Posted

Drawn to Death and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime join PlayStation Plus in April

Invizimals, Alien Rage, 10 Second Ninja X and Curse’s n’ Chaos also inbound

With only a few days left to cross off on March’s calendar, it’s time to pull back the curtain on what April has in store for PlayStation Plus.

Drawn to Death

Yes, earlier this month veteran game creator David Jaffe revealed the first of April’s PS Plus line-up when he confirmed the release date for his long-awaited arena shooter Drawn to Death.

A multiplayer-focused, online experience, Drawn to Death invites you to dive between the pages of a teenage tearaway’s high school text book and do bloody battle in a world constructed entirely of ballpoint doodles.

Brought to life with artistic panache and some truly bonkers character design, Drawn to Death is chaotic four-player fun with a huge emphasis on over-the-top weapons, dynamic environments and a fittingly adolescent attitude to violence – what better place to indulge your inner delinquent?

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

Second in our line-up for April is the brilliantly quirky co-operative space-shooter-cum-interstellar-explorer Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

Beam up a friend and blast off into the far reaches of a procedurally-generated universe where no two galaxies are alike and where teamwork is the only thing keeping your neon tub afloat.

While success might not demand the levels of intimacy implied by the title, you’ll definitely benefit from having someone you can trust on hand. Failing that, you can always boot up a friendly AI companion instead – to forage for new ship upgrades and abilities, explore distant galaxies and fend off attacks from technicoloured alien monstrosities.

In addition, PS4 users will also bag themselves some extra loot via the trans-dimensional technological wonder that is Cross-Buy: this month’s two charming PS Vita titles 10 Second Ninja X and Curses n’ Chaos can both be downloaded and played on PS4!

All of which leaves April’s full line up looking like this:

Final call for March

Next month’s titles will be available to download from 4th April which means you’ve still got a few days left to pick up any titles from March you might have missed. Grab ’em while you can!

213 Comments
0 Author replies

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

1.1

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

1.2

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

ste_the_legend 29 March, 2017 @ 17:13
1.3

Well that’s roughly a 10% approval rating so far… ouch.

Show more replies

Hahahaha oh wow that is absolutely terrible!! What a joke.

2.1

So, we’re going to have a F2P (which will probably be P2W also) game in PS+ this month huh? What a joke *sigh*

Think of it like that, from PS+ offering games for free, they will now offer free games for money.

Does number 1 literally sit and refresh his screen every 10 seconds just to get first comment? ??

Terrible once again, nothing to bother the backlog.

3.1

He is the Alphaembryo so i imagine he always gets there first. No prizes for coming second.

Arthurlantern 29 March, 2017 @ 16:35

WHERE IS SALT AND SANCTUARY FOR THE VITA

Drawn to death is pretty awful tbh.

Cant think of anything constructive to say about the rest so I’ll leave it at that.

Finka_Karfein 29 March, 2017 @ 16:56
5.1

You played it already so much that you can already review it? Cool!

5.2

@Finka_Karfein It sounds like they’ve played it more than you have already.

@finka_karfein

Guess your not aware this has been a pretty much finished product that has been handed out like candy in “beta” to pretty much anyone that wanted it (with trophies and all)

It was also pitched as a free to play game.

But yeah Iman happy to say that it’s pretty garbage and unless the change from beta to finished product has yielded a completely different game I expect you will soon discover this for yourself.

I hope this is just a April Fool joke.

6.1

Might be, though they got the wrong date.
I bet it is.

Im thinking about a worst month than this…….. PLEASE HELP

7.1

1st of September 1939, the start of World War 2 and 20th January 2017, the day Donald Trump was inaugurated.

Being serious though, I quite agree.

The_David_Diablo 31 March, 2017 @ 07:17
7.2

This is quite possibly the worst month ever for PS plus, after such a weak month last month as well. Rather than make a cheap PS plus option for people who want to play online and don’t want to pay for this crap, Sony would rather rub our noses in it with this garbage line up…

Nightmareofkaito 31 March, 2017 @ 20:10
7.3

no worst month ever, I’m glad my plus is up in a few days

Carnivius_Prime 29 March, 2017 @ 16:41

Some good stuff. I was gonna buy 10 Second Ninja (got it on PC but i rarely play games on that machine cos it sucks) so getting it free for PS4 and Vita is nice. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime caught my interest recently but didn’t buy it. Glad I didn’t cos now it’s free. Curses N Chaos is a neat lil game but I already got that one. Drawn to Death looks like it could be fun. It’s at least visually very different to most games too. Yeah I’m quite happy with this selection. No sports and no FPS is always a good thing for my particular tastes.
(if Wild Guns Reloaded and Shantae Half Genie Hero pop up next month I’d be extremely happy). :D

8.1

you are not for real

8.2

You know Drawn to Death is a shooter right?

