Posted

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture heads up November’s PlayStation Plus line-up

Atlus’ sci-fi romp The Deadly Tower Of Monsters also inbound

Today we’re happy to share your PlayStation Plus games for November. Have a happy Halloween and enjoy this month’s games!

First up this month we have Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. The talented developers at The Chinese Room bring us what many call the spiritual successor to Dear Esther. Set in a small, deserted English town, it’s your job to find out what happened to its missing inhabitants. Featured on several game-of-the year lists, this is a beautiful title with an incredible soundtrack.

Next up is The Deadly Tower of Monsters. Have you ever wanted to play through your favourite sci-fi B-movie as if it were a video game? Of course you have. That is exactly what Atlus and developers ACE team have made happen. Add in a clever director’s commentary and there’s a lot to enjoy in this sci-fi cult classic.

Here’s the full line-up, available to download from 1st November:

151 Comments
0 Author replies

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

1.1

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

1.2

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

chrisandsheva 26 October, 2016 @ 20:20
1.3

can you add a third option? ie, niether, just subbing for mp ‘privalages’ :( would be interested to see how many (if any on this post/forum) votes that would get, thanks.

Show more replies

Good. Wanted to buy “Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture” and now it’s on Plus. Glad i waited.

NEARLY bought it last week in the buy 2, get 50% off sale but there was nothing else I wanted with it.

2.2

It’s a very good game, I guess you’d call it a walking simulator. It could easily get a VR patch in future. The look, feel and ambient noise really add up to something. I just wish I hadn’t missed all of the optional content when I played.

1 PS4 game i already own, 1 PS4 game that looks average at best, 2 PS3 games that look good but who honestly still has their PS3 still hooked up? time to drop 1 or both of the PS3 offerings i feel, and 2 mobile games for VITA.

3/10 must try harder.

Both “mobile” games for Vita are also crossbuy with PS4. Essentially 4 PS4 games if you’re inclined.

Plenty of people have their PS3 hooked up still, I’m sure – though we’d need full numbers of active users (there’s an estimated count of 65m active PS4 users (at 1.8 users per console).

3.2

No reason not to have the PS3 hooked up, a decade worth of games still to platinum which are selling really cheap on sales now, still some new releases and a couple of games a month from plus. You must be really starved for space if you have it sitting in a box now.

Finka_Karfein 26 October, 2016 @ 17:50
3.3

I love my PS3 line-up much more than PS4’s. And I return to the console every now and then. There is a lot of titles missing from PS Now and it’s not available in my country.

Show more replies

A boring walking simulator and a mediocre action game (the demo was awful to be honest). Well, we knew it was coming, nothing lasts forever, shame that Costume Quest 2 isn’t cross play…

ste_the_legend 26 October, 2016 @ 16:41

Any good reason why the Ps4 version of Costume Quest 2 can’t be included?

It’s not cross-buy and commercial decision to just offer PS3 version. It is almost always the case that when a game isn’t cross-buy it is only one specific version on PS+.

ste_the_legend 27 October, 2016 @ 11:35
5.2

I said any GOOD reason :p

Pretty weak lineup again. Maybe its time to change the Instant Game Collections / PS+ games tact. If native backwards compatibility isn’t going to come to PS4 / PS4 Pro via downloadable titles, maybe switch PS+ to a 1 “main” PS4 game and then include PS Now instead of the PS3/Vita titles? That way, PS3 and Vita owners still get access to a collection of games, along with PS4 players too.

This is a good idea

ste_the_legend 26 October, 2016 @ 17:03
6.2

How much money can PS Now actually be making Sony? There’s a few semi-rare PS3 games I wouldn’t mind playing but the £12.99 a month price point is just ridiculous. At this point in time I would probably be ok if they switched the PS3 / Vita selections to PS Now instead but I still think we should get 1 proper retail PS4 game per month and 1 indie PS4 title as well.

6.3

You won’t get a job in business that’s for sure lol
You can’t have backwards compatibility due to hardware mismatch(the cpu) of course.
Ps plus uses real PS3 on servers racks and would be impossible to supply everyone on plus.
Ps plus is like tesco home shopping, you get what your given.

