Posted

Uncharted 4’s Lost Treasures multiplayer DLC and Patch 1.08 out today

Naughty Dog unleashes a wealth of new features this week

Naughty Dog has been floored by your reception to Uncharted 4 multiplayer since it was released on 10th May. Since then, we’ve seen over 1.8 million people play nearing a total of almost 54 years of matches.

Multiplayer continues to be important to the team and we’re continuing to work on patch deployments to address major issues and deliver significant gameplay tuning. Our first major post-launch update, patch 1.08, includes our first MP DLC drop, a Level system AND an entirely new Rank system with exclusive rewards. Yes, this is a big update (patch 1.08 is just over 1.3GB in size)

Lost Treasures

Lost Treasures is our first post-launch content drop, and includes our first free map release, new gameplay items and amazing-looking character skins.

Sunken Ruins map

As promised, all DLC Maps will be free in U4 MP, and our first free map is Sunken Ruins. You may recognise some areas from the single-player campaign, but the Sunken Ruins map is a small, fast-paced map with tight fronts and some hidden water flank routes.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Gameplay items

You can now purchase DLC Gameplay Chests with Relics. These unique Chests will grant you all the new gameplay DLC items, including the new P90 Long Gun or the incredibly exciting Path of Indra Mystical that allows you to teleport your teammates. You will never get duplicates of any item you have already unlocked through our DLC Gameplay Chests.

The full list of new gameplay items is:

Weapons:

• P90 – A full auto submachine gun with a very large magazine
  • Arrowhead A3c – A full auto long range variable rifle (choose to scope in or not)
  • Enforcer G26 – Semi-auto very fast rate of fire pistol
  • Agarwal .40 – Semi-auto hard-hitting 40-caliber pistol
  • Harbinger Sniper – A Heavy Weapon sniper gun

Boosters:

• Enhanced Radar – increases the range of radar and show directional arrows for enemies
  • Gunslinger – swap weapons faster and reload faster while rolling
  • Hardened – reduced damage wobble
  • Gifting – give allies a full gear recharge

Mystical:

• Path of Indra – teleport to any ally

Vanity Items

In addition to new gameplay items, we have also introduced a wide variety of Vanity items for all our beloved characters.

• Over 50 new Skins and Pre-Sets
  • Over 70 new Hat and Face Wear items
  • An assortment of new Taunts and Weapon Skins

Some of the new items (there is a new skin for each character for example) present certain characters in in some fantastic Pirate and Military themes – who doesn’t want to play as Pirate Sullivan or Military Lazarevic? Our Character team put in a ton of time and love working on all these new Skins and it shows.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Patch 1.08

Level System

One of the most significant pieces of feedback we’ve received was that Uncharted 4 Multiplayer did not release with a Level System. We’re glad to say that we are addressing this in 1.08, which introduces a system that many of you will be familiar with.

Our Level System features 70 levels, with each level awarding you with items ranging from Relics to Chests. Every five levels you will earn an exclusive vanity item that cannot be attained through any other method. They are unique and a great way to show off your veteran status. They are quite mystical, actually…

You will level up by earning XP which comes from three sources: completing matches, earning score, and earning medals. We have also introduced a wide variety of new medals into Team Deathmatch and Ranked Team Deathmatch.

Ranked Team Deathmatch

The multiplayer team at Naughty Dog is extremely competitive and this is a big reason we did a FULL revamp for Ranked Team Deathmatch Mode, which is also included in 1.08.

Ranked Team Deathmatch will now be occurring over the course of Seasons. Season One will last 60 days, ending on 20th August 2016. When the Season is over, we’ll take a short break before the next Season starts to allow us time to make and implement any changes and updates.

As you reach Gold, Platinum or Diamond, you will be awarded with an exclusive vanity item. These vanity items will be exclusive to Ranked Team Deathmatch and the Season, so if you do not reach the needed Rank for a reward, you may never be able to get that reward again.

We have also made Rank a much easier system to understand in how points are awarded/taken, removed the restrictions for parties, and introduced a forfeit option. This patch will also introduce an entirely new goal for the highly competitive players among you – Master Rank.

I highly suggest you visit our Ranked Team Deathmatch details page on Unchartedthegame.com for some more insight into how this mode works – we think it’s awesome and everyone should be playing it!

Triple Pack update

For those of you who purchased the Triple Pack, Multiplayer Pack 1 of the Triple Pack is available today. Your items can be found unlocked in the customisation and loadout menus.

