Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End update

A message from Shuhei Yoshida

We have some unfortunate news to report that a number of copies of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End were stolen while in transit. While we are continuing to work with the police to resolve the matter – which is the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation – it appears that a few copies of the game have surfaced in the UK.

We know that very many of you have been looking forward with great anticipation and excitement to the latest masterpiece from Naughty Dog. From what I have played of Nathan Drake’s latest adventure, I can tell you that it is very much worth the wait. As with most Naughty Dog games, the unfolding story is such an integral part of the experience and for this reason we wanted to warn you to beware of the potential for spoilers to be posted by people with access to stolen copies of the game. An extremely talented team has worked long and hard to bring Nathan Drake’s greatest adventure to life and we would urge you to help us prevent this from being spoilt by not purchasing copies of the game ahead of the launch date. Please rest assured we will be very vigilant to protect you from this as far as we can so you can enjoy Uncharted 4’s experience to its fullest on May 10th.

94 Comments
0 Author replies

Stolen? I thought they were sent out early by retailer?

Ah well you can fix it by releasing the game early for everyone ;)

Some were sent out early by Amazon, this is a separate incident on top of that.

1.2

Amazon did not send any out early, they sent an email apologising for the confusion over dates last night.

Interesting to hear copies were stolen while in transit

Huh?! So the receipts that appeared online are fake?!

Well why not email all the UK retailers and ask them to ship the game now so we can all enjoy it bit early ?

extermin8or_ 27 April, 2016 @ 09:53
3.1

Nah the receipts are real I believe the copies were bought from a particular store that specialises in selling and buying used technology.

3.2

A secondhand shop? god way launder stolen products. get your mate to sell it to the guy and then go and buy it afterwards…

3.3

there was another shop in bexleyheat in london :) not only cex.

Best way is to release digital version now :)

4.1

smh/facepalm/..

Carnivius_Prime 27 April, 2016 @ 09:35

A game with the word ‘thief’ in it’s title got stolen? Ironic :O

lizziebear66 27 April, 2016 @ 14:22
5.1

Don’t you think ?

Nah, it’s just coincidental..

jason-bridges 27 April, 2016 @ 09:45

Harsh for the makers that wanted fans to experience it together, no doubt it’s pretty common place. Hopefully the main gaming sites will be smart enough not to give away major plot lines before it’s release.

ArchangelMike 27 April, 2016 @ 09:55

I hope there were not so many copies stolen to affect delivery to those of us who pre-ordered this masterpiece.

extermin8or_ 27 April, 2016 @ 09:56

I mean logically now as clearly alot of copies of the game have been made abd it was meant to release this week best course of action to protect us from leaks is move the release date forwards a week but warn of stock shortages in some locations fir the hardcopy. After all digital exists and likely preorder would be fulfilled fine it’d just be walk in day one sales….. Ans it’s bot like most people couldn’t download it I’d they really couldn’t find a copy anywhere.

Speaking of thieves, Please be aware that sony turn subscription auto-renew back on every time you top up your ps+ account. I found this out at my cost yesterday when they snuck £15 out of my bank and wouldn’t give it back. Its underhanded and not even microsoft pull this crap. If i turn off auto-renew I expect it to stay off.

rayna-monique 27 April, 2016 @ 11:27
9.1

Then don’t put your bank account on there take it off

9.2

Oh I had to find out the hard way too..

WOW. No wonder I have 735 days left of PS+.
This is such an important discovery hahaha.

Show more replies

Why did you delay the game by 2 weeks, it’s obviously 1. ready. 2. in shops?

Soul-SurVivor94 27 April, 2016 @ 10:30
10.1

Could be because of they day 1 patch that they intend to finish before release

10.2

They may have anticipated it taking a little longer to polish up, and there’s also all the marketing they would have had to have planned months in advance with the correct release date on.

Personally I’m glad they gave it the extra time even if it’s not needed. It shows that Naughty Dog haven’t taken any chances on what will hopefully be a phenomenal game!

10.3

There was no extra polish needed. The game went gold ages ago. Sony delayed the game, probably because they didn’t want it to release so close to Ratchet & Clank.

Show more replies

Would I be in trouble if I bought the stolen goods and play it before launch?

11.1

Probably not but you would be generating profit for the thieves, which is kind of uncool.

11.2

why ? if you pay some money and have reciept.

11.3

I like to know how thiefs sold this game to cex. this they told this because want stop reselling more copies ,

Show more replies
Soul-SurVivor94 27 April, 2016 @ 10:29

So when are we getting multiplayer info ?

This is very unfortunate, feel bad for Naughty Dog. Hope the perpetrators are caught soon.

Funny that you guys advertise the game (and previous games) by showing off all the big action sequences in the trailers, and you’re worried that we’ll be spoiled? DansGame

14.1

Lol, yea I stopped watching anything Uncharted 4 after that trailer a while ago, already showed too much of what I prefered to had seen on my big screen :p

14.2

Action sequences are one thing, plot points are another. Shuei is concerned many will not get to experience the game as they should which is why he gave this statement. I personally appreciate it as I am now aware I will avoid where I can

rayna-monique 27 April, 2016 @ 11:19

That kinda sucks for people who love the game well I don’t like uncharted maby this is a sign to stop making the same game over and over but hope you find all copys

15.1

A bunch of stock of one of the most anticipated games ever getting stolen is a sign to stop making them? That makes sense.. And by your logic, every game is the same over and over.. Moreover, how can you not like Uncharted? Oo

rayna-monique 27 April, 2016 @ 13:07
15.2

I just find em boring and not every game is the same online yes but story change but the way I see uncharted you looking for treasure and the 4th one you still doing the same thing I fell asleep playing uncharted plus I’m into games where you make the story and free play of course but I’m dising uncharted because alot of people like the game plus I like naughty dog some games are incredible

15.3

Looks like somebody stole all your fulls tops and commas to buddy. Maybe Sony can get that investigated to :-)

Show more replies

I had wondered about this- all the receipts seem to be from somewhere that sells second hand games but are known to break street dates (I got pokemon Silver back in the day almost 3 weeks before release, and San Andreas a good week.) Amazon apologised- the emails automatically sent the day they were originally due to go out.

