Posted

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy releases 23rd August, new footage revealed

Plus preorder at participating retailers to receive a free digital copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

We’ve been hard at work since revealing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at PSX, building a story and an experience that joins a new protagonist, fan favorite Chloe Frazer, with all of the hallmarks of an Uncharted adventure.

Today, we’re excited to share new footage and additional details about the game you’ve been eagerly waiting for—beginning with our release date. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will launch from 23rd August across the PAL regions. Fans will be able to purchase Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for €39.99/£29.99 SRP.

The Lost Legacy

In December we said that we’re approaching this project as a true Uncharted game – complete with its own deep narrative with complex character development, all-new destinations, refined gameplay, and blockbuster cinematic moments.

We’re especially excited to have Chloe as our new protagonist and explore more of her story as she and Nadine venture across India in search of the fabled Tusk of Ganesh. To that end, we wanted to share a new scene from early on in the game as Chloe and Nadine try to unravel the clues leading to the Tusk’s location. Check it out:

Finally, you may have heard that our friends at PlayStation are bringing all four of the original Jak and Daxter PS2 classics to the PS4 via PS Store later this year. As beloved games in Naughty Dog history, we couldn’t imagine a better pairing for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Anyone that pre-orders Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at participating retailers will receive a free digital code to download Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on The Lost Legacy’s release. For those who pre-order on PS Store, you’ll also get an Uncharted: The Lost Legacy PS4 theme designed by Truant Pixel.

Jak and Daxter Jak and DaxterJak and Daxter

If you picked up the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition, Explorer’s Pack, or the Triple Pack, you’ll get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a free digital download at launch. Owners of these products are not eligible for any pre-order bonuses.

We look forward to sharing more details about Uncharted: The Lost Legacy soon.

Shaun Escayg, Creative Director
Kurt Margenau, Game Director

22 Comments
0 Author replies
Jacko_the_lad 11 April, 2017 @ 16:13

£34.99?

Really glad I bought the Explorer Pack now!

That’s a pretty big saving for those who bought the deluxe, explorer or triple pack. I’ll just wait a couple of months after release for the inevitable deal of the week!

Does the inclusion of Jak push the retail price up, I ask because if it didn’t there’s no reason not to give it to those that supported you by buying the digital deluxe edition of uncharted 4. I’m still confused as to what I actually paid over the top for, I keep seeing content updates but for free stuff. :/

The theme is definitely a joke. That should be free regardless of how you bought the game.

Unholy_Light 11 April, 2017 @ 17:22

I got Digital Deluxe Edition, so I won’t get Jak&Daxter and PS4 theme, is that correct?
If it’s true, then it will a bit unfair…

4.1

Yeah exactly! We put the most faith and goodwill into this release, and we get neither of the bonuses? Cheers SCEE I feel really valued now…

GrumpyMcGrump 11 April, 2017 @ 19:18
4.2

unfair? you only paid half

Sad we won’t get the theme. Sony usually doesn’t make pre-order themes available to anyone besides those who pre-order.

Ouch. What was the season pass for again?

I’ll wait for a massive discount next year.

GrumpyMcGrump 11 April, 2017 @ 19:18
6.1

for this dlc

So, people that were loyal and preordered U4 with The Lost Legacy before The Lost Legacy was even a thing and only an “announced expansion” get shafted on Jak & Daxter? That’s some BS. By the time TLL comes out we will have patiently waited over a year and we get NOTHING for it. Sorry, but a “$20 discount” doesn’t cut it. Not our problem you mispriced the original bundle. We should get J&D too!!

7.1

Sorry mate, but you are way out of line on this one and frankly come off as rather spoiled. My self and judging from the comments, most people rather take a 20$ discount then a PS2 Jak & Daxter game. Jak & Daxter was not part of the “season pass” for UC4, so it doesn’t make sense why a preorder deal for this game, should be part of a UC4 season pass.

7.2

I agree with Erroneus. I’d have rather paid half the price and not gave Jack. You can still buy it with what you saved.

Terminator_T2 11 April, 2017 @ 20:52

I can understand that people who have the season pass won’t get Jak and Daxter for free but it’s unfair to not give them the Uncharted: The Lost Legacy theme. Preorder themes are almost always exclusive to preordering the game, so this means that players who already have the season pass are essentially blocked from getting this theme.

So those who purchased the season pass, either via digital deluxe or otherwise, are made to wait 15 months for their promised single player DLC and then lose out on extras that other gamers will be entitled to. Whilst I appreciate that I am getting the content for cheaper than people who buy this as a stand alone experience I feel hard done by somehow. We helped to fund this DLC and are now, seemingly, shoved aside while they attempt to make further pander to those who have yet to pay up. Shameful.

At least allow those who hold the season pass in whatever form to upgrade to receive the extras too, Naughty Dog.

EmperorLawlight 11 April, 2017 @ 22:28

Why is Chloe so ugly?

First of all, I’m glad this has a date now. I’m excited for some more Uncharted.

No a bit of a rant: @Sony: However depending on what the price for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy will be you can expect a lot of angry fans. Angry fans who are among the most loyal to the game. I myself bought the Triple Pack when the game launched because I knew that after Left Behind ND will do an amazing job with the U4 SP DLC. Then changes were made to how MP DLC works in U4 and now you tell me that it might have been better to wait for corporate marketing kicking in?! Oh yeah, of course, that’s what this industry has become… Loyalty doesn’t matter.

Show full comment

You know many people I respect keep saying how stupid it is to buy season passes if you do not know what you get (and I agree for the most part), but I had faith in you guys because Sony is usually not as bad in these regards (like Horizon, no microtransactions or anything yet). I’m starting to feel like this isn’t the case anymore. And even if I would save like a few bucks in the end, I still think that Sony didn’t handle this right. I understand that they try to further incentivize the purchase of this former DLC whoch now is a standalone game, but it just comes across as being somewhat disrespectful to the most loyal fans who put down money long before they knew the exact details of the DLC even before the game was actually out.

Maybe next time Sony, tell your devs to figure out what will be in the season pass and how you will promote it before you announce it and sell it to people (in this case it went on sale 8 months (!!!!) before the game was even out. I’m aware that ND probably didn’t expect for this to be so big and standalone game and the changes to how the MP DLC works were made at a later stage before release as well. So the only option to keep this from happening would be to not sell a season pass at all unless the content is ready and done… (as if, I know)

I love Uncharted but for this price the campaign better be at least 6 to 8 hours or ill be waiting on a sale.

GrumpyMcGrump 12 April, 2017 @ 00:16
12.1

they said its about 10 hours long

Whoa 40€. Nope.

Carnivius_Prime 12 April, 2017 @ 09:42

Yay! I already bought the explorer pack all them moons ago! So this’ll be a lovely treat for me in my birthday month of August without having to even use any birthday money to buy it. :D

Can’t re download uncharted 4 as not giving me an option too after upgrading hard drive on PS4 pro. Any help welcome. If I can’t install will I still be able to get this game as I preorder and purchased uncharted 4 digital deluxe edition?

CaptainWitwicky 12 April, 2017 @ 11:36

Even though getting Jak & Daxter for free is great, I was hoping for something more related to the Uncharted game itself. A bit of art, perhaps a keychain or a steelbook. This just feels incompatible to me, especially since I’ll then have 1/4 of the Jak quadrilogy…just weird.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history