Posted

Here’s the list of games that will be optimised for PS4 Pro on launch day

More than 30 titles updated on launch day, and 45+ by the end of 2016

Next Thursday, 10th November, sees the launch of PS4 Pro, our most powerful games console ever. Offering enhanced performance via boosted CPU and GPU, with resolution up to 4K, HDR imaging technology, and faster, more stable frame rates, it’s the ultimate way to enjoy your favourite videogames.

We know you’re eager to find out which titles will be the first to take advantage of the increased power and performance of PS4 Pro. The following 30+ titles will be optimised for the new hardware on launch day. Some games have updates to add Pro support, while more recent titles like Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare have Pro enhancements built into the base game. We’ll keep this list updated should additional titles be confirmed.

In addition to the titles listed above, more than 45 games will be optimised for PS4 Pro by the end of the year, including Watch Dogs 2, Killing Floor 2, The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV, with the likes of Nioh, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and For Honor to follow in early 2017.

Further to that, all first party software launched in 2017 and beyond, including Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone and Gran Turismo Sport, will enjoy the benefits of the world’s most powerful console.

We’ll be detailing select titles’ PS4 Pro enhancements right here on PlayStation Blog in the coming days and weeks. We’ve already heard from the Horizon Zero Dawn team at Guerrilla Games – look out for more soon.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

109 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

The Elders Scrolls Online: Skyrim Special Edition? I think you made a slight mistake there.

PFC_Hudson 3 November, 2016 @ 11:09 am   2

The Last of Us HDR patch looks amazing on my 4K HDR TV and that’s just an upgraded PS3 game!

I can’t wait to see what Uncharted 4 will look like as Naughty Dog truly are the masters in making games look and play beautifully

PsychoMania666 3 November, 2016 @ 11:10 am   3

Any PS4 Pro Support for Dishonored 2?

Lesh_0430 3 November, 2016 @ 11:30 am

Various lists around the web have listed Dishonored 2 as a title getting Pro support.

Fred Dutton 3 November, 2016 @ 1:13 pm

I believe it is indeed getting Pro support – as/when its Pro update is confirmed for launch day, we’ll add it to the list.

Fred Dutton 3 November, 2016 @ 3:35 pm

Dishonored 2 now confirmed – list updating shortly (also adding Thumper)

PsychoMania666 3 November, 2016 @ 3:44 pm

Cheers Fred, that is great news!

The fact that Driveclub has been actively ignored by Sony is a real shame. Pity it won’t be getting a Pro update, really wouldn’t take much on Sonys part to make this happen

PFC_Hudson 3 November, 2016 @ 11:14 am

It’s up to the developers Evolution Studios to make that happen, not Sony

Ben-Rogue 3 November, 2016 @ 11:18 am

@PFC_Hudson Sony shut Evo down, it’s Sonys decision to continue supporting the game since it’s technically a first party title

PFC_Hudson 3 November, 2016 @ 11:19 am

Umm no. Sony don’t have any obligation just because they closed the studio

If the studio is closed then you’re just going to have to accept isn’t not going to happen

Ben-Rogue 3 November, 2016 @ 11:43 am

@PFC_Hudson I didn’t say they had an obligation, what are you even on about? Did you even read my comment?

Fatal1ty_93_RUS 3 November, 2016 @ 11:54 am

Highly agree with this. I want to see DriveClub in 60fps glory, it’s how a racing game should be played

aric201812 3 November, 2016 @ 2:29 pm

It could still happen… DriveClub VR is getting an update and DriveClub just got all the VR tracks added as well so Sony still have people working on the game even if the dev has shuttered, after all it is their IP and we know from various interviews with Mark Cerny etc that it doesn’t require a huge team to leverage the additional pro capabilities. 60fps would make a great game even better and be a great advert for the system!

Lovely to finally have this list. I hope we get more information now on Pro for 1080p users. Was nice to see what horizon said yesterday about 1080p and that is exciting stuff.

