Posted

Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition races into Europe

Celebrate the return of 2D blue hedgehog platforming action with special release

Today is a good day, European Sonic fans. Following a huge amount of support, we’re proud to announce that the Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition is coming to Europe, exclusively on Amazon! Beginning today players in the U.K., Spain, France and Germany can order their own piece of the Mania party.

The Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition comes packed with an impressive statue of Sonic on a Sega Mega Drive, standing at over 30cm. It also comes with a cast game cartridge that houses a beautiful golden ring, and a special Metallic Collector’s Card. (As you can probably guess, the gold ring isn’t literally made of real gold. Maybe next time.)

Sonic Mania is a brand-new 2D adventure that takes the hedgehog back to his glorious 90’s sidescrolling roots. Play as Sonic, Tails the Fox, or Knuckles the Echidna as you battle the villainous Dr. Eggman across a mix of brand new Zones and re-imagined Classics, presented in ways you’ve never seen before.

To call this a love letter to fans is a bit of an understatement – the very people working on the game are those who grew up with Sonic long ago!

Developed by a talented combination of Christian Whitehead, HeadCannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with SEGA, Sonic Mania is releasing in Spring of 2017 – and we can’t wait to hear what everyone will think of it.

This limited Collector’s Edition is only available for a short time, so if you’re on the fence about ordering now or later, don’t miss out! We hope all our fans across Europe are excited to hear the news – because, quite frankly, we’re stoked to be bringing it to you, too!

Questions or comments? Ask away in the comments below, and we’ll respond wherever we can. Happy Friday everyone! Check out the Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition reveal trailer below.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

34 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Will it be available in Russia?

Carnivius_Prime 17 October, 2016 @ 11:27 am   2

I’m no Sonic fan myself but I’m tempted to order this for my best friend cos she loooves Sonic and Mega Drives and such. £80’s a bit much for a christmas present. If she was my girlfriend then I would happily do so. Or maybe buying this would make that happen? :O

beautifuldedgirl 17 October, 2016 @ 11:51 am

Would not hedge my bets that a Sonic collectors edition will take you out of the friend zone dude.

Less than £10 a week between now and Christmas.

Worth it just for the chance.

Carnivius_Prime 17 October, 2016 @ 12:13 pm

Oh it says it’s not out til Spring 2017. I’d have to give her a christmas card that says ‘merry christmas, your present will arrive sometime in spring… have patience… also i love you and stuff’ 😛

Setting the bar at £80!!?? I hope you have a lucrative income! 😀

Aaron Webber 17 October, 2016 @ 5:42 pm

As Beautifuldedgirl mentioned, The Friend Zone is the hardest zone to clear. Good luck!

andrewsqual 18 October, 2016 @ 1:57 pm

@Aaron Webber You just turned that into the most awesome Sonic joke ever. Well done. 🙂

Suzuki_SP-37 17 October, 2016 @ 11:33 am   3

Will the Collector’s Edition for PC be available, too?

I’d get this if it was a physical Ps4 copy of the game instead of digital. Yes I know this game is digital only. It’s just for that much money, I want the game as well – not a licence.

70 dollars on Amazon US, £57 quid?
And they’re selling it to us for £80? 😛

tenshi_alpha 17 October, 2016 @ 3:33 pm

I guess they are expecting the £1 to have dropped that far by the time it is released. 🙁

Pazknallie 17 October, 2016 @ 3:03 pm   6

Well that sucks. I still can’t buy this thing because I don’t think Amazon ships to the Netherlands. £80 is way too expensive by the way, it only costs $60 in the US.

True. I would like to get it but I’m not paying that when it’s a lot cheaper elsewhere.

Mine is ordered 🙂 now i will wait a few weeks and tell the missus!!

ThroughTheIris56 17 October, 2016 @ 6:13 pm   8

What’s the point in a collector’s edition without a physical copy of the game?

I’m probably getting the collector’s edition, but a disc copy would make the deal much sweeter.

And it’s sold out.

That was quick.

Fusion2work 17 October, 2016 @ 9:37 pm

It’s nice to know that they willing to manufacture enough for Europe to satisfy demand………

Fusion2work 17 October, 2016 @ 9:22 pm   11

Great… now i forced to buy it from the US becouse it’s sold out in amazon UK. Great…. that’s just great…….

HokageFrederic 18 October, 2016 @ 4:47 am   12

Wow this is great!

fain2daniel 18 October, 2016 @ 8:20 am   13

pfff collectors edition without physical copy of the game… interesting.

RandyVie86 18 October, 2016 @ 11:07 am   14

This is cool, but Belgium get’s nothing 🙁 we don’t have Amazon, ordering from Amazon.DE will get me a german version (no way thank you), UK site doesn’t deliver most goods to BE… :'(

reggyx3clover 18 October, 2016 @ 1:45 pm   15

Aww shucks no Vita version :'(

SwissColony 19 October, 2016 @ 12:40 pm

Vita version would indeed be nice. My first (and second) Sonic Game was on the Sega GameGear.

CoolRichy007UK 18 October, 2016 @ 6:20 pm   16

Vita has died ages ago hence all future ps4 games are for ps4 only (Sorce internet)

flatspikes 18 October, 2016 @ 6:53 pm

Anything western yup. Anything Japanese probably not. Indies still seem to make it over some of the time too. But a Sega game… highly unlikely.

Hey, Aaron! I don’t have a Xbox One or PS4, just PS3 and 360… I want to download a PC copy of Sonic Mania and also want a collector’s edition! But there is no PC version (as of now) and there’s no point buying a PS4 version if I don’t have one. What do I do?? And if you know, will there be a digital PC version like North America?

jason-bridges 19 October, 2016 @ 8:30 am   18

It’s cool that you guys are bringing sonic back in 2d but why are we pretending this is the first time? Does sonic episodes 1 and 2 only released a couple of years ago not exist?

SwissColony 19 October, 2016 @ 12:34 pm   19

I find it astonishing that all future PS4 games will only be for PS4 only! What next, Xbox One games only for Xbox One?

Nero_Vice 19 October, 2016 @ 1:52 pm   20

Pre-ordered the moment I saw it! So hype for this game. MORE CLUES

CoolRichy007UK 19 October, 2016 @ 6:49 pm   21

Its just a box with a code

OMG I like sonic but this should be on vita, not too mention it would be a perfect fit on the vita, I didn’t buy a ps4 to play sonic and I didn’t buy a vita to have no games for it lol

kristyeleni865 5 November, 2016 @ 2:55 am   23