Kinky_Friedman 30 March, 2017 @ 12:45
8.3

If you do not for the subscription, you do not get the games. They are not .

Show more replies

Poor offerings for PS4 owners. I wish that i didn’t just sign up for another 12 months Plus looking at these offerings. Shame on you Sony, go and see how to keep people happy by checking out your rival’s offerings.

Herbalistiikka 29 March, 2017 @ 17:27
9.1

Microsoft consistently offers games that have already been on PS+ with some odd game here and there that hasn’t been

Herbalistiikka -> The problem with your argument is that it’s new offers for Xbox users, they also had other (way better) offerings that we didn’t and, the most important detail, they can play the xbox 360 games on the Xbox One.

9.3

@Herbalistiikka: You are off your rocker if you believe that. This month there are games that PS Plus but Xbox has easy better games ordinarily and, as Cyrax has already stated, they get the backwards compatible games to play ass well.

Go and do your research before making comments like that.

Show more replies

So a F2P game that didn’t gather enough interest in the beta so they decided to be used as ps plus title;

A somewhat interesting coop based game but without online multiplayer;

Two indie titles that looks like the usual shovelware of indie gala/groupees bundle;

And two games that only work on a ps3.

Yeap, confirmed, this is PS plus for the next month.

10.1

I know right? When I say drawn to death there my head exploded *EXPLOSIONS* (read with Mr. Torgue’s voice).

I played the beta, I mean, I tried to but it was so boring with terrible gameplay that I couldn’t even test it right.

I guess sony needs to pull an xbox one fiasco so they can start valuing again their community and the people who fill the suites pockets *sigh*

10.2

The problem is that they know exactly what they’re doing, they won’t pull a xbox fiasco because they didn’t had a Don Mattrick to screw them over and it shows, they’re killing it this year, Yakuza Zero, Horizon, Nier, Ni-Oh, Persona 5, etc.

Microsoft doesn’t have ANYTHING that could reverse the situation, even with Scorpio and E3 around the corner.

So they have the market on their hand and multiplayer behind a paywall (ps+), basically, we’re screwed.

10.3

I agree, Cyrax. We are held by the short and Charlie’s at the moment but Sony are thinking in the short term. Come next generation I foresee PlayStation owners this generation leaving in droves for another format due to the treatment we had this generation. Sony will rue the day they treated their user base this way.

Show more replies

hmm i was wondering if they were going to offer anything that was to disturb my playing of Persona 5, I guess not.

Seriously what the is this? All the good games you could of given us on PS3 and you give us those 2 trash games that bad reviews? And PS4 as usual is just indie rubbish! By a mile this is the worst month ever! 10 years of PlayStation store…. Here’s some trash.

kratos_tayfun 29 March, 2017 @ 17:16
12.1

10 years of Playstation Store anniversary and we get this !!! It’s not a joke, it’s utter garbage ! If I was going to publish these news I would be ashamed !

kratos_tayfun 29 March, 2017 @ 17:41
12.2

Where should I begin ? What were they thinking about these garbages before announcing ? You guys thought ” Hey we gave them Tearaway Unfolded last month so they should be happy ! Let’s give them these trashs and they wont have right to complain !” If I were those guys I would be ashamed ! The funny thing is they’re saying ”Hey it’s 10 year of anniversary of PS store !” and yet you give us these ‘things’. I’m glad that my plus is ending in 3 days ! If you can’t give decent games cut the support for ps3 and vita or make a cheap subscrition for people whose only want pay for online but not these garbages. you don’t even answer comments…

blacksheepwall_ 29 March, 2017 @ 16:44

I look each month and think oh well things can only get better and some how Sony find a way to disprove that.

CyberEsquilo 29 March, 2017 @ 16:44

Wow, that sounds like a joke!
It really is the end of an era. We are certainly facing a new (low) standard.

I think we have to deal with it then?
.sad but true.

I’m always disappointed when a game that was on sale recently is included in Plus, as it feels like a very shady practice. This time is one of the worst though, as 10 Second Ninja is actually on sale RIGHT NOW as part of the Buy one get one free offer!

Really shoddy Sony, way to milk your customers….

