Posted

Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange are your PlayStation Plus games for June

Abyss Odyssey, WRC5, Neon Chrome and Spy Chameleon also join the line-up

Ah, June… that magical time of the year when the northern hemisphere slaps on the sun cream, the southern hemisphere reaches for a raincoat and gaming websites and forums all across the internet become a bubbling soup of E3 speculation.

Yup, with biggest event in the gaming calendar careening towards us at breakneck speed, join us for a quick pit stop and we’ll let you in on a cheeky early announcement: your PlayStation Plus games for June*!

Killing Floor 2

Zombies, guns, friends… you know, sometimes if it’s not broken you’ve just got to leave it be. Then again, you could just dial everything up to eleven and go nuts, right?

This is the Killing Floor 2 recipe. First off, take a typical zombie horde mode and swap out the shambling undead with a mob of half-mecha-half-meat monstrosities covered in razor blades and rocket launchers.

Next, ratchet up the player count and layer the mayhem with some totally over-the-top weapons, classes and perks. Finally, baste all of that in a hundred gallons of blood and guts and garnish with a fistful of metal music.

Et voila: it’s brutal, uncompromising and a hell of a lot of fun – but, if you’ve ever wanted to see what happens to a humble FPS horde-mode when you pump it full of steroids, then look no further.

Life is Strange

You can’t say we don’t enjoy a little variety here on the big ship PS Plus. About as far a cry as you could get from Killing Floor 2’s casual blood bath, indie darling Life is Strange eschews the big action for a slower, more meditative piece of interactive storytelling riddled with clever sci-fi plot twists and thoughtfully nuanced characters.

At first glance, it’s a non-too-remarkable tour through the daily travails of your average secondary school student. However, Life is Strange slickly transforms the mundane into the extraordinary over the course of its five connected episodes, with life – quite literally – spiralling out of control as each character wrestles with their regret, loss and missed opportunity.

As always, our two PS4 titles are joined by four further titles for both PS3 and PS Vita players, all of which leaves June’s full line-up looking like this:

As noted above, PS4 players will also be able to download and play Neon Chrome – a frenetic, top-down, cyberpunk shooter – via the loveable magic of Cross-buy.

June’s titles will go live on PlayStation Store on 6th of June, leaving you just over a week to pick up any of the last month’s titles you might’ve missed. Here’s a little reminder:

*Titles may differ in your region.

What did you think about this story?
126 Comments
1 Author replies
counterUAVbaby 31 May, 2017 @ 16:35

Great PS3 Titles this time around! WRC 5 is a pretty good title, you PS3 guys are in for a treat.

1.1

Lol you have to be joking? Its a terrible game… And it has very bad screen tearing which is a big distraction. Of all the other racing games they could of chosen they chose that! What about GT6!! Silly decision.

AL3MERH_2011 31 May, 2017 @ 16:38

Life is strange isn’t available on Saudi PlayStation store are we will get another game?

Eric Whelan 31 May, 2017 @ 16:44
2.1

You sure will! Saudi PS Plus members will get Jamestown+ in place of Life is Strange.

2.2

Why don’t the get Life is strange?

2.3

they*

Show more replies
Venomous_Silence 31 May, 2017 @ 16:45

About time we saw a nice array of half decent games this month free for us PS plus folks. Cheers playstation

3.1

Free?

3.2

Last months was pretty decent too, mainly due to Tales from the Borderlands

3.3

Yes, free. Don’t be ‘that guy’. It’s incredibly irritating. We pay for the online service, they don’t have to throw games in with it.

Show more replies
narvikgutten 31 May, 2017 @ 16:49

Where is the “Do you enjoy this lineup” guy!?

Alphaembryo 31 May, 2017 @ 16:56
4.1

Im here but the blog updated its functions with emoticons that also show negative reactions publicly, and so i dont think that making a poll is relevant any more. But who knows, it may come back again… :)

X_Blood_Curse_X 31 May, 2017 @ 17:38
4.2

The end of an era.

4.3

He’s playing Lego Star Wars on Xbox Gold!!!!

Show more replies
narvikgutten 31 May, 2017 @ 16:49

Awesome lineup btw, keep it up! :)

X_Blood_Curse_X 31 May, 2017 @ 16:50

Weak Vita games again. And yes, there are still people that play all 3 consoles and look forward to the Vita plus games.

