Posted

Journey and Lords of the Fallen headline PlayStation Plus in September

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Badland, Amnesia: Memories also inbound

Hey everyone – the time has come for you to discover your PlayStation Plus monthly games for September. Looks like you’ll be slashing your way through demonic hordes and enjoying a quest to discover the secrets of a forgotten civilization…

First up is Journey. The talented developers at thatgamecompany bring us the critically acclaimed winner of several Game of the Year awards. Finding yourself alone in the desert as the mysterious Traveler, you must make your way to a distant mountaintop. But there is so much more to this sublime experience than simply traversing the world. With stunning visuals, an amazing soundtrack, and a unique online experience there really is something very special about Journey.

Next up is the fantasy epic, Lords of the Fallen. Seeking redemption for past sins, you play as Harkyn looking to end a bloody war between humans and gods. With three classes to choose from, you can tailor the combat experience to your liking. And in a game where every encounter matters and your choices have consequences, the layers of customisation are an integral part of the game. So collect your gear and prepare for close-quarters combat as you take the fight to brutal demon lords.

Available to download on 6th September:

We’ll see you in the comments section – enjoy.

240 Comments
0 Author replies

Do you like this PS Plus update

1.1

Yes I do like it

1.2

No I don’t like it

The_David_Diablo 01 September, 2016 @ 11:29
1.3

Good month and I see that most agree… Just think though, the best part is the Americans and Canadians are footing the bill for the step up in quality. We didn’t do jack! XD

Show more replies

IMO this is a good lineup.

jamie-sixtyfour 31 August, 2016 @ 16:43
2.1

I agree. Badlands is a great cross platform title if people don’t have it – download it!

Looking forward to giving Journey a try and for “free”, I’ll try Lords of the Fallen. Best month in a while!

It’s hit and miss. I have had Journey ever since it came out on PS3 and it was short but great.

I played Badland for 5 minutes then uninstalled it. It was slightly better than flappy birds but not enough to use up 250 Mb of hard drive space. Seems very ordinary.

MisterVesuvius 31 August, 2016 @ 16:33

Wow. Fantastically bad.

nope.

3.2

You dont have plus, so why do you care?

MisterVesuvius 31 August, 2016 @ 17:27
3.3

I care because I’m waiting for both the IGC titles to improve and the full suite of PlayStation services to be enabled in my region before I pay for the service. Why do you care why I care?

Show more replies
StevenJamesHyde 31 August, 2016 @ 16:33

Best update in months. Years, even

nice update right here.

MisterVesuvius 31 August, 2016 @ 16:34

The Americans will be overjoyed to be paying more.

6.1

Bad-MuthaAdebisi 31 August, 2016 @ 19:50
6.2

64 pence per month is shocking extortion

Wow, just wow. Something different :)

Well. I think this is a really good lineup :) Wanted to get LotF for a while. Can’t say no to the Journey either :) As for Amnesia, I am one of those people, that are glad to get a visual novel on Plus, but it certainly is not for everyone. A great improvement over last few months in my book :) Keep it up :)

Outstanding!

An otome VN in a Vita PS+ line up? Oh man, please give us some more VNs for vita then! :p

10.1

Thinking the same ^_^!

Aside from it being on sale REALLY recently, yes I completely agree. Much, much better than first party PSP obviouslytheonlythingleftthatcanbeputupin10seconds games.

Hurrah!! What a brilliant month!! At last, something to really cheer about rather than pretend to :-)

Carnivius_Prime 31 August, 2016 @ 16:49
11.1

speak for yourself. I enjoyed the August line up. This? Not so much.

Oh yes – that’s more like it – thank you so much! Amazing line-up :D

People that don’t think this is a good offering must have crazy expectations. Some good games there and easily the best offering since Rocket League!!!

CookieMonsterES 31 August, 2016 @ 16:39

REALLY good month, thanks Greg!

Awesome games! Thank you!

People slagged off lords of the fallen when games with gold got it.