15.1

I noticed this too (in the 2 for 1 sale), it drops out of the sale the same day we get the IGC games. Shady doesn’t even scratch the surface of how underhanded this kind of consumer relationship this is.

daxterstarsriba 31 March, 2017 @ 16:23
15.2

I read a while ago, probably 2-3 years ago, that they (Sony) were aware of this situation sometimes happening and that they would aim to make sure games wouldn’t go into sales then IGC. Time’s rolled on and it’s back to the old ways.

daxterstarsriba 31 March, 2017 @ 16:28
15.3

Similarly, they promised a specific number of games, followed by, a specific number of fewer games but at least one retail game, followed by fewer games still but all having a minimum rating of at least 70% (lol), now that doesn’t even happen.

I usually try to be positive, I mean it’s the price of a fancy cup of coffee per month, but these are a bit… meh.

I’m not expecting Horizon Zero Dawn but I remember getting some real gems back along. How about some remasters like one of the old Rockstar titles, San Andreas or Canis Canem Edit?

Or have a dual layer in PS Now, and let PS Plus subscribers rent a game or two each month alongside the indie offerings.

ste_the_legend 29 March, 2017 @ 17:12
16.1

That’s not a bad idea regarding PS Now but the problem is that a lot of Europe still can’t get the service.

16.2

And Sony point blank refuse to discuss when other countries are going to get it.

Grim_streaker999 29 March, 2017 @ 16:45

Nice. More games I usually wouldn’t buy, to try out. why shouldn’t this be a good thing?
Have found many a jewel among these indie titles, that I would never had considered buying.

Kinky_Friedman 30 March, 2017 @ 13:07
17.1

There’s a reason you wouldn’t buy them :)..

I was disappointed because of Drawn to Death and now, I am even more disappointed. What the hell? Absolutely nothing in this line-up I ever want to play. Seriously, is the a joke? At least for the Vita, give us some more valuable stuff like Persona 5 or God Eater Burst.

I don’t talk about PS4 games, because we all know, most of the time it’s not even worth

18.1

Metacritic if somebody wants to know

PS4/Vita:
– Drawn to Death = not rated yet
– Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime = 82%
– Curses ‘n Chaos = 70% (no Vita meta available)
– 10 Second Ninja X = 76% (no Vita meta available)

PS3:
– Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom = 50%
– Alien Rage = 46% – 52% (Xbox 360 and PC) (no PS3 meta available)

Herbalistiikka 29 March, 2017 @ 17:20
18.2

Considering you’re talking about Vita I assume you meant P4: Golden since P5 isn’t on Vita at all. (Golden is really cheap on Vita so it’s not exactly more valuable)

18.3

Yes, I meant Persona 4, I am sorry. If I could edit it, I would. My head is by Persona 5 right now.

Yes, even when it’s cheap, Sony can still give it via Playstation Plus. They are many other good games on Vita and we still get indies. Odin Sphere or Zero Escape 3 or other games. I just said Persona 4, because it would be a really good game for a Vita PS+ game

Even for an April Fools joke this is bad

The quality of Plus Games has been rubbish of late. Gone are the days of having Big Titles.

The two PS3 games should offer some hours of mindless fun…

green_shorts 29 March, 2017 @ 16:49

More crap my plus membership expires next month thank god

bloodthirst_80 29 March, 2017 @ 16:50

more shocking rubbish yet again

Alien rage has bad reviews what happened to that old rule of ps plus games having at least 70% average score lmao.

ste_the_legend 29 March, 2017 @ 17:10
23.1

It was dropped from the advertising for the service years ago. These days we are lucky if one or two games each month have a 70% average on metacritic or somewhere like that

X_Blood_Curse_X 29 March, 2017 @ 17:13
23.2

Bad reviews is an understatement lol

PBestiaHumana 29 March, 2017 @ 16:51

1/10, demencial, horroroso, lamentable

I think in renew other year my suscription psnplus, (only for returning 10€) because it will finalize in january of 2018, i need a mediocre game almost, to justify renew.

I could wait, to 15 months for 12 month price and a mediocre game,

It month is 0 of 6. I prefer good games!!!! but 2 average have defense.

bye bye psnExit

Weak Vita month… and excuse me… where the [bleep] is Salt and Sanctuary Vita?

25.1

On the american store

aaron_bush_96 29 March, 2017 @ 16:52

Drawn To Death… Good, lovers in dangerous Space time… Good if you have a mate. 2 psvita games, dont know. Alien rage… depends what you like, invisimals… again dont know. mediocre line up.

ste_the_legend 29 March, 2017 @ 16:55

*grabs popcorn*

The comments section should be pretty good at least….

