Posted

Tearaway Unfolded and Disc Jam are your PlayStation Plus games this March

Joining them are Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late, Earth Defense Force 2025, Lumo and Severed

March is here, and with it comes a new wave of PS Plus games. This month there’s papercraft, high-speed sports and visual novels abound.

Tearaway Unfolded

Unfold an incredible adventure and uncover the true power of the Dualshock 4 to join forces with Atoi the Messenger in a daring quest to deliver a top-secret message in her magical papery world, save her pals in peril and battle the monsters trying to stop her delivery!

Disc Jam

Disc Jam is a fast-paced action-sports game that pits 2-4 players against each other in a frantic combination of air hockey and tennis. Players scramble to retrieve and throw a glowing disc while unleashing devastating abilities and defending their end zone.

In addition to these titles, PS Plus members will also be able to enjoy a classic isometric adventure in Lumo, which is available on PS4 and PS Vita as a Cross Buy title, lose themselves in the splendour of a visual novel/2D fighting game crossover with Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late on PS3, or fight off obnoxious aliens in Earth Defense Force 2025, also on PS3. You want more? Alright then! Also joining this month’s PS Plus offerings is PS Vita dungeon crawler Severed.

Here’s the full line-up, available to download on 7th March:

Last call for February

You still have a chance to grab any titles you might have missed from February before the 7th March:

110 Comments
2 Author replies

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

1.1

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

1.2

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

1.3

I [DELETED] love this months games!!!

Show more replies

Great line up for March. Can’t wait!!!

2.1

If I still had a ps3 I’d agree but for the others its another month to skip.

Great Month imo!
I always wanted to get Lumo, Severed and Tearaway. I also tried Disc Jam on Beta, very enjoyable game I just wish that they add bots for offline playing.

ste_the_legend 01 March, 2017 @ 17:03
3.1

I’m of the same view regarding Disc jam. I really don’t like games that are multi-player only. It can be daunting to jump into a MP game when you can’t practice in a single player game to get the basics of the game.

CluckNuggets 02 March, 2017 @ 00:14
3.2

It’s on PC soon anyway so really why would you want to pay to play the multi-player only game too?

Why is there no information for the PS3 and Vita games? I want to know what they are!

4.1

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3)
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
Severed (PS Vita)

And since there’s no editing your comments which is required here, I mean what are the games? I know their names but nothing about them!

5.1

Click the links. Though two aren’t hyperlinked. I’m afraid you’ll have to resort to Google for your needs.

Another bad month struggling to remember the last good month…. Xbox Gold has been killing it lately compared to PS Plus…. My 12 month sub is up soon will not be renewing.

6.1

Yeah, killing it.. a game so bad that it went free to play on pc and got no further support and an ”indie game”. shame that you can only complain.

Herbalistiikka 01 March, 2017 @ 17:28
6.2

Gold is more or less handing out games that have already been on PS+ so it’s more or less catching up rather than “killing it”.

6.3

my subscription ran out a few days ago, and this month line-up is not convincing me to renew.
never had an xbox, but I like very much what they a doing with the new service Game Pass.
will Sony have something similar? I would sign-up for that.

You just don’t want my money… okay…

7.1

Xbox will take it .
Bye bye now .

nicgutierrez 02 March, 2017 @ 15:07
7.2

aegaegaegaeg

Amazing month! A lot of cool stuff to play :D

StevenJamesHyde 01 March, 2017 @ 16:48

Great stuff, especially on Vita. I’ve had Severed wishlisted for ages, and although I already own Lumo it’s well worth playing (one of the hardest Platinum trophies of all time, though – be warned)

Tearaway Unfolded is a nice addition, too. Two decent retail titles for PS4 in as many months – let’s hope that’s a sign of things to come

Sony gives us the residue from the scrapings of the bowl – again. Just give us a decent title every couple of months will you for gods sake!

10.1

They do. Pretty much every month. Try them instead of moaning.

Still nothing for PSVR then?

11.1

There shouldn’t be tbf. Very small install base and would be massively harsh to non VR owners.

….yes I have VR.

Tearaway and EDF for me this month (I already have Lumo and Severed)…

Arthurlantern 01 March, 2017 @ 16:56

” PS Plus members will also be able to enjoy a classic isometric adventure in Lumo, which is available on PS4 and PS Vita as a Cross Buy title” Begining of a reduction in PS Vita plus games? Great game though!

13.1

How is that a reduction, there are still two?

Possibly because Lumo isn’t even a game you can play through to the end. It’s got a bug in it that renders it unplayable.

