Posted

All the PlayStation news and announcements from E3 2017

Find out what happened at the PlayStation Media Showcase

The PlayStation E3 2017 Media Showcase has just come to a close here at The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, bringing with it all manner of gaming news. If you missed it, check it out in full above.

We saw spectacular new trailers for the likes of God of War, Days Gone, Spider-Man, Call of Duty WWII, Destiny 2 and Detroit: Become Human; alongside a host of new game reveals, including Shadow of the Colossus for PS4, new PlayStation VR horror The Inpatient, the new PlayLink range, and Monster Hunter: World from Capcom. And that’s to name but a few.

For more on all the announcements, see below for a full rundown of guest posts published here on PlayStation Blog. We’ll keep this list updated as more posts go live:

Stay tuned to PlayStation Blog, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat all week for more E3 coverage from the showfloor.

What did you think about this story?
58 Comments
0 Author replies
RodrigoSharingan 13 June, 2017 @ 16:49

One of the worst years ever… Nothing new or exciting, just the same games from last year but with more hype.

Oh boy…

spacemonkey15 14 June, 2017 @ 18:20
1.1

LOL

we were told its all about the games, well yes it was but games they previewed last time and still no release dates.There was a few surprises but nothing major exciting. Think Microsoft won this one.

captain_crash199 16 June, 2017 @ 11:21
2.1

Microsoft have virtually no top exclusives any more. Sony’s games at look great and include a diverse selection of genre’s.

Sony have said they didn’t want to put dates on games until they’re sure they can make them which is fair enough.

I do think Sony’s presentation could have been better though and a bit of human interaction between game footage would have made things more interesting.

However when it comes to exclusive games Sony are way ahead of the competition.

Pretty sure I didn’t dream a Skyrim VR reveal…

3.1

I just hope that I won’t have to buy it a third time and it will be available as an add-on. I don’t mind paying a reasonable price for an add-on, but I don’t want to have to start the game all over again… again!

3.2

Of course you will have to buy it again.

Luddite1979 14 June, 2017 @ 18:37
3.3

I have a feeling it wasn’t the remastered skyrim either? Looked like Skyrim Vanilla anyhow

Sin_Kurogami 13 June, 2017 @ 18:12

It’s funny that your motto is “This is 4 the players” when Xbox has done more for the players in the past two years than you have done in 4. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a PS fan because of stuff like Last of Us, Uncharted, R&C, Jak… and so on… but Sony’s position towards the classic library is a cash grab of the worst kind (give us the choice to use our disks, not everyone cares for achievements or high graphic fidelity, some of us have broken ps2s but have kept the games, and it would be nice to have a system that works in a similar way to the Xbox One).

This was your worst performance in years, and with nothing exciting coming this fall Sony can expect Xbox to capitalize on the launch of the new Xbox One model alongside Crackdown 3 and Forza 7.

Show full comment

We have asked for ps2 classics, ps1 classics and for Sony not to charge us for things we have bought already, but Sony is just not listening to the community anymore and I can already see new players, those who haven’t bought a console yet to move to the Xbox One X without giving any thought on the amazing exclusives PS has, just because Xbox library just became many times bigger and a whole lot cheaper…

It is sad to see PS in this state but the only people to blame are Sony themselves and our community who has stood by while try to push down our throats games we already own in physical form…

4.1

Why would you want to play PS One and PS 2 games on an HDTV? It’s a gimmick , they look and play terrible – I’d prefer to play the AAA PS4 exclusives.

Sin_Kurogami 13 June, 2017 @ 21:31
4.2

They don’t play terrible imo, as for the graphics, I really don t care. Its about letting players decide, and having ps2 support via emu doesnt affect triple A in the slightest.

Carnivius_Prime 14 June, 2017 @ 09:01
4.3

All Xbox has done in the past couple years is drive more players to PlayStation due to lousy management and a shocking lack of quality exclusive titles.

And PS2 games do look pretty ugly on modern screens. At least the increased resolution on the PS4’s PS2 Classics help a lot there. Plus I don’t those silly disc thingies cluttering up the place.

Show more replies
Stonesthrow 13 June, 2017 @ 18:13

Mediocre. Some good games shown and not too much talk, but nothing new. Sony came off as rather complacent as is common lately. Like they let Microsoft have it since they already own this gen, and Microsoft’s fall from the top clearly did wonders to their customer treatment. They win this just for Xbox backwards compatibility on top of 360, not to mention new and exclusive reveals. All about new reveals for me, not gameplay or dlc even…

Also, water cooling! Making it harder and harder on me to stay loyal, the extortionate ps+ online combo has me on the border as it is. For their own sake I hope they fall off the high horse and stop being such a “business” and actually live by their own motto again.

You forgot Horizon: the frozen wildlands fred! ;)

X_Blood_Curse_X 13 June, 2017 @ 20:37

I enjoyed it personally. Monster Hunter coming to PS4 is huge for me, Spiderman looks great, God of War looks genuinely brilliant and I’m looking forward to Undertale on Vita.