Information on BF1, Titanfall 2, Watch dogs 2 would be amazing. 🙂

7 days to go 😀

What difference will PS Pro make for VR games? Is it worth getting the pro for VR alone as can’t afford to get both the Pro and a 4K TV this year!

stewiegilligan 3 November, 2016 @ 11:43 am

I have heard that it’s supposed to help with the stability of the VR headset

XTREME-BLITZ-UK 3 November, 2016 @ 4:53 pm

There’s no point in getting the VR at the moment, I have the VR and the games for it are very short, the best time to get the VR would be next year when Resident Evil 7 and GT Sport comes out for the VR. It would be best to get a 4K HDR TV that way you will get the best picture quality.

This is something I am also very interested in. I am happy to see Driveclub VR on the list as this has very crippled gfx in the VR version.

Kinky_Friedman 5 November, 2016 @ 7:44 pm

@XTREME-BLITZ-UK “There’s no point in getting the VR at the moment, I have the VR and the games for it are very short”

Maybe if you’re not interested in multiplayer. Driveclub VR, RIGS, Battlezone all have MP(and thus legs), they are very good reasons to get it right now.
    Rez Infinite is also meant to be amazing. I have to wonder what games you actually bought.

Substance104 3 November, 2016 @ 11:20 am   7

PLEASE have 1080p60 for Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank! I will love you forever, Sony (I already do but please I need this, please understand)

PFC_Hudson 3 November, 2016 @ 11:52 am

Uncharted 4 has already been confirmed as a title getting an upgrade patch and could be here for the launch of the PS4 Pro in a week’s time

Substance104 3 November, 2016 @ 11:55 am

A patch is confirmed, that’s correct. But I’m requesting specifically for 60 fps in 1080p for Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank. I’ll be upset if they only get super sampling and a locked 30 fps.

What are the enhancements for each game? 4K, VR, 1080p, some or all? A bit pointless saying what games will be enhanced without stating what exactly. I have no interest in 4K yet but will buy a Pro once I know if/what improvements it will bring to 1080p gaming.

Buying and completely agree. 4k is an investment for me next year (unless black friday as an amazing deal on a samsung ks7000 or sony x80). But i want to know the improvements at 1080p, and if what horizon said yesterday is the same for everyone else, then ill be a happy customer

I’m in the same boat. I was holding off until it was clear what the UHD Premium standard would be as a main TV is a once every lot of years purchase for me. My current Panasonic plasma is over 6 years old now and due a replacement! Even for a total tech geek like myself 4K TV buying is a minefield, having to sacrifice something or other on all but the high-end sets that are a little more than I want to pay.

I was intending on picking up one of this years top of range sets when the new models come next year as 50% off isn’t uncommon. Black Friday could make me jump sooner too though.

Fred Dutton 3 November, 2016 @ 1:14 pm

Unfortunately it’s just not possible to list all the enhancements for every game on the list. However, we will have blog posts on individual titles over the next week or so.

Would be great to know more about the benefits for the majority of the players which have 1080p TVs.

Thanks Fred. That will be good. It seems that there has been such a push for 4K they have neglected to shout about the benefits to 1080p gamers! Strange considering this market would sell more consoles.

Any chance to see an update to the PS4 Pro Ultimate FAQ anytime soon?

The article explicitly invited people to ask any additional question not addressed by the FAQ in the comments, but the few additions to the FAQ actually came in response to news sites articles, with many questions posted in the comments left unanswered.

Fred Dutton 3 November, 2016 @ 1:14 pm

Yes, we’ll be updating it later today, as it happens.

Thank you for your reply. 🙂

Looking forward to the update!

deadfolk_ie 3 November, 2016 @ 2:55 pm

I would be really great if this included the answer to ‘can a system backup made on a regular PS4 be restored on a Pro?’.

I know you likely won’t (and can’t) talk about policies, but I’d like to know if third-party support going forward is mandatory?

Or if devs can just choose not to add Pro enhancements.

Cool, I will definitely be revisiting a few games.

Anyway Fred, sorry to be so off topic but what happened to Suikoden IV on PS3? Still can’t find it here in Sweden 🙁

MaviSiyah 3 November, 2016 @ 12:45 pm   12

that was awesome!

