Posted

No Man’s Sky’s new Path Finder update brings vehicles, PS4 Pro support and much more

Unlock new Exocraft, try Permadeath and snap shots in Photo Mode

Here at Hello Games, we’re excited to be releasing our next free content update for No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it the Path Finder Update. It adds planetary vehicles plus lots more to our game, and shows the path forward for the future.

No Man's Sky

We were surprised, excited and overwhelmed by the positive response to our last update (Foundation), and it made us even more passionate about continuing to update this game we love.

Here’s a summary of the things we’ve added:

• PlayStation 4 Pro support
  • Improved visuals
  • Owning multiple ships
  • Base sharing online
  • New vehicles – Exocraft
  • Permadeath Mode
  • Build vehicle race tracks
  • Ship specialisations and classes
  • Shop/traders
  • Double the base building variety
  • Multi-tool specialisation and classes
  • New weapon modes
  • Photo Mode
  • Discovery menu
  • Quality of life improvements
  • 50% more original music from 65daysofstatic

That’s a lot, but let’s give a little more detail about some of the biggest additions.

As the title suggests, Path Finder heralds a new era of planetary exploration in No Man’s Sky. New vehicles, called Exocraft, enable explorers to travel at great speed across even the most inhospitable planetary terrains. There are three Exocraft to unlock and collect through Base Building, each of which can be further improved with powerful weaponry, mining equipment and long-range scanners to maximise their effectiveness.

No Man's Sky

For those seeking the ultimate challenge, we’ve introduced a brutally difficult new game mode called Permadeath. Not only does this mode mirror the high difficulty level of Survival mode (which, by the way, has been made harder with damaged ships crash landing on planets), but dying will also wipe your saves and start you from the beginning. Of course, this deserves recognition, so new Trophies have been introduced for Survival and Permadeath mode.

No Man’s Sky has never looked better, with a host of visual improvements, including new high-resolution textures, improved lighting, ambient occlusion and, of course, PS4 Pro support.

Players looking to capture their favourite moments can also make use of a new Photo Mode. This screenshot tool lets players change the time of day, increase or decrease fog and cloud levels, unlock their camera for the perfect angle, and even add filters to their screenshots. We can’t wait to see what the community can come up with!

No Man's Sky

Each ship and weapon in the game now has a specialisation (like fighter, hauler, scientific) and class (A, B, C and the ultra rare S). New offensive weapon types have been added for starships and multi-tools, and you can now purchase multiple ships and store them in your freighter.

The full patch notes are pretty lengthy, so head over to the official Path Finder website for more info.

Thank you again for your support. We hope you enjoy the update.

23 Comments
0 Author replies

Genuinely awesome that you guys are working so hard on post release content for this game – is there a release date for the patch? I got the game shortly after launch, and put about 8 hours in, which I enjoyed a lot. But when you started talking about updates and stuff I decided to hold off for a while. I’ve been waiting for the right time to jump back in and it looks like this is it. I can’t wait to get back in the world and start exploring again. Good work!

HereComesTrouble 09 March, 2017 @ 00:12
1.1

The update is live now.

1.2

Cheers!

Wow looking good, this might just get me playing again! :)

(PS whats up with the EU PS site lately, sometimes can’t login, can’t get on the forums. Not good)

TIMETRAVEL1966 08 March, 2017 @ 18:35

Thankyou No Man’s Sky

Thanks but just a tad to late for me .
Nice to see your still trying with this game though shows dedication but all wee wanted was Online pvp.
Many thanks though .

Captain9Fingers 08 March, 2017 @ 19:06

Ooooh might have to dig my old disc out of the attic and have another play

JoystickJedi 08 March, 2017 @ 19:13

Really excited by the trailer and looks to be a fascinating and deep update! Thanks! Particularly like the PS4 Pro support and extra trophy thoughts- looking forward to tackling them!

Can’t wait! Good stuff.

How about mining tools and people spawn for planet and space stations and resources farming for a future update

Finka_Karfein 08 March, 2017 @ 19:57

One or two more patches and I’m going to actually buy NMS :)

This game as I’ve said before is something quite special, updates are just adding to it, I can get lost for hrs wondering around just excellent work guys.

Wishlist time!!!

Would like low flying like the PC mod………….. Only to appreciate it more.
Oh and I’d like to take animal/s as pets ya know just the small ones :) just because on some planets I see an animal and think to myself I might never see it again, nobody might ever see it at all!
Also I’d like hang pictures in my base (of picture I’ve captured).

CluckNuggets 08 March, 2017 @ 22:44

It would be best if they’d add something that makes all of the farming and grinding worthwhile. Following the path or getting to the centre are the only real objectives, and both are a giant kick in the nuts.

Not played this in some time but ill definitely be going back to it. I do hope with this Pro support you include a 60fps or target of 60FPS. I rather have better framerate than better graphics or higher resolution.

nelsonalex871 09 March, 2017 @ 03:17
12.1

Yup targeting 60fps and it looks like 1800p resolution :) and it gets better, graphical upgrade overall

This game is crying out for a VR mode… Perhaps when the aim controller is released?
Pretty please?

My Base has vanished after the update, i hope i’m not alone with this Problem?

Great update. Thx and Keep going guys, good work!

Never going back.

My only wish at this point is remappable controls, to make playing on Vita remote play a viable option. Just need to be able to switch the trigger buttons to L and R 1 instead of 2.

Update sounds great. Traded in the game a couple of days after release but decided to pick it up again in the PS Store sale for €16 – bargain!

Carnivius_Prime 09 March, 2017 @ 20:25

Hm. It is pretty cheap on PS store at moment. I’ve never actually played it. Maybe I will.

19.1

If you enjoy grinding and repetitive gameplay, go grab it. I’ll get it for half of current offer or as ps plus freebie.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history