Posted

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy arrives next year on PS4

A new standalone adventure from the Naughty Dog team

We’ve spent the better part of the last 10 years on a journey with Nathan Drake, but as his story came to a close in Uncharted 4 and we looked ahead to the series’ first-ever story DLC, we were faced with an unprecedented question: whose story did we want to tell next?

TITLE

Over the years, we’ve assembled an incredible cast of characters, but of them all, we kept coming back to one in particular: Chloe Frazer. As the smooth-talking master thief who debuted in Uncharted 2, Chloe is not only one of our favorite characters, but we know she’s a favorite amongst our community. She’s also a strong and enigmatic character — in other words, perfect to be our lead protagonist in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

We revealed a first look at Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at PlayStation Experience today with a nearly 9 minute video of gameplay. Check out the full clip below.

Our video shows an early section of the game where we find Chloe in a war-torn city on her way to a rooftop rendezvous with her partner, Nadine Ross. Much like Chloe, Nadine is a formidable and interesting character whose complex nature we just started exploring in her Uncharted 4 debut. She’s a skilled tactician, whose cool, calculating nature offers an important contrast to Chloe’s improvisation and wit. As they venture deep into India’s Western Ghats mountain range, they’ll need to work together to recover the long lost Tusk of Ganesh.

When we began to plot out the story and our vision for the game, we realized we were building something more than an extension of Uncharted 4, and instead, a standalone story in the Uncharted universe. We wanted this adventure to feature all of the hallmarks of the series, from cinematic storytelling set within exotic destinations, to dynamic combat and intricate puzzles. It’s our biggest story expansion to-date and will be available as a standalone game on store shelves and for digital download.

TITLE TITLETITLE

If you picked up the Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer’s Pack, you’ll get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a download at launch. Both versions will only be available until 13th December, 2016, so don’t miss your chance to get Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at an amazing value.

TITLETITLE
TITLE TITLETITLE
22 Comments
0 Author replies

I brought the triple pack very early on when it was available instead of the explorer pack. Will people who brought the triple pack also receive Uncharted The Lost Legacy?

Yea triple pack includes the explorer pack. U can check when u go to explorers pack page and click the more info tab u see u cant buy it cause u already have the triplepack.

Kinky_Friedman 04 December, 2016 @ 15:42
1.2

*bought. Brought is the past participle of ‘to bring’.

1.3

i bought the collectors edition is the add-on included as well?

Show more replies
Ishan_The_King 04 December, 2016 @ 07:58

I am from India and this has me hyped! Finally the story of Uncharted comes to India’s mountains!

Hi

When I was watching the gameplay I thought it was a new Resident Evil game. Because the animation, the position of the camera behind the character are just like in Resident Evil 6.

4.1

I thought the exact same thing! That maybe that RE7 VR thing wasn’t their only new game and they made another in line with 4,5 and 6 (my favourites). I should’ve realized it was Uncharted after that guard grabbed her and before the battle, just by the look of the animations, and definitely during the battle.
Loving the look of the melee combat with this lightweight Cloe :p

Disc release please. In case it is planned, ensure its a worldwide release.

5.1

“It’s our biggest story expansion to-date and will be available as a standalone game on store shelves and for digital download.”

What will be the price of the DLC as a stand alone. A full AAA game price 80$ in Canada or cheaper? I want to know if it would be a good idea to get the Exporer’s pack

6.1

I bet it will be around £15

For me U4 it was day one preorder deluxe edition no question asked. I’m gonna enjoy every second of this DLC, but little sad do cause Drake is not gonna be there.

Carnivius_Prime 05 December, 2016 @ 09:18

This is already my most wanted game of the next year. :)

Carnivius_Prime 05 December, 2016 @ 09:40

Love that this features Chloe. Missed her in Uncharted 4’s story which also felt like a perfect goodbye to Nate and Elena. So yay more of that Uncharted gameplay I love but without upsetting the happy ending to the Drakes. :D

This looks fantastic, thanks! Uncharted 4 has easily been the game of the year for me.

Carnivius_Prime 06 December, 2016 @ 12:02
10.1

Same here. :D

Really looking forward to this, I love the uncharted games ????

I thought Naughty Dogs said they were done with Uncharted series and would try something new.

Carnivius_Prime 05 December, 2016 @ 14:18
12.1

They also promised there would be new story-based content DLC back when Uncharted 4 was released so this is them fulfilling that. Shush and enjoy!

“9 minutes of gameplay” is a bit of a stretch. All we saw was a character walking for 9 minutes in a barely interactive cutscene. Uncharted is not The Order, let’s keep it that way.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history