X_Blood_Curse_X 31 May, 2017 @ 16:51
6.1

Will play Killing Floor 2 though

6.2

Neon chrome is quite good.

supersmith2500 31 May, 2017 @ 17:13
6.3

What’s the point, the Vita always get budget titles for Plus.

The_David_Diablo 31 May, 2017 @ 16:56

The last two months have been pretty good… I hope this marks the change in policy and a shift to offering better quality games on a more regular basis. Nobody with half a brain is expecting games like Horizon or Bloodborne, just games that are decent quality and the lineup for the last two months fit the bill. Very rarely have I said this in the past two years regarding PS plus lineups, but I look forward to trying both PS4 games… Thanks for (finally) acknowledging your fanbase Sony.

The_David_Diablo 31 May, 2017 @ 17:02
7.1

By last two months, I mean this month and last month just FYI. Two months ago was an example of what not to do in future… XD

Carnivius_Prime 31 May, 2017 @ 17:11
7.2

I far preferred two months ago games to this lot here. This new selection’s PS4 games are by far my least fave of this year if not longer.

The_David_Diablo 31 May, 2017 @ 17:36
7.3

@Carnivius_Prime To each their own I guess. I thought Drawn to death was slow and dull for a PvP, while that Lovers game looked like games I played 20 years ago. I much prefer this lineup (and last month’s lineup) and judging by the overall positive response, most people seem to agree.

Show more replies
Liquid_Boss_2010 31 May, 2017 @ 16:56

Nice. I’m starting to look forward to game announcements for plus again. Might actually renew for a year next month if this keeps up

8.1

They have a deal going (strangely not mentioned on the blog) where you get star wars battlefront ultimate edition (not the one with the season pass though.”Ultimate” does seem a bit of a hyperbole)with a 12 month subscription to ps plus. You cant have a current subscription though, so you will have to let your month lapse. It runs through to june the 30th.

Liquid_Boss_2010 31 May, 2017 @ 17:10
8.2

Thanks for the info mate

8.3

Woops I equated the battlefront ultimate with the ultimate upgrade pack. You DO get the season pass.

ste_the_legend 31 May, 2017 @ 16:58

Another co-op shooter?!!! Seems like there’s one every month.

Finka_Karfein 31 May, 2017 @ 17:05

Is it really that hard to include PS3 and PS Vita games in the video?

Well, anyway all of the nice titles I’ve got already on PC so not much for me but people should enjoy this month :)

Not bad.. Can’t play the PS4 games because my PS4 died! Useless thing. I just don’t understand why you would put WRC 5 on! It is so bad… The screen tearing is a big distraction and just made me hate the game… GT6 should of been on instead.

11.1

Should have*

Quite fine lineup.

Carnivius_Prime 31 May, 2017 @ 17:10

Don’t like the main PS4 games at all. Neon Chrome for PS4/Vita looks like it could be entertaining though. Abyss Odyssey might be interesting but I packed away the PS3 a while ago.

DarkArchoNx66 31 May, 2017 @ 17:13

I re subscribed last month (after a long time……….) because I wanted to finish a couple of ps3 games I had left on my last sub before I put it down for good (Still not buying a ps4 until it’s the right time), but I’ve been having a blast with port royale 3. Of course I had to start over several times because I wanted to get things perfect (that’s my deal) so I have spent considerable many more hours in my attempt to get the plat, but not regrets.

No comment about this month’s line up.

Another good month, I look forward to playing both PS4 titles.

Also confirms the earlier leak ;)

Vita games are consistently lacklustre. I heard that there was a planned change to PS+ coming “soon” – I wonder if you’re going to ditch Vita games in place of a 3rd PS4 game? I hope not, Vita catalogue is deceptively huge, and there is nothing wrong in giving out JRPGs. (Persona 4, or Persona 1-3 on PSP would appease SO many people – seeing as 1-3 on PSP cost a fortune… whilst P4G is regularly on sale).

I digress, a good PS4 line up though! Pretty solid. A lot of people will like them. And roll on e3!

Carnivius_Prime 31 May, 2017 @ 17:22
16.1

My Vita does not want, need or require JRPGs thank you. :P

16.2

Would be good to see some JRPGs on there, doubly so if it annoys the likes of Carnivius!

