Posted

PlayStation Store ‘Big in Japan’ discounts start today

Save on Dark Souls III, Street Fighter V, Metal Gear Solid V, Gravity Rush, more

Protect what remains and restore hope in this week’s PlayStation Store Deal of the Week, Tom Clancy’s The Division.

Fight your way through a breathtaking urban jungle on PS4. You can download the Standard Edition, or The Division Gold Edition which contains the full game, season pass and an exclusive National Guard Gear Set*. Head to our Deal of the Week page for more!

*Gold Edition not available in South Africa or Turkey

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Big In Japan (until 13/07/16)

This week PlayStation Store is celebrating games that originate, or are inspired by, Japan or Japanese culture, with our massive Big In Japan promotion!

We have over 300 amazing titles available on offer across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, with up to 60% off!

Don’t miss out on great titles such as Dark Souls III, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, and many many more*. Just head to PlayStation Store today to save, download and play!

*Some titles within the promotion may not be available in all regions

Digital Discounts (until 13/07/16)

Not only do we have our DOTW and Big In Japan promotions up on PlayStation Store, we’ve also updated our Digital Discounts range. You can visit the Digital Discounts page on PS Store for regional pricing, but here’s a full list of the incoming deals:

108 Comments
0 Author replies
RodrigoSharingan 29 June, 2016 @ 11:13

i’m crying, thank god for this sale
Its been so long since we had a good one.

Sony – “my wallet hates you”.

ste_the_legend 29 June, 2016 @ 11:14

Big In Japan is always my favourite sale of the year :)

SatoshiOokami 30 June, 2016 @ 08:35
2.1

Because it’s the BEST sale of the year =D

So I guess we don’t the same 90% sale (80 for non ps plus) that the US got. That’s a bit crap.

I guess I’ll log on and check out this though, but I wish you still listed prices here. It’s even more disappointing when you have to gk searching for the games yourself and find the only games win a good discount are ones that we already free, or are 5 years old.

3.1

Great sale = crap, okay

Just go to psprices.com and select your region, that site lists all the prices.

3.3

Psprices…. thanks! I forgot the name of the damn place

Also, I never said the sale was crap, I said it was a bit crap that america is getting a multi-week upto 90% off sale, where as we get a max discount of 60%

I’m sure there’s plenty of good in the sale, but with ps+ being evened out across regions, it would be nice to get similar sales too

Show more replies
zalwelgoedgaan 29 June, 2016 @ 11:25

Already got everything that I want, but a nice sale nonetheless.

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 June, 2016 @ 11:28

Bit disappointing for me to be honest. No Growlanser Wayfarer of time, Z.H.P, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, Corpse Party or Half-Minute hero. The prices for a lot of the Vita games are just the same as we’ve had before & there’s a big lack PSP/PSone games.

Not as good as previous years. Thanks for trying atleast

All of those have been on sale before (except maybe ZHP) and Half Minute Hero was in a bundle RPG Magnificent Seven (7 games for around £10 a year or so ago (probably last Big in Japan sale and I know because I bought it then.

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 June, 2016 @ 13:40
5.2

So what? 90% of the games here have already been on sale. Besides, Half minute hero hasn’t been on sale in over a year and 8 months. Corpse Party hasn’t been on sale in over a year and I’m not even sure if Growlanser & Z.H.P have ever even had a discount.

Well then, why didn’t you pick them up when they were on sale? Ragnarok Odyssey Ace has been on sale numerous times for around £9-£11. Growslaner has been on sale before as has Corpse Party (and Corpse Party was very cheap like £3 or so)

I’ve never seen Trillion God of Destruction on sale nor Ray Gigant and Disgaea 3 & Monster Monpiece currently have the lowest price ever in a sale.

The point being you either purchase an item at normal price or wait until it’s on sale. If the sale price isn’t good enough then continue waiting or purchase it if you really want to play it.

People seem to forget that there was a huge sale on loads of old PSP JRPG’s and SRPG’s on sale for £3 (£2.99 and up to a fiver) awhile ago (I bought copius amount of games then) and people complained the items on sale didn’t have trophies and were old games.

