Posted

Visual novel compilation Zero Escape: The Nonary Games coming to PS4 and PS Vita in 2017

Two game bundle that includes HD remaster of Zero Escape: 999

Behold zero escapists! Aksys Games and Spike Chunsoft proudly announce that Zero Escape: The Nonary Games is making its way to the PS4 and Vita in Spring 2017!

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Exclusive to the PS4 and Vita consoles, The Nonary Games is a double pack collection of Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) and Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (VLR). Nonary Game uninitiated who missed out on these two mind-shredding titles before now have the perfect chance to grab both in one collection. Pretty great, right?

What’s that? You’ve already managed to escape the clutches of death and played both games through to completion? Fear not!  999 has been rebuilt from the ground up and now features HD graphics, as well as English and Japanese voice acting. Prepare to experience 999 as it was intended and lose yourself in unparalleled immersion.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

So what exactly is a Nonary Game? In essence, the game contains nine “players” or participants. You assume the role of one of these participants and compete towards a common goal. “No big deal, I love a good, friendly competition!” you say to yourself. Well, not so fast… The rules of each game vary from title to title, but the end goal is always the same: You must fight for survival and do everything in your power to escape with your life! That’s right, the price for losing this game is death. Did we mention that you’ve been “entered” against your will?

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

The main antagonist in both games is the enigmatic Zero. Who is Zero? What does Zero want? Why are you in this situation to begin with? Fair questions to be sure, but to answer any of these would simply ruin the experience!  A special feature of each Nonary Game is the implementation of a watch-like device, which is attached to each participant’s wrist. Unique to each game, the watch serves a few sinister functions, most notably as the very probable agent of your demise! Needless to say, your quest will focus on solving the mystery of your surroundings and successfully removing the lethal time piece.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

The Zero Escape franchise is renowned for its engrossing narrative and complex story, and The Nonary Games serves as the definitive version of the first two games.  For both the uninitiated and seasoned escapists, The Nonary Games is the perfect gateway into this deadly and thought-provoking world. Prepare yourselves gamers, Zero Escape: The Nonary Games makes its way to PS4 and Vita in Europe Spring 2017!

26 Comments
0 Author replies

Sweet Christmas!

jos, know this, I love you.

if it included zero time dilemma i’d definitely buy this for ps4. as it is it’s a bit stupid releasing this on ps4 but not being able to play the third game on the same console.

Yeah, what’s up with that Aksys Games?

Oo-MrSushi-oO 31 October, 2016 @ 17:12

It’s bad to don’t include ZTD but I hope it will be a physical release on Vita.

I hope the the first game will be available separately, remember VLR was a Plus game so many people already have it.

Will VLR have English voices?

Fantastic to finally hear some more news about it. Absolutely a day 1. Zero Escape is such a fantastic series.

Quick question, does this mean VLR will have a seperate trophy-list from the Vita version?

Oh my god… This is a big surprise, 999 – day-one for me.

DoYouLikeMyID 31 October, 2016 @ 17:31

Will there be a retail release this time, as opposed to Zero Time Dilemma (more specifically, on Vita)? And can I buy 999 seperately, seeing as I already own VLR both digitally and physically?

My indecision on whether to import the physical version of Zero Time Dilemma for a high price, or buy it significantly cheaper on the PS Store is what has kept me from buying ZTD yet. And I have a feeling this bundling in with a game I already own could well create that same indecision…

I’d love to just own all three games physically on Vita, as I really loved VLR, but I also don’t want to pay 80£ for 999 and ZTD if I can just buy them digitally for 40£ in total. I’m so conflicted :(

Will 999 be released on its own? VLR was a PS Plus game so some of us already have it. Also, will VLR have English voice acting now? The one that was released on Vita only has the Japanese dub in Europe.

reggyx3clover 31 October, 2016 @ 17:49

Yes!!! Thank you very much gonna be picking this on my vita. Is there a standalone version for 999 since most of the people have already bought Virtue’s Last Reward

ummagummachild 31 October, 2016 @ 18:04

Its like I could not wake up from a dream. First a sequel to Steins;Gate and now this…two of my most favourite games and two of the best ever narration and stories I hav ever came across. Although, I have already played VLR like most of the vita owners. I would still buy it for 999, if there isnt going to be a standalone version of 999. Thanks devs

100% in. Amazing. Already own the two on Vita, loved to get 999 on there as well.

Really? No Zero Time Dilemma on the PS4 version? I can understand not including it on the Vita since it can already be purchased by itself, but why not for the PS4? That game’s not available there. And don’t say that it’s because it can be played on the Vita TV, people that still has it don’t want to just take out the thing just to play it. It just makes no sense not having all three games in one collection.c

Welcome to my Vita!

This looks fantastic; hopefully it will get some new fans into the series.

Personally I’ve played VLR on my Vita and 999 on my iPhone (albeit with none of the room escape puzzles) so the PS4 version is rather tempting!

Great news! Always wished I had all the games on my Vita and now I will! Awesome

I finished the game on my DS but will play gladly again on PS Vita. And finally I’ll be able to force my friends into the series ]:-> They’ll stop saying that games are stupid and such.

I already have the DS/3DS versions and I don’t need HD, but if they came to PSVR I’d buy them again. Still, they’re great games, so the more people who get to play them the better!

ManikwithaNine 01 November, 2016 @ 15:07

Finally. I’ve been waiting to play 999 or whatever it’s called. I played virtues last reward when it first came out, then I found out about 999. I wanted to play that but I didn’t have a DS.

ManikwithaNine 01 November, 2016 @ 15:17

At first I thought this was coming out soon, like next month or something, but then I look at the date. Spring next year. Damn, I can’t wait that long.

“Exclusive to the PS4 and Vita consoles, ”

Lie.

Later that same day you guys confirmed its coming to PC too:

Should be sued for lying about this

And with this, all the best games will be on the best platform.
Glory to the Zero Escape!

Hopefully we are going to see cast soon.
Yuuichi Nakamura as Santa is a great choice, but I’m really wondering who’s going to voice Lotus and Seven =D

Just chiming in to say that, like everyone else, I hope 999 will be available on its own. Love these games and can’t wait to get 999 alongside VLR and ZTD on my Vita!

Yes!! Awesome news!!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history