Batman – The Telltale Series kicks off on PS4 & PS3 from 2nd August

The Walking Dead developer takes on The Dark Knight

Today we can unveil the digital release date for Batman – The Telltale Series, along with this world premiere trailer that’ll give you your very first look at the game in motion, and a taste of what you can expect from the season.

Episode 1: ‘Realm of Shadows’ will be available digitally worldwide starting Tuesday 2nd August for PS4 and PS3. In case you missed the announcement last week, the series will also be available to purchase at retailers from 16th September as a special Season Pass Disc, which will include the first of five episodes in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates.

Batman - The Telltale Series Batman - The Telltale SeriesBatman - The Telltale Series

How is Telltale’s vision of Batman unique? For a start, the series is as much about the man behind the mask as it is about Batman himself. In this game, you’ll enter the fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne and discover the powerful and far-reaching consequences of your choices as the Dark Knight. It’s a gritty and violent new story in which you’ll make discoveries that will shatter Bruce Wayne’s world, and the already fragile stability of a corrupt Gotham City.

You may well recognise many of the voices in the game, as the series features an award-winning cast of talent, including Troy Baker in the role of Bruce Wayne, Travis Willingham as Harvey Dent, Erin Yvette as Vicki Vale, Enn Reitel as Alfred Pennyworth, Murphy Guyer as Lieutenant James Gordon, Richard McGonagle as Carmine Falcone, and Laura Bailey as Selina Kyle. Can you tell we’re big fans of Uncharted? ;)

Thanks for reading, and as ever, do let us know your thoughts in the comments below! We’re beyond excited to share this peek at the upcoming season with you. Don’t miss that trailer, and look for more news on the series soon – there’ll be much more in the next couple of weeks leading up to the premiere on 2nd August!

Batman - The Telltale SeriesBatman - The Telltale Series

Batman - The Telltale Series

40 Comments
0 Author replies
KaneTheGoth 19 July, 2016 @ 16:43

This looks great – and fantastic news that Laura Bailey is part of it, too :)

HomessaHomem 19 July, 2016 @ 16:45

Any chance of a PS Vita version?

reggyx3clover 19 July, 2016 @ 18:25
2.1

As much as I love for one I don’t think they’ll made it because they said that GOT and TFB is under development for Vita but its been kinda more or less a year and we still haven’t received any information

2.2

Why would you want them to release a version that runs so slow, you can hardly make your choices, on a dead platform?

So first 5 eps are on the disc then the final 4 eps as monthly downloads?

PsVitaCyrus 19 July, 2016 @ 17:34
3.1

It says in the statement “…which includes the first OF five episodes…”, so the way I understand it there will only be 5 episodes altogether.

So If u buy the disc you will have the first episode on it and the remaining four will be digital.

Stonesthrow 19 July, 2016 @ 17:40
3.2

“as a special Season Pass Disc, which will include the first of five episodes in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates”

So 5 in total, you get the first and have to download the others when available, pretty much the same as digital (aimed at people who can’t get PSN currency, somehow, I guess?)… I’m sure they’ll bring out a physical release of all episodes eventually like they usually do now (which I would prefer getting but I can’t wait that long and always get it digitally).

3.3

My heart can’t taken any more QTE’s..

Tales from the Borderlands was GREAT, so much better than actual Borderlands!
But seriously TellTale, change up the gameplay PLEASE for the love of mankind and the good of my health!
I must’ve played all of 3mins of TWD: Michonne before my heart broke. & I’m afraid I won’t be able to piece it back together next time it happens.. PLEASE!?!

Stonesthrow 19 July, 2016 @ 17:33
4.1

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think their formula has gotten even better over time, focussing even more on story and pacing than the minor gameplay elements. IMO, their Back to the Future still had too many unnecessary gameplay elements that slowed down story, character development and pacing. I definitely prefer their modern formula that they’ve used since TWD.

4.2

This is a specific genre of game, they don’t need to change it up, if you don’t like it there are plenty of other games. Even other batman games.

4.3

@Stonesthrow

I’m happy with TT gameplay but wish they give players a bit more freedom at times. They have cut down on open areas ever since TWD1 and rely too much on linearity/cutscenes

Show more replies
JediKnight246 19 July, 2016 @ 17:20

I liked the Batman Arkham series but it’ll be interesting to see another story-driven series take a different approach to a Batman game.

Stonesthrow 19 July, 2016 @ 17:25

Very excited for this as for everything of tradition that Telltale does. A bit disappointed with Troy Baker, not for a lack of talent, mind you, just that he’s been overused these days and it’s getting hard not to associate his voice with countless other characters now (he’ll always be Joel in my book :p).

Stonesthrow 19 July, 2016 @ 17:47
6.1

Love the feel of Gotham in this, really feels like that of the 90’s animated series and more authentic than modern representatives!