Wonder if its suddenly good to them now we are getting it.

Anyway nothing for me this month but i have tonnes to play so whatever

warensembler83 31 August, 2016 @ 17:16
16.1

I got it on Steam and unfortunately it’s not that great. It’s ok to try it for free, though. But after having played the Souls games and Bloodborne, it just felt cheap (except for the graphics).

X_Blood_Curse_X 31 August, 2016 @ 17:31
16.2

“People slagged off lords of the fallen when games with gold got it.”

Really? I don’t remember that. Quite the opposite really, everyone was comparing Plus to GwG and saying how much better it was because GwG got Lords of the fallen. :S

Pretty good month. I will play all of them. I was especially curious about Amnesia and Lords of the Fallen. Thanks!

You want me to stop buying digital games? Since that’s what you guys live to give away free later.

Make PS+ optional.

18.1

It IS optional… just not online optional…

BarryBallache 31 August, 2016 @ 16:42

Hasnt Journey been free on PS Plus before? Wasnt that part of the IGC on PS3?

No, never. Most Sony exclusives haven’t ;)

19.2

However, PS+ users were given the opportunity to buy it one week earlier when it released.

19.3

I thought so too but I think it was just free on ps4 for those who owned it on ps3.

As one of the few people that’s never played Journey, I’m super happy with this lineup. Also another VN for on my Vita on the go is always a good thing.

StevenJamesHyde 31 August, 2016 @ 16:42

Datura seems to be a primarily Move-based affair – can those who don’t own a Move controller still play it?

21.1

Yeah you can use a controller. I checked the store page.

SSJVEGETA2007 31 August, 2016 @ 16:42

Great line up, best in a while. Don’t let this be a one off Sony

Not bad!

RodrigoSharingan 31 August, 2016 @ 16:43

A GOOD LINE UP?!?! I must be dreaming.

Datura http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/datura score 57 on MC… And is it ps move only game? And what if people don’t have move, is it theirs problem, or Sonys, that it gives games that people woludn’t play because they didn’t bought useless thing like move?

25.1

lol. Getting a little carried away there…?

It’s not just a Move game, no.

Quick bit of effort searching the store page shows “Recommended for PlayStation®Move but also fully playable with a DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller”. Wasn’t hard.

If metacritic is your sole measure of worthiness of a game, you must not play too many.

25.3

Maybe this is their way of trying to sell a few extra Move units by the time VR launches? You can probably play the game without Move but it’s definitely an experience that was made to be played that way.
Pretty much the only game I enjoyed with Move, together with Heavy rain.

a great offering of games, nice going Plus dudes :). a big game for PS4 & PS3, and some smaller indies, a nice little mix.

Lords of the Fallen is an awesome game to get, as is PoP aswell (theyre all pretty fun) :D. havent played Journey but thats supposed to be very cool too 8)

As far as I’m concerned this the best plus month since the PS4 launched. I have journey already but it’s great for everyone that doesn’t have it.

PS3 is really strong this month I bought Prince of Persia on release and it reminded me of the 2004 game.

Datura – 57 score on metacritic. Isn’t it a ps move only game? And what will do people that don’t have move? Isn’t it again a waste of money this year?

28.1

Nope, still not a Move-only game.

28.2

You can play Datura with regular controller too.

Give it a chance. I actually liked the game quite a lot. It’s certainly not for everyone, but it’s strange and interesting, if nothing else.

Carnivius_Prime 31 August, 2016 @ 16:48

Not as good as last month (seriously I love Tricky Towers especially playing with friends). I didn’t enjoy Journey on my PS3 at all so I really don’t need a PS4 version. May try Lords of the Fallen but haven’t been encouraged by what I’ve seen of it.

supersmith2500 31 August, 2016 @ 16:48

3 PS3 Ubisoft titles in a row (4 unless you count Vita)? Ok.

Also, Journey and Datura are alright but short at the time. You could complete them within hours.

30.1

Ubisoft tend to be more easy to negotiate with than other publishers. You can see this also in how frequently and deeply their games get discounted.

