This week’s PlayStation Store discounts: The Witcher 3, Driveclub, GTA5, more

Temporary price cuts on 100+ titles starts today

Whether it’s snow, ice, tarmac or dirt, race on the edge of control with this week’s PlayStation Store Deal of the Week, DiRT Rally!

Available on PS4, head to PlayStation Store now to save, download and play.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

May Madness (until 01/06/16)

Looking for top games to play this May? Our latest PlayStation Store promotion, May Madness, has up to 50% off some of our favourite titles.

With The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, Mortal Kombat XL, Grand Theft Auto V and many more on offer, you won’t want to miss this!*

Head to the May Madness page on PlayStation Store for pricing information relevant to your region.

Here’s a full list of what’s available in the promotion:

*Some titles may not be available in your region

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Digital Discounts (until 01/06/16)

Not only do we have some great games included in our May Madness deal, we also have a select number of digital titles available on offer in our Digital Discounts promotion. Again, pricing can be found on PlayStation Store, but here’s the complete list of games on offer:

Other PlayStation Store deals & offers

Deal of the Week, May Madness and our Digital Discounts aren’t the only great offers available now on PS Store. Head to our Deals & Offers page for more, including our ongoing “PS3 and Vita” promotion, updated fortnightly. Here are the latest offers:

64 Comments
0 Author replies

Would be nice to see Witcher DLC on sale like the US store has had. Been waiting ages for it to go on sale. Witcher 3 was my first PS4 experience.

StevenJamesHyde 18 May, 2016 @ 11:19
1.1

It *is* on sale

frimo_online 18 May, 2016 @ 12:09
1.2

£7.39 down from £7.99 – I’m sure people who were on the fence are gonna just jump at that massive saving!

StevenJamesHyde 18 May, 2016 @ 12:20
1.3

The US got a $1 discount ($9.99 -> $8.99). The OP asked for “a sale like the US store had”, and that’s *exactly* what this is

StevenJamesHyde 18 May, 2016 @ 11:18

Anyone who doesn’t already own The Talos Principle should snap it up for £8.99. I paid twice that and it was worth every penny

RodrigoSharingan 18 May, 2016 @ 11:26
2.1

I kinda stopped buying / supporting indie games on PS4 since most of them are bound to hit the PS+ monthly line up.
I have a feeling The Talos Principle is gonna be one of those indies in the future… Great game tho.

StevenJamesHyde 18 May, 2016 @ 12:21
2.2

A £30 game, with a boxed retail edition, the 10th-highest rated non-rerelease on the PS4 according to Metacritic, on PS Plus? I admire your optimism

2.3

I almost got it last sale time when it was twice the price. My pile of shame mocking me stayed my hand. My pile of shame has grown further but at 12 dollars down from 55 my talos principles insist I get this one. I have been looking forward to this.

Show more replies

Why does DriveClub Bikes Standalone get reduced and the Expansion version not? If you have DriveClub already you cannot purchase the standalone version.

3.1

That sucks. I guess it doesnt apply if you have the physical. I think i would prefer this one though. If my driveclub disc breaks or goes missing i can still play it. In fact i wish more dlc was stand alone. Still sucks that both versions arent on sale. Ahh the mysteries of life.

I agree.
This is so ridiculous. I was waiting for a promotion of the expansion of Driveclub bikes. It makes no sense, the expansion be more expensive than the standalone version …

3.3

I’ve only got the ps plus version of driveclub and it still doesn’t let you buy bikes as standalone, really annoying as its a great price

Show more replies

I was hoping for What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!?
I had it on my PSP, and it was good.
Then my PSP died and it was not good. Repurchasing with a discount for my Vita would be great!

