Posted

Nier: Automata demo out now, new trailer teases Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Quest weapons

Get a taste of the upcoming PS4 action RPG by PlatinumGames, due out 10th March

As we come to the end of 2016, we thought there would be no better way to round off the year than to give you guys the opportunity to try out Nier: Automata yourselves. It’s the season for giving after all, so we’re excited to announce that the Nier: Automata playable demo is available to download from the PlayStation Store for free, right now!

The demo takes you to an abandoned factory, following android 2B’s mission to destroy a massive enemy weapon that lies within. You’ll get to use a variety of both short and long range weapons to take down hordes of enemy machines. The combat is action-packed, fast-paced, super slick and there are multiple difficulties so once you’ve got the hang of things, you can really test and refine your skills. I’d be very impressed to hear how many of you can complete the demo on the hardest difficulty!

To celebrate the Nier: Automata demo release, we’ve got a new trailer showing off some weapons you might recognise:

Eagle-eyed Square Enix fans have probably already figured out what the new weapons are and yes, the Engine Blade, Noctis’ signature weapon in Final Fantasy XV and the Cypress Stick from the Dragon Quest franchise will be usable weapons in Nier: Automata! They will both be unlockable in the final game so you don’t have to worry about downloading them as additional DLC. We’re going to keep how you obtain them a mystery for now though.

The news doesn’t stop there though! From today you can also pre-order the Nier: Automata Day One Edition directly through PlayStation Store. In addition to the Day One Edition six bonus DLC items, the PSN digital pre-order edition also comes with an additional three exclusive DLC items and a static theme.

In case you missed the news, we also recently announced the Nier: Automata Black Box Edition which includes a YoRHa android 2B figurine, a 64 page hardback artbook, a soundtrack selection CD (featuring 13 live recorded songs from Nier and Nier: Automata), in-game bonus DLC, a steelbook case and special collector’s box. It’s available in limited quantities from the Square Enix store, so be sure to pre-order one if you don’t want to miss out.

Nier: Automata demo out now, new trailer teases Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Quest weapons in-game

Nier: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the Earth from powerful enemy machines who have driven humanity from their home. The demo will give you a glimpse of the game’s story and there’s a lot of spectacular moments with distinct Nier style twists in it too. I don’t want to spoil any of it for you as they’ll be even more exciting to experience yourself, but I hope the demo gets you hyped to play the full game when it comes out in Europe on 10th March next year.

I think that’s enough news for one day, hopefully you’ve been able to download the demo so you don’t have to stick around here any longer, go play it and let us know what you think afterwards on our official Nier Facebook and Twitter pages!

Thanks for reading and from the Nier: Automata team – Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

See you in 2017!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

13 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

tim0manskywalker 22 December, 2016 @ 2:10 pm   1

I’m loving the synergy between the franchises, not to mention it’s genius marketing. Can’t wait for this. Happy holidays!

FantasyMeister 22 December, 2016 @ 2:21 pm   2

Absolutely loved the demo, thank you! Blasted through on Normal difficulty, not sure I’m gamer enough for one-hit = death difficulty though… Any chance the original Nier can get its pod upgraded to PS4 compatible?

Daniel Seto 22 December, 2016 @ 2:35 pm

Thanks for playing and glad you enjoyed it! I’m sure you could master the hardest difficulty with enough practice.
    We haven’t got any plans to re-release the original NIER if that’s what you’re asking but I’ll pass on your message to the team 🙂

Dang, that was fun. Not really the Yoko Taro game I’m used to but I guess that’s what happens when Platinum comes into play 😀

And merry whatevers hunnies <3

EffortlesSamurai 22 December, 2016 @ 3:11 pm   4

Not showing up for me. Says the page cannot be found every time I sign in!

This is the EU blog. So it’s most likely not available in your region yet.

Daniel Seto 22 December, 2016 @ 4:29 pm

Rawanz is right, the demo probably isn’t live yet in your region but it will be available soon!

Was already so hyped for this game, and the demo somehow made me even more excited! Played through it on every difficulty now, and still want more.. Platinum Games knows how to make incredible combat and never let me down!

Really hope this game gets more people excited, and make them want to go back to the original NieR. That game still deserves so much more praise then it got. So very underrated.

dark_angel69 22 December, 2016 @ 8:48 pm   6

Really loved the demo! I missed out on the original Nier and now I’m very excited to get this thanks to the demo! So I will defo be putting in a pre-order very soon. It would be great to see the original game getting an upgrade to PS4 as I’d love to play it so you can count my vote towards that too.

I second what DarkAngel said… A port of the original NeiR would be awesome! And also Dragon Quest VIII on PS4 would be a perfect christmas present from you to me! 😛

My God its finaly here..! Never thought that Nier 2 would actually happen, but its happening and its amazing. First part is one of my all time favorite games so my expectation towards part deus are high skies.! Demo so far has been amazing and yes, preorder is the only way to go now, expectations full filled! The small bits from Bayonetta here work like a charm, just love its.! Just wondering about the Black Box Eedt, is it possible to get it ordered here in the back down country Finland.? That thing looks just too amazing for my eyes and mind..

res20stupid 23 December, 2016 @ 1:01 am   9

I really liked it and I’m sold. When I have the money, I’ll pre-order it. Just have a few issues, though.

Like other Platinum titles, will the game have some sort of penalty for using items, such as reduced EXP or G?

When I looked through the menu I couldn’t find a “Next LV at #EXP” notice. Did I miss it?

Also, can the lock-on be changed? I don’t particularly like games that doesn’t allow lock-on to be toggled rather than having it held down.

ManikwithaNine 23 December, 2016 @ 6:58 pm   10

is platinumgames the same guys who made the legend of korra game and metal gear r? coz i hated those games. they’re were too hard for me. I know most people like hard games, but not me.

Hi,

Would you kindly advise why the demo is not available in the Saudi store?

Thanks

Played the demo. Totally awful. No fun at all. Where can I get those 15 minutes back?

And who keeps giving jobs to those criminally overrated Platinum Games? Disgusting.