The opposite end of the spectrum has publishers like Activision.

Journey is a great game for those who haven’t played it.

I also thought Datura was pretty underrated too, especially if you have a Move controller to play it with. While Datura does have some issues with controls, it’s very unique and strange for those who like that kind of thing.

Whoops, 2 posts… Great that we can’t edit our comments… :)

32.1

Crazy in 2016 right? I think this is one of the only places on the internet where you can’t edit…

Instead of spreading negativity lets praise Sony for this great month!

Sam_Smith_WWE_93 06 September, 2016 @ 12:35
33.1

I will when they have a great month.

Not too bad. They just need to add Playstation Now when they increase the price.

34.1

Right, because we need more last-gen games that we all played years ago as opposed to modern, relevant ones. Oo If anything, they should drop ps3 and vita support and go fully ps4. Long, long overdue.

I think it would be better to swap the ps3 games out for PlayStation now titles, but would need to be a permanent subscription of the game.

JediKnight246 31 August, 2016 @ 21:03
34.3

There’s plenty of good last-gen games that not everyone has played yet. At the moment there are very few good RPGs on PS4, so what if a PS3 RPG like Dragon Age: Origins turned up on PS4? Alongside the usual PS4 PS+ games of course. There are already cross-buy games that have been included in PS+ before.

Show more replies

Why, why, WHY would they put Journey as the free game when it was literally JUST on a sale – “Oh we’ll put this on sale and get some more copies sold …. and now you can have it for free.”

Fml.

35.1

Lol! I bought Journey for £4.59 during the sale. You can’t blame them for trying to squeeze out a few more purchases of the game before putting it on PS+. I feel the price I paid matched the length of the game & it is quite an awesome experience playing through it.

Sam_Smith_WWE_93 06 September, 2016 @ 12:35
35.2

I got Journey with my ps4. =/

Carnivius_Prime 31 August, 2016 @ 17:05

Ah ya know what. I might be disappointed with this bunch (seriously I just don’t find Journey at all entertaining) but I’m glad other people are happy. Got some of my fave lil titles in the past few months and I got enough in sales to keep me busy and to be honest I spend most of my gaming time on Uncharted 4 multiplayer anyways (and that’s got a big update coming in the next month or so that should finally add the co op modes, yaaay!) I’ll give Fallen and Badlands a go when they’re up and see if I enjoy them

Happy gaming, people. :)

If you haven’t played Rebel Galaxy from last month, go do so now! It’s an excellent space adventure game, you fly around shooting other ships, blowing them up and taking their cargo, doing missions to make money to upgrade your ship to complete story missions. It’s fantastic and totally overlooked. Go play that!

Carnivius_Prime 31 August, 2016 @ 17:45
37.1

This is true. I loaded it up not expecting to enjoy it much but I really got into it.

Really nice selection. Thanks!

Wow, 5 games I wanna play and one I already have (PoP), fantastic!

X_Blood_Curse_X 31 August, 2016 @ 17:09

Badland, a cross-buy mobile port of yet another puzzle platformer. Wish it wasn’t always the Vita slot that gets taken up by one of these.

40.1

So a puzzle platformer is what it is? Darn. Don’t like those. But it’s not a Curve Digital one, is it? That would be even worse.

this is more like it
Journey – great game
LOTF – Good full release game

finally a month to be proud of

My PS+ sub is up this month and for the first time it’s not an automatic renewal for me, i will be closely watching next month to see if i need to renew or if i can let it slide for a month or 2

41.1

Lords of the fallen is not a great game sorry to burst your bubble folks. I guess all you guys care about it the release price tag though

@harrisown I bet it gives me more enjoyment than most of the spectrum rip offs we get every month. I lived through that gen, don’t need to do it again.

warensembler83 31 August, 2016 @ 17:11

I got Journey Special Edition (+ Flow and Flower) on the last sales. It’s a nice mini-game (1h30/2h long).
I got Lords of the Fallen on a Steam sale, and it’s a horrible game. It’s an attempt at copying Dark Souls, but with repetitive mechanics, uninteresting story and mechanics, and glitch-based difficulty. I’ll check the Vita games, I guess…

42.1

Journey in one and a half hour? Dude you surely missed out on something there. Even when I was a Whitecloak and exactly knew where everything was it took around three hours to finish and see everything.

