Posted

PS4 shooter Drawn To Death joins PS Plus next month

Details on five newly announced features that'll be part of the game come 4th April's launch

Hey y’all, it’s Jaffe, game director over at The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency and I have a confession to make. For the past few months, whenever players would suggest that Drawn To Death would be a perfect fit as one of the games with PlayStation Plus, I’d have to bite my tongue (and if you know me, you know that ain’t easy!)

All I could do was nod and say, “That’d be great. We’d love it, but no plans for that. Nice idea though!”

But behind the scenes we had been talking to the folks over at PS Plus. I wanted to find a way to invite all of you PS Plus members into this experience and give you a look at what really excites me about games these days. We’ve been working on Drawn To Death for nearly three years, and over time, it really has become this robust, highly competitive game – and we haven’t even talked about a lot of the new features … yet. Needless to so say, I thought you could all help us build an unbelievable community for the game.

I just couldn’t say anything.

Until now.

We just couldn’t wait any longer to share the good news, so here – finally – loud and proud and excited as-all-get-out, allow me to announce that on 4th April Drawn To Death launches and PS Plus members will be able to play it from the same time!

Drawn To Death, as you may know, is the 3rd person hybrid shooter/brawler that takes place entirely inside the pages of a high school kid’s notebook. All of the kid’s creative drawings come to life and battle it out in this highly competitive, fast paced, online action game.

Drawn To Death

Besides the surprisingly tactical combat, unique over the tops levels, and fantastically deep characters, there’s a lot more to Drawn To Death that we haven’t really talked about. Here are the five coolest new features we’ve added to the game that will be included at launch:

1. Sphinx missions

Wake the mysterious Sphinx and see if you can solve her 8 battle-focused riddles. For every riddle solved, a new weapon – or a new level – will be rewarded!

Drawn To Death

2. Character centric missions

Besides levelling up characters, Players will also have the opportunity to work through 15 action-centric missions per each of the game’s 6 launch characters. Earn costumes and rare Taunts as you work your way through your favorite characters. Master all of the character missions and you may come face to face with the Volcano God!

Drawn To DeathDrawn To Death

3. Mystery boxes

Who doesn’t love Mystery Boxes?!? The Drawn To Death mystery boxes are filled to the brim with amazing character taunts and insanely creative character skins! Get a free mystery nox just by playing three matches online and then earn mystery boxes for every 150 kills you execute on the battlefield!

Drawn To Death

4. Climb the tower

The Drawn To Death launch tower is based on the theme Dark Fairy Tales, and if you play in ranked mode, you’ll have a chance to reach the tower’s top, earning insane stickers for every floor you reach!

Drawn To DeathDrawn To Death

5. Insane mystery special offer

I’m not at liberty to go into detail or spoil the surprise but let me just say this: “Destroy my enemies and my life…is yours!”

Drawn To Death

I hope I’ve gotten you at least interested enough to consider checking out Drawn To Death and perhaps even adding it into your game collection.

And if I haven’t yet convinced you- or even if I have!- I wanted you to know that myself and a handful of the Bartlet Jones crew will be doing a live stream of the game tonight at 10pm GMT/11pm CET to show off the game and all these new features. We’ll also be taking questions, talking games in general, and heck, who knows, maybe there’ll even be a surprise or two! Hope you can join us!

Take care, y’all- and as always, thanks for the support and interest in all the games we’ve worked on over the years. We’re nothing without you!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

andrewsqual 15 March, 2017 @ 3:57 pm   2

One positive for you Jaffe, at least there are more diverse launch characters here then there was in the last Twisted Metal game, a series that is supposed to have an interesting and substantial cast.
Anyway, this is a great way to get interest in the game right out the gate 🙂

chrisboers 15 March, 2017 @ 4:09 pm   3

What’s up with all those online only games lately? why not include a proper SP offline mode of AI bots? Disc Jam this month, and DtD in April. Two games I will never play, as I hate playing online.
Not happy with this.

TomBombFR 15 March, 2017 @ 4:24 pm

I know, man. It’s outrageous. What’s up with that, Sony? How dare you not tailor the PS+ games specifically for chrisboers’ needs? He said no online only games! You see what you did? He’s not happy now.

On a different note: well played, David. It’s hard to get traction with an online only game. Doing this is a good way to get people to give it a go (I know I will). Thanks!

wow you sound like a loser! get a grip!

Mojo__Man 15 March, 2017 @ 7:08 pm

So you subscribe to an ONLINE service and moan about online games? How odd.

TKC-Muzzer 15 March, 2017 @ 11:34 pm

Hold your complaining? PS+ is required to play online games and you moan because the games they give away are online? What gives? Please don’t tell me you pay for PS+ on the off chance you will get a AAA single player title included at some point. Why are you paying for PS+ if you don’t play online? Put the money towards a single player only game.