Tuulenpoika 18 May, 2016 @ 12:36

Once again Dragon’s Lair for PS3 is on sale, and ONCE AGAIN, the PSP version is not there. What is the problem with the PSP version? Aren’t they from the same publisher, too, why not include the PSP version in there?

miky_magawolaz 18 May, 2016 @ 12:52

Another great sale, please keep doing these!!

jason-bridges 18 May, 2016 @ 12:55

Gravity rush remastered (last day to get it cheaper today) driveclub bikes and infamous second son + first light are all very tempting for me

I think is funny (though not ha ha funny) that Kings quest episode 1 is free to everyone now. I had to pay for ps plus to get that 1/5 of a game for free.

8.1

It was obvious that this was going to happen, doesn’t make it any better though.

Can anybody recommend the Witcher 3? Been on the fence for a long while, not really into rpg’s but hear so many good things about it.

9.1

If you like a Western styled RPG you can lose 150+ hours to, where combat force you to think rather than spam attack buttons, where there are actually areas of the game that it’s best to avoid early doors as you’ll be under-powered, where the first DLC had a better story than most full retail games and has been subject to a host of free skins and small sidequests that other publishers would charge for… then get it.

I loved it, lost a whole 6 weeks to it when it released and can’t wait for the final DLC.

Pretty much what this guy said, and it’s not just DLC that’s well written, there’s a quest line called “The Bloody Baron” which is better realised than many full games or films. Word of warning though, don’t buy if you’re easily offended buy strong language or adult themes because there’s plenty of both

9.3

Dark cruel fantasy world. I loved it.

Show more replies

The disparity in the price of Rockstar games on PS3 and PS4 is pretty appalling.

Manhunt & Bully
PS3 – £1.99
PS4 – £7.39

GTA Trilogy
PS3 – £7.99
PS3 – £14.99

As someone who already owns the PS3 copies of these games it’d be nice to at least have a better discount on the PS4 versions.

10.1

They’re still fairly recent and have been updated with trophies on the PS4 versions.

They’re still treated as new releases so are priced differently despite being the same game.

10.2

Being updated with trophies shouldn’t equate to a 270% increase in price.

Carnivius_Prime 18 May, 2016 @ 14:56
10.3

I was happy to buy Canis Canem Edit again when it got released on PS4 due to trophy support, clearer graphics and make use of the PS4 features like shareplay and videos and such and the conveinence of playing it on the console I haven’t put away. :P

Show more replies

Whats this wander game for 70% off i wondered? It turns out its rating on the store is about 70% off as well. 2 stars!! Like most games on psn it is overatted with an even lower metacritic score of 1.5. Ouch

11.1

Supposedly it has had some updates but not fixed everything. Looking on forums and such seems there are trophy glitches and the online is region locked. There are 3 trophies which no one has earned such as spelunk, cartographer and the platinum.

I’ve considered picking it up in the sale but according to psnprofiles only 460 people own the game (but those are just people who have trophies set to any one and not private accounts). That’s not really a good thing if the online is region locked especially as it’s suppose to be a MMO. I may pick it up any way though as a game that bad intrigues me.

KaneTheGoth 19 May, 2016 @ 16:52
11.2

I was tempted too but looking at the twitter page there has been no word from the devs on it at all this year, despite some trophies being glitched. Nobody has attained the platinum yet. From what I read, the first island seems nicely done, but the second is empty and glitchy. Coupling that with the lack of activity from the devs doesn’t paint a good picture.

However, the people playing it generally seem to like it. It’s cheap too.. so worth a gamble…perhaps.

I do find it hard to get behind a game that seems to be abandoned by it’s own devs though, so will steer clear of this.

Robinworldwide 18 May, 2016 @ 13:59

@matdub69 – I know right? I was just logging in here to express my disgust that they wasted an IGC slot on King’s Quest Episode 1 only to make it free a few weeks later anyway (like every episodic does eventually game basically). I’m glad I’m not the only one who picked up on this.

Has tony hawk apologised for 5 yet?

Still waiting for a Drakengard 3 sister DLC sale, been waiting 2 years for it now and it’s the only thing left I want to buy to the PS3.

