New on PlayStation Store this week: The Banner Saga 2, Furi, Hawken, more

Plus, Star Wars Battlefront Bespin DLC, Energy Hook, Atelier Sophie

Another week, another PlayStation Store update – and there’s plenty going on. Look out for handsome strategy RPG sequel The Banner Saga 2, a fresh DLC drop for Star Wars Battlefront, stylish boss rush action game Furi (PS Plus members can download today at no additional cost!), epic mech combat MMO Hawken, and a new entry in the long-running Atelier RPG series. Check out the full list of new releases below.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

• Doodle God Ultimate Collection (Not in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)
    7th July

• Carmageddon: Max Damage
    8th July

• Dex
    8th July

• Doodle Devil & Alien Shooter (Not in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)
    7th July

7th July

• Solitaire Collection 4 in 1 (Not in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)
    7th July

• Founders Bundle
  • 425 MC
  • 850 MC
  • 1870 MC
  • 4888 MC
  • 10200 MC

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in July

8 Author replies
Captain_Dusk 05 July, 2016 @ 13:08

Is that even a thing anymore? xD

Anyways, no Metal Slug Collection for the EU store like the US?

jamie-sixtyfour 05 July, 2016 @ 13:27

If it is, it really shouldn’t be. ;)

Equally contemptible is post hijacking, so… any word on why Yakuza 5 (PS3) is free at the moment for PS+ subscribers? #killjoy

deathnote2000 05 July, 2016 @ 13:28

I’m guessing it is, i mean it’s been on parity so far even with games like Okage. I’m guessing it’s just not listed here.

theeliminatr 06 July, 2016 @ 11:25

If we do get it, I really hope we don’t get the European version because I owned that one and it had huge borders around the screen and while its been years since I’ve played it, I don’t think it ran particularly well due to lack of 60hz. Both signs of bad optomising to PAL regions from the Mega Drive days.

Hi Fran! I have a problem with Paragorn. It says that I am not able to get it becuaseI already have it, but I don’t. I played the game on open beta but I can’t play now.

PsVitaCyrus 05 July, 2016 @ 13:13

Many people have that problem. Seen comments on PlayStation Support and Paragon forums. Basically if you downloaded Paragon before downloading the PS Plus Starter Pack, you can’t get it. This definitely shouldn’t be and everyone’s hoping it’ll be fixed.

Thanks for the info. Guess I’ll have to wait a bit more :)

I didn’t even play the open beta. I made the mistake of thinking that if I download the core game files early (yesterday) it would make it easier to get on the game quickly today. Guess forward planning isn’t something Sony have ever considered.

Show more replies
Alphaembryo 05 July, 2016 @ 13:08

Yakuza 5 is currently free for PS Plus subscribers… Is it replacing Fat Princess, or is it a mistake..?
Nevertheless, I just grabbed it for free…

You couldn’t just keep quiet……

deathnote2000 05 July, 2016 @ 13:29

ste_the_legend 05 July, 2016 @ 13:45

Several games sites have picked up on this story now. Seems like a last minute swap for Fat Princess for PS Plus, since that is still showing full price. I think I speak for pretty much everyone when I say that I’m very happy to have Yakuza 5 instead :D

Show more replies

Any reason as to why Gal Gun: Double Peace PS4 and Vita version were up to purchase last week, but a few hours later both were removed? Can’t even find them on the store anymore. Only PS4 version is to be found but there is no Purchase button.

Also, Koei Tecmo said we were getting Nights of Azure PS4 themes last friday but the Playstation team forgot to add them to the store. Will these be coming today then? Or this week at least?

deathnote2000 05 July, 2016 @ 13:29

Gal Gun 2 is not meant to be out until the 15th July. So it sounds like someone goofed.

Well. That explains some of it then. But doesn’t explain why you no longer can see the Vita version, or even Pre-Order the PS4 version.

That’s because you didn’t bought it, if you did it would appear on your transfer list.

Show more replies

Please look into Fat Princess and Prince of Persia: Revelations on the RU store: the former doesn’t have the price updated (unless it’s meant to be replaced last minute by Yakuza 5, that one works fine), and the latter is unavailable for purchase altogether (it’s only possible to add it to wishlist, has no picture).

The Aussie store has prince of persia for free but the fat lady hasn’t sung yet.

TowerFall Ascension still not showing as crossbuy:!/cid=EP2120-PCSB00918_00-TOWERFALLVITA000

Seems strange after getting confirmed on this very blog a few weeks back – :)

Fran said it will be ready at 6 of July.