The Triple Pack contains:

• P90 Long Gun
  • Gifting Booster
  • Pirate Drake Skin
  • Pirate Commodore Hat
  • The Rubber Leg Taunt

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Explorer Pack

In keeping with the multiplayer DLC philosophy that we set out ahead of launch, all DLC will be available for free. We will continue to hand-pick content to be included in the Triple Pack for those that have already purchased it or those who continue to purchase the Digital Deluxe version. However, starting today we’ll be replacing the Triple Pack with the Explorer Pack – which provides players with even greater choice on which items they prefer to own. The Explorer Pack will include:

• The much anticipated single player DLC
  • 3,200 Uncharted Points

Improvements

In addition to all the above updates, we have made a number of more minor improvements that work together to make Uncharted 4 multiplayer even better. Check out the full details for 1.08 on our Patch Notes pages.

• The ability for a player to accumulate an offline Relic bonus; log back in and play games to pull Relics from your offline bonus
  • Leaderboards have been fixed
  • The Brute Sidekick can no longer detect players behind them unless they are damaged
  • Spirit of the Djinn – Increase Duration mod will now grant you an additional 5 seconds for each KO you get while your Djinn is active
  • The Farmer Booster has been totally revamped so you can deal with Sidekicks more effectively
  • Damage wobble and blind-fire have had significant balance updates

Most of these improvements will have a deep impact in how Uncharted 4 multiplayer plays and we are looking forward to hearing your feedback. We will continue to make updates to deliver the best Uncharted multiplayer experience.

Don’t forgot to join us on our next Twitch broadcast later this week as we do a rundown of Ranked Team Deathmatch and answer your questions to any and all of the new content that was released as part of patch 1.08. We’ll be broadcasting on our Twitch channel at 7.30pm BST/8.30pm CET on Thursday 30th June.

See you online!

47 Comments
0 Author replies

I reckon I’l be on tonight.
Also, as I ordered the deluxe version I’ll have access to the P90.
That thing looks like a beast!
Which is good, as I need all the help I can get!

Please Give Us Classic UC2 Mode.

TINTINTB303 29 June, 2016 @ 14:54
2.1

^^THIS^^

I hate the ND’s answer to this is – “make a custom, private game. We’ve given you the options to tailor matches to your liking”…

So you basically need parties of 10 people and sort it out yourself. Cheers ND…..

*smh

plisken1979 29 June, 2016 @ 14:30

Nice to see all the additional content, but my main question here is are there any DLC trophies planned? I’m a trophy hunter as you can probably guess from my question, the current trophy list towards the platinum requires players to spend only a few hours online. I’ve loved the MP aspect of every uncharted title, but having trophies would be an even better excuse for me to play on that mode. So i’ll be keeping my fingers crossed you give us loads of DLC MP trophies, just like on UC3. peace.

TINTINTB303 29 June, 2016 @ 14:51
3.1

On stream last night, they said “they have no future plans for any more multiplayer trophies”.

3.2

Rare that a trophy hunter actually asking for MP trophies. We usually hate them.

Vizard-Ichigo-- 16 July, 2016 @ 04:03
3.3

I’m a trophy hunter too but tbh, I would rather they don’t and only add trophies to the single player dlc. I HATE MP TROPHIES

Carnivius_Prime 29 June, 2016 @ 14:42

Nice big update for my most played game. :)
Not sure how I feel about the return of the old ranking system. That thing used to abuse my OCD like crazy. :P

Bring back hi-fives and fist bumps for aesthetics purposes

Carnivius_Prime 29 June, 2016 @ 15:30
5.1

Yeah I do miss the hi-fives as a nice friendly gesture between team mates. :)

jarvissquirrel 29 June, 2016 @ 14:51

Will we be able to buy single player dlc without buying explorer pack as a standalone purchase.

Ok, but what happening with the story dlc?
Was expecting even something like a small trailer at e3 but nope

7.1

The story dlc is a long way off, it’s been said countless times in countless interviews.

RodrigoSharingan 29 June, 2016 @ 15:29

I like U4 multiplayer, but its still really weak in content compared to the other games.

Give me free-4-all mode, coop, arenas, etc… instead of all this costumes.

Carnivius_Prime 29 June, 2016 @ 16:01
8.1

Apparently co-op is coming later.

8.2

Apparently the multiplayer wasn’t finish when they had to release the game. They gave us a multiplayer that wasn’t finish is so obvious. I don’t care what anybody says I know this [DELETED] was incomplete when it came out. So many basic multiplayer features are missing in this game. Even with this update they’re still a bunch of stuff that should have been there from day one. They’re lucky people suck up to them so much nobody has said anything. Any other developers would be destroy by critics if they did this.

8.3

Should check the multiplayer road map.