Show more replies

Well I think this is an excellent month! Was planning in buying Costume quest and Everybody’s gone to the rapture so that’s saved me £10-20 straight off the bat. The deadly tower of robots also has good reviews so I’ll give that a try. I swear some people just moan for the sake of it! “This is a rubbish update because I own one of the games and the other one isn’t Battlefield 1 waaaa!” PS+ updates aren’t always good, a lot this year have been awful, but this month’s one really isn’t.

Hey guys, remember the last time someone complained about a newly released AAA title not being in PS Plus? Me neither.

I agree. I’m certainly not one to be shy to criticize Playstation, but both PS4 games are good titles. Heck, ‘The Deadly Tower of Monsters’ has a 90% approval on Steam! The PS3 games are good too and the Vita … well, it’s the Vita.

Decent lineup this month for both PS4 & PS3……BUT…….why have Letter Quest on sale and then put it in the IGC??

Just bought it the other day but I could have got it for free instead. I know it’s only £3.99 it cost but it’s yet another example of that ‘wonderful’ customer service Sony are ‘renowned’ for……..

Rapture was on sale last week too – part of a “Buy 2 games, save 50%” deal. I would’ve picked it up, but the other 27 games on offer, I either owned, or were not interested in.

ste_the_legend 26 October, 2016 @ 17:00
8.2

They did the same last month with BOTH the PS3 games. Obviously no forward planning at all. I’ve actually started avoiding the sales until I’ve seen the following month’s PS+ line-up in case it gets duplicated. Was holding off buying Murdered: Soul Suspect because I was convinced it would be a Plus title. I would ask for a refund but good luck getting one…

8.3

To make more money before they give it away free.. they do that all of the time.

Got Letter quest a couple of days ago and once again you are giving a game that is on a current sale *Golfclap*

A walking simulator great ….. Not

10.1

Fan of The Flash here :D

VictorAnalogy 26 October, 2016 @ 16:47

Ironic that the link to the spelling misspells “Remastered” as “Remasterd”. :D

Sad no PS VR games :(

ste_the_legend 26 October, 2016 @ 17:04
12.1

Why would they include a VR game when probably only 0.1% of PS4 owners have VR at this point in time.

Emperor_Mordred 26 October, 2016 @ 21:13
12.2

There are games with an optional VR modus like Thumper

Not bad but I’d feel more motivated to play these if we got the old trophy notifications back. It felt much more rewarding.

13.1

Have they gone somewhere? I’m not sure I like the new white backgrounds but other than that I hadn’t noticed they had changed.

Well I hope PlayStation keeps getting hacked where the hell is watchdogs what a rip off call yourself a games consoles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice collection this month, but where is the monthly trailer?

Emperor_Mordred 26 October, 2016 @ 17:14

I was hoping for some PSVR games instead of PS3 games.
Do people still play those?

Finka_Karfein 26 October, 2016 @ 17:50
16.1

I do. And often, I must add.

16.2

It can be a strange thing to you but actually some people own a console because they like its game archive , not because it is popular

warensembler83 26 October, 2016 @ 21:35
16.3

I actually wonder if anyone plays PSVR games…

Please fix the PS3 version of Minecraft Story Mode Episode 1 not being free when it should be. The PS4 version is indeed already free.

I hate walking simulators.

Luckily I didnt buy tower of monsters, because I played the demo. Meh

I am looking forward to the xbox scorpio.

20.1

good for you, you only gotta wait another 13 months or so

20.2

People like you should really move onto the xbox one. You are in the wrong side

20.3

Why should there be “sides” at all?
We all play games… why hate someone just because they play games on a different system?

Show more replies

No complaints here, I’ll be trying out everything (except EGTTR which I already have), great month!

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture is probably the most boring creation ever to make it to a Playstation console. The Monster Thing looks funny. Everything else: nah.

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture looks cool but it’s a walking simulator and I don’t like these games, while The Deadly Tower Of Monsters may interest me. The other games on PS3 and Vita don’t interest me. October’s IGC was great with Transformers and Resident Evil Remaster. November IGC I am not sure about it, but still it’s diverse thankfully.

Totally uninspiring yet again.

4 games for PS4? V.A.L.U.E.!

