Step right up, carnival goers and welcome to the VR big top! 2K along with Cat Daddy Games created the original Carnival Games years ago to take advantage of motion controllers and bring your favourite carnival experiences home in a party game.
Soon, Carnival Games VR‘s taking you right to the middle of the midway like never before with 12 games where you’ll shoot hoops, take on ghosts, climb virtual walls – and a whole lot more. Aim for a high score, earn tickets and exchange them for prizes like digital stuffed animals!
Get ready to relive the first time you went to the carnival with your friends – with 2K’s first foray into virtual reality. Get ready to join the carnival on PS4 starting 28th October!
Big top action!
Carnival Games VR lets you throw, shoot, catch and climb through 12 carnival games adapted for a great VR experience. Be sure to get your virtual hands on the all new game modes – Climb Wall and Shooting Gallery!
Play solo or grab some friends and check out all the VR games:
- You get nine balls to throw/roll into one of the holes at the end of the alley. The game ends when the player runs out of balls.
- You have five rings to toss onto pegs for points. Every time a player successfully tosses a ring onto a peg a section on the peg board lowers to increase difficulty. The peg board has several multi colored rings interspersed worth different amounts of points for the player to aim for.
- How good is your throwing arm? Try to knocking over the golden milk jug(s) with a baseball.
Down The Stretch:
- Be the first to finish the race by rolling the ball into the holes at the end of the ramp. Land balls into the highlighted hole for an extra burst of speed.
- Pop as many balloons as possible with six darts. Hit the moving targets to pop all 8 balloons on that station.
- You have unlimited shots – but you’re racing against the clock – to hit as many scripted targets as possible.
- Climb as fast as you can to reach the treasure at the top of the climbing wall.
- Try to dunk all three patrons by throwing the ball at the moving target as quickly as possible.
Funnel Cake Stacker:
- Catch as many funnel cakes on the tray as you can.
- You have 60 seconds to make as many baskets as possible.
- Shoot as many targets as possible while the cart moves through the Haunted House.
- The player scores by catching pitches that get increasingly difficult (swerving, slow and fast). When they miss three pitches the game is over.
Each game will have a leaderboard to track your game scores and compete against friends.
Prizes and unlockable game modes:
Collect tickets by completing game modes. Turn these tickets into prizes and unlock new games. Once purchased, players can interact with prizes in a free form VR setting in the “playrooms.” For example, you score enough tickets to buy a Ball-and-Chain – try swinging them around in the Prize Room.
Enter the Prize Room:
All the prizes that you unlock and win throughout the twelve games are yours to play with in the Prize Room. It’s more than just a trophy room, though – it’s a sandbox! Goof around with your prizes in a free form environment and see what happens! (Pro-Tip: Many of the game’s trophies are earned through how you play with prizes.)
Carnival Games VR will be available for digital download on 28th October 2016 for PlayStation VR. Want to learn more? Keep following the 2K social channels and #CarnivalGamesVR!