Posted

New SHAREfactory update lets you import your own media into your projects

Plus, new text effects, Clone Clip feature, themes, stickers and optimisations

Today we are releasing a new update to SHAREfactory, including big new features requested by the community. With SHAREfactory update 2.5, you can import your own videos or images from USB to be use in your projects; you can add new text effects to help personalise your videos; and you will also be able to edit clips in SHAREfactory directly from the Capture Gallery.

TITLE

We’re extremely happy to be able to allow users to import video and images into SHAREfactory, as our Community have been requesting this feature since launch. Using content from a USB drive, you can import your own videos and images to be used as your custom intro, title and outro clips, as well as the option to use your own artwork as stickers.

TITLE

The new update also adds the Clone Clip feature. This addition allows you to easily duplicate any clip being used in your project and retain all of the existing filters, stickers and text. This enables much quicker editing when using the same video and effects throughout your edits to share your gameplay experiences.

TITLE

Additionally, SHAREfactory’s 2.5 update allows you to select up to 16 video clips or screenshots from your Capture Gallery and launch directly into SHAREfactory for editing. This feature will quickly create a project using the content that is selected in the Capture Gallery, making creating and sharing a video easier than ever before.

TITLE

Other features in this update include:

• New Infomercial SHAREfactory Theme
  • New Photo Mode collages with support for up to 16 images
  • New Photo Mode templates
  • New stickers
  • Contextual Help has now been added throughout SHAREfactory
  • Updates to the UI

As with every SHAREfactory update, the feedback we receive is very important and we always strive to improve SHAREfactory based on requests and feedback we receive. The responses we receive are always appreciated so please continue to reach out and show us your creations. We love to see them!

Have fun and happy editing!

24 Comments
10 Author replies

Yes! Amazing update guys! Importing our own videos is something I’ve wanted for ages! Thank you!

Stuart Platt 10 March, 2017 @ 23:03
1.1

We are extremely happy to have added this feature to our update. Thanks!

XXDigitalFireXX 10 March, 2017 @ 12:27

I think the import video feature is broken. I can import music and images but it cant find the folder for video on my usb.

Lt_Fed_Brusque 10 March, 2017 @ 12:42
2.1

I had the same thing at first. You need to create a new folder on your USB under Share Factory/Videos and copy your videos there. Then it’ll work :)

Stuart Platt 10 March, 2017 @ 23:07
2.2

Yup! You need to create a VIDEOS directory in your SHAREFACTORY folder on your USB drive. Thanks!

Lt_Fed_Brusque 10 March, 2017 @ 12:41

This works brilliantly! :D I edited some videos I shot on my phone last night and it works a treat. Thanks so much for this :D

Stuart Platt 10 March, 2017 @ 23:02
3.1

Glad you like it! Enjoy!

GUN_SLAYER101 10 March, 2017 @ 15:53

Yo i need help. Im trying to import my mp4 youtube intro video from my USB but i get an error saying “Video I-Frame interval setting is not supported” what does it mean and how do i fix it. I would be appreciate the help

Stuart Platt 10 March, 2017 @ 23:05
4.1

Hey there. That message refers to a Keyframe interval issue. We support up to an interval of 60 but recommend 30. For additional info please refer to page 68 of our user manual which can be accessed from in the app or from our Live Area. Thanks!

ZRK_YOUTUBE_LOBI 11 March, 2017 @ 17:58
4.2

Hey yes need help to ! My intro YOUTUBE are in 720 p for 30 fps and this problème is here

What I’d like is an optional grid overlay with ‘snap to grid’, to help consistently position/space text, stickers, etc.

Amazing update but i’m having a problem with the image import option. i haven’t tried to import custom video clips but images isn’t quite working for me. I created a PS4 folder, then a folder named “SHARE” then “Screenshots”. i have put the image i wanted into the screenshot folder but when i plugged my USB into my PS4, images don’t come up in the “Import Images” tab. i went to the media player and tried to view the image and it works fine but can’t import on ShareFactory. the image is png. PLEASE HELP!

Stuart Platt 11 March, 2017 @ 01:45
6.1

Hey there. On your USB drive you need to create a SHAREFACTORY folder and then create the VIDEOS, IMAGES and MUSIC folders for importing. So for example SHAREFACTORY/IMAGES. Thanks!