25.1

Couldn’t agree more, pretty impressive lineup. I love b-movies so can’t wait to get stuck into Deadly Tower of Monsters

Wow so many people,trying to defend this, in spite of the fact this is back to the usual indie barrage (even though there’s been a price hike in a lot of places). Seriously PlayStation people…stop acting like Nintendo fans, desperately trying to defend Sony when they’re being [DELETED].

26.1

You know not everyone is a gravedigger or a casual one. Some people really like playing indie rpg games like costume quest or cool action games like deadly tower. They defend the line-up because they like the games. I don’t see anything wrong here. Dont take everyting like people defending sony. Those type of people are in xbox

DoYouLikeMyID 26 October, 2016 @ 17:40

I’m very happy with both the PS4 games. I’ve considered buying both, especially EGTTR, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy those :)

I might check out the PS3 games since DiRT 3 got great reviews, and I’ve heard some people really like Costume Quest 2.

However, I don’t think I can be bothered with the Vita games, as they just don’t look interesting to me at all. Oh well, considering my Vita backlog already consists of about 50 games (many of them being very long games, too), at least my Vita backlog won’t grow even further this month. :P

Well i’m happy with this list, they all look great. And for those who always complain… IT’S 6 FREE GAMES!!! you want AAA titles? Go out and but em ya tight [DELETED]! lol Thanks again Sony for a great selection of free games to add to my download list. :)

Wow 6 free games how do I get them.

No replacement for Dead Star that is going offline just months after you gave it in IGC?

29.1

HA HA HA. Good one.

counterUAVbaby 26 October, 2016 @ 18:00

DiRT 3 for PS3 is a really really nice offering, but the others are really meh!

HumanError101 27 October, 2016 @ 15:42
30.1

Indeed. DiRT 3 was the best racer on the PS3. The Gymkhana stuff was super fun.

counterUAVbaby 26 October, 2016 @ 18:03

A follow-up comment. I still see people complaining about the PS3 offerings. Don’t think if they stop supporting PS3, they will give you better titles on PS4, it’s going to be the opposite. So yes be glad for having great PS3 titles.

31.1

Not necessarily. They could just give the 2 somewhat decent ps4 offerings they always have, and 4 worse ones. At least they’d all be relevant and playable by the people who have to sub for online on their current console. Sure, you’d no longer need to subscribe for ps3 or vita, but isn’t it about time they started fully focussing on this gen? We’re 3 years in now, probably already passed half the generation. We’ll probably get ps4 games on mandatory PS+ for ps5 this way -_- They already resold most of these old games as remasters by now anyway.
I have all consoles they offer games for and even I’d definitely prefer a full ps4 package. Not to mention those who only have a ps4 (and even worse if you only sub for online).

counterUAVbaby 26 October, 2016 @ 19:21
31.2

No mate it isn’t time to abandon PS3 yet. There is a huge library of games which still need to get the PS Plus treatment.

31.3

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I already got and played most of my last-gen library and don’t feel the need to subscribe to get more of it (can probably buy them cheaper to keep if there are any left) That goes double for Vita, which barely got any support to begin with and has been a waste of IGC space altogether from the very start.

Show more replies

Guys, is there any chance to add ‘Library’ option for PS Vita? You give many nice games in PS+ but present ‘Download list’ in PS Store is nearly unusable.

32.1

This. So much this. If I delete a game to make some room and then try to re-download it it I have to spend a looooooong time scrolling through the list.

Damn it! I had DiRT 3 in my wishlist for ages and just brought it this month 8(… Always bad timing with your PS+ and sales. I should learn not to buy games until they are either at a massive discount or free!…

Btw, next timw you have Max Payne 3 on sale, include the New Zealand store too, younalways forget about us!

counterUAVbaby 26 October, 2016 @ 18:21
33.1

Sorry to hear that mate, but at least you supported a great developer and publisher :) and you got a great game!

Nope going to pass this month but thanks I guess

Back to your old nasty ways of no AAA on current gen. That said, ps4 selection fairly decent. Already own Rapture, which is great, Deadly tower of monsters might be worthy of a download for a change. DIRT 3 for ps3 ok but not worth getting the ps3 out for. The rest neglectable as well. Go fully ps4 already, with guaranteed AAA.