Figures, first two decent games in years and already own them (Journey and Datura). The ps4 AAA saves it a little bit for me, just for the sake of being AAA (too bad it had to be a Dark Souls clone, not my kinda game) but next month it might as well be fully indie again so not knowing we’re certainly getting AAA on ps4 consistently still blows. Forgotten sands for ps3 not bad either but who still plays ps3 these days? Not an absolutely horrible update as usual in general, but personally I won’t be getting anything out of it yet again.

Split the online costs from the PS+ subscription and I’ll be happier. It’s only fair that we shouldn’t be forced into this subscription if it holds zero merit for some of us. Very discriminative business you guys have gotten into -_-

43.1

LotF’s a AAA title? Since when? I thought it was A, at the most AA.

I can honestly say that Journey is one of the best games I ever played. A true masterpiece

44.1

I’m with you on that. Proof that games can be art.

Sony did GREAT this month! It’s interesting to see the difference between the last month fiasco (rather poor games choice and Retro/Grade again) and this INCREDIBLE line-up. Maybe the price “update” for the subscription had something to do, at least this line-up seems to be worth it. I just hope next months will be as good. PLEASE, Sony make an effort always afterall this is for the players, right?

DoYouLikeMyID 31 August, 2016 @ 17:13

I already own Journey, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Datura. I can easily recommend people check out all 3 titles, as I really enjoyed them all. And all of the remaining titles actually interest me in different ways, so while I may only get 3 games this month, I have to say, it’s looking like a good selection.

Journey and Datura can easily be completed within a couple hours each, but they’re both really interesting experiences, and very much worth playing, so I definitely recommend playing those two at the very least :)

I’ve heard next to nothing about Lords of the Fallen, but I know it’s an action-RPG, and I really like that genre. So I’ll definitely check it out, even though it only holds a score of 68 on Metacritic :P

I’ve heard some good things about Badland, and it looks like a good fit for Vita, so I’ll certainly give it a try there :)

Show full comment

And I love visual novels, so the game I’m most excited to try this month is probably Amnesia: Memories. However, if I’m not mistaken, it’s a love story from a girl’s point of view… Can’t say I’ve tried that before, so I guess I’ll just have to see how I feel about that :)

All in all, a great month IMO, regardless of me owning half the games already. So cheers! :D

DoYouLikeMyID 31 August, 2016 @ 18:33
46.1

And btw, feel free to keep those VN’s coming for Vita. I LOVE those games on my Vita :)

46.2

Yeah man keep the Vita love up! I would love to see more of these every month :). The Vita is so underrated here.

AlucardTepes_DE 01 September, 2016 @ 01:53
46.3

has for Amnesia: Memories don’t worry about it, I hear it was made in a way that it would appeal to both audiences, even though it’s an Otome game.

Now this is fate, I was LITERALLY about to buy LoF. So glad I waited. Very happy now it’s free. Saved some pennies! Pretty good month to be fair.

You certainly did save some pennies, it’s not a very good game. You might get some enjoyment out of it for free, though. Well, not free, you’re paying for your PS+ membership, but you know what I mean.

Great month. Looks like I’ll be renewing my plus sub on 5th September.

Nice! Journey I have but Lords of the Fallen I haven’t played yet. And PS Vita offering is nice!

Quite good this month, and wheyyy no PSP games

50.1

It hasn’t gave PSP games at all for years?

Sam_Smith_WWE_93 06 September, 2016 @ 12:32
50.2

It’s given a few PSP games recently, I’m not a fan of it, so I’m glad they haven’t this month..

