Posted

New No Man’s Sky video showcases combat gameplay

The second in a series of four trailers detailing what you’ll be doing in the PS4 sci-fi epic

UPDATE:

It’s time for the second in our ongoing video series showcasing the different aspects of No Man’s Sky’s gameplay. The first video showed off exploration, and this one focuses on combat. Take a look:

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi everyone! So we’re starting the countdown to the impending August launch of No Man’s Sky, and with just a few short weeks to go until you can get your hands on the game we wanted to tackle one of the questions we’ve seen crop up a few times: What do you do in No Man’s Sky?

As Sean Murray from developer Hello Games has discussed before, there are four key pillars to the game: explore, trade, fight and survive. Some of you may have seen Sean’s video with Anthony Carboni in which he talks through the game in great detail, but for those of you that haven’t, we’ve pulled together a series of short videos that highlight each of these key pillars.

Without further ado, we’d like to introduce you to the ‘Explore’ video. Keep an eye out over the coming weeks as we’ll be dropping new videos showing the highlights of what each pillar means to the player in No Man’s Sky.

With over 18 quintillion planets to be explored across billions of miles of space, there’s plenty to be seen in No Man’s Sky. As the discoverer of flora, fauna, and even planets, you’ll be able to name your discoveries and claim them to be discovered by fellow space pioneers.

Let us know what you think in the comments below.

For more on No Man’s Sky, head over to the official game page on playstation.com.

24 Comments
0 Author replies

I am getting more and more hyped about the game. I want it NOW!

I really can’t wait anymore. I have too much life at the moment, I need to lock myself indoors.

TIMETRAVEL1966 14 July, 2016 @ 16:39

Please make with and without psvr, make it so

Ladies and gentlemen we are ‘finally’ floating in space… Not that I’ve minded the wait, its aloud us all to enjoy the summer festivals and euro football. Augusts actually a better launch window for a game of NMS’s scope, we need those longer winter nights.

SpeedRaver263 14 July, 2016 @ 18:43

Please add co-op at least! A space fleet made of 3-4 players would be amazing

I bet they are going to add that in later in some kind of DLC. If the game is succesfull that is.
We have seen so much of this game now tho, makes me wonder what surprises are left to unveil.

Preordered limited edition + faceplate separately. I hope the game won’t be a disappointment. It’s good to see some more footage from the game as I wasn’t sure if my money was wisely spent and recently there was a drought for more ingame footage. Like the idea of that big ship with spinning ring (wheel). Remembered me of Odyssey 2001 and I think I am getting the vibe of the game now. I like the way they’re building anticipation and interest for the game – Rutger Hauer in one of their trailers with Blade Runner’s “Tears in rain” like soliloquy. I can’t wait to see next one. I can’t wait to actually “EXPLORE” the game…

Glitchezzzz15 15 July, 2016 @ 09:26

Cool

Access is included in my Sky TV subscription, right?

residentSteve 16 July, 2016 @ 07:41
8.1

Sky were right to challenge the name it’s just a pity they get to keep it.

I hope that one of the trophies isn’t to visit all 18 quintillion – that would be too much

9.1

I’m gunna go with probably not – as that would take about 5 billion years to do :P

I want this game ..looks like space GTA lol

A game about discovering for 60 bucks? (19-20.000 hungarian forint) Nooo way. And where are the annoying 12 yrs old kids who are shooting at me? Where are the explosions? Or the wall-running?

This is why i bought a ps4. Well done guys, nearly there! Can’t wait to get stuck in. We’ll look back on this game as a pong moment in a decade when everyone starts mimicing large procedurally generated personal adventure games. It started here people, it started here…

12.1

Lets see if its half decent first

residentSteve 18 July, 2016 @ 00:05
12.2

You bought a ps4 for this really? that’s just weird it’s hardly uncharted 4 now that’s why I bought a ps4.

residentSteve 16 July, 2016 @ 07:42

Nomads ski yawn.

Number9dream68 18 July, 2016 @ 12:27
13.1

Whats weird is you not knowing people like different things.

bestheelever 19 July, 2016 @ 14:37
13.2

@residentSteve Well we can clearly see you have no time for the game which means I don’t have to worry about ever bumping into you in there. Opinions are fine but literally having a go at others for their choice of what they want to play seems childish.

wow

Stonesthrow 20 July, 2016 @ 16:38

The space combat looks alright but the ground combat looks pretty boring and tedious if there’s only helpless creatures to shoot (which I won’t do) or robots if you do.. That and the resource grinding seem like the least interesting aspects to me. Hopefully the exploration and adventure itself will keep me interested. Still cautiously hyped :)

almasry00962 21 July, 2016 @ 02:43

To be a PS4 owner am so proud of all the exclusive games that sony has made for us, and now NMS is nearly here, I DO HOPE this game will be Awsome ( 18 quintilion planet ) WOW seriously WOW, cant wait to see how this game operate, and if this happen, we will witness the biggest game in gaming history and to be first to play it because we own PS4, surly am so proud of PS4.

PS: excuse my poor spelling.

Where’s trailer no3 – trade? It’s already out…

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history