The ps vita selection is… questionable but ps4 looks great. I’ve been wanting to play everybody’s gone to rapture for ages and it’s nice to see cool indie titles I haven’t heard of pop up. Deadly tower looks pretty cool :D

More FREE games more money im saving ????

How do I get these free games you speak of.

Not a terrible month, kind of ok. I don’t think we need AAA every month but maybe every other. I’ve been curious of everyone’s gone to the rapture so will get to give it a go.

For the record, as a Vita I’ve always been against removing it from the list but I haven’t played one of the vita games for months. The problem is what is the exit strategy, if you no longer support a console we should get to keep those games even if we don’t have a subscriptions as expecting us to keep subbed just to keep old games seems a bit much

Tranquil-Fury 27 October, 2016 @ 01:37
39.1

I would imagine that in order to stop supporting a console through PS+ Sony would have to give at least 12 months notice in order to let any subscriptions lapse.

What happened to the practice a year or two ago where you guys would actually give us CUSTOMERS a heads up whether games on sale were due on ps+ the following week?

Shoddy behaviour tbh.

40.1

Yep, Sony are getting worse every day! They have automated their online support services too, you might as well just type out your problem then delete it.. Pretty pathetic and extremely frustrating as a Sony customer!

Sony Europe used to ensure that games planned for PS+ wouldn’t go on sale immediately beforehand, and the European line-up would be different to other regions. However since the PS4 was released PS+ has been co-ordinated world-wide but the different regions still manage their own sales so they are no longer able to co-ordinate sales with PS+, i.e. left hand no longer knows what right hand is doing

I am happy with this line-up. I am not one of those gravediggers. So If the games are at least average ones, I am okay with it

I3loodthirsty 26 October, 2016 @ 21:01

I wish costume quest 2 had been in the ps4 ps+ line up or even in the halloween sale.

Before PS4 the monthly games were great and made PS Plus excellent value. Since PS4’s launch it’s been very poor for me. In those couple of years the line ups have produced only a couple of games with any appeal to me and most that do I have previously bought from the store. It seems from the comments I am far from being alone in this.

I think the vast majority would agree with you. PS+ wasn’t great initially but in the year before the release of the PS4 it was staggeringly good. That isn’t to say there haven’t been great games included in PS+ since but they are games that have a far more niche appeal, on PS3 we were getting big name titles with mass appeal every month. Although Games with Gold has had more big name full titles in recent times than PS+ it’s still had more than a few months which are no better and not up to the standard of the golden era of PS+ on PS3 that we will never see again sadly.

After attacking CDPR for attention I’ll avoid anything the devs of rapture make.

CoolRichy007UK 26 October, 2016 @ 23:48

Snow beta Best game ever you lovely people will enjoy Snow when it goes free for all b4 Christmas and get this Snow is cross platform ps4 and pc players share all servers really awesome for £15.99 and the ingame shop has loads of thing s buy with in game credits abit like gta5 cards to use to buy clothes ski’s snowmobiles events and mountains :D

45.1

Huh?

45.2

I’ll wait for Steep, it looks better and less micro-transactiony.

45.3

Commas, perhaps?

Un4Seen_______ 27 October, 2016 @ 00:33

Am I the only one to notice that Sony owes us an extra PS+ game? They gave us King’s Quest Ep1 (Dec 2015), when they did I thought that was strange because most if not all games that are released in episodes/chapters usually give the fist episode for free after a while (and it’s now free), I did not say anything then because I was curious to see if they where going to give us the other episodes which they didn’t, Sony, you owe use an extra PS+ game or the rest of the chapters.

Tranquil-Fury 27 October, 2016 @ 01:41
46.1

You’re not the only one to notice, Sonys silence on the matter is all the response you’re going to get from them about it though.

TheLordPegasus 27 October, 2016 @ 05:12

Rapture is a brilliant game and is a treat for everyone who didn’t own it.

love the games… i don’t have any of them and i want to try them all :) great month :D

How do you go from worse to even more worse…

I highly recommend anyone who is a fan of the 80s B-Movies aesthetic to check out the Deadly Tower of Monsters. Fun and attainable platinum too if you’re into trophies

50.1

I’ve played so much Destiny and Battlefield 1 recently, £40 per year for Plus isn’t bad value… especially with the + games. I can blow that in 4 or 5 hours drinking.

