Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is out today

Naughty Dog’s stunning sign-off to their blockbuster series is available now

Today’s the day. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is out! That’s a surreal statement to make. It’s even more surreal to think that so many of you finally get to turn on your PlayStation 4 and go on the final adventure with Nathan Drake. There were times during production when we actually thought, we’re not going to make it – this is the game where our ambition will get the best of us.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018
PLUNDER_SCREEN_02_1462361301
Uncharted_4_drake_close_up_1421239570

This game’s production was hard… probably the hardest out of all the games we’ve ever made. Our ambition was high; the scope was massive; but compromise wasn’t an option because we knew – this is our last Uncharted. Everyone on the team was going to give it their all because we love these characters.

A team of 100s of the most talented individuals in the industry rose to the challenge in creating the closing chapter for Nathan Drake’s story. Every discipline wanted to make sure that their area of the game did justice to the series. We’ve pushed, helped and motivated each other to create something beyond the limits of what we thought was possible.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004
Uncharted_4_drake_leaping_1421239570
2015_11_28_U4_MP_BETA_14_1462361303

Standing back… we’re in awe. We knew the individual parts were great, but seeing how the game came together into something truly beautiful fills us with gratitude and pride. We are extremely proud of the sendoff we’re giving these characters… and we couldn’t be prouder of the team that crafted it.

From everyone at Naughty Dog, we thank you for your support – without it we couldn’t make these kinds of games. We hope our passion and dedication comes through. We hope we’ve done you proud.

Until next time,

Neil & Bruce

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004
Uncharted-4_drake-truck-punch_1434547660
Uncharted-4_enemies-approach_1434547668
Uncharted-4_drake-truck-leap_1434547656
31 Comments
0 Author replies
TimeSkipLuffy 10 May, 2016 @ 14:08

Thank you for the greatest game on PS4 so far. Only you probably will be able to top it.

1.1

Rockstar got an upset for you….

spacedelete2 10 May, 2016 @ 15:41
1.2

Harrisown well Rockstar haven’t made a game since 2013. it seems they have given up making games.

1.3

Well games of their scale take years to make, not to mention they do multiple projects too.

Second that

Just like too say uncharted 4 its amazing

PLEASE can u LOOK INTO ISSUE with uncharted points people are buying them from psn store NOT showing up on uncharted 4 ingame on mp

Angel_SilentDiva 12 May, 2016 @ 22:14
4.1

Did you resolve the problem because my points not showing up either and its been 3 days!!

Colossus-XL 13 May, 2016 @ 00:38
4.2

Same problem here, any news on a fix?

I love how much detail is in Uncharted 4 and I’m glad to finally play it. One thing I have to say though is about the multiplayer I hope some CO-OP survival missions are added in a future update since it was my favourite mode in Uncharted 2 & 3.

SOLID-SNAKE91 10 May, 2016 @ 14:36

No, thank you Naughty Dog

BirdieYumYum 10 May, 2016 @ 14:41

Started at midnight, waited till everyone had gone to bed, turned out the lights and put on my headphones too immerse myself. Only 2 hours into the game (and tired as hell at work today)…but what an amazing experience. This should not be possible on this hardware. Thank you so much !!!

I pre-ordered the special edition but the supplier blew it and I’m not only not getting my copy today – I’m getting the regular edtion instead because they don’t have the SE it and it’s already sold out everywhere else… at least they gave me a significantly lower price because of the screw up but it’s still very much disappointing :/

Stonesthrow 10 May, 2016 @ 15:49

Force myself to finish my Division dailies before I get into this :p

rashid_anwar 10 May, 2016 @ 16:33

A big thank to the greatest team Naughty Dog.You guys are the only reason I bought Playstation. Everything you make turns into a masterpiece.Keep on doing the great work.

Hey, Sony, I think you should know that russian retailer DNS-shop, which is have exclusive rights to sell Special Edition of Uncharted 4 in Russia screw it up again. So, people pre paid orders in 100% and can’t get them at release date (and retailer can’t tell when can we get our orders). I just want to know why that happend, because of retailer or because Sony send special editions to Russia to late?

thanks ND, we are proud of you! Greetings from Italy

Best game ever and i hope nd to put more modes and splitscreen for multiplayer

After your shambled business practices regarding the fractured Uncharted 3 modes and network passes, it’s safe to say I won’t be supporting you on this game.

Once you go back to the great devs you were in the 5th and 6th gen, then we’ll see.

Carnivius_Prime 11 May, 2016 @ 14:44
14.1

your loss. really.

14.2

Eh. I’ve got plenty more other new games to play.

14.3

Yeah your loss haha.

Show more replies
Novicemathematic 11 May, 2016 @ 12:35

Picked the game up last night, played the first level, literally whooped out loud with excitement at least 3 times, finished the level and then restarted it again so I could take it in properly. Finished Level 3 and then stopped for the night. This is absolute gaming joy, thank you Naughty Dog.

The highest compliment I can pay you is that I don’t want to play it too much because that means it will come to an end sooner rather than later.

I’m in work at the moment but my mind is literally on Uncharted and when I squeeze in some more play time!

Novicemathematic 11 May, 2016 @ 12:36

oops edit I meant when I CAN squeeze in some more game time!

mechanoid42 11 May, 2016 @ 13:21

Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow!!!!

Played up to Level 4 last night, but as other commenters have said, need to limit myself, so that I don’t get through the game too quickly. The graphics are just so Good and details are amazing, and you can see life in the eyes of the characters. And you have made Elena who she should be again.

Thanks Naughty Dog.

(PS the statue is Amazing)

RedAngel_Dragnet 11 May, 2016 @ 13:55

My copy is severely broken! https://youtu.be/8dGrRBSaZdk

Carnivius_Prime 11 May, 2016 @ 14:29

Finished story mode last night and I ain’t gonna spoil anything but just say I love this game so much and the whole story was a deeply satisfying and hugely enjoyable adventure. Sad to see it end but happy to see it end so beautifully. And yes it is a technical masterpiece. First time since buying my PS4 that I finally feel like I’m seeing the true power of the console. Well done to everybody involved in making what is very likely my new favourite game ever. :)

19.1

I’m only at stage 7 or 8 as had to get to bed, but boy is the detail epic. I was stunned by how good the underwater scene looked and then blown away by the detail in Scotland. Ok, PC may have better textures that can be achieved, but on limited technology they have done a phenomenal job. And the acting is even better than before, with some great moments and I’m not even finished yet.
Definitely one of the best looking games on PS4 so far. God only knows what they could have achieved if they just had a better gpu and memory allocation.
ND have done it again, I just wonder if there is anyone else that can top this for a whole experience and not just the graphics.

Carnivius_Prime 12 May, 2016 @ 06:53
19.2

If you only on chapter 8 then you have so much more awesomeness and gorgeous graphics to come. Enjoy :)

And maybe a high end PC is capable of more but they don’t have Naughty Dog’s amazing artists producing this kind of beautiful work of art on it.

Alberto-capo 14 May, 2016 @ 23:11

For me a masterpiece, no game studio can match this, so my next question is, what do I bye after this ? Big dilemma…

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history