Stonesthrow 29 June, 2016 @ 16:23

Show full comment

I have to admit this one didn’t have the same effect on me as U2 and U3… The campaign was gorgeous (although a little too slow in pacing and too focussed on stealth possibilities compared to previous entries imo) but I have yet to replay it and I didn’t even get into the multiplayer yet (by comparison I replayed U2 and U3 several times after my first finish and then continued with co op for a long time).. Although it’s still Uncharted at its core, it’s definitely a ‘Neil Druckmann Uncharted’ now as opposed to an ‘Amy Hennig Uncharted’.. Especially the slower pacing and lack of that ‘rollercoaster ride’ feeling made it more similar to the Last of Us than Uncharted for me at times.. Also didn’t particularly like the shooting as much this time around. Having the crosshair at head’s height for one.. I’ll probably get back into it later and then I might appreciate its differences better, but that was my first impression atleast, and haven’t picked it up since.. Amazing game in general, though, ofcourse :)

CoolRichy007UK 29 June, 2016 @ 16:23

Watch dogs 2 mafia 3 will shoot uncharted from number1 spot :) fact

GrumpyMcGrump 29 June, 2016 @ 16:27
10.1

said no one ever ;)

ryan-cantu_123 29 June, 2016 @ 18:20

When is it out

GrumpyMcGrump 29 June, 2016 @ 18:27
11.1

i think they said sometime in the next hour

ryan-cantu_123 29 June, 2016 @ 18:30

Thank’s

Robert Cogburn 29 June, 2016 @ 18:48

The patch is now live! Let us know what to think!

GrumpyMcGrump 29 June, 2016 @ 19:41
13.1

i really like all the changes and additions, great work! :)
one problem for me though. i own the triple pack dlc, but its not available ingame? the items cost me uncharted points instead of being free/unlocked :/

13.2

I have the same issue.

I own the Triple Pack, but none of the items are unlocked. :-(

13.3

Plzzzzzz fix the triple pack issues. And chests issues
I earned some chests but i can’t open them.
Btw great job on the new update,

Show more replies
alexcoolins 29 June, 2016 @ 19:53

I purchased the season pass but am unable to get the triple pack one… The pirate drake costume and p90 aren’t available to me in the customization/ loadout menus. Help?

I’ve just bought the Explorer pack but I’ve not received the included 3200 Uncharted points!

And new guns are overpowered u morons

Why does the update show 6.327gb on my ps4.

Robert Cogburn 29 June, 2016 @ 21:02

Triple Pack issue is being looked at right now. Keep an eye on our twitter page for updates.

Glad there are some of you enjoying the changes we’ve made. We put a lot of thought in the balance changes and tried our best to address a number of bugs in the game. The next patch will be even better!

For those not pleased, maybe we’ll get you next time!

Please the download is showing 6gb instead of 1.3. I need help. Happened to me on the last update. Don’t know if it needs fixing.

GrumpyMcGrump 29 June, 2016 @ 21:22
19.1

does it start at 0 or somewhere in the middle? and have you installed all previous updates? maybe you were missing some

Kinda bummed at the Triple pack. As maps are now free, I expected more free items for those who punched the Deluxe edition or season pass.

Also, 3,200 Uncharted points seems like a much better option than having items selected by someone else. I feel like Triple pack owners should have at least been gifted some points for free.

GrumpyMcGrump 29 June, 2016 @ 21:44
20.1

you can even buy more stuff with the 3200 points than you would get with the triple pack, and both cost the same :/

Co-op in… december 2016. Riiight.

Dragonstar1715 30 June, 2016 @ 00:38
21.1

December? Are you kidding me?

Co-op is stuff they should have had in the game from launch it was easily my favourite part of the older Uncharted games.

Guess I’m not playing the game again until December then.

BaileYSaunderS27 30 June, 2016 @ 00:25

I’m confused about the explorer/triple packs. I haven’t purchased either and can’t seem to find the explorer pack anywhere? Has it been released or do I need to purchase the triple pack for it? I’m not really sure what’s going on. Any help would be much appreciated.

22.1

Explorer pack is on the main PlayStation store £19.99
Whether it’s worth the price or not idk.

I really love these people.

cloudmirage 30 June, 2016 @ 07:27

Where is the coop? Back to the division until then smh

Can someone confirm for me that anything tht is included in the Triple Pack for multi player can also be unlocked through gameplay? Any help is much appreciated.

GrumpyMcGrump 03 July, 2016 @ 22:40
26.1

that is correct, yes

this is a beautifeual game i’ m play uncharted 2 3.. coooooooooooooool

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history