Posted

Tekken 7 hits PS4 on 2nd June – watch the epic new trailer

New gameplay mechanics, Collector's Edition and PS4 exclusive content detailed

This is Isshak from Bandai Namco and I’m excited to announce that the next chapter in the legendary Tekken series will finally land in the hands of fighting game fans on 2nd June, 2017 when Tekken 7 hits PlayStation 4!

With the faithful 3D battle system intact, Tekken 7 takes the franchise to the next level with photo-realistic graphics and innovative features and fighting mechanics. Select characters from an expansive roster of your fan-favorites and new challengers, each with a distinct set of deadly techniques, martial arts moves, and combos.

Tekken 7 represents the final chapter of the 20-year-long Mishima feud. Experience the epic showdown to the emotionally charged family warfare between the members of the Mishima Clan as they struggle to settle old scores and wrestle for control of a global empire. The 7th King of the Iron Fist Tournament has begun and the world now hangs in the balance!

So what’s new in Tekken 7? Besides a dedicated story mode, an expanded roster of new characters, there’s also some brand new gameplay mechanics including:

Rage System

As your life bar depletes it will eventually start flashing red, indicating you’ve entered “Rage” mode. Once in “Rage” your character will deal more damage as well as gain access to two all-new devastating moves, the “Rage Art” and “Rage Drive”!

Rage Art

A super powerful armored attack that allows you to absorb hits and power through an enemy assault that can turn the tide of the match in the blink of an eye. The “Rage Art” provides players an easy comeback mechanic when they are far behind in any given match.

Tekken 7

Rage Drive

While not as destructive as the “Rage Art,” the “Rage Drive” is a strategic alternative that unleashes a devastating combo that will punish any opponent.

Power Crush

Also an armoured attack, this move will power through most attacks and shift momentum in your favour. The “Power Crush” can be risky if thrown out carelessly, but if timed properly, it will give you a physical and mental advantage.

Akuma from Street Fighter

Akuma joins the fray complete with his Shoto-style moveset. Akuma is very unique fighter in that he can utilize an “EX Meter” allowing him to pull off “EX” & super moves. The Great Demon comes to Tekken armed with many of his classic attacks, but each with a new spin and the potential to be comboed in unique ways.

Tekken 7

We’re also happy to announce our Tekken 7 Collector’s Edition featuring an awesome 35 by 45cm figure depicting Kazuya and Heihachi locked in an epic showdown. It will also include a special collectable steelbook and the official Tekken 7 soundtrack.

Additionally, anyone who pre-orders Tekken 7 will receive access to Eliza who previously appeared in Tekken Revolution!

We’re in it for the long haul with Tekken 7, the release is just the beginning! We’re also announcing the Season Pass to get you access to three content packs which feature new playable characters, stages, a game mode and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack! More details to come in the future.

Tekken 7

And to top it off, we haven’t forgotten about Tekken’s long history on the PlayStation. Tekken 7 will feature exclusive content on PlayStation 4: a Jukebox mode will allow you to create playlists composed of songs from previous games in the series and listen to them while playing the game. We’re also including some exclusive costumes for certain characters, straight out of Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for Jin, Xiaoyu and King.

Tekken 7

We can’t wait for the fans to get their hands on Tekken 7 on 2nd June, 2017! See you all in the arena!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

40 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

PFC_Hudson 23 January, 2017 @ 2:07 pm   1

Good news! Now you can get on with making a really good Ridge Racer for the PS4 which was missing from the console’s launch 😛

Where can I preorder the Collector’s Edition (in the U.K.)? Retailers only seem to have the regular edition available 🙁

Why is therea a lizard and a bear character in the game still? Bit stupid really! Big roaster and good graphics. Hope there’s no updates with wooden dolls character in it. Apart from silly characters game looks good. Hope there’s a arcade mode!

n-igerianking 23 January, 2017 @ 6:01 pm

you must be new to the tekken series, had you been playing since day 1 you would want them there…

ManikwithaNine 23 January, 2017 @ 7:09 pm

It’s not a tekken game without them
    What’s wrong with Kuma, panda and the mokujin?

You know there’s angels, demons, robots and clones too, right?

AlucardTepes_DE 28 January, 2017 @ 1:24 pm

This game was never a realistic fight game since the start(more over since Tekken2). Tekken is all about mechanics and zoning, if you want real fighters maybe you should look for EA’s sports section and enjoy the boredommmmzz of real life limitations.

A shame about the delay, but completely understand it. Can’t have another launch disaster like some other games. Love the boxart its so awesome, and glad to see Eliza coming back in this! The Jukebox is a really neat feature to add. Will it feature all the songs or just a select few from the different titles through the years?

Hyped for the game! 😀

Isshak Ferdjani 23 January, 2017 @ 2:38 pm

That’s exactly what we don’t want to do: compromise the quality of the game at the release!

Good question on the jukebox: I’ll try to find out!

NawriBinNawri 23 January, 2017 @ 2:41 pm   5

I will play this the whole summer! It’s been long since I’ve played Tekken

Nice 🙂 , will there be a demo?

homerthegreat 23 January, 2017 @ 5:25 pm   7

Awesome! Been waiting on this since I played it at EGX! 😀

Quick question though. Is the game still compatible with the PSVR? Been wondering what that would be since the announcement. 🙂

andrewsqual 23 January, 2017 @ 8:30 pm

It will probably be “Summer Lesson” with some of the female characters in the game since Team Tekken made that game 🙂
    But seriously something like that would be awesome but it could be more of a VR mode where its essentially a VR character model viewer or something.