Show more replies
ste_the_legend 29 June, 2016 @ 11:28

The biggest omission is that there is no sale on Yakuza 5 which is a real shame as it fits the description of the sale perfectly! £32.99 is just too much for a PS3 game these days, especially for a digital only title.

Finka_Karfein 29 June, 2016 @ 11:56
6.1

While I agree with this sale being incomplete without Yakuza series there, I highly recommend buying it at full price to encourage SEGA to bring more Yakuza games to the western market. Remember, we vote with our wallets. That’s why I only buy Yakuza series, Zero Escape series and some others at full price the first day.

Maybe if more people would buy Yakuza games on PSN, there would be a PS3 release of Yakuza 0 in English as well (I still wonder why it should stay Japan-only like Yakuza 1&2 HD Edition, Kenzan!, PSP Black Panther, Ishin and the rest).

Finka_Karfein 29 June, 2016 @ 12:05
6.2

Oh, and besides… the game’s totally worth it and if it cost twice as much I still wouldn’t mind paying the full price :)

ste_the_legend 29 June, 2016 @ 12:18
6.3

Yeah I love the Yakuza series. Y5 has been reduced before, I think it was £17.99 shortly after release but I couldn’t afford it at the time so I had to pass but I could afford it at the moment and have been waiting for the discount to be repeated.

Oh well, maybe the reason it’s been left out of the sale is so it can be one of the Plus free games this month ;)

Show more replies

So when does this go live? I’ve been waiting for some sort of discount on Dark Souls 3 and I want to play it now!! But when I log in on my Playstation 4 it’s still last weeks deals.

supersmith2500 29 June, 2016 @ 12:09
7.1

now

Carnivius_Prime 29 June, 2016 @ 11:35

Cool. I dreamt there was a sale on Street Fighter V and here it is! I think I may finally buy it. :D

Also – it’s a good time to buy because there are 2 dlc characters already released and the story mode and another character comes out on friday so – you get the “full game” for a discounted price ;)

Carnivius_Prime 29 June, 2016 @ 11:58
8.2

And so buy it I did. Got the Deluxe version that’s at £44.99 and cos I used a certain website’s voucher codes I got a £50 PSN voucher for £43.69 so that covers for Street Fighter V and gives me an extra £5.01 left in my PSN wallet. Oh how I have waited to properly own this game after being a Beta tester all those times. :D

8.3

I always found there decision to release without story mode strange. The price inevitability goes down and I get what is, from my point of view, a day one discount. Works for me.

Show more replies

Hah, Fred that beautiful man.
He teased this yesterday and now it’s here. I’ll plant a big manly kiss on him one day.

Can we please get a sale on Vita Tetris? Never had a price reduction in eu, but is now on it’s 3rd reduction in the US ($2.99). thanks.

supersmith2500 29 June, 2016 @ 11:49

No Hatsune Miku or even Fighting Climax? I guess SEGA doesn’t want my money then.

Also, I hate it when SIEE misses out one title in two franchise. No Final Fantasy VII, No Resident Evil 5? I hope I’m wrong.

11.1

FFVII not being discounted is most likely due to the PS4 release being too “new”.

11.2

Miku and Climax not being on sale is silly. Both be perfect. But guessing Sega don’t care that much about EU. Heck, we still don’t even have release date for Project Diva X here.

supersmith2500 29 June, 2016 @ 12:09
11.3

That’s SEGA for you.

graphicology 29 June, 2016 @ 11:51

Great Sale, but I really want Ni No Kuni for under £10 again I missed out last time

Not bad. FINALLY Dissidia 012 doesn’t get left out in a sale where the original Dissidia is discounted.

Not much in the sale for me otherwise, as I already own most of the titles worth getting anyway.

Pirate_Hirako 29 June, 2016 @ 11:56

I hoped to see castlevania harmony of despair dlc also on sale…but

14.1

It IS on sale – log on via the PC store to see the deals early, the consoles take a while to update.