Sammy______Snake 29 March, 2017 @ 16:55

woooooooooooooooooooooow. you guys really don’t give a [DELETED] anymore do you?

Here I was thinking you were going to put together a strong month to combat game pass and restore confidence.

Lovers althought cool, was on Gold last month. The PS3 games are trash, the vita games are trash. Plus is trash!

For the 1st time I moaning. This lot is crap in my opinion.hope May is better

EVERY month you’ll have 3 levels of people.
Those happy with X amount of games.
Those curious with X amount of games – enough to try them out.
Those displeased with X amount of games – if not all of them.

In the past 12-18 months, the majority of months have seen a massive base of displeased patrons, threatening to leave or actually leaving plus – and nothing being addressed. Other people recognise that you can’t offer AAA after AAA – and don’t want that (hell some indie games / AA games outclass AAA games in every aspect…) but it’s seriously time for Sony to stop. Take a breather. And read the constructive criticism on the blog every single month.

Show full comment

EVERY month you’ll have 3 levels of people.
Those happy with X amount of games.
Those curious with X amount of games – enough to try them out.
Those displeased with X amount of games – if not all of them.

The games – whilst developers pour their souls into (most) of them; aren’t good enough to justify the price in the eyes of many people. Yes, you can argue a year’s PS+ is £40 and thus a months PS+ is a mere £3.33 – and 6 games for £3.33 is a steal – but seriously would you walk into a shop, and buy 6 things you don’t WANT for £3.33? No. You’d save your money until something better comes along.

There are solutions of course. A tiered level. Bronze, silver (arguably where we’re at now), gold.
Integrate PS Now in to PS+. Or scrap PS+ altogether in favour of something more substantial.

2 years ago, PS+ was something to shout about – I’d even persuaded many friends to join up… Today, it’s a shell of what it was, and I’ve not mentioned it to a friend once in the past year.

30.1

Brilliant post and whole-heartedly agree with what you’ve said.

I think it’s a shame the way the games have gone, we’ve had some truly great games in the past. A tiered system might be worth looking at, definitely. Integration with PS Now would be a good idea too. I’d even like the option of EA Access. Apparently Sony don’t think it would suit it’s gamers, surely we should have a say in that?! Because, right now, the EA vault offers up a HELL of a lot better list of titles than we’re getting on PS+ right now, doesn’t matter what you think of EA as a company!

I’m usually the one to give my friends a nudge when new games appear on PS+, I haven’t done it that much recently and certainly won’t be this coming month!

30.2

I seriously never expected real AAA’s but this month is really bad.. I’d vote for PS+ tiered system, i want only backup and occasional multiplayer, max 2 bucks /month.

30.3

I gave up my subscription last month (as can be seen, I dont have the cross anymore) and I am not planning to resume unless I see a change

Show more replies

One of the worst months that I can remember! Unbelievable Sony, really poor!

Wow. This has to be a new low. I don’t even know if I’ll bother adding these to my download list. Not one redeeming game.

32.1

Pretty much my experience with PS+… First couple of years I still added them to my library just in case, but never downloaded one eventually. Now I don’t even add them anymore as they just inflate my library with games I’ll never play. But hey, at least I can shoot some campers in the few games that offer decent multiplayer, right? -_-

Today is the day my Ps+ sub. expires, glad I didn’t renew it yet, ’cause none of those games is even a “must-try”

33.1

mine expired last month, glad I didnt renewed

33.2

Mine expires in april, I won’t be renewing anymore unless I’m planning on playing some multiplayer for a while. Will be glad to get rid of this monthly disappointment that comes with its own cost.

Pathetic selection. Take a note from XBOX selection for April

Herbalistiikka 29 March, 2017 @ 20:20
34.1

Walking Dead Season 2 and Darksiders have already been on PS+ though.

supersmith2500 29 March, 2017 @ 17:04

Alien Rage, 52% Metacritic score, 4.4/10 score from IGN and same devs that made Lords of the Fallen.

Not good enough.

I would rather buy and play a DECENT Unreal Engine 3 powered first-person shooter for a cheap price on my PS3 than this generic garbage.

Also, really starting to get sick of couch co-op/online only games for PS4 by now. But it least this one has 1 PLAYER mode and is getting good reviews this time. Disc Jam was unplayable due to lack of single player mode.

totaldirkness 29 March, 2017 @ 17:04

Adding a F2P is a new low.

