Ratchet & Clank is back with a bang today on PS4

The much-loved duo return with a critically-acclaimed reboot of the original game

It’s finally here! Ratchet & Clank arrives on PlayStation 4 across the PAL region today (UK release to follow on 22nd April), with an adventure that retells their origin story and ties into the major motion picture releasing in cinemas around the globe this spring.

This has been a project that we here at Insomniac have poured ourselves into. The original 2002 Ratchet & Clank is a classic, and we worked hard to re-imagine the original game in a way that will feel familiar but very different to fans of the franchise, and also offer a perfect entry point for players who haven’t played much – or any – Ratchet & Clank.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
RCPS4_4_nov_bridge_1457602052
3_disco_1445969188

You’ll still experience Ratchet meeting Clank, and a plot centered around the evil Chairman Drek and the Deplanetizer. You’ll visit Novallis, Veldin and Kerwan. But while these locations will be laid out similarly to how you might remember, the gameplay is completely different.

Modern Ratchet controls (remember, you couldn’t strafe in 2002!), an arsenal of greatest weapons from across the series, brand-new Clank gameplay, brand-new boss gameplay, brand-new ship gameplay, the jetpack from Nexus, and completely new areas and paths in some of the locations you know well take this well beyond a simple remaster. It’s the ultimate version of Ratchet & Clank.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
RCPS4_1_met_train_1457602049
RCPS4_3_ari_run_1457602051

But you don’t have to take my word for it, the critics agree. As of this writing, we have a stellar 86 on Metacritic, with 57 reviews and all of them positive.

We’re so excited to return to the Solana Galaxy with you. Please let us know what you think of the game on our Twitter and Facebook pages. And we’ll see you at the cinema soon!

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

35 Comments
0 Author replies
spacedelete2 20 April, 2016 @ 11:33

delaying this game with three different releases dates for different regions is going to hurt your sales big time espesially delaying the UK release by two days. you fools do know UK is a PAL region right? don’t come crying when this game flops as you will have yourselves to blame.

1.1

Yea weird when you consider that the first PAL broadcasts were in the UK (despite it being a German invention). And even more weirdly when you consider PAL Is now DVB but it’s still used as a false territory marker.

Well I dont understand this artifical delaying of the games and movies.
And Im especially alergic to one specific scenario (not related to this game):
– PR department spends millions to hype players and makes the to want the game as soon as possible.
– Game / movie is ready but refused to sell to the players yet (it is ready. it is in the stores. But “ah you want to buy it and give us your money? Sorry. Come back later. We cant sell it to you!”)
– Game / movie is pirated and available on the internet. Hyped players wants to play it and company still refuses to sell it to customers because reasons.
– Company complains that piracy is hurting them :-D

I mean – when the game is ready, players want to purchase it, why not sell it to them? Because PR deparment selected some date 10 months ago? Cmon!

Show full comment

Well I dont understand this artifical delaying of the games and movies.
And Im especially alergic to one specific scenario (not related to this game):
– Company complains that piracy is hurting them :-D

This is especially true for movies. I have seen movies that were shown on festivals (months before release) so the Movies are fully finished. Somehow dvd rip gets out. But company still refuses to sell cinema tickets / dvds / blu rays or provide them on paid streaming services. And then complains that people did not paid them :-D Some company beroucracy is just mystery for me :-D

This is a ridiculous comment. A delay of a few days in the UK won’t cause it to flop. If players want it, I do, they’ll get it on Friday. I’m not going to miss out just because German people can play today and the French have been since Friday. Yes it’s annoying to have to keep waiting but to suggest that two days will affect sales is nonsensical

Show more replies
RadaRadaSnicl 20 April, 2016 @ 11:43

Waàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa up!

The game runs perfectly. The visuals are amazing.

Now bring on Crash Bandicoot and Jack & Daxter! :-D

3.1

Uhh, this is Insominac, they did Spyro, Ratchet and Resistance.

