Posted

Watch Hello Games play No Man’s Sky live tonight at 7.30pm BST

Join the developer this evening for a peek at its incredible universe

Hello PlayStation blog, it’s Sean Murray back for one last update before No Man’s Sky makes its way into the world.

Firstly, I just want to take a moment to thank all of you that have followed us and shown interest in No Man’s Sky over the last few years that we’ve been building it. For a small studio out of Guildford, it’s incredibly humbling to see the amount of love and passion for the game.

Now not all of you will have been following me (@nomanssky) on Twitter so might not have seen some of the latest updates.

Livestream – 8th August at 19.30pm BST

I’m going to be livestreaming No Man’s Sky for an hour (or however long we feel like) tonight on Twitch. We’ll be taking you through some of cool moments at the start of the game and what you can look forward to seeing later on. We’ll also be chatting about some of the highs, and lows, of making the enormous game over the last 4 or 5 years.

Be sure to check us out here:

This was us at 5.00am last week putting the finishing touches to that first update, which will be available for you to install the minute you launch the game. We’ve had to regenerate the universe to make the changes we wanted for this update, and there are big balancing and content changes you’ll want right from the beginning, so please do install it before you start!

No Man’s Sky is a huge sandbox. If people like it, we’d love to keep updating and improving it in this way and hopefully this will be the first update of many to come. The universe we’ve created is a huge canvas that we’ve filled with so many different ideas and ways to play.

We’ll also be showing off some cool tweaks and new things you can look forward to with our first update on the livestream.

I’m not a big fan of spoilers, so I’ll try to make the stream as spoiler free as I can. If you want, you can watch it with your eyes closed :)

Lots of people have only never heard of No Man’s Sky though, or are maybe unsure of what it’s like to play. We want them to see an hour of raw gameplay to help decide if it’s the kind of game they want to play.

I can’t believe we’re finally going to see our baby out in the world. I can only hope people have as many cool moments playing our game, as we have had while making it…

Thank you so much and see you on the other side…

39 Comments
0 Author replies

Will definitely tune into this, can’t wait :)

sorry i wont watch tonight as i dont want to spoil the experience. im getting into rebel galaxy so i hope no mans sky is way better. too much to play just now but will pick it up at some point

will say i was not impressed of GAME being the only place to pick up the limited edition with steelbook, it looks sweet as but they are charging a bit too much

StevenJamesHyde 08 August, 2016 @ 14:43
3.1

Supply and demand unfortunately… now that it’s sold out, £69.99 looks like a bargain compared to what ebay resellers are charging

On topic – can’t wait, here’s hoping it lives up to even a tiny fraction of the hype

RosweeGangsta 08 August, 2016 @ 16:50
3.2

I used game and find a discount code originally I was due to pay £62,99 then they dropped the price to £59.99 and still honoured the code ;)… £52.99 for limited edition steelbook special DLC and Dyanmic theme and also GAME pre order bonus stuff. All for about £5 more than the standard copy not too bad ;)

So it’s OK to watch you guys play it but not the joe public guy who got it early?
Okaaay!

4.1

Exactly – I bet Sony won’t be hitting them with a copyright strike like they did to all the fans who actually paid for it.

4.2

Lets see, the guy who created it, or the people who shouldn’t have it early in the first place.

I’m with the creator.

Tazman-Baaring 08 August, 2016 @ 16:13
4.3

We, the european people, weren’t meant to be able to play it until wednesday, at the earliest, anyway. ;)
Okay, it’s a bit of a “tease” to already have NMS installed (preordered it through the Store), and not being able to play it for another 30 hours and 47 minutes (by the time of posting this). :/
BUT….. I think I’ll live!!! ;D

Show more replies

No way I’m watching it, I want to be surprised by the game and discover it by myself. But have fun and don’t listen to haters!

Awesome! Can’t wait for Wednesday, though I am still somewhat bemused as to why the US is getting it a day earlier than your own country of residence? (not moaning, genuinely curious as to why),

Looks good but it’s no retro/grade

7.1

Just drop it. It’s one frickin game.

7.2

@Max — That “one frickin game” isn’t about a product worth a few £, it’s the total lack of respect shown towards long-term European subscribers.

One frickin game today turns into another frickin game tomorrow.
Don’t be such a pushover.

On topic — I’ll watch a bit of this stream as Sean is big on the no-spoiler thing and I trust he will only be showing us what is suitable for now :) All part of the pre-launch excitement!

X_Blood_Curse_X 08 August, 2016 @ 16:34
7.3

Haha I was looking for this comment.

Retro/Grade, a game so good you can get it twice whether you like it or not

Show more replies

I won’t be watching. I want to experience it for myself.

Nice job keeping the reviews suppressed until after the game releases, by the way.

jamie-sixtyfour 08 August, 2016 @ 16:08
9.1

The main reason for that is because of a day 1 patch which significantly changes the name. I’d rather reviewers review what most people will be playing day 1 than a previous redundant version.

9.2

Yeah, it’s far better that people buy it completely blind.

residentSteve 08 August, 2016 @ 15:29

I’ll be glad when this games out I’m sick of hearing about it.

10.1

Yet, you still comment on the posts about it.

Anyone else would see what the blog was about, ignore it and post on something that actually interested them.

Thank you and congrats Sean! From the interviews I could tell you are one of the most authentic devs out there. I’m hoping for the success of this game, and tonight’s streaming might be what decides whether I wanna buy this game on release or not :)

SHADOWfriendly 08 August, 2016 @ 17:32

Preordered it two days ago. Picking it up first thing tomorrow morning. Iv waited 3-4 years for this game, i think i can wait one more night.

Please never add PvP. If other players can kill me and take my stuff I’ll stop playing.

SPREAD_UR_MEAT 08 August, 2016 @ 22:25
13.1

LOL.

13.2

Chances of meeting anyone is less than 1%. I think you’ll be okay.

Been waiting for this for ages. Elite just ain’t as good as Frontier was. Just traded in my PS4 for a Xbox Slim so can watch Netflix in HDR as Samsung wont update the TV app. Now discovered the game is not on Xbox. Is this Candid Camera? Devastated. Sony is hurting half the gamers out there

StevenJamesHyde 09 August, 2016 @ 07:58
14.1

…did it really not occur to you that something that’s been advertised as a PS4 console exclusive for the better part of three years might not be coming to XBox?

looks interesting to explore

Not for me… the more I see the less impressed I am… when I saw it in 2014 at E3 I’d have bought it like a shot… but it just looks more dull and repetitive every time I see it.

At least it dont need a fast PC so going hook up the xbox joypad on the PC instead.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history