not buying anymore ratchet clank games