Posted

Danganronpa 1&2 Reload coming to PS4 in 2017

Monokuma makes the move from handheld to your home console

I was talking about that with my coworker a little while back — about how sad it was that PS4 owners were missing out on some of the quirkiest characters and greatest storytelling of our time — and then he had an idea.

What if we talked with developer Spike Chunsoft and they brought Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair to PS4?

Well, guess what? That’s exactly what’s happening in early 2017 with Danganronpa 1&2 Reload, dood!

You read that right. Monokuma’s making his mark on PS4 in early 2017 in Europe. All of you awesome PS4 owners will finally be able to enjoy the maniacal machinations of this murderous bear in the comfort of your own home.

This endeavor on the PS4 will mark the first time Danganronpa has been on home consoles in Europe, and we’re really excited to see everyone’s reaction!

Is there more to come? We’ll see! Puhuhuhu…

25 Comments
0 Author replies

Excellent news! Finally on a system that more than 3 people own.

1.1

The PS Vita is way more popular among gamers than you think.

Even i don’t like Vita very much but i think your words are harsh for the players who play it and enjoy themselves.

1.3

Oh come on, it was a joke. No need to be so sensitive about it all. My sincere apologies to the Vita community for any deep offense my harsh words have inflicted.

Looney_The_Great 04 October, 2016 @ 18:24

Will they be availible seperately? I’ve played 2 already , but i’m interested in playing 1 since I only watched the Anime.

Sad to see it leave Vita. But on the other hand its great more people get to play these incredible games. Can’t wait to play them again next year. Upupupu~

3.1

It’s not “leaving vita”, its still on vita but its going to be on ps4 too. I don’t see why you are sad about it…

NorthernFusion 05 October, 2016 @ 14:16
3.2

He’s referring to the fact that it was an exclusive.

jellyhedgehog 04 October, 2016 @ 18:37

I played the PC port. A problem I had was playing it on the big screen took away some of the personality. Playing these games on a small handheld is like emersing yourself into a book. You get lost inside the narrative and really involved in the gameplay. This is kinda good news as I love the series but like persona I’d prefer a brand new episode of Danganronpa on PS4 that can be a fresh take. I feel like this is more of a test run to see if people will play on a big screen and then maybe they’ll develope a new one for PS4 only.

I guess it’s good news, but… I already read them on Vita and… I don’t think that PS4 is a good place to play games that require a lot of reading.

reggyx3clover 04 October, 2016 @ 19:55
5.1

Agree

Henshin_a_go_go 04 October, 2016 @ 20:11

Physical disc?

Finally!! YAY!!!

– Physical release in mind for US or EU?
– Any Collector’s?

How much I waited for a PS4 release.
I don’t have a Vita and my PC can’t run it..

You will have my support.

I love Danganronpa in theory but the script/dialogue is awful. For something that calls itself a visual novel, it really needs a better writer. Perhaps something is lost in translation?

It’s because it is animu my friend. We can only get so far.

I hope future titles are still released on the Vita…

9.1

New danganronpa V3 is coming for ps4 and vita on 12 January in Japan. I’m pretty sure they are going to release it for both systems in the west :-)

burntbreadman 05 October, 2016 @ 13:12
9.2

But will it be physical too XD
Visual novels (or games heavy on text) will always feel home on the Vita for me

TachikomaShiki 04 October, 2016 @ 21:32

Amazing news! Would love to play these games again :)

Oh Heck YES!! Day one purchase. Please put Dagonronpa 3 on PS4 too :D

madmanwithabox12 04 October, 2016 @ 22:04

Favorite series.

“I’ve heard more than a few people despair about the fact that the Danganronpa games have only been on the handheld market.”

Yes, those people are what’s known as… The Problem. ;D

Sill, this Vita betrayal is so despairful in it’s own way. Puhuhuhu >=D

Will it support more languages, like German and French and so on?

So I have already played these on my Vita… Anyway difference? Something added?

SatoshiOokami 05 October, 2016 @ 08:30
14.1

It’s a compilation. It’s 1 game that covers both games.
But solo games obviously go deeper since they are separate.

I’m actually surprised it’s Reload that get ported to PS4 and not both games.

Finally! I was never, ever going to buy a Vita for two games (or at all), but I really want to play these!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history