Posted

Housemarque’s twin-stick arcade shooter Nex Machina confirms co-op, release date

See two player mode in action with new trailer ahead of game’s launch next month

Hello everyone. It’s been a while since you’ve seen fresh footage from our new game Nex Machina. And with the fresh footage you see below comes good news. We’re glad to announce that Nex Machina will be arriving on PlayStation 4 on 20th June.

This is the day that Housemarque will go down in infamy for creating one of the simplest - but purest – action arcade games of our generation. A game that will remind you of the arcade classics of the 80’s but backed by modern technology to complement that pure twin-stick joy.

Additionally we would also like to announce local co-op. This is something that we’ve been trying to keep secret for a long time, but many of our friends have already guessed it was coming.

Local co-op will allow two players to play side by side, just like in the old school arcades, competing or helping each other out. So please enjoy the above new trailer, which includes footage from the Winter Tide level with some two player action!

Keep your eyes open for Nex Machina, arriving on 20th June for PlayStation 4.

What did you think about this story?
11 Comments
2 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 19 May, 2017 @ 15:19

Nice. But I got Alienation in PS Plus and was kinda enjoying it enough to purchase the DLC pack and it levelled up new characters to level 15, but when I try to play it now the enemies are so incredibly tougher even on default difficulty I get slaughtered in seconds so the game isn’t fun anymore. I don’t know what I’ve done or what’s happened there. This new game looks neat but any idea how to fix my Alienation? :O

1.1

You need to upgrade weapons, and do not play alone. Also see what class is best for you

The new trailer looks amazing. Can’t wait to play it when this game releases.

@Carnivius_Prime: I seem to have the same issue. I hope someone knows the answer.

Carnivius_Prime 19 May, 2017 @ 17:51
2.1

yeah i hope so too. At moment it just feels like I broke my cool free game by giving it money. :P

Hi Carnivus Prime.

You can still change to let you Start at level 1 by pressing square when selecting a new character.

If you haven’t already finished the game and got a feel for it then it can be tough to jump to level 15 world level 1.

If you play it on the normal difficultly setting then it is definitely manageable

I was OK on the next difficulty up until the 2nd continent

Carnivius_Prime 20 May, 2017 @ 06:49
3.1

Have I misunderstood what the level 15 thing is then? I assumed it would give my characters a headstart in being much more powerful and wipe out the earlier levels with much more ease? But way you describe it, it sounds like 15 is actually a higher difficulty?

TThanks for your help. I have found the option to switch to level 1 (press / hold triangle). Now restarting the fun!

Carnivius_Prime 21 May, 2017 @ 14:19
3.3

what did we pay for then if the game is ridiculously hard with that DLC level 15? :O

Show more replies

Awesome game and this looks even better

GeordieMale 20 May, 2017 @ 01:11

major downer that delayed a month

Rudolf Westerholm 24 May, 2017 @ 10:12
5.1

This was the first date we officially announced the date, the one on the pre-purchase page was not factual. In US the date was e.g. on December. :)