14.1

I could be wrong but I have never seen Nier dlc on sale and as its from the same devs that’s possibly why. I was given the US Drakengard 3 disc version as a present and I’ve never seen the dlc for it on sale on their blog. Now that I’ve pointed that out bet it turns up for sale on US store.

GrumpyMcGrump 18 May, 2016 @ 14:50

nothing for me this time. wouldve hoped for a discount on the sly trilogy or jak trilogy

Beautiful! Nice discounts on great games. Picking up Witcher 3 + Expansion pass. Played it on PC last summer but since I sold my PC I’ve been yearning to return to the world of Geralt!

Carnivius_Prime 18 May, 2016 @ 15:00

Hm. I might get inFamous Second Son again. I used to have it on disc when I first got my PS4 but sold it after finishing as a hero and needing money for other games. I prefer digital anyways so £7.99 seems like a good price to replay the game through as a bad guy. :) I already bought the DLC stuffs so don’t need Legendary edition. :D

Oh look, Broforce is on sale… … … … Oh, speaking of it, did they already fixed the framerate?

Outlast’s price is great!!! :D No excuse not to get it now!

Why is Mortal Combat Arcade Collection are not avalable in Russian store while Rus Xbox Live got it, i’m just curious.

Has anyone played Hand of Fate? Looks interesting and is only 5€.

21.1

For only 5€ and if u like hack n slash rpg and card games perfect buy!I paid 10€ and its worth it.

Stonesthrow 18 May, 2016 @ 22:49

Welp, I feel like a total sucker for it but I’m going to get the GTA trilogy, again.. Still got the originals and repurchased them on ps3 but never got around to starting them. Want those trophies so I guess I’ll get them again, if any series is worth getting three times on all different generations, it’s GTA. The Trilogy deal pretty much convinced me, since it seems like I’m getting three for the price of two in its current pricing. Wouldn’t have gotten them at their seperate sales prices. Probably would’ve gotten Bully a third time too if it were a little cheaper.

Stonesthrow 18 May, 2016 @ 23:04

Has the EU GTA:SA been patched to support 60hz/30fps yet? Read the others have but not sure about this one and it’s my fav of the three.

23.1

The 2 other ones are. I did not play SA on PS4 yet (I did not play the other 2 either), but SA did not get a patch which says it is 60hz/30fps now. The other did get those patches some weeks ago.

Let’s hope SA will get the patch as well (my favorite is GTA 3 btw :)).

Can I ask why The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass is £45 but separately they are £20 each?.

Romero_Carpenter 19 May, 2016 @ 06:43

Star Wars Mega Bundle for PS3 was removed during may 4th sale I’m assuming because half the titles that are supposed to be in the bundle aren’t even on PS3. Now it’s back at full price and the same games in the bundle are still misiing?
Or is this bundle just for people who own both PS3 & PS4.

StevenJamesHyde 19 May, 2016 @ 08:21

FYI all there seems to be a few Vita JRPG price drops that aren’t advertised here – Persona 4 Golden and Dragon’s Crown for £6.99 apiece among them. P4G is unmissable for that price

Will there be discount for Ninja gaiden sigma 2 psvita edition ?

Futureshark 19 May, 2016 @ 12:45

Always have an eye on The Evil Within when it comes on sale. Is the PS4 version worth a pick up?
I know it’s had a few changes since launch so is it a better game now?

Ace-Two-Max 19 May, 2016 @ 15:24

Can someone explain to me why anyone would want to spend £5 more for the Witcher Wild hunt + Expansion Pass?

The base game is on sale at £20 and the Expansion Pass is on the store for £20, saving you a grand total of a £5, that’s Fish and bloody chips lads!

Or Two pints ( + more maybe)

Do it! I’ll let you treat me to one of those two pints, and then we can celebrate together! :-D

Re Kings Quest, it was obvious from a consumers view that the first episode would end up being free, so whoever put it on the PS+ free ‘game’ list must have been blatantly aware it would happen too. Poor form and disappointing, both from PS+ management and the developer.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history