Posted

Persona 5’s release date on PS4 and PS3 is now 4th April 2017

New date means dual audio will be included for both platforms

Brace yourselves, this is going to hurt: Persona 5 is delayed. Again. To April 4, 2017.

I know, I know. It stings. It stings a lot. But Persona 5 became a huge hit with its launch in Japan, and Atlus is putting the utmost care into ensuring it winds up the best when it releases in the west. And – and this is a very special “and” – we have some exceedingly good news for you in light of this delay:

Persona 5 will have dual audio for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

We’re including it as DLC for logistical reasons, but it will be FREE, for forever. People have been asking for this since P5 was announced, and through a herculean effort from Atlus, we’re going to be able to deliver it. We’ll have more details on the specifics later, but dual audio will be available for the game AT LAUNCH.

Oh, but there’s more!

For those of you who are planning to attend PlayStation Experience in Anaheim this year, Atlus will be there along with a PLAYABLE demo of Persona 5. So, if you’re going to be at PSX, we hope to see you there! And if you’re quick, you’ll be able to get a special Persona 5 collector’s card as well!

Finally, we have one more update:

TITLE

Those of you who’ve pre-ordered the “Take Your Heart” premium edition of Persona 5 may recall the placeholder art the last time we showed it off. Well, we’ve got an update to that too! The soundtrack CD now features Justine and Caroline, the twin wardens of the Velvet Room. The artbook and steel book are updated as well, and you can even see the final art of the box it all ships in. Check it out!

Phew! Ok, so if you need a minute to process all that, you can check out the first English gameplay of Persona 5 as Atlus livestreams it RIGHT NOW on Twitch!

50 Comments
1 Author replies

Dual Audio!! <3 <3 <3 Ok, I am absolutely fine with you putting back the launch date. I have plenty in my backlog to keep me busy. Dual audio! All the love!

Really sucks seeing it delayed. But have to respect it. It is a massive game that needs a lot of attention, especially with the amount of fans the series has around it, so it really cant and shouldn’t be rushed out.
Also glad to see you gave in after the backlash of no JP Voices. Good to see some people do listen to the fans.

And that update to the Take Your heart Edition is beautiful! Cannot wait to snag that up!

So conflicted about the news! I’m excited that the jp voices are going to be available, but sad that it’s going to be delayed. 頑張って!

so…Europe?

Oh, great, dual audio. For this, I can wait xD.

In the meantime, I will be playing another great game, Yakuza 0 :3.

Nice as the dual-audio option sounds, bit gutted they couldn’t release the game in February as planned and then just release the audio DLC later so those of us who are happy to play with English VO can get rolling.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
I couldn’t believe it when I saw it on the stream. Dual Audio. Fantastic.

And FINALLY :D I seriously hope this will become a norm :D

7.1

We did it!

7.2

That we did =D It was a tough fight :D

Bacon_Crispies 16 November, 2016 @ 22:12

I imported this back in september, currently racked up over 80 hours and I’ve just beaten the december palace, I think i’m nearing the end.
Despite not knowing a single word of japanese this is my game of the year, this game is so stylish and is still suprising me, if the game is this good without me understanding it, the english version could be one of my favourite games of all time

bit sad for the delay but really excited with the dual audio news!

Bacon_Crispies 16 November, 2016 @ 22:17

Just checked the US blog and it says a free theme is avaiable for the next 24 hours, I’m guessing because its not mentioned here we don’t get it.

Wondering about the free theme and avatar myself. Would be awesome to get it here as well

No mention of it here, however on the live stream he said it was coming 24th November for 24hours free in Europe.

10.3

As Tee_Doff states it has been reported that it will be available on 24th November (for 24 hours).
This has been mentioned in the delay article on Dualshockers.

Show more replies

You have good excuse, it’s ok then lol

I’m really happy about dual audio. not a problem waiting a couple of months.

So, how come the US get a free theme and we don’t?

No free theme? Bit disappointing

Wonder what made them SWITCH the release-date?

Bit disappointing for me really as I don’t care for dual audio. Would still been nice to have had the game for Feb and just release the dual audio when it’s available. Understand it’s not nice some people get a head start while others may want to wait but it’s also not nice holding back the people that just want it in English just for the sake of having a dual audio added in.

16.1

And here we go. I kinda expected at least one of these comments.

No. I repeat, NO. The localization is NOT delayed because of inclusion of dual audio (heck, it’s something that’s been there from the start). The localization is delayed for polishing reasons.

16.2

To be completely correct here. The delay is actually also because of the dub =D There are lines that need to be revoiced, some lines need to be added.
So… no, Japanese voices had no influence on the delay ;)

16.3

@SatoshiOokami

Please understand it from his perspective, he is deaf and so am I. I understand English voices sound bad for you in Japanese games, but it’s the complete opposite for us, we need full English voices for lip reading purposes. I hope the developers take into account that there are thousands of deaf players that prefer full English voices.

Show more replies

Japanese voices don’t really appeal to me, so not much of a silver lining.

The wait continues…

I would like to express my deep gratitude to Atlus that they finally decided to join us in the 21st century. I am now looking forward to the localized game!

Come on SEGA, if ATLUS can do dual audio for Persona 5, then you can also do it for Yakuza 6!

Make it so please!

19.1

More like, if Atlus can, everyone can =D

ManikwithaNine 22 November, 2016 @ 02:25
19.2

We’re still waiting for Yakuza 0. And I’m hoping kiwami is next.

Could someone point to me where I can preorder Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Collectors Edition?
it seems that at amazon.co.uk is sold out.

Do I have any other option?

20.2

Shopto.net seem to still have some here http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4PE14-persona-5-collectors They’re a great site too, bought Root Letter from them recently.

Thanks for the continued updates, both here and on the recent stream. Whilst I’ve been looking forward to P5 since “Winter 2014” ;) I’d rather wait a little longer for a super-polished game.

JohanLiebert88 17 November, 2016 @ 14:42

Good news. February is insane: Ni-Oh, NieR: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Berserk and The Band of the Hawk. PS4 is a beast in 2017!

I’m so glad Atlus listened to all of us that asked for a dual audio option. I know it’s two more moths of wait, but it’ll be worth it. Can’t wait to get my Take your Heart edition… oh and the Ryuji theme next week!

Kindda sucks the voices are DLC, I prefer to have a complete package instead of in the end ending with a english dub only physical copy.

Many thanks for dual-audio!

What the hell is dual audio?

26.1

^From the left speaker you hear the Japanese voice over and from the right English audio. Both at the same time ;)

AlucardTepes_DE 24 November, 2016 @ 04:31
26.2

I means you get to play the game in its most original form, with the original voice acting by the professional japanese voice actors!

Cool, BUT meanwhile, the Japanese version is out and there’s already tone of spoilers all over the Internet with jerks having a blast joking with the peasant easterns. Next time do a world wide release…

ManikwithaNine 22 November, 2016 @ 02:22

Why not release the game now and release the dual audio DLC later?

AlucardTepes_DE 24 November, 2016 @ 04:30

I mean its a japanese game, why would it not have the original audio?
And why isn’t the English Dub the extra dlc anyway?

Wheres the free theme? i cant find it

Neither can I

RodrigoSharingan 24 November, 2016 @ 14:15

I CANT FIND THE FREE THEME AND AVATAR! Pls help!

It’s 10pm and the timed theme and avatar still isn’t up!

RodrigoSharingan 25 November, 2016 @ 00:48

I cant belive we are gonna miss this… Ugh you guys had one job!
Europe allways gets rejected.

Wow, thanks Atlus. But your thieves never delivered the free theme and avatar in the European store.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.