More garbage hardly anyone will bother playing!! Seriously why does PS3 no longer get popular games that people will play? It won’t be long before the console is dead so why you put nothing but rubbish on is beyond a joke…. Apart from tearaway that is a another kids game the rest are just rubbish! PS plus games use to always be good now its just full if tat… Yet another month I won’t bother playing anything.. I use to always play PS plus games especially on PS3… I haven’t played a plus game in about 8 months… And even then it was one from ages ago.. No reason PS3 shouldn’t be getting AAA games every month… I use to always be on my PS3 playing plus games. Been 6 months since I’ve been on it due to no good plus games. Sony you are killing the PS3… Unlike Xbox who keep thinking of their 360 owners ad giving them good games…

14.1

Cancel then, instead of [DELETED] about it on a forum.

Herbalistiikka 01 March, 2017 @ 17:26
14.2

That’s some mighty “if I don’t like it, nobody does” mentality right there. I honestly urge you to look at past PS+ games and tell it’s all good. It never was, it never will. There will always be ups and downs and they can never please everyone.

Nearly all of the 360 games (and the games in general, even for One) that are coming out of Gold are games that have actually been on PS+ already and the PS3 library is really exhausted from “good” (=popular in this case) games to hand out.

warensembler83 01 March, 2017 @ 18:05
14.3

Severed is amazing. If you have a Vita try it out :)

Show more replies
CsabelitoHUN 01 March, 2017 @ 16:57

i’m actually really happy for Tearaway Unfolded

That Japanese style fighting game on ps3 looks awful

X_Blood_Curse_X 01 March, 2017 @ 17:21
16.1

Why does it? Ive actually got it, it’s really good if you like games like Guilty Gear and Persona 4 Arena

All of them for me, not got any this month but many ones I’d like to try.

Great month! Tearaway and Severed are most welcome.

Best PS Plus month for a very long time .
Thank you for both of the PS4 titles :)

19.1

what year are you from? 1963? care to search ps+ games in our times on the net?

19.2

This months game suit me fine .
Feel free to cry about the lack of AAA titles , ohh maybe you can cry for Horizon : Zero Dawn .

ste_the_legend 01 March, 2017 @ 17:04

Not the worst month. 5/10

FortyTwo_ish 01 March, 2017 @ 17:13

PS Plus is like an Independent film studio, you will get some Tarantino, but most of the time you get someTommy Wiseau.

Games with gold is like a Blockbuster studio. You won’t get your Episodes IV-VI, but you will get The Phantom Menace.

I guess it’s pick your poison.I personally got tired of Sony and went where the grass is “greener”. This month won’t make me change my mind.

21.1

“I guess it’s pick your poison.I personally got tired of Sony and went where the grass is “greener”.”

Amsterdam?

X_Blood_Curse_X 01 March, 2017 @ 17:27

I own under night and EDF so that’s disappointing, but thumbs up for some decent ps3 games for once. More full games on PS3/Vita and less cross-buy padding please

Nothing special but not bad either.

I let my membership expire a few months ago.. I really thought i’d renew by now but a vita remaster which is quite short and seems to be very much a kids game and disc jam.. a multiplayer title that combines air hockey and tennis… I mean it’s just not good… it looks rubbish in my opinion. Every month I hope sony will turn it around but this stuff they give away just isn’t worth the space on my hard drive.

Onlyrealmatze 01 March, 2017 @ 17:52
24.1

It is not a real remaster, they changed the levels and they added a lot of new ones. It’s like a Zelda game, so it depends on how you define a kids game.

Layers of Fear, Evolve and Borderlands 2 on Xbox vs this? Well, another month I am disappointed. This wont convince me to buy PS+.

25.1

”indie game”, one of the worst games of 2015 that went free to play because of it and a game that is like.. 6 years old? that we already got it on PS Plus? come on, stop it with the unnecessary hate.

Onlyrealmatze 01 March, 2017 @ 17:54
25.2

Borderlands was in PS+ in 2013 so you won’t be seeing this again on Plus.

warensembler83 01 March, 2017 @ 18:04
25.3

Evolve is a F2P game, Layers of Fear is short and not that great to be honest. Tearaway and Severed are much better games in my opinion. Borderlands 2 for 360 was great, that one I can agree on.

Show more replies

This lineup actually looks kinda interesting. Nothing to complain.

Very good month enjoyed Tearaway on the vita but I didn’t complete it. I have also heard good things about Disc Jam.

Onlyrealmatze 01 March, 2017 @ 17:50

Awesome month, love Tearaway, played it on PS4 and PSVita.
I always wanted to play Severed, Disc Jam looks like a fun party game.
EDF was always fun, I think I don’t own this one :)

Oh my God why haven’t we had horizon zero dawn!! Another crap month with no new AAA games sort it out sony! That’s sarcasm BTW ???? great month again all the moaners should just [DELETED] off to xbox live if there so much better.

warensembler83 01 March, 2017 @ 18:02

Tearaway and Severed are amazing games. It’s a pity I already own them, but that’s life. I still have Disc Jam to look forward to, though, it looks like a lot of fun. Great month IMO.

severed? nice. wait..i just sold my vita lol

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 01 March, 2017 @ 18:08

Now this is more like it! Just hope it’s not just a one-hit wonder and good quality is considered every month.