Fleexie 16 March, 2017 @ 4:55 pm

TomBombFR
    You may think you are real funny making fun about this guys views on things.
    Though, DiscJam for example well several days and people hardly could find an online match. Maybe an error? Maybe low on players who knows. The thing is, it is just a game thrown away then.

As for iero, get a grip and don’t just call people losers. Your way of just jumping the gun shows that you are really insecure as you have to belittle others.

Mojo_Man & TKC-Muzzer
    It’s an online service for PS4 yes, but there are still lots of people that had it before PS4. Some keeps it not in hope for just AAA games. But generally games that they may not have tried otherwise.
    It is still not a only a online subscription service, it contains more. So saying it’s online service therefor people can’t have the opinion that they also want decent SP games is just weird. At least accept other people have different opinions than you.
    PS. Some people also have PS+ to access their past PS+ games. You should really consider there is more into PS+ than just Online.

Mojo__Man 17 March, 2017 @ 6:52 pm

Greetings Fleexie.

You understand this is only half of next months PS4 offering, yes? Therefore it is completely unreasonable to be whining about it being an online game. It is nonsense to moan about ill-acceptance of things you don’t like when the OP kicked off this debate with that very viewpoint.

Obviously a large percentage of subs are people that enjoy this sort of thing.

The OP should chill and wait for the other games to be announced, frankly.

Fleexie 20 March, 2017 @ 9:32 pm

Mojo_Man
    I know it’s just 1 of the games, but OP’s statement wasn’t saying there were only Online only games. But that recently we have received several Online only were as for example DiscJam had problems after a couple days.

“Obviously a large percentage of subs are people that enjoy this sort of thing.”

That’s something I can’t comment on because I don’t know what millions of people think. Though I will say that over the past year perhaps year and a half people haven’t exactly been satisfied with Ps+ IGC selection.
    I personally looked forward to Drawn To Death since it was showcased. I don’t have any problems with it being a PS+ game. I just think it’s worth mentioning that OP presented his opinions and that there is some sense in it as well. Not just all these people name calling him, making fun of him and so on.

awesome would of bought it anyway but YAY FREE STUFF!!

X_Blood_Curse_X 15 March, 2017 @ 4:42 pm   5

Nice. I was interested in this game but was worried the player base wouldn’t be there at launch. Don’t need to worry about that now, looking forward to it 😀

Argonark 15 March, 2017 @ 5:10 pm   6

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. Looks really good.

X-Live-X-US 15 March, 2017 @ 6:50 pm   7

From Free-2-Play over Pay-2-Play ending at Playstation Plus?
Sounds like a lot of trouble…

CluckNuggets 15 March, 2017 @ 6:57 pm   8

No thanks. Next month then!

dee4life4444 15 March, 2017 @ 7:54 pm   9

It was originally free for everyone though?

jancis25 15 March, 2017 @ 8:14 pm   10

yes it was. Funny heh free to play game become free to play for ps plus members. Nah dont be wrong im one of rare who are satisfied by service but not last 2 month… and next one. I hoped we gona get decent month next because last year it was first what i enjoyed helldivers?

EyeBumGaze 15 March, 2017 @ 8:46 pm   11

The art style piqued my interest when I first saw it 1 or 2 years ago , and then nothing .
I randomly caught a YouTube video of it a month or so ago and recognised it as the game I remembered , and I made my mind up there and then to buy this on launch week .
Now it is on PS Plus………..yayyyy me 🙂
This is my top 3 indie wish list
3 ) Lithium ; Inmate 39
2 ) Drawn To Death
1 ) 2Dark ( but not at £20 – £25 with no Platinum )

bluemoon1987 15 March, 2017 @ 10:09 pm   12

Looks interesting enough to warrant giving it a go. But, will it actually work on release? Most ps+ indie games have either game breaking bugs, horrific connection issues or just flat out aren’t finished.

Chijatsu 16 March, 2017 @ 6:45 am   13

Seeing how online games are growing on me, I would love to give this game a shot. Love the messy art style is has, makes me want to go back to cell shading games more and more.

Raymontigue83 16 March, 2017 @ 11:45 am   14

Looks great, I will definitely be giving this one a go.

Unlike a lot of PS Plus members, I’m not one to grumble at the line up each month (even if I already own them).

Get ’em downloaded and get ’em played!

DanteZX 16 March, 2017 @ 5:37 pm   15

Hmm, absolutely not my game. The graphic style is weird and if it is a multi-player only game, it has a lot of competitors. I hope the game does not go offline quickly like Dead Star on Ps4, but I doubt it.

Maybe the second ps4 game and the vita games will be something for me. A good vita game would be awesome, like persona 5, Digimon Cher Sleuth, the third 999 game, dragon quest builders or shovel Knight.