Naughty Dog were the ones who did Crash, Jak and Uncharted.

I know friend!

I’m talking about bringing back the golden platforming era to PS4! :-)

I am too excited to be playing this. But I shall not be getting it on release. I have decided to play through the history of Ratchet and Clank in the following order:

– Ratchet & Clank (HD Remake)
– Ratchet & Clank: Locked and Loaded (HD Remake)
– Ratchet & Clank 3 (HD Remake)
– Ratchet: Gladiator (HD Remake)
– Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
– Secret Agent Clank
– Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
– Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
– Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
– Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

And then I will be moving on to this remake. I have played, and completed, all of these games before but I have been itching for an excuse to replay them. Looks like the next 3 – 6 months of my gaming has already been decided.

And thank you for going back to making a more ‘traditional’ Ratchet & Clank game. I was not much of a fan of All 4 One or Q-Force.

CoolRichy007UK 20 April, 2016 @ 14:04
4.1

I hated q force n nexis roll on R&C

4.2

(Remasters)

The new game seen in this blog post is in fact a remake of the very first from the ground up, where the PS3 HD trilogy was just a remaster.

Why the hell is it delayed in the UK. We constantly get shafted.

@ericsson68 It was never delayed. This staggered release was planned, if you can believe that!

Utter madness I know. It will be the same for No Man’s Sky and many others. At least they changed the Uncharted 4 release to a worldwide date, so it isn’t all bad.

lizziebear66 20 April, 2016 @ 12:52

Yeah it sucks having to wait two more days than eu and ten days after USA release
….ING ridiculous

CoolRichy007UK 20 April, 2016 @ 14:03
7.1

They saved the best till last not long to go

lizziebear66 21 April, 2016 @ 11:42
7.2

^^ weirdo

I don’t know if it was only in Scandinavia but preordering the game actually made it almost 3 euro more expensive, what the hell gives?

Yeah, I noticed this too….. Price changed on release-day…. That is not cool. I would understand a price-change after a while, but 3 euros difference on release-day?

It’s not out in Ireland… We’re not the UK. Pretty poor show with a staggered release. You’ve got Dark Souls III breathing down your neck, tying up people’s time and wallets.

CoolRichy007UK 20 April, 2016 @ 14:03
9.1

Have my ratchet clank :D

Carnivius_Prime 20 April, 2016 @ 13:24

Today! no…wait… Friday for me… It’s already taken my money out of my PSN wallet though. rah.

Oh well, I bought Shantae and the namco arcade games (I don’t get why those Namco games are 800MB each.. the original arcade roms barely take up 80k). They shall entertain me til R&C appears on my PS4 as if my magic in a couple days.

CoolRichy007UK 20 April, 2016 @ 14:02
10.1

Same here dr nufarious took my galexy coins ready 4 friday to do some good ol platforming

I haven’t been more hyped for a game since the PS4 launched, another 2 days is nothing. i’ll just go to work and ask for more hours to take my mind off the wait. :D

My copy arrived this morning (Thank You The Game Collection!) I am looking forward to playing very shortly :)

Prem-aka-Prince 20 April, 2016 @ 17:36
12.1

I regret not ordering it sooner, mine’s dispatched today at least.

Going to need to pick this up to play in between the Division. I’d see the movie too if I weren’t so socially agoraphobic :p

Wow damn man really?

Games like Ratchet bring out the imagination in lots of people, and that should be really important for a hobby that promotes fun.

DemonicPrime 21 April, 2016 @ 14:11

I’d at least like to know why it was planned that Ireland & UK get this last? :(

a-giant-hippo 23 April, 2016 @ 20:18

Purchased from the PS store today. Has been downloading for over 4 hours now and less than 4GB completed despite having a 200MB fibre connection.

I think I’m gonna give up on the store and only purchase hard copies from now on. Would advise you all to do the same.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history