Posted

New on PlayStation Store this week: Gravity Rush 2, The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition, more

Plus, Xenoraid, Ruckus Rumble, Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star, WWE 2K17 DLC

So, has everyone cleared their holiday gaming backlogs? Good, because this week sees the arrival of Japan Studio’s magnificent Gravity Rush 2 on PS4. Step into the shoes of irrepressible hero Kat and soar through the skies above the floating city of Hekseville in the follow-up to the hit 2012 PS Vita adventure.

Elsewhere, look out for roguelike survival adventure The Flame in the Flood, retro mystery 2064: Read Only Memories, and new DLC for World of Tanks and WWE 2K17.

See below for the full list of new releases.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

• Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1

• Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2
    18th January

• Dead Effect 2 (Not in Middle East, NZ)

• Letter Quest/Three Fourths Home Bundle

• Letter Quest/Paranautical Activity Bundle

• ACA Neo-Geo Alpha Mission II

• Ruckus Rumble

• Xenoraid

• Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
    20th January

• Firefighters – The Simulation (Not in Middle East)
    20th January

• 8DAYS Demo (Not in Germany)
    20th January

• Team Germany Wide Receivers Ultimate
  • Team USA All Star Ultimate
  • Team USA Linebackers Ultimate
  • Team USA Lineman Ultimate
  • Team USA Quarterbacks Ultimate
  • Team USA Wide Receivers Ultimate

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in January

51 Comments
0 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 17 January, 2017 @ 12:10

I’ve never been into Power Rangers but friends of mine are (particularly of the original series) and I like 2D scrolling brawlers so I may buy that one. :)

Carnivius_Prime 17 January, 2017 @ 12:12

What games are in the Atari Flashback packs?

Each volume contains 50 games in total, with 9 being arcade games, and 41 Atari 2600-era titles.

Vol. 1
9 Arcade titles: Black Widow, Centipede, Liberator, Lunar Lander, Millipede, Pong, Space Duel, Tempest, and Warlords

41 Atari 2600 games: 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe, Air-Sea Battle, Backgammon, Basketball, Black Jack, Bowling, Canyon Bomber, Centipede, Circus Atari, Combat, Combat Two, Desert Falcon, Dodge ‘Em, Fatal Run, Football, Home Run, Human Cannonball, Millipede, Miniature Golf, Pong Sports, Quadrun, Radar Lock, Realsports Boxing, Realsports Football, Realsports Soccer, Realsports Volleyball, Save Mary, Slot Machine, Slot Racers, Sprintmaster, Star Raiders, Steeplechase, Stunt Cycle, Super Baseball, Super Football, Swordquest EarthWorld, Swordquest FireWorld, Swordquest WaterWorld, Tempest, Warlords, and Yars’ Revenge

Vol. 2
9 Arcade titles: Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Crystal Classics, Gravitar, Major Havoc, Missile Command, Red Baron, Spring, and Super Breakout

41 Atari 2600 games:...

Show full comment

Vol. 1

Vol. 2

41 Atari 2600 games: Adventure, Asteroids, Atari Video Cube, Basic Math, Brain Games, Breakout, Casino, Championship Soccer, Codebreaker, Concentration, Crystal Classics, Demons to Diamonds, Double Dunk, Flag Capture, Golf, Gravitar, Hangman, Haunted House, Maze Craze, Missile Command, Night Driver, Off the Wall, Outlaw, Race, Realsports Baseball, Realsports Basketball, Realsports Tennis, Return to Haunted House, Secret Quest, Sentinel, Sky Diver, Space War, Star Ship, Stellar Track, Street Racer, Submarine Commander, Super Breakout, Surround, Video Checkers, Video Chess, and Video Pinball

Carnivius_Prime 17 January, 2017 @ 12:44
2.2

Ah thank you. Nice bunch of vintage games there. May buy if priced well. :)

Carnivius_Prime 18 January, 2017 @ 08:05
2.3

ouch.. £15.99 for each pack? I’m gonna have to wait til sales then. :/

RedDevilDazzy 17 January, 2017 @ 12:46

My body is ready for Gravity Rush 2! FALL AGAIN!

AngelVsMadman 17 January, 2017 @ 12:52

2064: Read Only Memories is not in the german or austrian store.

There’s plenty of new RWBY themes, but no videos of how they look and sound. Any chance to see those on Youtube or something?

PS. Do want Coco theme with Caffeine music in the background XD

Any news on when PlayStation 4 players get to play Rise & Shine. Looking forward to that game.

When is Kingdom Hearts 2.8 going to be available to pre-order on the UK Store?

The game is out in 7 days and it’s still missing, every other region has it.

CoolRichy007UK 17 January, 2017 @ 14:26
7.1

Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 will also get added asap i, still waiting for crash bandicoot ps store pre order uk usa had it months now it better get added to ps store soon or loads of angry gamers will invade sony castle with forks and knives lol

I thought it was the original 8 days for a minute! Shame that was cancelled

CoolRichy007UK 17 January, 2017 @ 14:23
8.1

8 days for a minute sounds like a good name for a game or song lol

8.2

You and me both, stBoa!

And to be honest, I’d prefer that to anything on offer this week.