Sam_Smith_WWE_93 06 September, 2016 @ 12:33
50.3

This would be a good month for me if I hadn’t already bought every game in the line up..

Show more replies

best month in 3 years
hope it’s not another 3 before we see another one like this one

Sad to see that even with a decent offering, the sense of entitlement is still strong in the comments. There’s nothing there for me personally this month, but I appreciate that there will be for others. Journey is a beautiful experience and I’m happy that those who haven’t played it now get the chance to.

52.1

No, it’s sad to see that after 3 years of being served doodoo, some people still consider others’ sense of entitlement to be strong simply because we got the first decent update of this entire gen?
How low can your sense of entitlement get? You do realise you don’t own any of these games, right? They’re just indefinite rentals that many of us never even download. All at the low, low price of 60€ a year!

At least when PS+ was optional you could choose if you wanted to get suckered into this, now we’re all forced to, and somehow we’re still not allowed to show some entitlement, eventhough it would make the subscription better for you naive people too. Instead of complaining about complaints, you should be thanking us to do it on your behalf. I’m not saying not to give credit where due, but that is simply not the case here.

52.2

Completely agree with Stonesthrow here.

Since when did people because such pushovers and just accept what’s shoveled their way? If something isn’t right, we need to come together as a community and try to change it — not just bend over and submit.

Having said that, I personally think this is a great month, and from the comments in the blog, so do many other people. The polar opposite to last month, really…

Journey and Badland! Looking forward to this month!

Played LotF when it was available on GWG. Not my type of game but people who like the souls games might find some fun in it.

Best lineup for years but still pretty bad.

woohoo 3/3 ps4 games :D never tried lords of the fallen

Prey the sun

Im subscribed to PS Plus until 2033 :)

57.1

You officially belong in the nut house. :)

57.2

I hope thats wall nuts :)

But seriously, I won 15 years like last week :)

57.3

Oh in that case I guess it makes sense :) Congratulations, you get free online like how it’s supposed to be :)

counterUAVbaby 31 August, 2016 @ 17:47

That’s a great line-up, Too many games for PS3 and that’s fantastic! Thanks Sony, but I want to see what will happen over the next months before I renew again as a PS3 owner.

Good line up this month – just can’t believe I finally bought Journey and played through in July!

morgansdad89021 31 August, 2016 @ 17:58

I’m more than happy with it. I’m interested in Lords of the Fallen so that’s good enough for me lol.

Yeah, your comment embody the low expectation we have for psn+.

A fantastic month.

And Look! The Vita is getting Vita games! Hopefully a new upwards trend? :D

Finka_Karfein 31 August, 2016 @ 18:04

All games I’m interested in I already have (Journey, Datura, Amnesia) but nevertheless it’s a nice line-up.

Move players – please, give Datura a try with the motion controller, it’s quite good.

That’s a really nice line up. It makes a nice change and it’s a good improvement. I hope to see the service continue like this a bit more often. Even though Lords of the Fallen and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands isn’t for me due to already having Lords of the Fallen on Xbox GWG and already owning Prince of Persia since release, it’s still a really good line up. Will surely get to play Journey as it was never something I’d pay money for so looking forward to that

You will not be disappointed with Journey :)

Excellent lineup Greg I’ve been wowed ! More like this in October Please :D

Wow, good games

I like this lineup.

Rather of had a decent indie game than Lords of the fallen to be fair. I suppose I can give it another chance but I don’t have much hope for it.

CossieLover1369 31 August, 2016 @ 18:33

Pretty decent this time around! Keep it up guys!

best line up i’ve seen in a long time, looking forward to playing it all :D

nice collection up for this month..

Not that bad, Journey’s still one of my favs, I highly recommend playing through it at least once, it was an almost ‘cathartic experience’ for me the first time.

LotF, I’m not hot about, but I guess I can try it risk-free, now. Not bad.

The PS3 offering is rather meh, I guess, but I’m playing Yakuza 5 anyway, so no loss there.