Pirate_Hirako 29 June, 2016 @ 13:02
14.2

Dlc is not on sale

All these glorious games but no Corpse party? :(

No Final fantasy VII
NO FINAL FANTASY VII
LIke what the heel!

TheLordPegasus 29 June, 2016 @ 12:21

This one’s meh, which makes me very happy since I really didn’t want to add more games to my already overburdened library :)

Damm to Japan sales… i want DOOM!!!!!

18.1

If you can get a us account Doom is currently on sale for $42

Lt_Fed_Brusque 29 June, 2016 @ 12:33

Amazing sale! Dissidua Duo Decim is mine, I tells ya. MINE :D

Hello Sandeep,

I noticed that NOBUNAGA’S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence sale only applies to the PS4’s version of the game and not the PS3’s. Is this intended?

miky_magawolaz 29 June, 2016 @ 13:10

Fantastic sale, please keep doing these!

Persona dancing all night and steins gate! Sweet. I will also finally get peace walker HD. Its a shame that the psp metal gear solids arent on sale. They are both brilliant games from a time when you knew how to treat a handheld.

Wow and yay! My only complaint is that with a few exceptions I already own most of these games. Between picking up some items here – this is going to be a very busy summer with multiple game releases. Wish Reel Fishing Master’s challenge was on sale.. in the future perhaps.

Can anyone tell me if metal gear special missions side load onto vita from ps3?

Might have to take out that second mortgage to get a 64gb card.

25.1

Well the cards aren’t that expensive my 64gb card was around £56 and that was with postage from Nippon-Yasan (Japan). Vita memory cards are expensive as a whole but the 64gb compared to 32gb was worth it as the 32gb is ridiculously expensive (the cost of 2 32gb cards vs 1 64gb).

Oh it’s really impressive discounts right here, but there is a missing many titles like TEKKEN 3, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 3, whole Dead Or Alive( except DOA5) etc. anyway. If say honest PSN is quite a mess place.

Since u put Senran kagura bon appetit on sale again, here’s my request :

– put Gessen X Hebijo DLC and Soundtrack on sale too … its half of the game and it has NEVER been discounted.

I’m guessing that the european versions of the PS2/PS4 games haven’t been updated to 60hz, right?

arcvariant25 29 June, 2016 @ 17:46
28.1

I would like to know this as well as I’m looking to get Dark Cloud

Ouch, I just bought some of these games physicaly between 20-30€ each. Well, I guess I at least have them on my shelf and as Japanese games, they will always hold at least some value :P Most of these discounts are really great, but two thing that I want the most are not (and probably will not be) discounted. Those are DLCs for Drakengard 3 and Muramasa Rebirth. Muramasa ones are not so badly priced and I’ve heard that they have a lot of content. However those DLCs are the thing keeping me away from getting Drakengard3. It’s bad enough, that because of them I can not get boxed version (because America seems to be the superior market and Sega just forgets the Europe exists) and even without the current discount they are more expansive than the game itself.
Please, just consider discounting those in the future sale :) Anyway, keep up sales as good as this one comming!

plisken1979 29 June, 2016 @ 14:54

as always people are gonna complain at the sales, but people should realise like any company that gives em out they don’t actually have to. the sale itself like all PSN sales has a decent amount of titles I was after, so i’m probably one of the few around that actually appreciates the fortnightly sale. thanks again Sony, looking forward to the next one in a fortnights time.

ZombieMeat666 29 June, 2016 @ 15:03
30.1

What are you talking about? Nobody is complaining….. Only person complaining is you.

TheRawrWata 29 June, 2016 @ 15:32

It says Dragon’s Crown is on sale but it’s not even on the PSN store.

What gives? I’ve been wanting to get the PS3 version for months now.

Stonesthrow 29 June, 2016 @ 15:50

I don’t see what’s so great about this sale? Besides the fact that Japanese development isn’t what it used to be and it’s mostly ps3 and vita (obsolete) content again, there isn’t much there. The ps2 classics are more appealing but that’s pretty much it for me.