Ahhh… good leaks then.

Not a bad month, looking forward to tearaway, although im looking forward to the 4.5 update more than any game at the mo , got my my external drive ready to fill up with games :) cmon sony just press that button

Everybody get up it’s time to slam now, we got a real jam goin’ down, welcome to the Disc Jam.

jason-bridges 01 March, 2017 @ 18:32

Let down

Kudos for Tearaway Unfolded (I have it bought already on both Vita and PS4, anyway) and Severed, maybe Disc Jam is fun, but the rest don’t interest me.

Wait, first I thought that you give us limbo for the second time,but Wikipedia says that even in the third…
164 and 343

personally i played all three via cross play

38.1

Ooops,my bad,its Lumo,not Limbo)
never comment something when playing Horizon)

38.2

Ha, credit for coming back with the correction though ;)

38.3

Tearaway Unfolded is hardly indie…

Not amazing. But not surprised.

Lumo has a game breaking bug. You are giving a broken game for plus. New low. Please replace this with a game that works.

Finka_Karfein 01 March, 2017 @ 19:34

Awesome month on all platforms. I already own both versions of Tearaway and platted Severed on Vita but I’m happy about EDF.

Ok cool,bad Indie games as always. No wonder no one I know even bother buying Indie games anymore. Poor Indie developers… All thanks to Sony.

Carnivius_Prime 01 March, 2017 @ 22:02

Nice! I bought Tearaway Unfolded in a sale a lil while ago and it’s a lovely game. Severed can go straight on my Vita :)

Ah and Lumo is a game I’ve been meaning to buy and now I don’t have to. :D

Don’t waste your HD space with Lumo. It’s got a corrupted save data bug that makes it unplayable. Even the disc version has it.

nicgutierrez 02 March, 2017 @ 15:08
43.2

HI, I’m a test comment

Sammy______Snake 01 March, 2017 @ 22:04

Better than the [DELETED] from last month but only a small improvement, I feel like if you’re going to give out tearaway you should be giving out the vita version too. That’s something I actually want to play.

Thankful for EDF, that’s a rarer game that holds its price quite well and a cult fave, I loved original EDF, I even got completed inferno. First thing I’ve actually wanted to play on the service in aaages.

I imagine for most it looks like a pretty poor month again though.

Sammy______Snake 01 March, 2017 @ 22:10

Thought you guys might have stepped it up to combat XBONES sub netflix style service

It’s rare I have not heard of any of them. I think this speaks more for me than it does for the selection, as everyone else seems quite excited about one title or another. Maybe I am out of it.

I think they have pretty much given up on giving out decent PS3 titles though. It’s a shame because we got some great ones for a while there and there are plenty of big name games that are awesome but old that we could still be getting.

The_David_Diablo 01 March, 2017 @ 23:50

Par the course for Sony, another lacklustre month. To be expected after last month’s “big” game, LBP3… I couldn’t care less about the PS plus games frankly since nearly every month, they are games I’ve never heard of. It’s been said before and I’ll say it again, give those of us who want to play online, but don’t give a crap about these “free” games a cheaper, PS plus lite that allows us to play online, but gets none of the “perks”. Frankly, I’m tired of paying a premium for this sub par service…

CluckNuggets 02 March, 2017 @ 00:06

Sticking with my Humble Monthly bundle on Friday. Last months was freaking amazing.

Free Games are usually crap for plus users in the west. How come Hong Kong got the same games as us last month I.e little big planet etc but they also had until dawn too. Can someone from play station please explain?

CluckNuggets 02 March, 2017 @ 00:10
49.1

Yeah, Until Dawn is amazing. That’s the kind of content they should be giving people.

GamerOfAllTypes1 02 March, 2017 @ 00:30
49.2

It’s cowing rediculous, the Chinese get AN EXTRA GAME, for February, January they had a choice between The Order 1886 or God of War Remastered. What is going on! Why is the Westen World possibly discriminated against.Please treat everyone fairly, Sony!!!

scoobyganguk1 02 March, 2017 @ 00:48

Your free games stink. Seriously thinking of going over to the dark side where you get games like project cars and borderlands free. Not [DELETED] indie games.

50.1

PS+ already had borderlands. XBox are playing catch up – when you think about it, the games they give are either “already on PS+” or “really lame – contestably worse than Sony” with the ODD one smashed out the ball park.

If you’re a long term PS+ subscriber, then – current climate – neither place is the best place, with one playing catch up, and the other playing hang back.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.