Vita, hmmm, I’m not sure what to expect from Badland, but I’ll find out. The other’s a visual novel? So not really a game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m reading Steins;Gate, at the moment, and really enjoy it, it just isn’t a game, as in a regular novel not being a game, either. For me. I just hope at least this one doesn’t only have japanese voices. The lazy localization issue aside, since Vita is more of a niche gaming console, I’m all for more of that. Except Conception 2. That one should be called ‘Pedophile’s Paradise’, and then banned, or burned. Or the game should be banned and the developers burned? Oh, I’m rambling, sorry.

70.1

You know Visual Novels should always be in Japanese. Given the context where most of them are located. Steins;Gate centers in Tokyo, i don’t expect the characters to talk perfect English. I was once laughing with a German dub of a Korean movie called Oldboy.. That took so much away from that film. (Now that i see your flag, you are from Germany, sorry)

Ha, watched the same Oldboy german dub crap. But german dubs and translations are generally crap, especially in video games. Actually I just need a decent english dub. I don’t plan on learning Japanese, and being forced to read through all the subtitles is ghastly, especially in cutscenes (not the case for a vn, I know). Plus, I just can’t stand that terrible japanese overoveroveracting in the voices, simply annoying. Although I have to say that the voices in Steins;Gate are mostly well, Okarin being the exception. Tutturu!

Do you remember last month SCEE When you give us another game because you repeated a game that was on plus before.

Journey also been on plus before.

71.1

No it hasn’t. You’re wrong.

71.2

You sure about that think back 2012.

Oh look it there for PS3 For free saved £9.99

Onlyrealmatze 31 August, 2016 @ 20:12
71.3

You might want to read your article again, it clearly says that you can BUY Journey one week earlier.

Show more replies

I’m in the bizarre situation where I can’t really complain about the games, but none of them excite me. Journey is, of course, excellent – but I’ve finished it three times before. Lords Of The Fallen – it’s got ok reviews, but I’ve heard several people on podcasts say its absolutely terrible – anyone here vouch for it? Badland is a mobile game I didn’t enjoy on Android, I imagine it’ll be even less fulfilling on a console. Oddly enough the one I’m most interested in is Datura on PS3. Awful reviews but it looks interesting enough to hold my attention for the couple of hours it takes to finish. Amnesia – not a huge fan of visual novels, is this one worth playing? Overall it’s a step in the right direction, at least. I can’t help thinking there are dozens of potential PS4 games that would be good candidates for the service – Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, Shadows Of Mordor, Killzone, Dragonage Inquisition… loads of older games that would be perfect.

72.1

I’m a big fan of Visual Novels, haven’t played Amnesia. I believe it’s a Otome Visual Novel, so that means it’s a girls love story. Will check it out though :).

Journey, I just bought the collectors edition last month :\ typical ha. Great game though. I was hoping for watch dogs from the rumours. Can’t complain for free games though.

it’s not free, you paid for it already

not so bad, i might renew.

Great month, just in time because i was ready to cancel renewal for plus. Thanks Sony.

Inherentdragon 31 August, 2016 @ 19:24

Well impressed this month,apart from Prince Of Persia (which is an amazing game itself)I don’t have any of the games and all of them look pretty decent!:)

Cool Line Up, Im In :)

fanofeverything 31 August, 2016 @ 20:02

Oooo! Journey And Lords Of the Fallen! Huh Maybe That’s Reason Why Sony Increased The PS plus Price To $60. To Have Quality Gaming Unlike Last Month, I Guess This Is Sony’s Way of Saying “I’m Sorry About Last Month We [DELETED] Up So We’ll Give You These Games How’s That”? Well Sony Apology Accepted. Goooood Goooood.

Bought Journey on plus discount last week & now it’s free. Bit annoying.

ahmed_emad241 31 August, 2016 @ 20:25

And again xbox live beat playstation plus. Last year over playstation , gonna change into xbox ✋✋

Are you serieus…. i just bought the Journey pack in the recent sale…. great.