Sammy______Snake 31 May, 2017 @ 22:27
16.3

If they drop the old platforms I’m definitely out.

Show more replies

I already have Life is Strange and from the rest only Spy Chameleon stands out, so to speak…

Killing floor 2 now that sounds interesting that sounds cool almost makes up for the fact the other PS4 “game” isn’t a game

JediKnight246 31 May, 2017 @ 19:18
18.1

Good thing there’s more than one choice then for those of us who don’t feel like shooting zombies in the face. Plenty of room for all types of games.

18.2

I think calling life is strange a game is a bit much but hey ho

Killing Floor and Life is Strange are both fantastic offerings this month.

I can’t help but feel that Sony should pull IGC titles for the PS3, the games offered on that system for the past year have been awful and I can’t imagine there’s a significant number of users downloading those kinds of games on the old system. I have a very limited understanding of the selection process, but maybe the resources spent on selecting PS3 titles every month, could go into acquiring more consistent titles for PS4?

19.1

Don’t forget mate, that there are still lots of ps3 ONLYowners with ps+ running and you know it is completely voluntary subsrciption ’cause it’s not needed for online play. So sony should dump them?

Finka_Karfein 31 May, 2017 @ 20:27
19.2

And remember about those who have more than one Sony console. In fact, I’ve got every platform that can launch Plus games so I’m sometimes happy even for the PSP titles if they are from my radar and didn’t get to buy them earlier.

If you think you’ll like a PS4 game – just buy it and support the devs.

19.3

I guess I didn’t see it from the perspective of owning both generations, and as for supporting the Devs, I purchased both Life is Strange and last months Tales from the Borderlands when they were released, I tend not to wait on anything I want to support and that I’m interested in.

I’m just happy to see those titles go out to wider audience.

Show more replies
THE-PLASTICA-MAN 31 May, 2017 @ 17:58

Killing Floor 2 has one of the best PS4 Pro support ever: Maxed out graphics even the textures (except the NVidia FLEX features), higher resolution and all that in steady 60 FPS.

I wish Life Is Strange had PS4 PRO support too. I am sure this game could run easily in Native 4K on PS4 PRO.

I hope the sequel will have PS4 PRO support and use UE4.

olliebear66t 31 May, 2017 @ 17:59

First time in over 3 years that there’s a game I’ve already bought. Oh well only payed £7 for Life is Strange well worth the [DELETED] money. Fantastic game.

Matthew, there is a little mistake for Spy Chameleon in the description : this game for PS Vita is also cross-buy with PS4, I just checked the PS store and the US PS blog. ;-)

This would’ve been a great month for me, if it wasn’t for the fact that I bought Life Is Strange when it was first released… So as it stands this will be the 4th month I let my PS Plus lapse. Waiting for a month with something I actually want before re subbing.

LIS is a great experience though for anyone who is yet to play it.

Gennosuke1983 31 May, 2017 @ 18:15

Do you like this month’s list of games?

Gennosuke1983 31 May, 2017 @ 18:16
24.1

Gennosuke1983 31 May, 2017 @ 18:16
24.2

24.3

Why do you answer your own question?

Show more replies
DoYouLikeMyID 31 May, 2017 @ 19:00

Hmm… I already own Life is Strange, and the only other games that look even somewhat interesting to me are Neon Chrome and Abyss Odyssey. And I’m not even sure I’ll like those games either… :/

So not a great month for me. Oh well… Still got a huge backlog.

Excellent. I was always curious about Life is Strange but wasn’t certain it would be for me. Can’t wait to give it a go along with Killing FLoor 2. Hopefully this is the sign of things to come on PS4. Thank you!

Nothing really exciting, old and some mediocre multiplat games played through and through. Enjoy the lineup.