Dragon’s Crown has gone missing from the store

There’s so many games in this sale but still nothing that temps me to spend any money lol, not a fan of most Japanese style games tho so that rules out much of it. Apart from my personal tastes the sale looks better than most.

xII_RaiKo_llx 29 June, 2016 @ 17:21

Where is Dragon’s Crown? The game is no longer on the store!

MisterGottlos 29 June, 2016 @ 18:44
35.1

This most likely is caused by the end of the partnership between Atlus and NISA Europe. Since we know Atlus/Sega are strict, many other Games of this Partnership will most likely get pulled off from the Store because there simply isn’t a Publisher for them in Europe anymore. It’s only a guess, but not that unrealistic seeing what happened to Persona 4 Arena in the past in Europe.

35.2

And yet, everyone is pushing this “digital only” future. It is getting kinda scary. Some games may just one day disappear forever because of publishers dispute or other stupid things …

Light_of_heart 29 June, 2016 @ 17:36

I report that Life is strange (The bundle with all episodes) is missing too.

arcvariant25 29 June, 2016 @ 17:43

Amazing selection but I want to know why there are hardly any games that has a further reduction in price for PS Plus members like the US does with their current mid year sale. Isn’t this supposed to be a benefit of having a membership?

Anyone who will help to sort out this huge list for top 5 (10?) must-have Japanese titles, will deserve a thousand likes!

Could you please tell me why there is no discount for SteinsGate for Vita in Russian store? I can see it for £9.49 in the UK store (for PS3 version and for Vita version), but in Russian store only a version for PS3 is included in this sale.

39.1

Vita version is now included in the sale. Thank you!

When will the Arkham Knight or AC: Syndicate season pass be cheaper? The full game price nearly equal as the season pass price (B:AK). Can’t wait to 100% the whole game. I have the platinum almost a half year ago.

Trails in the Sky has gone missing as well D:

41.1

Definitely a region thing. It’s still here for Oceania.

41.2

It’s the same in Belgium. I did buy it before, so I still have it, but I am very uneasy about some of the other games. I am not sure if it is a good idea to buy digital anymore if they can remove the games without any warning at all.

CluckNuggets 29 June, 2016 @ 22:34

I almost pre-ordered Star Ocean but I found out it’s coming out on PC soon. The Steam sale is pretty good right now. Then on Friday the Humble Monthly Bundle unlocks, I guarantee the best game will be the second of two PS4 games given away on Playstation+

No Arcade Archives discount? Meh.

DoYouLikeMyID 29 June, 2016 @ 23:18

Awesome sale! I always love the Big in Japan sale! :D

I already own most of the games I’m interested in, but there are still a couple of games I think I’ll have to pick up.

First of all, I’ll probably have to pick up Persona 4: Dancing All Night at that price, even though I still haven’t played P4G yet :P

I may also have to get Tales of Xillia 2 while I’m at it. Though I still haven’t played the first one (I have a HUGE backlog, okay?)

I know Digimon All-Star Rumble hasn’t exactly gotten the greatest reviews, but at that price, I think I may have to jump in anyway. I have many fond memories of Digimon Rumble Arena 1 & 2, and at this price, I doubt I’ll be disappointed :)

Finally, I am also considering getting Rogue Legacy, but I think I’ll have to look up some gameplay, before I make up my mind.

Again, great sale! Here’s hoping the Big in Japan sale will always come back at least once a year :D

ManikwithaNine 29 June, 2016 @ 23:19

How am I supposed to spot what I might like in this list. It’s not even organised properly.

Why is this only in EU? No love for Canada? :(
I want those Vita games!

Okay you just earned yourself a sale with MGSV. Congrats.

GIGGITY_GOO__ 30 June, 2016 @ 05:26

rare i download digital i like physical copys but trillion gods of destruction £6.49p bargain!. ive download it. it’s £35 on physical :D

Thanks for this great sale but it would have been better if you just included JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle :(

+1 – dragon’s crown has disappeared!

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.