36.1

‘Reminds me of when they gave us the first chapter in the episodic series Kings Quest. That was always meant to be a freebie to get gamers to test it and Sony offered it as an IGC game. Disgusting consumer treatment to say the least.

36.2

Well in line with their disgusting consumer treatment of forcing us to sub to this for online. This is getting too ridiculous to even imagine. It’s like having to buy an expensive full course meal to get a simple glass of water, only to find out that even the water isn’t up to standards… *facepalm*

I actually thought that the last few months were a improvement but this month is a real big slide backwards in quality. There is the chance that Drawn to Death is this awesome game but from what i’ve seen i doubt it. It actually seems like them giving it away with Ps Plus is a desperate attempt at at least getting a small playerbase. Lovers in a Dangerous spacetime might be fun for the people that reguraly play couch co-op with a friend but i mostly play with my friends online. The vita games might be ok for a little while. The ps3 games are just an insult

RIDICULOUS GAMES,PATHETIC SONY,im glad that my ps plus expired today

Tsukuyomi_Moon89 29 March, 2017 @ 17:20

This might be the worst month i’ve yet to see… I wish I could say I hadn’t just bought 1 years of Plus… But alas the joke is on me it seems.

wei guys…make a raise ps plus subscription at 50 or 60 pounds and give as games to play it….this is a bad joke…we are players…sony is for the money…not is posibile…xbox whit gold are a great mounth!
this is it…continue in this way and R.I.P. ps plus…

reggyx3clover 29 March, 2017 @ 17:25

You’ve gotta be kidding me… Do they expect us a tears of joy from seeing this lineup or tears of disappointment

warensembler83 29 March, 2017 @ 17:27

I probably won’t even download the games… Thankfully there’s a long backlog this year.

I remember when Sony was behind and had every month fantastic games line up, i’m so tired of this, 10 years of PS Store and you award this, you could have at least made an effort since it was a nice milestone, but no, let’s throw some garbage at them. I promise this was my last renewal and now i’m even more sure about it. When you bring good games back, i’ll bring my money back, until then then you won’t see my money anymore.

Herbalistiikka 29 March, 2017 @ 17:48
43.1

I urge you to look at the IGC list again and notice that it’s full of the same kind of “bad” games (indie games, cheap games and the like) and you’re just remembering the best parts while ignoring the bad.

Capt_Darling 29 March, 2017 @ 17:31

Pretty grim month, still I have Salt & Sanctuary on the Vita to play, oh wait. :(
Seriously a response from SIEE wouldn’t go a miss.

44.1

Next week

Finka_Karfein 29 March, 2017 @ 17:33

I’m happy for Drawn to Death, Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom and 10 Second Ninja X so on each platform I have something that I’m interested in.

Yep, it’s not AAA. Again. But you can do only one thing – deal with it and give a chance those games you receive while you’re a subscriber. That way I liked Rocket League before it was cool and exclusive to PS3.

Kinky_Friedman 30 March, 2017 @ 13:17
45.1

No, you could also voice your discontent and even cancel your subscription. Sony definitely will care if they see the revenue from PS+ subscriptions going down.

kratos_tayfun 29 March, 2017 @ 17:42

Capt_Darling 29 March, 2017 @ 17:50

Further to my last comment….

Salt & Sanctuary Vita is now on the store.

Drawn to death….it went through most of dev cycle as a f2p then they decided to charge for it. They give mystery boxes, which you no doubt can purchase for a nominal fee. I can only imagine what other f2p deviousness runs through the game.

Haha this post has more comments than the comments all the blog posts in the last week put together. All you are proving is that you will moan when yous want to moan (even on last month’s Plus post, yes, the one yous are claiming was great NOW) but will NEVER comment to say anything positive or when you are delighted with anything.

I’m not gonna lie, I would ignore you lot too if I were the people who ran the blog.

People want Knack DESPERATELY on Plus but Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom isn’t good enough for you then?

49.1

P.S. See you all next month when “thank goodness my Plus is expiring next month” for the 20th time lol.

Herbalistiikka 29 March, 2017 @ 18:16
49.2

It’s easier to complain than be thankful. That’s why it’s people to remember the “good old times” without remembering the bad things back in those good old times.

49.3

People knows what games thats added to LIVE and EA Access. 2 services which is Xbox One exlusive and superior to PSN+.

Show more replies

I gave up ps plus. Then you gave me a free month, thank you, then it expired again, then it was $1.40 so why not, and finally it WILL be cast aside once again. I appreciate the freebies but rather than trying to trick me into letting it auto renew why dont you give us good games.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history