Show full comment

This month PlayStation Plus is games extra new game Life is Strange welcome back the glitch needs to be fixed rolling out the controller network challenge unlocked the trophy back forward Killing Floor 2 fantastic news tell your friends family and friends about games extra big games trophy support HD fun action but my PS4 has no HDMI because your bond will not deepen yet try again another day but still I must say this month PlayStation Plus is extra games extra fun PS Vita games are raining but it’s ok because one day one time a day it will shine over all the people and it will rise anew like the sun on a new day shining and rising anew like the moon in the night and we will all play games 4 the players and I definitely recommend checking out your PS4 hardware wire motherboard because it will break and it will be your fault and there is nothing you can do about it so try to keep the receipt otherwise people will think you stole it and lie about it but that is ok because it has trophy support so go ahead and wait for the upcoming Digimon Cyber Sleuth 2 but don’t say I didn’t warn you it will be good and it will be better and you will like it like this month PS Plus

28.1

Don’t do drugs kids , see what happens to your brain ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Commas and full stops are your friends. As are paragraphs.

28.3

Commas and full stops aren’t my friends

Why? Because they’re never there when I need them

Also I don’t need to take drugs to achieve this level of brilliance

Show more replies
ghostrider135 31 May, 2017 @ 21:12

Yay another crappy indie FPS ….. meh not interested , As for Life is Strange that game is a [DELETED] even for free, Iv’e played it my girlfriend even spent money buying it (its cheap to begin with) still crap eitherway, Either give us some better games or some choice or let us opt out and pay less for the subscription.

I hate my account region. I want to change it please allow us to change it. I lost alot of best exclusive plus games only because my account region bans them. While you make Sony make it worst by replacing them with less quality games (sometimes bad). At least allow us to transfer our Trophies to another account. I was looking for Life strange but it’s also banned in my region.

I made this mistake in 3DS and change the region easily.

30.1

I feel ya man, I made my account many years before we had a store of our own, now I can’t change it to my country :/ I honestly don’t get what’s so tough about allowing changing address, I bloody hope they’re not using it as some sort of unique ID for the account (that’s as nasty DB design as you can get, I expect better from Sony!)

30.2

Life is Strange is not going to be offered in our region, surprise, surprise

Sammy______Snake 31 May, 2017 @ 22:30

I and everyone else can only see the last 16 items purchased on my console. I need to download old PS plus and purchased games but I have to go online to sift through 80 pages on the website to find out what I own. Then I have to manually search it in the store. Some items are no longer available through the store and the only way to download them is through your purchase history which I can no longer access. This needs fixing Sony!

31.1

I know right .

We have that problem with our purchases but is it on the news…..NO !!!

They would probably show a video of a 5 yr old child in the Sudan having to walk 3 miles to get a bucket of dirty river water or scratching in the ground for the odd dropped grain of rice to fill their empty tummy .

What about us in the First World , SONY !!!!!

I feel your pain Sammy______Snake , I really do .

31.2

I agree with both of you. I’m sick of those boring news of lame children having to walk to get a drink.

Last week, the elevator in my building wasn’t working so I had to use the stairs to get to my apartment. And I really needed to go toilet. smh

Fix our problems, Sony.

I was going to get for this month as I want a couple game from last month’s + life is strange, but 10$ for a 1mo sub is ridiculous! $50 for a year amounting to about 4.17$/mo all of a sudden jumps all the way to 10?! That’s just ridiculous, I was expecting $5 as that’s very reasonable, now I’m not getting -_- cheaper on steam to get all 3 and I own them.

OK I thought my PS plus had lapsed for a moment .

Just seen my avatar ( and others ) and it is not showing the yellow ( ? I am colour blind ) plus symbol over it .

How long has this been a thing ?

Great PS4 line up by the way :)

33.1

They removed the Plus symbol from the blog comment section to stop the bullying of non-plus users, which frequently happened.

33.2

I Know what you mean, i have PS plus and frequently bully myself for having it, especially after very poor lineups of sub games

Thankfully the last two months have been reasonably ok, so i have given myself a break :)

Good variety this month. Keep it up guys.

Stonesthrow 01 June, 2017 @ 06:44

Life is strange is awesome, own it as is usually the case on the rare occasion there’s something good.

Disliked the ‘service’ when it was optional and been hating it ever since it’s been mandatory for online. I went from being an unconditional lover and supporter of this brand for most of my life, to see you completely fallen from good graces over a few years. I continue to voice my discontent for what little respect I have left and in hope it may be constructive..

Most of it stems from the feeling I get that your ‘ps+ audience’ (as in people that sub primarily for the games, regardless of online) get favored over the rest of your audience. We shouldn’t have to pay the full pot for online, if anything ps+ subs should have to sub separately for ps+ and online, but that wouldn’t​ look too good so you figured you’d take it out of our pockets with this forced combination. That lack of ethics really hurts coming from what brand I used to respect so…

Life is Strange is a very good game!