SmurfSyndrome 12 March, 2017 @ 05:29

im trying to figure out how what video format is supported with this whole being able to import your videos from a flash drive. i played a game on my pc and rendered it an mp4 so i can import it to sharefactory but it says it’s not supported. i’ve looked up the notes and i love the new update but it’s not specific on what video formats is supported if you fan help me out that would be very greatly appreciated thanks.

SmurfSyndrome 12 March, 2017 @ 05:37

when i try to import is says “frame interval setting is not supported” i dont know what that means

Stuart Platt 13 March, 2017 @ 21:46
8.1

Hello. Thanks for the comment. The I-Frame message relates to the number of key frames in the video. The Keyframe interval must be 60 frames or less with a recommended setting of 30. There are many free tools out there to help you re-encode your videos. Have you confirmed your videos are within the range? I hope this helps. You can also refer to page 68 of the online manual for more info. The manual can be accessed from within the app or from the Live Area of SHAREfactory. Thanks.

great update but i cant import any videos i have it in the folder /sharefactory/videos and it wont work i get loads of errors i can import music but the videos say either Video I-Frame interval setting is not supported or unable to open file or video or audio format is not supported i have it rendered correctly at 720p 30fps and it wont work please help

HAPPYJUICE17 12 March, 2017 @ 19:11
9.1

I’ve had the same thing, but I’m not sure how to fix it.

Stuart Platt 13 March, 2017 @ 21:46
9.2

Hello. Thanks for the comment. The I-Frame message relates to the number of key frames in the video. The Keyframe interval must be 60 frames or less with a recommended setting of 30. There are many free tools out there to help you re-encode your videos. I hope this helps. You can also refer to page 68 of the online manual for more info. The manual can be accessed from within the app or from the Live Area of SHAREfactory. Thanks.

HAPPYJUICE17 12 March, 2017 @ 19:07

I love this update, and I have imported a couple of green screen clips. The problem I’m having is that when I try to import certain videos, I get the error message, “Error inspecting clips.” I’ve tried looking at the user manual, but I couldn’t find anything on it. Some guidance could help me out :P

ZombieStriker_99 12 March, 2017 @ 21:58

I have been editing for the past year now and always wanted to import videos. Thank you for the feature but i have ran into a couple problems, video I-Frame interval settings is not supported, could anyone help me out with this?

Stuart Platt 13 March, 2017 @ 21:47
11.1

Metodo_Perfecto 13 March, 2017 @ 00:16

I tried to upload a video to Share Factory but I can’t because i get en error saying:

Bitrate setting not admitted. Why is this? Can somebody help me?

Stuart Platt 13 March, 2017 @ 21:49
12.1

Hello. Thanks for the comment. The Bitrate setting can be up to 22MBPS. There are many free tools out there to help you re-encode your videos. Have you confirmed your videos are within the range? You can also check out page 68 of the online manual for more info. The manual can be accessed from within the app or from the Live Area of SHAREfactory. Thanks.

Spacemann1234 13 March, 2017 @ 01:34

can you make an option where we can make our own stickers, Music

Stuart Platt 13 March, 2017 @ 21:51
13.1

You can import images and music from USB to use as stickers and for your own music track. You just need a USB drive with the folders SHAREFACTORY/MUSIC and SHAREFACTORY/IMAGES. Then use the Import Content screen in the app. Thanks!

I am trying to import a 30fps intro and I am getting the “I-Frame message”

GRAY-GREEN_90 20 March, 2017 @ 23:11

What programs can you use to change the key frames for a video?

Hi, great update. However, I have a problem with the image resolution. What is the max resolution for the image?

When will the clip limit be expanded upon? Being limited to redubbing only 10 tracks worth of audio is MASSIVELY inhibitory to the creation of content, so much so I’ve stopped using sharefactory, that and none of these new features even remotely entice me back for my important projects.

THE_J0KER_10_3 23 March, 2017 @ 21:57

Mine is telling me the the formatting is wrong what can i do to fix it

michael36_96 29 March, 2017 @ 00:29

my frame rate is 24, and it won’t read my intro, why is that

michael36_96 29 March, 2017 @ 00:38

k, i see a manual that say i can use keyframe interval of 60 frames or less and 30 should be recommended, i have a intro video that has 24 frames rate, why is it giving me a message saying video keyframe interval settings is not supported

CruisingKiller5 29 March, 2017 @ 02:09

Hey. I need some help I’m trying to import my video but it keeps saying unable to open file. Please help me

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.