Didn’t know that Bruce Wayne and Archer are twins. :)

ratcatcher69 19 July, 2016 @ 18:04

Why no support for ps vita anymore? It’s a great year for the vita so far and having this game would make it the BEST year so far!!!!!!

loonyspoony 19 July, 2016 @ 19:03

Really liked TotB and Wolf among us, however later games GoT and Minecraft have been a let down, not because they are bad stories but because you only get half a story and the chance to pay more later to finish it. At least provide some sort of half way completion rather than leave a story hanging for a year or so.
I know book series work in the same way but when I play a game I want some satisfaction at the end not ‘what they stopped it there’!

Aint buying this due to the stupid season pass discs,
What is even the point in the disc if the game isn’t even complete, meaning you still have to download the rest of them.

10.1

You can resell the disc, I guess.

This game looks AWESOME!!!!!

Ugh, more episodic rubbish.

Learn to finish an entire game.

12.1

You DO know that ALL of Telltale’s games sre formatted this way, right? They play out like a TV series.

ManikwithaNine 21 July, 2016 @ 02:18
12.2

TV series are released weekly not in a few months.
If this was released every week I’d get it, but if it’s in a few months I’d forget what happened in the last episode.

In for Telltale.

But will wait and play them all together.

madmanwithabox12 19 July, 2016 @ 23:02

Huge DC fanboy here, so I’m definitely in.

But I have to say, I’m not digging this cast at all.

All fine actors, but completely miscast IMO. Troy doesn’t convince me as Batman here (Roger Craig Smith or Bruce Greenwood might have fit the bill better). Alfred just doesn’t sound interested in anything. Willingham is fine as Dent (though surely Troy would have been better to reprise this one from Arkham) and Falcone sounds… okay, too much Sully though. Vicki Vale is the only one here I’m really sold on. Haven’t heard Laura’s Catwoman yet but she wouldn’t have been my pick for that particular role (Grey Delisle is pretty definitive at this point).

Like… who are you going to bring in for Joker if/when that happens? Because Troy would be overkill, Hamill wouldn’t really fit this younger universe and most of the other Joker VAs are very particular versions (Brave and the Bold, The Batman, UtRH etc).

Show full comment

Huge DC fanboy here, so I’m definitely in.

But I have to say, I’m not digging this cast at all.

Again, I think these are all respectable actors. I’m a fan of their work on the whole, but I do feel like this has been miscast just because they’re the Telltale guys now. We’ll see where this goes, but honestly not impressed on that front, sorry.

MrChateauLaFunk 19 July, 2016 @ 23:29

If I decide to buy the retail version (just for the looks) do I have to put the disc in everytime I play the game (1. episode that is) and do I have to keep the disc in the console when playing future episodes which are presumable downloads via PSN?

15.1

Yes, you’ll need the disc.

ManikwithaNine 20 July, 2016 @ 05:29
15.2

I don’t think it will be downloads via PSN. I think it will be downloads via updates when you put the disc in.

ManikwithaNine 20 July, 2016 @ 05:21

From what I can understand, the disc version has 1 of 5 episodes. And that 2-5 will download automatically via updates. Not downloaded from the store separately. And if you sell the disc, all 5 episodes go with it. That is what I believe.

mrobinson91 20 July, 2016 @ 14:34
16.1

I believe with Minecraft they had episode 1 on a disk and a season pass for the rest…so reselling would only sell episode 1.

StevenJamesHyde 20 July, 2016 @ 15:15
16.2

@mrobinson91 – that’s not the case, the Minecraft disc worked exactly how ManikwithaNine described above

Stonesthrow 20 July, 2016 @ 16:26
16.3

Yea, probably like that. But don’t they eventually bring out all episodes on disc when they all released? Or are those just the ones you described that I always see in stores? :) If that’s the case, it’s still not really plug and play since you have to reinstall the ‘updates’ if you decided to delete it and want to replay…
They should really put all episodes on disc after, that might entice to get it again.

ManikwithaNine 20 July, 2016 @ 05:25

I’m not going to buy this and then wait a few months for the next episode. I’ll wait for it to release all episodes before I get this game.

dark_angel69 20 July, 2016 @ 08:10

How long will the wait be for the next episode and the ones following to be released? The same as the walking dead, game of thrones and Tales from the Borderlands? I really hope it’s been improved with this game as i hate those long waits. I’m just going to wait for all episodes to get released before playing them. It’s always been a great feeling when it finishes as it leaves me wanting more but having to wait so long for each one just ruins my enjoyment

18.1

Telltale’s two latest games – Minecraft and Michonne – had their episodes released on a monthly basis. Hopefully they continue the trend.

Biig--Bouni 20 July, 2016 @ 10:58

Why isn’t this game available for preorder? Looking forward to it

TertiaryCitadel 20 July, 2016 @ 12:16

Any chance we can see Telltale working on more of existing series that making new ones?

I’d much rather see a Season Two of Borderlands, GoT or Wolf Among Us or Walking Dead 3 here sooner than another new series.

Oh I’m hyped for this! Any word on cost of ep 1?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history