Funktastic68 01 June, 2017 @ 14:45

I can’t believe that people are still moaning about paying for ps plus. We have to pay to play online games and that is it, your not paying to get the best free games for your playstation. Sony added the bonus of free games to entice more people in. YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY ONLINE. DO YOU GET IT ORIGHT WHAT.

Stonesthrow 01 June, 2017 @ 17:20
37.1

Sigh.. It’s not even about paying for online anymore, you people with such low standards gave them the green card for that years ago. It’s about having to sub to this stupid service to get to actually pay for online in the first place. Sony didnt add a bonus whatsoever, ps+ is what it has always been, arguably worse, except that they added the small online costs to it so everyone is forced to sub to their service. Which in itself, is completely irrelevant from online. Do you get that at all or do you still believe Sony is doing you favors as opposed to robbing us publicly?

37.2

I’ve been tempted to let my subscription lapse for a long time now, but as my primary console is Vita, I need the online save functionality (that or buy more extortionate memory cards).

Funktastic68 02 June, 2017 @ 11:58
37.3

What I mean is that Sony needed to charge for people to play online and unlike xbox gold they enticed people by offering free games. Xbox gold was a subscription service for years and years and the only benefit you had was online play. Xbox have only just started to give away free games to compete with ps plus. If playstation owners don’t play online then don’t subscribe to ps plus, simple.

Show more replies

I think is a huge step up from last months. WRC 5 is free on the wrong console thou. PS3 version have screen tearing etc.

I wasn’t good on the Vita either. WRC4 was better.

I liked it when it had the symbol. I am proud of my intermittent ps plus membership.

It is a short month for ps plus in june. So if I renew for month next monday I will get all 3 months in my library. Eventually i will get a years sub but for now only getting monthly when i like the games which is only once every three or so months.

Good month imo even though I have LiS.

So when you say June……

So when you say Free……

smw1985beezer 03 June, 2017 @ 06:42

This is terrible. For quite few months now the free games have not been good at all. Im a big PlayStation fan but from what ive seen over the last few momths xbox have been given out A+ games every month in there subscriptions. Why cant we instead pick our own ps4 game any ps4 game get it free for a few weeks then get the option to buy it at a good discounted price. Even the psnow service is rubbish its overpriced and even if u have a top connection with more than enough bandspeed it still stutters. To be honest every psplus member should be getting psnow subscription free every month, make it a multi service add the psplus and psnow together every month so then u get ure ps3 games and ps4 games. Come on were lacking now behind the xbox gold service and there new subscription service.

Any chance we’ll ever see some Classic PS2 games available as a freebie? I for one would love to see The Warriors or Bully available as I would definitely download them. I don’t think I’ve ever got into any of the PS Plus games I’ve acquired except for maybe Tropico 5 but even that does not get played much. Oh, and well I’m here I need to know:

Are Sony ever going to get the almighty DEAD ISLAND 3 on the PS4? I’d hate to have to buy an XBOX ONE just so I can play this fantastic game.

MiseryPrincess 04 June, 2017 @ 21:45

It’s weird how you refer to Life is Strange as an “indie” game, even though it was paid for and published by Square Enix, but don’t mention if about KF2, the game that actually was an “indie”!

sultanab1din 06 June, 2017 @ 12:10

i dont get it ps plus asia got life is strange on april and now they get just cause 3 for june i mean [DELETED] sony

This is the second time where Sony lied to us about PSN games. They announce something and then we find something else. I am talking about our region where Sony announced Life is Strange and gave us some garbage. I can’t believe how greedy this company is. They cover parts of the world and leave the rest, but when it is time for subscription renewal, they get from everyone.

SupremestBuffalo 07 June, 2017 @ 11:37
47.1

Possibly its because of homosexuality being illegal in your country. Life is Strange has a gay relationship I think

What is this? The Game I waited for is apperently not aviable where I live? You can buy it everywhere but why do I have plus, when I can’t even access free games? I live in the Uae.

Awesome guys

I get jamestown+ for uae. Was really looking forward for life is strange, if not that atleast give us a decent replacement not jamestown.

Load all