So will Bf1 have hdr support on existing console?

Bloodborne please

Pleeeeease

pleonazaM 4 November, 2016 @ 12:26 pm

They could patch the offline mode, at least.

That happens, and I’m buying Pro. Otherwise – nope.

GunstarHeroX 3 November, 2016 @ 1:04 pm   15

Nice. Now if you can just make PlayStation VR actually compatible with PS4 Pro so it doesn’t disable HDR, this stuff can actually be appreciated.
Then those of us who will have spent over €800 on supposedly compatible PlayStation products in the space of two months will be able to enjoy these features without constantly disrupting our setups to swap cables around.

dethlord1991 3 November, 2016 @ 1:11 pm   16

Killzone Shadowfall, Bloodborne, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls please!!

ultravioletblade 3 November, 2016 @ 1:38 pm   17

i wonder if Super Stardust Ultra will be native 4K ?

ThaBEN_NL 3 November, 2016 @ 1:42 pm   18

I see a lot of Playstation VR titles in the list which makes me happy. I’m buying a PS4 Pro mainly for Playstation VR. Could you guys elaborate what the benefits are for a PS4 Pro system with Playstation VR titles?
I’m wondering since Playstation VR doens’nt have 4K or HDR support but looks like they still get the Pro treatment.

No Bloodborne on the list makes me very very sad.

GBMatthew 3 November, 2016 @ 1:51 pm   20

Wasn’t PES 2017 confirmed for 4k support or is that because it is after the launch?

GBMatthew 3 November, 2016 @ 1:55 pm   21

Wasn’t it originally that every PS4 game released after October 2016 had to support the Pro? looks like that has changed already.

RogueTracer 3 November, 2016 @ 5:15 pm

Yup and same with the frame supposed to being equal or better. That’s not the case with some games in 4K mode from what I’ve been reading.

Futureshark 3 November, 2016 @ 2:07 pm   22

XCOM 2 in 4K HDR will look awesome, surely that shouldn’t be a difficult game to get to run natively either.

Bloodborne & Dark Souls 3 – 60fps pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssee!!!!!!!

proweddro 3 November, 2016 @ 2:17 pm   23

no fallout 4? why?

aric201812 3 November, 2016 @ 2:36 pm

Bethesda said last month they are working on a patch.. it is likely to come along with the much delayed mod support.

Im always happy to know my machine is been outdated…

It was outdated when you bought it. Nothing wrong with that. It will continue to play games at the performance and capabilities you bought it for.

leslitorez34 3 November, 2016 @ 2:52 pm   25

Sony what is the meaning of this? I see Driveclub VR but no regular Driveclub why? That game is the benchmark for racing game graphics currently and you don’t want to show treat us with how amazing it would look on Ps4 pro? Common Sony! the new tracks where great but this would also be great for us who have stuck with this game since launch

Audioflix 3 November, 2016 @ 2:59 pm   26

Would be cool if all pro users could get the pro icon next to their psn ID.

Prash_7900 3 November, 2016 @ 3:10 pm   27

that means i can’t use old Ps4 disc for New PS4 pro???

UKVampire 3 November, 2016 @ 4:42 pm

Yes you can, use all PS4 games in the pro, it will just be that these games listed above will also have a PS4 Pro patch.

Even after the patch you will still use the disc as normal

Are these games improving only resolution? Or wilk be there noticable improvement for 1080p owners?

I only have a 1080p TV, so I will be waiting for a few months to see what developers actually deliver. Most of the titles here are focusing on “4K” with precious few confirming better visuals/performance at 1080p. That tells me the value may not be there.

joethearrow 3 November, 2016 @ 4:24 pm   30

I pre-ordered my PS4 Pro yesterday. I’ve been on the fence about getting it, since I just got the PS VR the day after launch. Thankfully, I have a very understanding wife. Either that, or the more toys I have, the less she has to hear from me lol. I have a 55″ UHD curved Samsung tv with HDR. I’m really looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online in native 4K. I’ve been a player since June, and at champion 208 now. Plenty of leveling up in 4K for me. Looking forward to all the other enhanced PS4 Pro games coming out and/or being patched.

