Although we’ve been quiet about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for the past few months, our team at Eidos-Montréal has been hard at work on the game. We’re excited to be back in the spotlight today with our brand new 101 trailer, which will give you an overview of what you can expect from the game. Enjoy!
So how does Deus Ex: Mankind Divided perfect the action-RPG formula? Here are 10 ways:
- Deus Ex is all about letting you play the way you want. Combat, stealth, hacking and social approaches will always be at your disposal to tackle your objectives.
- Every choice you make in the game will have a consequence, and every decision you make will ultimately have an impact on the ending you witness.
- Adam Jensen will have a whole new set of augmentations, and it’ll be up to you to choose which ones to invest in to support your play style.
- Weapons are now customisable on the fly with different attachments and ammo types.
- Our team has taken a lot of care to craft meaningful side quests. No generic objectives and situations here – every one of our side quests will introduce you to different characters and their own stories, and involve moral choices.
- Dialogue choices are also an important social feature in the game, with one augmentation providing you with information on how to best handle certain conversations to reach your objective.
- Our hacking mini-game comes with a slew of new possibilities. We’re also introducing a remote hacking augmentation, which lets you manipulate certain devices on the fly.
- The game will take you to diverse locations around the world. So far, we’ve revealed Dubai, Prague and a fictional ghetto called Golem City. Dense and rich environments are our motto.
- Layers are at the core of our music system, which will dynamically adapt to what you will be doing in the world – exploration, infiltration, combat, and so on.
- When you finish the game, you’ll be able to access the New Game Plus mode. In this mode, we’ll encourage you to make different choices and mix up your play style to experience what you might have missed the first time around.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is releasing on 23rd August 2016 for PlayStation 4, with the Digital Standard and Deluxe editions being available for pre-order right now on PlayStation Store. Which aspect of the game are you most excited about?