HumanBe1ng 23 January, 2017 @ 6:27 pm   8

when is the pre-order for eu ? i can’t seem to be able .. and i really want the Eliza bonus

Isshak Ferdjani 24 January, 2017 @ 10:44 am

We’re still in contact with the different stores so keep an eye out throughout the week!

Awesome! I’m very hyped for the game and I’ll probably buy it day 1, but I’m a bit disappointed that there is an exclusive preorder character and a season pass – these practices seem to plague fighting games nowadays.

andrewsqual 23 January, 2017 @ 8:28 pm

Apparently us Tekken fans were asking for it too. Yeah, people were begging to be charged for the post launch free characters that came for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 instead of getting them……………. free.

Isshak Ferdjani 24 January, 2017 @ 10:46 am

I can understand your point of view but just to clarify: Eliza is not exclusive to pre order and will be available later, and we’re not done talking about the season pass. We have a few more surprises coming!

@Isshak Ferdjani Thanks for responding. I trust the Tekken team to be fair when it comes to DLC.

ManikwithaNine 23 January, 2017 @ 6:59 pm   10

If I press order a few days before release, will I still get the preorder bonus? I always usually preorder stuff a few days before release.

Isshak Ferdjani 24 January, 2017 @ 10:47 am

Do you mean digitally? Yes totally!

@ManikwithaNine
    Why should’t you get the preorder bonus, if you preorder?
    Preorder ends on June 1st 2017, 23:59:59. 🙂

PlayStation pro support?

Edmilson6 23 January, 2017 @ 7:10 pm   12

The king ♔ is Back baby!!!
Jin Kazama my king ♔ I can’t wait to meet you and defeat Kazuya and heiachi!
WHOEVER WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO GET DESTROYED ON 2ND OF JUNE 2017 JUST AND ME ON YOUR PSN AS Edmilson6

andrewsqual 23 January, 2017 @ 8:27 pm

Nope, Tekken has more games in the series that were 100% offline games and that is the way I’m still predominately going to be playing it. I will eventually go online to get whatever STUPID online trophies I will need for the Platinum trophy but that is it.

Thundercracker12 23 January, 2017 @ 8:19 pm   13

Why is it coming out for ps4 in June and not for xbox too I’m so sick and tired of this console war [DELETED] if the game is coming to both consoles then realease them at the same time have both consoles just like playing my fighting games on xbox more.

andrewsqual 23 January, 2017 @ 9:17 pm

Err it is coming on all 3 platforms on June 2nd. This is the PlayStation blog where all assets/images are PlayStation related and show only pics of the PlayStation versions most of the time. And if you are joking, you weren’t very obvious about it.

andrewsqual 23 January, 2017 @ 9:22 pm

And you like playing your fighting games more on the console with one of the worst d-pads in the last decade? Fair enough, to each their own I guess.

andrewsqual 23 January, 2017 @ 9:20 pm   14

Wait, that “beauty” shot above of the Collector’s Edition makes it look like it comes with the Season Pass since its mentioning the Season Pass. Is this the case then? If not, its very confusing why it would be put there on the official press “beauty” shot of the contents of a specific edition of a game.

andrewsqual 24 January, 2017 @ 6:08 pm

Ah, its up on Amazon UK and the Season Pass does indeed come with it. Bit steep at the £150 price though? Breakfast to blame? (and that wasn’t an autocorrect error)

Maybe get the word out there about the Season Pass and CE since a lot of websites are reporting no Season Pass with the CE, although maybe it doesn’t come with it in the US version.

Biig--Bouni 23 January, 2017 @ 9:55 pm   15

Yess. It’s about time. I cannot wait

dark_angel69 23 January, 2017 @ 10:02 pm   16

I remember reading ages ago that there would be some PSVR Content for the game. Is this still happening or has plans been changed?

z10111213 23 January, 2017 @ 10:37 pm   17

Hi there TEKKEN community!

Can someone tell me when the game will be on PS STORE and if there are going to be any DELUXE or GOLD editions there because I really want everything I can get from there for the game.

P.S. Don’t ask me why am I not going to buy the CD from my local store.

Because it’s 2017 and discs are for losers?

Isshak Ferdjani 24 January, 2017 @ 10:50 am

Hey! Yes the game will have a Deluxe edition on PSN which includes the season pass. Pre-order it to get Eliza for free!

Very important question! Will the game support PS3 Arcade sticks, as Skullgirls and Street Fighter V do?

Prem-aka-Prince 24 January, 2017 @ 7:44 am   19

I still love my Tekken 6 hoodie from… 10 years ago, wow time flies. The steelbook looks moderately nice (will depend on the final surface), but I don’t like any of the other bonuses and I definitely don’t want a bulky paperweight so sadly I’m not paying £70 or £130 for it…

Prem-aka-Prince 24 January, 2017 @ 7:46 am

self-correction, 2007 was the arcade release, October 2009 was the home release. Still feels like a lifetime ago…

andrewsqual 24 January, 2017 @ 6:06 pm

Yeah and the hoodie didn’t fit me properly back then lol. I also picked up the Arcade Stick Edition later at a around 30 quid where I worked 🙂

jamestillett 25 January, 2017 @ 10:41 am   20

At long last how about time crisis 5 every play station console version of time & why no re-worked version of an earlier version of Tekken like Tekken 5 as a bonus

Good ???????? Waiting

AlucardTepes_DE 28 January, 2017 @ 1:27 pm   22

Dang, due to the leak in steam, I alredy charged my psn wallet with enough money before I got fired from my job to buy the game… and now delayed. q.q