UKVampire 3 November, 2016 @ 4:41 pm   31

Given how fantastic some/all of these games look anyway I cant get my little tiny mind around how much better they are going to look on the PS4 Pro.

I picked up a few weeks back a Sony Bravia 4K HDR tv and have been playing a few games already in 4k on “another format” and have been really surprised. My Pro has been ordered since it was announced and my VR has been another fantastic purchase so i am (*well more my missus is) hoping that we are done with the expensive purchases!!!

itaChiKTM 3 November, 2016 @ 4:42 pm   32

And Grand Theft Auto 5 ? 🙁

MisterJumpMan 3 November, 2016 @ 5:34 pm   33

I thought Dishonored 2 was listed previously as having PS4 Pro support. Also, isn’t it required of all games releasing after October 2016?

pookeyboii6 3 November, 2016 @ 5:56 pm   34

What about grand theft auto

speeddemon187 3 November, 2016 @ 5:59 pm   35

The Witness also is getting PS Pro support!

Source: http://the-witness.net/news/2016/11/ps4-pro-patch-update/

AdamBogocz 3 November, 2016 @ 6:13 pm   36

Will PS VR demos get re-leased with the Pro patches in?

AdamBogocz 3 November, 2016 @ 6:20 pm   37

Glad to see Driveclub VR, inFAMOUS First Light, inFAMOUS Second Son, Knack,PlayStation VR Worlds,Ratchet & Clank,Rise Of The Tomb Raider,Robinson: The Journey,The Last Of Us Remastered,The Last Of Us: Left Behind,The Playroom VR, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

But missing Batman Arkham VR :'( Driveclub :'( and I was waiting to play GTA 5 and AC Unity on PS4 Pro since it was leaked on the first place to enjoy stable framerate experiece, but because of PS4 Pro compatibility mode (CPU & GPU downclocking, GPU cores disabled) … shame

PES 2017 4K patch coming end of November.

Hey Fred, is any aspect of the PS4 home screen going to be optimised for 4K?… I still miss the days of the PS3’s original XMB with smaller fonts.

fiddlersgreenest 3 November, 2016 @ 7:29 pm   40

Rainbow Six Siege?

REDBULL2K7 3 November, 2016 @ 8:01 pm   41

Will you be able to use a backup of your current ps4 hard drive on it as it states you can link your old ps4 up to it with a Ethernet lead

Bloodborne with 60FPS PLZ Sony!!

Please Sony give Bloodborne three visual mode(4K,60FPS and Enriched Visuals) just like Rise of the Tomb Raider.

langrisser7 3 November, 2016 @ 11:53 pm   44

No Bloodborne? not buying

dragon_unleashed 4 November, 2016 @ 5:10 am   45

you need to stalk the developer of bloodborne.. not Sony 😉

bloodborne would be even more hardcore with Hdr and 2160p omg..

hope the developer will give it a go.. but I don’t think they’ll put in the time

Very good Ps4 pro

wazza09121977 4 November, 2016 @ 5:45 am   47

Mafia 3 is in there.. wonder if it will need an update or have the enhanced quality built in as it’s a recent game too.. bought the deluxe edition haven’t opened it yet as I’m swapping my old ps4 for the new ps pro plus cash,got it pre-ordered so I’ll just install Mafia 3 for the first time on ps pro,, should be OK cos I haven’t installed it yet it’s just like installing it for the first time I suppose and HOPE lol!

maxima6914 4 November, 2016 @ 8:35 am   48

How about Destiny rise of iron it”s include ???

I still hope this is just a resolution upgrade and nothing else, as even though Sony has stated several times that this is not replacing the original. I can still see some devs who are terrible at testing their games. Releasing a poorly optimised “standard console” game and saying hey if you want it to run smooth go buy a pro console. Since allot of games have bad performance as it is.

DAVIEMCGREGOR187 4 November, 2016 @ 10:30 am   50

Will GTA 5 be Optimised for PS4 Pro?

Load all