Posted

New Uncharted 4 Multiplayer map launches today in new game update

Plus, new optimisations, features and DLC items for Naughty Dog’s latest

It’s been just over a month since we launched Lost Treasures — our first multiplayer DLC update for Uncharted 4 multiplayer, which introduced a new map, new weapons, a new Mystical, our revamped Rank System, and more.

Since then we’ve been hard at work on our next major multiplayer DLC release and gathering player feedback as we continue to evolve the multiplayer experience. One comment we see and hear the most is “release more maps!” Rest assured, we’ve heard you loud and clear and today we’re excited to introduce New Devon, an all-new multiplayer map launching today in Uncharted 4.

Like all of our DLC, New Devon is available for all players as part of a free update. Inspired by the Uncharted 4 campaign, New Devon is set in the lush ruins of an abandoned pirate colony. It’s one of our largest maps to-date and features wide open exteriors with elevated vantages for those who prefer long-range engagements. If you’re more of a run-and-gun player, don’t worry, there’s no shortage of tight corridors for close-quarters combat.

Get a taste of what awaits you in New Devon via the trailer below:

Alongside the launch of New Devon, we’re also introducing an array of changes and improvements to Uncharted 4 multiplayer, including new ways to earn Relics and unlock Multiplayer items. Now, in addition to completing Challenges, players can acquire relics by completing and winning matches.

We’ve also added Premium DLC Skins and Pre-Set outfits to DLC Vanity Chests, giving players a chance to unlock Premium vanity items at a reduced Relic cost. This Friday, 2nd September, we’re also kicking off a sale in the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Store, offering discounts from 33% to 37% on all Relic chests until Friday, 16th September.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer

For our more competitive players, the 1.12 update also includes updates to Ranked Team Deathmatch and a new set of rewards for Season 2. We’ve taken the community’s feedback to heart and with these changes, we’re aiming to make the competitive experience more rewarding for solo players. Be sure to swing by the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End website for more details on Ranked Team Deathmatch Season 2 and full list of updates in 1.12.

As we’ve said before, there’s plenty more to come in Uncharted 4. In September, we’ll be launching our new DLC update, which will add a new map, gametype, personalisation items, and more. We’ll be sharing more news about our next DLC drop soon, so keep an eye on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat pages.

In the meantime we hope you enjoy New Devon and we’ll see you online!

15 Comments
0 Author replies

What about the peaceful resolution trophy glitch!?!?

Carnivius_Prime 31 August, 2016 @ 22:16

Downloading now (been at rehearsal this evening). I play Uncharted4MP almost every day. It’s the main reason my PS4 is switched on (other than watching videos via Media Player and catch up services). :D Easily my game of the year and of this console generation. :)

I gotta get back to this. I’m sure being out of practice isn’t going to be too brutal. :'(

The Village map from Uncharted 2 is coming back!
I wonder if ND will tweak it a bit to accommodate all the new mechanics?
Hopefully it’ll still have the tank rolling through mid match.

Carnivius_Prime 01 September, 2016 @ 11:49
4.1

I hope they do update it. It’s gonna feel a bit weird playing a map on Uncharted 4 that doesn’t have anywhere to swing from. :P

Good point.
I hadn’t even thought of that…
Also, nice avatar!

Carnivius_Prime 01 September, 2016 @ 13:23
4.3

you too, fellow ghostbuster! :)

“One comment we see and hear the most is: release more maps!”

You must be a bit blind and deaf. People want more game modes and the return of co-op. I’ve platinumed U4 and I’m bored by the cheap MP. I’ve spent hundreds of hours in co-op adventure/arena in U2 and U3, but U4 has been gathering dust since I finished it.

They’re bringing co-op in the autumn though aren’t they?
Pretty sure they’re not just lazing around with everything already done.
I reckon it’s better ND take their time, get it right and give us a fully featured co-op mode rather than some tacked on half-baked effort.
Just have a bit of patience eh?

Carnivius_Prime 01 September, 2016 @ 13:25
5.2

yes they have had a ‘Roadmap’ of the multiplayer up for ages and states Co Op is coming in Autumn. It’s a big update so requires much testing I assume. I really miss those modes so am eager for them but I’m happier that the game was released with them to come in a later update rather than have to wait for the whole package all at once.

AHMED-RASHED-94 01 September, 2016 @ 20:55

(Y)

EquilibriumStone 02 September, 2016 @ 02:23

So far many changes but for the better as i must say. Really important also is to consider map voting and keep bringing if not new at least many classic maps (i noticed village! :D). Im guessing there will be tweaks or extensions of the levels maybe? Also you could include three team deathmatch as a classic mode and keep the rest as it is. I have nothing else to say but congrats so far.

Not sure exactly what algorithms are being used by ND to generate maps for gameplay, but I’ve had about 20-25 games since the new map’s launch and haven’t been able to get a single game on New Devon, both Command & Team Deathmatch.

Also, what’s with the scarcity of maps? One map being released per update? I remember multiplayer DLCs in U2 and U3 had bundles of at least 4 maps. Even your forthcoming DLC has just one map (Village)? Please bring back all the old maps remastered as there is a serious dearth of maps in Uncharted 4.

8.1

One new map per month at no additional cost and you’re not happy? What’s wrong with people? More developers need to take a note of what naughty dog are doing here with their DLC roadmap. It’s the future of gaming!

We want uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer remastred and splitscreen for uncharted 4 multiplayer

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history