We’re really excited for you to get your hands on the fast, fluid, Pilot and Titan gameplay that is at the core of Titanfall and to help us find any issues with our servers and backend systems before we launch worldwide on 28th October.
The tech test will be taking place across two weekends, 19-21st and 26-28th August. Both weekends will feature two of our newest Titans (Ion and Scorch), a range of Pilot abilities (including the Grapple, Holo Pilot, and Pulse Blade), as well as a variety of weapons and load-outs for you to play with.
For the first weekend, we’ll have two maps and two modes that highlight just a taste of what Titanfall 2 has to offer.
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode in Titanfall 2 that pits you and your teammates against an opposing team of Pilots as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonus by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed! Once a bounty Titan shows up you’ll want to focus all fire and take it down as a team for a massive payout!
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Think you have what it takes to be the best Pilot on the Frontier? Put your combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below, as well as numerous interiors to maneuver through for a variety of firing positions without being spotted. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can easily be ambushed unless they head off the main pathways and into the surrounding fields.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land when valuable natural resources are found. A series of raised, rocky plateaus with a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. Titans control the large rolling fields, so be extra cautious when traveling between the plateaus.
Both modes will be playable on both maps
Then for the second weekend, we’ll be adding an additional map and mode to the tech test:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory!
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. This is a medium to small map with the main building domination the playable space. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action. As a Pilot, keep an eye out for two escape chutes that run from the interior of the main building to the roof!
Regarding progression, the first weekend we will be capping progression at level 10. Then on weekend two, we’ll raise the cap to 15 and give players a chance to unlock some pretty cool items including the Mastiff – a deadly horizontal spread shotgun, as well as the Alternator – a dual barrel SMG (my personal favorite when paired up with the Gunrunner attachment).
Also, make sure you check out our all-new Networks feature. Available in-game on and Titanfall.com, Networks is designed to make finding and playing with friends quick and easy.
So, why are we doing a multiplayer tech test? Well, first we just can’t wait any longer to let you all see (and play) what we’ve been working on for the last two years; but just as importantly, we need your help.
There’s nothing worse than a game launch ruined by server issues, outages, and bugs. By enlisting the help of PlayStation gamers around the world we’re confident that we’ll be able to find, fix, and kill potential issues before launch so we encourage you to play as much of the tech test as you can, if you find an issue or bug please head over to our forums at www.titanfall.com/forums and let us know. Oh, and feel free to give us bucket loads of feedback – we’re dying to hear what everyone thinks!
We hope everyone has a great time and is looking forward to October 28th when the game launches – we wouldn’t be able to do it without your help.