I wouldn’t trust any Towerfall announcements. Sony are a complete shambles where Towerfall’s concerned. The Twitter has now just completely ignored the 3 polite enquiries I made.

It is working. There is another version that is free (for crossbuyers only i assume). Still no sign that the dlc is crossbuy. I hope it is because the PS4 version is cheaper.

Show more replies
Carnivius_Prime 05 July, 2016 @ 13:23

The Warriors upscale for PS4 was a very nice surprise. Nice to have that with a sharper res, some trophies and the Shareplay feature for some online 2 player. :)

Furi seems good though that first boss is a bit of a chore. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is quite fun and 2 player co op so I’m happy with the Plus freebies today too. :)

Hey Fran,

Atelier Sophie released last month, do you know why it is showing in this update? Has it been updated? Is it a different version?

Both the PS4 and Vita version came out early June.

It’s the same version. No difference at all. Not sure what is going on. They did the same with Nights of Azure. They posted it was out on the correct date, 2 weeks later they posted it was out again.

deathnote2000 05 July, 2016 @ 13:30

Most likely added more countries.

StevenJamesHyde 05 July, 2016 @ 13:38

Seems to be a thing that Koei Tecmo do quite often. Instead of doing pre-orders, they tend to put a bundle up which is available for the first two weeks after one of their games releases, then de-list it and add the ‘vanilla’ version of the game. As a result they get listed in the store update again

Show more replies

The Alienation Season pass does not the contain the OST. Just bought the DLC but the OST still shows as 4,99€ :(

Francesca Mead 06 July, 2016 @ 10:14

Having checked, the Season Pass does still have entitlement to the OST. I would suggest re-downloading and checking your purchases, and if you are still having trouble you should call support.

yeah i contacted the support today that told me to restore the licences (which didn’t work), or contact the Publisher (which is Sony). therefore i sent them a screenshot and my case number :). i hope that this error will soon be solved :).

I would like to hear an official comment about Paragon Starter Pack not available for people who download it before, for open weekends. Will it be fixed, or we have to wait till August to play it? Because game asking me to buy pack in order to accsess game, after load the actual game.

Captain_Dusk 05 July, 2016 @ 15:51

If you already played it, surely the last thing you would want to do is play it again xD

Get Smite, an actual MOBA with a bit of polish and direction ;)

ploppydoodledo 05 July, 2016 @ 13:34

Are all the prices correct for Banner Saga? Call me Little Miss Cheapskate but it’s more expensive to buy the bundle than the two games separately!

And what happened to the 25% discount mentioned in the blog last week?

“Arnie: Yes you can of course, but if you are interested in playing from the start of the story, we’d suggest you play it in order, so from Banner Saga 1. We are offering all PlayStation owners a 25% discount on the first game at launch of Banner Saga 2 and there’s also a bundle offer for both games, so now’s the time if you are interested!”

I see a 30% discount for the bundle and just 10% for number 2 alone. That bundle price is pretty good. If we have the 30% off in australia I am sure it just a glitch for you poms.

Francesca Mead 05 July, 2016 @ 14:52

The current discounts are the only discounts available for The Banner Saga 1 & 2.

ploppydoodledo 05 July, 2016 @ 16:47

Thanks for replying

Show more replies

Any news on when Psychonauts is coming to the EU store? It’s been out in US a while now and I thought it was coming to both.

It’s waiting for the PEGI rating still. You can keep watch on the PEGI Twitter to see when it gets rated – release should be soon afterwards :)

adam-flynn-92 06 July, 2016 @ 11:15

But PEGI have already rated Psychonauts as 12 and put its release date at 2015-12-31
No idea whats holding it up

A fix for the Paragon access pack would be appreciated. Basically because I thought ahead and downloaded the core game files early so I wouldn’t have to wait today, I’m now being penalised by not being able to get the early access pack.

Nice work there Sony!

Many people say that it doesn’t matter which U’ll download first, starter pack is not working anyway…

Furi turned out to be a great game for Plus. Just beat the first two bosses, it’s a lot of fun.
Here’s a tip for those who hate the controls in the sections between the boss battles – just tap ‘X’ once and your character auto walks to the next boss so you can relax and enjoy the music until the next hectic fight!

no Paragon for South Africa is just rubbish… wth Epic…

Does anyone know if The Banner Saga 1 is crossbuy when it comes to Vita?

Stonesthrow 05 July, 2016 @ 14:13

The Warriors? Hells yes, definitely picking that up again when there’s a discount on it. Now I feel like watching the awesome flick again..