Had lords of the fallen when it first come out and i did not enjoy it very slow action and stupidly hard? Badlands is free on smartphone and played it 3 years ago and journey just does not look my type of game? Wish they put watchdogs on instead of lords of the fallen? An other disappointing month for me, not to surprised 2 be honest

one more month before my plus is expired….

no need to renew based on 1 AAA title per year (NBA 2K)..
the rest was indi or AA or extended demo’s….

no assassins,no knack,nothing….
even the PS3 had better games this year.

unfortunatly ,sony don’t want to enable the “download”-update for a small fee if you own the game on PS3 (and insert disc in PS4)..

What an absolutely poor line up – again. I got LotF with Gold, and it really isn’t good. For the last 2 or 3 months, Watch Dogs & Red Dead have been rumoured, and Sony have yet again failed to deliver.

84.1

LOL, do people really believe such rumours? They’re always basically users whining for titles not so great to buy them anyway, hence the delay in purchase.

84.2

And that is exactly why the Xbox One is outselling the PS4 – they offer better games in GwG, and give backwards compatible (which Sony more than likely never will).

Journey is one of my all-time favourite PS3 games. It may be quite short, but I’ve played it at least half a dozen times.

Well done Sony – another pile of crap. Games with Gold is ruining you atm.

Really? This is what we get? After August aka the month of disappointment, we get this. What ever, smh.

I feel like I dumb dumby, I bought Journey months ago and never played it. Still, good line up!

Another month, another set of games I’d never purchase. My money automatically goes towards a lot of racing/driving games, and very little else is considered.
Love that I get such a wide variety of games to try out each month. Some are junk, some I love, but they’re all good for free.

ColdAsIce_Qube 31 August, 2016 @ 21:29

Journey on PS4 is stunning. For those who haven’t played it, you’re in for a treat. First video game soundtrack to be nominated for a Grammy! (And with good reason too. Austin Wintory’s soundtrack is stunning.)

Why did you put Journey on Sale couple of weeks before and then including it in the free games lineup? i actually bought Journey when it was on sale. The last time i’m buying a game from ps store.

great month!!!! this made my day

Absolute rubbish update. Lords of the Fallen a maybe. The rest total crap. Just my opinion.

93.1

Just keep your head up in the AAA clouds. I’ll pray for you.

People complain and demand way way too much. It is good to see the positive comments, but the rest are just painful to see. If I am not happy with a line up, I just think to myself, “well there is always next month, no big deal.” Most of you people seem to think you are entitled to high dollar games every month. I am pretty sure that Sony has to pay for these Plus games. It is cheaper to pull from their indie surplus for a lesser cost, then shell out no telling how much for tripple A. So please, if you don’t like it, keep it to yourself and wait for the next month.

94.1

And most of those AAA games (like Watch Dogs and stuff) are overrated crap anyway

94.2

That’s all well & good, but I’ve waited for 3 or 4 months now for anything even half decent.

Nightmareofkaito 01 September, 2016 @ 09:14
94.3

Well I don’t think it’s to much to ask for a similar level of service to your competitor lets look at games with gold shall we, earth lock festival of magic a classic jrpg like indie looks really well designed and has the magic of most classic jrpgs, assassins Creed china a 2d assassins Creed not my cup of tea but at least looks good, forza horizon one of the best last gen racers really great game, mirrors edge is just epic and with PlayStation disappointment awaits. I don’t think it’s to much to ask to offer assassins Creed 4 ps4, pier solar ps4, gran turismo 6 ps3, house of the dead overkill ps3 , and leave the vita games as they are. Really disappointed in the PlayStation offerings this month oh well at least I don’t need to waste money on a subscription this month when games with gold is offering a far better service more consistently.

Journey was on discount – week ago I just bought it. It is very hard to buy something if next 1 or 2 month will be in PS+.

95.1

I know the feels but you need to give more for devs that don’t sell in millions like with GTA series. I can pay 200 PLN for Yakuza day one but I’d accept GTA V only for 20 PLN or sth like this since they have enough money from the rest of the players.

