Gravity Rush 2 drops onto PS4 on 30th November – watch the new trailer

Plus, news of an anime tie-in from the team behind Rebuild of Evangelion

Hello, PlayStation fans! Gravity Rush 2 stunned E3 visitors with an action-packed hands-on demo featuring a glimpse of the game’s massive, intricately-detailed environments, and expanded gravity-defying action.

Today I’m excited to announce that Gravity Rush 2 will be dropping (no pun intended) this year on 30th November 2016 for Europe and 2nd December for the UK.

Those who pre-order the game from participating retailers will receive an alternate white costume DLC for Kat, as well as a Director’s Choice Soundtrack from the game. If you pre-order from the PlayStation Store you will receive both of these pre-order items along with a PS4 Theme.

Gravity Rush 2

I’m also happy to announce that prior to the launch of Gravity Rush 2, we will be releasing a brand new anime called “Gravity Rush: The Animation ~ Overture ~” which bridges the gap between the original Gravity Rush and the sequel. This anime is being produced by Studio Khara, best known for their work on Rebuild of Evangelion. We’ll have more to share about it prior to launch.

Gravity Rush 2 marks the return of gravity shifters Kat and Raven (now a powerful ally), ex-cop Syd, and introduces a bevy of new characters. The first new face to join the expansive world of Gravity Rush 2 is a mysterious guardian angel who shows up to help Kat when she’s in a bind, quickly dispensing of a group of pesky Nevi enemies.

Gravity Rush 2 Gravity Rush 2Gravity Rush 2

Angel is a superheroine with an aggressive and wild fighting style, and packs an overwhelming punch to her attacks. She also has a crystallisation ability that helps her regenerate health instantly. Check out Angel’s abilities in this new gameplay trailer.

And in case you missed our chat with Creative Director Keiichiro Toyama at E3, be sure to read the interview here, and stay tuned to PlayStation Blog for more information on this highly anticipated PS4 exclusive.

32 Comments
1 Author replies

That was beautiful, beautiful indeed. Really looking forward to it. Soooo can we expect a beautiful CE this time?
Was really a bummer when I had to import the Japanese for the remaster ^^
Btw about that Anime…please please don’t forget us smaller countries in the European Union….please stop region locking the Playstation movies store :) Always annoying when my TV refuses to connect to it…or my phone, or my tablet :/

SatoshiOokami 19 July, 2016 @ 08:24

Yahoo! So early O.o
Kat-tan in 2016! Dream year!

XR-NOFEAR17 20 July, 2016 @ 11:18
2.1

Kat overdose this year :3

warensembler83 19 July, 2016 @ 08:28

I loved the 1st game. Can’t wait for the sequel.

Loved the first one.
Will remote play this for nostalgia

Enjoyed the first one. However, art direction of the first one did start to grate after a while and take away from my enjoyment, especially on a big screen it was so drab and grungy I didn’t find it easy to warm to or look at.

I am loving the colours and brightness of GR2 however and really glad they’ve gone in this direction. I really don’t think I would’ve been bothered with it had it continued the same approach as 1. But this really does look very pretty. It’ll brighten up December..

I do wonder what the progression system’s gonna be like tho.. Am I going to have to go round again collecting orbs to unlock powers? Or will I have a fully functioning Kat from the get-go?
The grind isn’t all that appealing to be honest, having done it once before. I have a fair idea what’s going to happen: she’ll lose her powers early in the game then spend the rest of the adventure regaining these strengths.. Ugh.
If you’ve got a Top Kat from GR1 can you not just carry her save file over for 2??

IIRC they said all her powers from GR1 will be maxxed out.. And judging by the new gameplay and seeing the size of the maps I think it balances well.

So EU doesn’t get all the pre-order bonus NA does? Pre-order and get all Avatars? Or are we just not getting the PSN Avatars at all?

crimsonidol-de 19 July, 2016 @ 10:02

Any chance for the game being playable on gamescom?

Olivier Banal 19 July, 2016 @ 14:08
8.1

Hi crimsonidol-de,

Yes indeed, GRAVITY RUSH 2 will be playable at Gamescom!

See you there!

crimsonidol-de 20 July, 2016 @ 12:05
8.2

Hi Olivier,

thanks for the info. :)

DoYouLikeMyID 19 July, 2016 @ 10:07

Finally we got the release date! :D I’m so excited for this game! Luckily there’s not that much waiting left anymore :D

madmanwithabox12 19 July, 2016 @ 11:05

Looking forward to this, love the first one. (^_^)_b

Shame it’ll probably flop because of a release that sees it limping onto the PS Store with no marketing like so many PlayStation exclusives in the past. Not to mention, I can’t imagine the Remaster did very well since nobody was talking about it after it came out. Probably sold better on Vita even with it being free on PS+ for over a year.

Regardless, I’m gonna be there playing this when it comes out. Shame we don’t see more original titles this series because they’re not huge commercial successes.

Stonesthrow 19 July, 2016 @ 18:33
10.1

Well said. Playstation really needs to work on marketing their own brilliant exclusives. And totally agree we need to see more titles like this, always nice to see a good Japanese game these days.

madmanwithabox12 19 July, 2016 @ 11:12

So my comment expressing excitement for this game is awaiting moderation… what?

KaneTheGoth 19 July, 2016 @ 13:44
11.1

It auto-detected you using the word “n-o-b-o-d-y” (or perhaps just the n-o-b part; this is a moderated word.

madmanwithabox12 19 July, 2016 @ 16:12
11.2

That’s just insane. It’s a commonly used and completely inoffensive word… get it together SIEE

reggyx3clover 19 July, 2016 @ 11:26

I started despising this game since it felt like this game betrays all Vita fans

12.1

That’s… interesting.

Do you also despise Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Uncharted 4 for “betraying” all PS3 fans? Or do you despise Persona 4 Golden for “betraying” all PS2 fans?

Or is this something that only happened with this game alone?

12.2

Shuhei all but confirmed that it’s not coming to Vita because the world is much larger than the previous game. Plus more people own a PS4. That’s more people that can play the game. PS4 is the more logical platform to release on.

KaneTheGoth 19 July, 2016 @ 13:45
12.3

Yeah, and Codemasters can do one too, as they no longer make games for my Commodore 64. The cads!

Show more replies

Nice one I didn’t know it was so soon!

Shadowrave25 19 July, 2016 @ 15:21

I cant wait for this game! Will there be a special or collectors edition for Europe?

Shinigami_Yagami 20 July, 2016 @ 00:01
14.1

I would so love at least an art book if this game! It is so gorgeous!

Stonesthrow 19 July, 2016 @ 18:20

Can’t wait. One of the few Japanese games I truly enjoyed over the last years. We need more games like this. Unmistakingly Japanese, but more than your average Monster Hunter clone or whatever… Oh how I’ve waited for Japanese development to rise to its glory yet again… Make it happen, Playstation and Japanese devs! :p

ThroughTheIris56 19 July, 2016 @ 23:06

Looks amazing, really glad we have a release date for this year.

Shinigami_Yagami 19 July, 2016 @ 23:57

The game looks amazing! I can’t wait! Any word on a collector’s edition for this gorgeous game?

Shinigami_Yagami 23 July, 2016 @ 07:47

Can someone clarify… is the Director’s Choice Soundtrack dlc?

Does anyone know what retailers are giving away the dlc with the physical copy? I’ve checked a few major retailers and none of them mention dlc at all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history