CoolRichy007UK 17 January, 2017 @ 14:23

Firefighter simulation was out 2014 for pc lol i bet we get euro truck simulator 1 and 2 soon and i noticed street racer in the atari games collection that was on ps1 if the atari street racer is simular to ps1 version i might pick up both atari games soon, id like to see a zx spectrum games collection every speccy game from a to z

mygamingnewz2 19 January, 2017 @ 23:59
9.1

On PC it was out in 2012

follow me on twitter @mygamingnewz

Another week, and again you’re still selling the non-working Trials of St.Lucia DLC for Dante’s Inferno.

Care to fix/remove it? Pretty please? It’s fraud, otherwise.

10.1

They don’t care any more. It’s not even on the PS4. Give up man, they’re tired of being chased with pitchforks, the bad publicity of this blog isn’t good publicity.

10.2

Well, huh, they had the common sense to remove the Resistance 2 and 3 DLC when the games shut down, though, since they were all multiplayer-only… and paid.

10.3

Yes but then other things you’ve asked them to fix haven’t been taken care of either. I respect you for trying to make things better, but you seem to care more than they do.

was going to get power rangers day 1. no chance now with 19 bronze trophies and no silver, gold or platinum! wake up developers

11.1

tragic…..

11.2

I don’t care about the trophys. Just want to know if the game is good or not then ill buy.

Totally forgot about Gravity Rush releasing this period. Good thing they decided to delay because a lot of great AAA games were the victim of the busy holidays and didn’t sell well because they all released in the same period. I’m sure that would’ve been the case for this underrated jewel as well. Wouldn’t have minded it being delayed for a little longer even.

warensembler83 17 January, 2017 @ 16:36

Gravity Rush 2! Can’t wait to open the mailbox tomorrow and start playing!

I’ll wait for a digital discount for Gravity Rush 2. After some of the discounts in the past few months, it’s like we’ve been kicked in the nuts for paying full price.

14.1

I happily paid full price because I want to support the series and want to see it continue. I understood why people were angry about No Man’s Sky being full price but Gravity Rush is not a small game made by a small team. I’m as excited for Gravity Rush 2 as I was for Uncharted 4. I paid £50 for Uncharted 4 and to me Gravity Rush 2 is as much a big AAA release. So why should it be cheaper? Ratchet and Clank on PlayStation 4 wasn’t full price and that infuriated me because it was undervalued. Insomniac made a fantastic game that deserved to be sold for full price at launch.

Remember how much a game makes is more important than how many copies are sold. So Sony would rather that 10 people buy the game at full price (total of £500) than 19 people buy it on sale at half price (total of £475). So how well Gravity Rush 2 does during its launch will determine if we get another game. Because it’ll be put on sale within 3 months for sure.

14.2

I usually pay about £65 per deluxe edition, I don’t buy discs but am digital only. The last few games I’ve bought were significantly discounted after a month. Likewise Plus has only given me games I have on my PC (I don’t care for multiplayer).

It doesn’t really matter how you convince yourself to pay those prices, I’m just not doing it now.

Will there be any difference whatsoever between the digital and the physical release of Yakuza 0?

StevenJamesHyde 17 January, 2017 @ 19:30
15.1

The digital release will be a good 25% more expensive

15.2

Physical will be yours forever, the digital has a use by date and one day it won’t be yours anymore. I bought a few games on PlayStation mobile. Then i got a new vita and i couldn’t play them anymore. It flew under the radar because it only effected the tiny amount of people who bought into that platform. One day they will turn off the servers and your games will be gone. Somewhere in your user agreement it says that you never actually owned your games.

Hello darkness, my old friend
I’ve come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

16.1

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

16.2

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

16.3

Fools, said I, you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

Show more replies

When is Red Faction 2 going to be released?!

I thought Read Only Memories was for Vita as well?

mygamingnewz2 20 January, 2017 @ 00:10
18.1

It was announced as a PS VITA game too. Not sure why it has not released on the portable platform

follow me on twitter @mygamingnewz

Just wondering why we can’t buy resident evil 7 season pass the only way is to buy the deluxe version of the game. Will it be added before the games release or after. I can buy it elsewhere but was hoping to get it from the PSN store.
Oh and what’s the price.
Thanks in advance.

There was supposed to be free “Winter theme” DLC released for Uno today on PS4. Any idea when that might arrive? It’s on the American store.

20.1

Was it ever planned for Europe? Because US always gets a lot more themes and avatars than us…

gabrielknight73 18 January, 2017 @ 07:23

Read Only Memories is not available in Turkey store.

Where is Read Only Memories?

What a disgusting price for Dead Effect 2, someone should be ashamed for charging that much.
I’ll wait until it is on PS+

Is there any information about the release of 2064 Read Only Memories? Still isn’t up on the Dutch PSN store…

@Fred

Is there a problem with posts showing up on this blog?

I was checking yesterday morning and didn’t really see any of the early posts, but when I’ve checked back this morning, there were loads.

Has anyone else seen this?

25.1

It’s called moderation.

It was more about the articles themselves, rather than the comment posts.

For example, yesterday, I could only see the Noih and Utawarerumono articles just after 2pm. now I can see there is the Knee Deep article, posted at 11:13am, which wasn’t there yesterday. So either there is a delay in the actual articles appearing or the posting times are incorrect.

Is Read Only Memories available anywhere? Missing from the Finnish store as well, apparently.

Yeah, both that and Her Majesty’s Spiffing failed to appear in most European region stores. In the case of the latter, they didn’t know they had to submit translation documents (they’ve said it’ll be fixed early 2017). Possibly a similiar situation for ROM, except all they’ve said on Twitter is that it’s an issue they’re aware of and they’re working to fix it.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history