Good Lineup – of course that only happens with games that I already own :D

Journey alone is worth the sub this month for everyone that never played it.
Lords of the Fallen is… not as good as it should be. And sadly quite buggy, still.
Badland is a lot of fun on the PS4, sadly kinda choppy on the Vita.

The other three I never played. For some reason I never got into the Prince of Persia series, the only VN I liked was the Metal Gear Solid one (Art by Ashley Wood is always worth it), and Datura, although it does work without Move, comments around the web make it seem like Move is almost necessary to enjoy it (it is recommed to use it, after all). So I’m not sure I will try these, as time is not something I have a lot of, right now.

Still, good month with some good games :)

AlucardTepes_DE 01 September, 2016 @ 01:52

Well at least Amnesia: Memories is a good title. Not a bad month for Plus, I must say.

Been looking at getting Journey for some time now but usually go and buy something else. Finally I can play it :O

I borrowed Lords of the Fallen for free from my local library, and tries hard to be like Dark Souls but doesn’t manage to pull it off, it’s not very good. Still, as a free game people might get some enjoyment out of it, but I was really hoping for something better this month to justify a PS+ price rise.

Journey on the other hand is great, but I find it strange that anyone excited for it doesn’t own it already given how often it’s been on sale.

Yep, finally a good month…and some seriously smart marketing going on here.

Present one good month, to give subscribers the false impression that the price increase is justifiable. Sign me up for another year, Sony. I’m gullible.

100.1

First their sneaky way of presenting online costs this gen, then the awfully discriminative choice to combine it with PS+ (no issue for initial subbers, total ripoff for everyone else), then consistently dropping the ball entirely on the no-longer-optional service. 3 years they’ve been keeping this up and some people still manage to glorify their ways. But hey, at least we got to vote on a set of presented games once or twice and finally got a somewhat generally decent update for the first time since mandatory online.

I wouldn’t call it smart marketing at all, though. Wouldn’t that entail the customer being none the wiser as opposed to feeling like being robbed out in the open so consistently (although that goes for some of them, but they probably can’t see it from the perspective of someone subbing strictly for online)?
A good way for them to make more money, for sure, but at the price of their general long-standing reputation, which can’t be great for marketing in the long run.

Probably the best line-up since the launch of the PS4. Keep this going!

Never played Journey. I can finally do it <3

did’nt like the title. you could have give us more better 3A games.

103.1

Spoiled much?

103.2

if i compare with Ps3 Plus games it is indeed . Sony has been doing good job at last genaration. i’ve seen 2 3A games in 1 month like(Bioshock infinite ,crysis3 , Hitman absolution etc) However all we shall see at this new genaration ( or interim gen) Rubbish indies & some more empty games . this is not acceptable. even though the xbox one users have got 4 games per month and they are mostly 3a games .

Because for the price of a coffee, you should get two full price AAA games per month?

Entitlement at its finest

Show more replies
Schumann-brahms 01 September, 2016 @ 06:22

Good line up! Damn I just purchased Journey, but finally a good line up. This should be the model every month. One AAA and one quality Indie game.

104.1

not agreed. i’ve played journey on ps3 & ps4 .So i can say that as a Journey fan lad, journey s quite awesome game. but sadly mostly rubbish games try to be like ” Journey ” itself however they cant be eventually. if Anyone ve got Ps plus membership since Ps3 generation, we could see ” the plus lines ” are been rubbish so far . i d want to 2 3A games from Sony ( AS they’ve done at last genaration)

This close to buying LoTF the other day. Phew!!
Great month for PS Plus members!! Thanks Sony, really good line up. I know it can’t be this good every month but for the love of God, no more PSP titles on Vita. Looking forward to trying out my first VN though ;)
Thanks again xx

105.1

I bet you wouldn’t grumble about Suikoden which is a PSP title :P

Actually quite okayish lineup, i might even resub just for one month because wanted to buy LoTF before.