Grew up reading Psychotronic and Video Watchdog (R.I.P.) magazines, and watching an unhealthy amount of b-movies I can’t wait for Deadly Tower of Monsters (been so close to buying it a few times but held out for plus).

P.S. I do support games I’ve adored from ps plus, like buying Binding of Isaac’s and Don’t Starve’s dlc’s.

badgerboy1977 27 October, 2016 @ 12:25

Love Rapture, a great and memorable experience. Already own it but I’m happy for those that haven’t experienced it yet :)

Wow, it’s terrible. Good thing I’ve learned to expect terrible by now.

I wish I didn’t own the main game, that’s two months where I already owned it.

If u have not played Rapture yet seize the chance, outstanding experience!

Sony will be gone in less than twenty years, maybe ten. The playstation now carries the company. Clearly the way they “professionally” run this blog is indicative of the way they run the company.

I just had a look at The Deadly Tower of Monsters, I’m pretty happy to be getting that.

nathanmoore777 28 October, 2016 @ 23:59

YESSS!! Costume Quest 2.

Nah, think I’ll just save my money thanks.

All games are on the store now, but Everybody’s gone to the Rapture, when selected, results in a “This item isn’t available right now. Please try something else.” error.

All other games can be “purchased” and downloaded, except for this.

Same problem here.

Everybody’s gone to the rapture is unavailable….. whats going on??

60.1

I get the same error :|

BackwardsNinja 01 November, 2016 @ 13:31
60.2

Yup, same for me too. Very odd.

60.3

Same message here…

Anyone have trouble downloading EGTTR ? “Not available right now” :(

61.1

Yeah, I am. Come on Sony, I wanted to play this today.

PlayStation Store Plus
Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (this item isn’t available right now. try choosing something else)
????????????????????????

For everyone trying to download EGTTR, here is a little workaround. (for the store from the PC)

Add the game to your wishlist (by selecting the little heart icon), then from your wishlist you can add the game to you shopping cart and download it anyway.

Thx Buddy.

63.2

Thanks :)

BackwardsNinja 01 November, 2016 @ 15:43
63.3

The workaround doesn’t work for me, sadly. When I add it to the basket via the wishlist they want to charge me money for it, all the way up to the point of putting through the order. :( I’ll just wait, I guess! See when they fix it. Interesting that it worked for some but not for others. *shrugs*

Show more replies

Can’t even use the workaround as every time I log in to the Playstation store it kicks me out saying log-in failed.

Absolute clownshoes of a company, can’t even run a website that works.

I can’t download Dirt 3

Just finished the deadly tower of monsters. Short but a great game! Aside from the vita choices, a good month :D

Wild_Dark_Shadow 01 November, 2016 @ 18:02

Can’t download Dirt 3 right now, but the workaround for the Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture worked good. Thanks

Cannot download Everyones Gone to the Rapture, cannot even sign in to the store’s website. Class outfit…

When I try and download ‘Everybody’s gone to the rapture’ it says ‘this item isn’t available right now. Try choosing something else.’ Any idea when it will be available again?

Hi!

Please, make free The “Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture” PS4 game for the hungarian ps plus subscibers. Now If I click the game The PS Store send a message that “This item isn’t avaible right now. Try choosing something else.”.

Thanks and sorry my bad english.

70.1

I got the solution this issue. (THX http://playstationcommunity.hu/)

1. Go on PS Store and Click The PS Plus Monthly games section.
2. Add the “Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture” to your whislist. Don’t Click the game’s profile, just click the empty drawned heart. If you add this game your whislist the drawned heart will be filled.
3. Go to your whislist and buy this game.

That’s all.

Is DiRT3 available or was just in Portugal that it have been left out?!

Uriel_Wolfsbane 03 November, 2016 @ 10:49

Hi so I do have a little issue with this months line up. Isn’t DIRT 3 a free game? So why is it charging me 15 euros for it? Not cool Sony… NOT COOL

Well it should be available from 1st November…it’s the 3rd November…and DiRT3 is still not available for free to PS+ users (at least at the portuguese store). Is there anyone seeing these messagens…I guess NunoVale was the first who reported it….but…no answer…

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history