Crystal and Steel Black Dualshock 4 wireless controllers launch in July

Along with the return of Gold and Silver

We are very happy to announce that the Crystal and Steel Black Dualshock 4 wireless controllers will be coming to the PAL region* this summer.

Crystal, Steel Black, Gold and Silver editions will all be available from 11th July, as part of a limited edition Crystal & Metallic range.

Let us know what you think about our two stylish new arrivals and be sure to check out your local retailer over the coming weeks for further details on how to pick one up.

*Availability will vary by country – please check with your local retailer.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

43 Comments
0 Author replies

I like the half crystal/half black like in the bottom pic. U should sell em like that.

1.1

Totally agree, would make for a great combo.

AlbertPerK21 07 June, 2016 @ 13:10

Need! Please tell me these are coming to the United States as well?!

rayna-monique 07 June, 2016 @ 17:30
2.1

I already thought they was in the US

TimeSkipLuffy 07 June, 2016 @ 13:13

I would love to see game themed controllers like the Mirror’s Edge one. Not the Uncharted 4. It should be more than a color change. Just look at how MS is doing it with their Titan Fall or Call of Duty controller.

Stonesthrow 08 June, 2016 @ 07:16
3.1

Would be nice. Their customizable elite controllers seem like a great idea too. Really started hating the facebuttons on the DS4 as they don’t seem to comply a third of the time and I usually feel like I have to press them harder than I’d like. Never was a fan of triggers either, adds too much travel distance..
I’d love a Dualshock 2 with the ‘internal quality’ of the current joysticks (they don’t wear down as fast from pushing and moving but other than that I personally loved every other aspect of the old ones better) :)

TimeSkipLuffy 07 June, 2016 @ 13:13

That said Titan steel looks awesome.

Nice…but announced way too late I already bought 4 controllers for my PS4 each with different colour buying another would be pointless for me :/ really want the Crystal oh well

5.1

Or you could sell one on Ebay and then go get a crystal controller.

5.2

Or you could just sell one on Ebay and go get a crystal controller.

Didn’t they announce these TGS 2015??

BIG Question ! Will these have a better battery life ????????????

rayna-monique 07 June, 2016 @ 17:27
7.1

Mine has I got my mime from japan and i get longer life out of it

atchoum *right for the PS4 “4k”* atchoum

sorry, maybe some hay fever

Is that the steel black one that was bundled with the Arkham Knight PS4? Or a different one?

9.1

More likely as those which were bundled with MGS 5 console editions.

lightningstef 07 June, 2016 @ 13:51

I imported a Crystal Controller from Japan, it’s great! I’m glad they’ve decided to bring them out properly in the EU finally!

Translucent controllers never look good so I don’t think much to the crystal design. The steel black is very nice though.

11.1

That’s simply your subjective view. My subjective view is they can look great. I wish there was a crystal Ps4. I love being able to see the internals.

jamie-sixtyfour 07 June, 2016 @ 14:07

More choice is fantastic. When it comes to controllers, for me though, it has to be whatever colour my system is. All my controllers are black :)

Stonesthrow 08 June, 2016 @ 07:22
12.1

Same.

Got crystal white from Japan in November! Very nice ds4

Sony can we get a Crystal Ps4 Neo pretty please ! ?

Still waiting for my pink one.

rayna-monique 07 June, 2016 @ 17:26

I have the crystal one I ordered it from japan and yes I get longer battery life and they are more awesome then what they look

I’d much rather have a wider range of glossy faceplate colours and designs. Personally I want a deep purple one.

rayna-monique 07 June, 2016 @ 18:16
17.1

I want a green one :)

didsburydan 07 June, 2016 @ 18:18

damn the crystal one i bought on a recent trip to japan ain’t looking so special now :(

rayna-monique 07 June, 2016 @ 18:24
18.1

I feel ya

Hey there, does anyone know whether the light bar glows through the Crystal DualShock 4 or not?

rayna-monique 07 June, 2016 @ 19:06
19.1

Not really

19.2

I’m just assuming it’s just an easy sheet of shiny refractor – so the weak light doesn’t go anywhere.

Stonesthrow 08 June, 2016 @ 07:21
19.3

I’m assuming the light is mostly on the upper side like normal but good question, really.

Would have loved the crystal one but then I saw the price on amazon. Not paying 70€ for a controller

I think the Steel Black looks pretty impressive, wanted to ask though: Is the Steel Black the same as the Batman Limited Edition Controller that came with the console?

Enticinggg. I may get the crystal just to see the rumble, like the good old days.

Stonesthrow 08 June, 2016 @ 07:19

Steel black is nice but since it isn’t the same color as my ps4 I doubt I’ll ever pick it up.

fanofeverything 08 June, 2016 @ 13:29

Ahh Good I Need A New Controller. I always Wanted The Gold Ps4 Controller I Will Definitely Pick This Up In July .=)

The transparent one seems really appealing. But… how long before dust/dirt starts to show around openings…

I’ve had steel black since November since i was in tokyo the day it releases. It’s really the best colour

leadingcrew 09 June, 2016 @ 09:09

Do we need to make a choise? I like all of them. I want one of each!

Graendithas 09 June, 2016 @ 11:55

I’d love to see a controller like crystal, but in a “smoke black”-color.

that steel black….hmm might have to purchase that one right there.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history