As much as this sucks for Naughty Dog, opinions are positive (I can’t imagine Assassins Creed would cope as well) so whatever they’re fixing up is Multiplayer or late game

16.1

Well the game is gold and clearly in print so they’re not fixing anything up, I imagine right now they’re working on bug squashing and stability works for the day one patch.

i will dodge and avoid un4 stuff for two weeks, but will be hard to not get spoiled, if i got any spoiler it is your own fault, if i got a major spoiler and ruin my experience and enjoyment is your fault. So, its TWO WEEKS to staying vigilant, this is too much and much different from 3 days. People already selling this game out there, somewhere spoilers everywhere will happens soon or latter, just consider release this early on psn and phisicaly

Nice of Shu to give us a spoiler warning. As soon as I read ‘unfortunate’ I feared the worst.. Not very common to see a post of this relevance in the media, but it’s no secret this is a majorly anticipated game.

gingermidget 27 April, 2016 @ 12:46

I remember this happening with Modern Warfare 3 as well

rayna-monique 27 April, 2016 @ 13:52
19.1

I still got my mw3 day 1 but my mw3 had bits of the game missing I couldn’t play online I couldn’t finish campaign

Let’s hope the thieves are caught… And that it really is a thief’s end…

S_P_A_C_E_M_A_N 27 April, 2016 @ 12:58

Sad to hear. Credit to Sony for flagging it up and doing their best. Nothing but contempt for the thieves and sympathy for Naughty Dog. The talented create; the useless…steal.

This happened last year too when some guys stole the ENTIRE shipment of Splatoon Collector’s Editions. Bunch of jerks.

for sell games to cex you need to have account with your ID copy , so solve this will be easy if this are stolen for sure.

rayna-monique 27 April, 2016 @ 13:53
23.1

You don’t really need a account with cex but for cash you need a account and ID

23.2

I know you need cash or store credit.

rayna-monique 27 April, 2016 @ 14:34
23.3

For cash yes not for store credit

Who cares? This game is well past its sell by date anyway!

rayna-monique 27 April, 2016 @ 13:55
24.1

Hahaha people who pre orded the game but I don’t understand why pick uncharted when they can have better games with the full collecters edition

24.2

Im confused? If you really don’t like Uncharted why are you still here? This post is 100% clearly about Uncharted why even click it? I don’t like a game, so when I see a post related to it I generally don’t click it cause it has no interest to me. Your comments on all these posts are irrelevant and incoherent, I can barely understand any of it.

rayna-monique 28 April, 2016 @ 07:35
24.3

Many people who don’t like uncharted are here and I wanted to know what Sony are doing about this you right I don’t like uncharted but I like too see what’s going on

Show more replies

Hey Shuhei Yoshida First good luck with the investigation i hope you find the thief’s and end them :) you catch that? end thief’s :)
But you forget about something is in the web long time like 4 and K or Matrix no sorry Neo 4TFLOPS faster, 512mb more memory, any update for that :)

How about updating this post with contact info in case someone is able to help?

I’ve read a few spoilers on IGN and Twitter, they’re popping up like flowers in the spring but not sure whether they’re legit or not, some of them were to weird to believe, I don’t get why the game still isn’t out, this is legit torture. RELEASE THE GAME ALREADY!

sarra2014gaming 29 April, 2016 @ 21:18
27.1

we been waiting an because of some stupid thieves the game is coming out late!!

or is this some trick because they didn’t get the game ready on time ??

GIGGITY_GOO__ 27 April, 2016 @ 20:39

Think I’m going to stay off uncharted videos on YouTube to avoid spoilers then

This is a marketing stunt by Naughty Dog and Sony. Nothing more, nothing less. And it’s brilliant. And on day one the game will still be glorious – can’t wait.

This whole “delay” is going to backfire. The number of copies that have already been leaked is absurd and this news just adds insult to injury. Somebody already posted a major spoiler as the heading of a forum thread and it took hours for the post to be removed. Whether or not the post was legitimate isn’t really relevant, it’s the accessibility to the information and how sensitive it is…

ThroughTheIris56 28 April, 2016 @ 09:25

Someone should end those thieves.

Well, looks like it’s someone else’s job to spoil the game now, I was planning to do it but oh well. (Just kidding)

fanofeverything 28 April, 2016 @ 17:09

Well damn Those Thieves can’t wait until may 10.

rayna-monique 29 April, 2016 @ 13:12
33.1

Lol well it’s the thief’s end

fanofeverything 29 April, 2016 @ 14:54
33.2

Yeah True I Guess.

They should release the digital game immediately…no more waiting..why should we wait all this time for the stupid physical copies..and now got stolen??.. so some lucky people will play it earlier..RELEASE DIGITAL NOW

I’m buying the game no matter what so no problem
hope they catch the people who did it

fanofeverything 29 April, 2016 @ 18:40

I hope Those Thieves Are Really Proud of What They Did.

sarra2014gaming 29 April, 2016 @ 21:11

it must be the end of uncharted :(

the THIEF’S END

sarra2014gaming 29 April, 2016 @ 21:14

Is the special edition out on PS4??????????
cause i was looking on Ebay to c if any one put anything stolen on there an there was a special edition one ?? that estimated to b delivered before release date.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history