Carnivius_Prime 05 July, 2016 @ 14:44

I couldn’t wait for discount. Just the thought of playing it again in 2 player with my buddy online was worth the £11.99 alone (we used to play the PS2 version locally about a decade ago but we live in different countries now and Shareplay works fine) :D And yes I think I’ll watch the film again later too. :D

Is anyone having problems with furi it tells me to press and hold R1 for a charged shot and nothing happens!? Baffled

Carnivius_Prime 05 July, 2016 @ 15:33

I only played for 5 mins earlier and will play again later but I thought R2 was charge but i could be wrong. :P

That’s exactly my point it’s not charging at all! Oh well!!

I’m having the same problem. R2 does nothing. I tried troubleshooting the button in other games, and it works fine there. Bummed, can’t get past the tutorial.

Show more replies

Where the metal slug anthology?

kickwhamstunner 05 July, 2016 @ 15:38

Yes, where is it? Better not be US only.

Captain_Dusk 05 July, 2016 @ 15:52

Why not just buy it on your US account and play it on your EU one?

That’s a good way to say it, not only you will get better prices -well, not now, the gbp is really low- but you also have a great catallogue…

It’s a shame we could not do the same on vita… and, of course, we the non-english people prefer to play on our mother tongue, and that’s not allways possible when you buy on the states…

But for ps3 and ps4, a U.S. account it’s a must…

I think games are in a serious slump right now. I’m going to buy a battery powered wood sander instead…..

Ive a few doors you can sand-down .That way more gaming ,win,win.

Great update guys, BUT Fat Princess isn’t free on PS Plus (neither on my console nor the Store from my browser) :(
I was looking forward to play it asap :S Will you guys update it?

I was actually really excited to Play Paragon, and get the started pack…. but not available in South Africa!!???!!
Its clearly marked as a “extra for PS+ Subscribers” so pretty messed up that anyone is excluded from this.

Is there at least a plan to get it for South Africa?
When it is available, will we still be able to get it for free?

Pedegie1889 05 July, 2016 @ 16:26

anyone any idea when dlc bespin is released on ps store? its says 5th july and it still says unavailable?

Well, Yakuza 5 out of plus, and Fat Princess in.

It seems a little funny for me how quick this mistakes are amended, but some others should be reminded week after week…

anyway, thanks for the yakuza!

A la salud del becario! *

*(let’s toast for the intern!)

tonyevans1989 05 July, 2016 @ 17:32

Is there any reason to why when I’m trying to download the Paragon Starter pack it’s saying I’m not eligible to download even though I’m a UK PS Plus subscriber?

JohanLiebert88 05 July, 2016 @ 18:25

Jesus Christ! WHERE THE HELL IS PSYCHONAUTS for PS4? It’s not funny anymore…

I bought the Alienation season pass today. First the OST was not free to download (it’s included in the season pass) and now the store tells me that i didn’t buy the season pass. What’s going on? Could you please look into that issue?

I got the same issues. It’s also missing of of the packs.

The Prince of Persia: Revelations isn’t available to download in the Portuguese Store ;(

rafaelmendes23 05 July, 2016 @ 22:44

Yeah, same here. Please fix it.

Francesca Mead 06 July, 2016 @ 09:50

Thank you – this is being looked into right now.

Still no KOF2000. And surprise suprise no Metal slug collection either

I would dive into Carmageddon but £30 is a bit pricey! Will wait for the inevitable sale.

Another week, another non-update.

CitizanPain 06 July, 2016 @ 08:32

Any news on how much Romance of The Three Kingdoms will be in the UK?

Rooigevaar101 06 July, 2016 @ 09:36

Does someone have an idea why paragon starter pack won’t be available in South Africa?

Where has Trails in the Sky gone from the store? I was hoping it’d be apart of the Big in Japan sale but right now it’s just plain not on the store? Not great for all the people playing through/interested in Trails in Cold Steel that want to play that too.

Yeah, i could only find the second game…

So, Doodle God Ultimate Collection is out, but… it’s free on PS3? What’s happening? The separate games are definitely priced. Is this a mistake or what? The description says there are “optional in-game purchases”. Is this F2P junk?

Hello, I got a little problem with hawken: after joining a (psn voice chat) party, I can’t play Hawken (can’t choose the play option in the game menu). As soon as I leave the party I can choose the option again. The friend in the party did not play the game, so that may be an issue. Hopefully you can pass this to the devs so they can fix it, I enjoyed the game so far.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history