New trailer shows PS4 RPG The Technomancer in action

The latest adventure from Spiders Studio arrives on 21st June

Hi everyone, I’m Jeanne Rousseau, CEO and Creative Director at Spiders Studio here in Paris. I am really excited to share with you an in-depth look at our biggest and most expansive RPG yet, The Technomancer.

You’ll meet Zachariah, a rookie Technomancer from Abundance, one of the powerful corporations on the red planet. Technomancers are formidable warriors harnessing destructive electrical powers channeled through their implants.

Your journey starts at Ophir, capital of Abundance, erected from the remains of the first human settlements in the Ophir Chasma. Picking from three combat stances, you’ll be able to specialise your style of play, making use of the Technomancer’s special electrical abilities to buff yourself or actively attack the many monsters roaming the red planet.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Mars is a dangerous place, with deadly threats lurking at every corner. Whether you’re facing the underworld mobs in the slums of Ophir, the ASC soldiers hunting you, the Technomancers from rival corporation Aurora, or the many mutated hybrid creatures roaming the canyons of Mars, you’ll have to think and fight tactically if you don’t want to be outmatched.

• The combat with the staff is based on mobility and damage using sweeping and effective blows against groups comprising several enemies.
  • Fighting with Blade and gun requires agility, dodging and controlling the pace of combat with the nail-gun.
  • Finally, the Blade and shield combat style focuses on defence, blocking and parrying to inflict heavy damage in response to an attack.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Of course, your Technomancer talents can be combined to your combat style: electrify your weapon to boost the damage, or create an electricity shield to boost your defense… it’s also important to consider changing stances in the middle of a fight to gain a certain advantage!

Visit cities scattered throughout Mars, and learn of new cultures separated from Earth for many years. We’re excited for you to explore our vision of the red planet as inhabited by humans, corporations, and the weird and wonderful genetically modified monsters throughout the planet on 21st June.

And if you want more info about the game, don’t hesitate to visit the official website or the official Facebook Page.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

15 Comments
0 Author replies

Looks suprisingly good. Interest peaked.

SteveElite77 19 April, 2016 @ 19:29
1.1

its ‘piqued’ not ‘peaked’. lol

Steve_Of_The_O 20 April, 2016 @ 13:33
1.2

I’ll wager his use of English is better than your use of Dutch.

On topic, this looks a very interesting title. Never actually heard of it before today.

1.3

It’s ‘it’s’, not ‘its’.

its = possessive, it’s = it is.

UltraSilver64 19 April, 2016 @ 15:10

Very interesting. I assume it is set either before or after Mars: War Logs (Technomancer kind of gave it away!)?

Regardless, looks interesting. Would like to see more about it…

Will this be disc of download? Either way I’ll be getting it!

looks promising, but I suspect that this video is actually from a PC and not a PS4, the blurred buttons make it suspicious, time will tell, also, I hope they don’t make the same mistake with bound by flame regarding the enemies behavior and amount of HP

bigbaddaddyvader 19 April, 2016 @ 17:03

Fundamental problem with Bound By Flame was that there was no Invert Y Axis option so I just could not control it.Will that be an option in this because I bought Bound By Flame and then had to sell it as I just could not play it and I have been looking forward to this one but will not buy it unless the Invert option is there.

Yepp, stopped looking after 2 minutes.
I’m buying this don’t want to get spoiled even a second more ^^

Doesnt tell u much about the game other than you are fighting things on mars with different skills,
Any building things like houses/bases etc?

Oh right, this is from the studio of Bound By Flame.. That game looked like a technical mess and this doesn’t look much better TBH.. I expect a certain degree of technical quality in a AAA and this does not provide imo.. Controls and combat look pretty ‘floaty’ and textures and skin look like plastic.. Might give it a try eventually at a low price because the setting appeals more to me than that of BBF.

I’ll keep my eyes on it. The combat feels a little bad.. i mean, every tps games should have Batman Arkham fighting style… IF the game has fighting.

Croopnick_PL 19 April, 2016 @ 20:30

Looks nice, but (there’s always “but”), camera in combat is too low, and based on mini map in trailer gameplay looks like this: narrow corridor – big empty space (arena) with enemies – another narrow corridor (probably with health items and checkpoint) – another arena – > repeat until quest ends.

pablo-hassan 20 April, 2016 @ 11:40

This looks stunning defo keeping an eye on this

eightleggedsteed 20 April, 2016 @ 12:52

Looks good! I really enjoyed ‘Bound by Flame,’ and I think I’ll enjoy this one too.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history