Thumbs up from me

Luddite1979 14 June, 2017 @ 18:39
7.1

Will be my first monster hunter. Looking forward to that one

DennisLWD-NL 13 June, 2017 @ 20:51

Why is http://live.playstation.com only for US?

Sorry only users over 16 in North America can login.

This realy sucks. No love for EU :( Xbox goodies are for US and EU.

I stayed up to watch this, as I often do for Sony’s E3 press conference, and regretted it. It lacked “oomph” this year. Sure, the games look great on the whole but there was nothing surprising there. Lots to look forward to, but I didn’t feel blown away like I have in previous years.

It was lackluster affair. Shame. I also had an awful day at work after staying up so late!

j5terof9ht555 13 June, 2017 @ 21:53

Sony… Be careful with the new X Box

CoolRichy007UK 14 June, 2017 @ 14:18
10.1

Xbox 1 x is a slower ps4 pro

sonicheroes15826 13 June, 2017 @ 21:55

I’m looking forward to Undertale, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami.

WackyMonster23 14 June, 2017 @ 06:56

I am hoping Gran Turismo is jammed packed with plenty of single player!

Carnivius_Prime 14 June, 2017 @ 08:58

A lot of the new reveals did nothing for me but I’m still looking forward to Uncharted TLL, Spider-Man and God of War 4. And those alone beat anything Microsoft and Nintendo (god i hate that company… and AM2R looks far better than that ugly Samus Returns) showed off.

StefNighthawk 14 June, 2017 @ 10:52

no platform crossplay between PS4 and other consoles :-(

CoolRichy007UK 14 June, 2017 @ 14:19
14.1

Sony dont want xbox steeling data do they :D

captain_crash199 16 June, 2017 @ 11:40
14.2

If you’re talking about Minecraft then you should know that it’s been revealed Switch users will have to sign in to Xbox Live to play and they would have insisted the same for PlayStation users – no way would Sony allow that and rightly so.

The PS3 was the first console to allow cross play (Portal 2) and Microsoft didn’t allow it. MS only want Crossplay because they’re getting hammered and their online numbers are significantly lower than PSN.

All of the other companies have removed their walls and are playing online together, but Sony is building bigger walls and shooting down all talk of Cross Network play. Why?!

It is incredibly anti-consumer and makes no sense at all, especially when the systems are obviously already in place.

I know it’s not the blog teams fault, but other than ranting on twitter and being ignored I thought this might be the next best place to show our frustration

CoolRichy007UK 14 June, 2017 @ 14:20
15.1

I see sony built a very high wall lol

Barricade_BE 14 June, 2017 @ 22:24
15.2

I believe a lot has to do with the fact you need to log in using an Xbox Live account (in the case of Minecraft that is). Just think about it: Switch users need to create an Xbox Live account to play Minecraft with Xbox/PC gamers. Do you really think that’d be a good business decision to make? And factor in the costs of the Azure servers they have to rent for Minecraft specifically.

For other titles like Rocket League though, I don’t see what the problem is. So they should allow it on some games. I just feel they are getting slammed without a real reason on the Minecraft thing, that deal is f#@! stupid. Everybody’s saying this is an anti-consumer decision, but so is forcing people to make an account for your service when they’re playing on another device just to play one game.

TL;DR

Sony should consider allowing it on some titles, but not on Minecraft, that was a desperate move by MS to create some bad PR for PlayStation, nothing more.

captain_crash199 16 June, 2017 @ 11:50
15.3

Microsoft were totally hostile to cross platform multiplayer last gen when they were on top and it was PS3 that allowed it on a few titles.

Also, Phil Spencer said he’d happily allow PlayStation gamers on to their platform for multiplayer. Check out that wording. Turns out Nintendo Switch users will have to sign in to Xbox Live to play Minecraft – so it’s all on Microsofts terms.

Also, Sony have allowed crossplatform play already with Rocket League as we can play against players on Steam.

Sony is right not to play ball with Microsoft.

So, were we at with cross platform play in Rocket League & Minecraft? You’re the only one holding back when even Nintendo wants to play ball! Jim Ryan explains that it’s all about protecting the younger install base from external influence, and/or the stakeholders fears (insert something here). Your slogan “For the players” doesn’t really fit it’s purpose anymore.

CoolRichy007UK 14 June, 2017 @ 14:23
16.1

Protecting younger gamers from what building minecraft buildings with new friends they make thats the worse excuse i ever heard more like sony dont even care about what us gamers want all sony think about is the money

Barricade_BE 14 June, 2017 @ 22:25
16.2

[DELETED], Minecraft deal was a stupid deal and they rightfully decided to not accept it. Rocket League however, they should consider that one.

captain_crash199 16 June, 2017 @ 11:54
16.3

We can play against Steam players already. Besides I can do without the loud mouthed American teens swearing down their mics on Xbox Live

Show more replies
xscapeguy2007 14 June, 2017 @ 15:09

I think , that for Non vr , pre show was berter than press conference , however vr to my pleasure stole the show. I am looking forward to more announcements at PSx on VR.  Still looking to see when Dreams comes out as I really believe that this will be VR only.

spacemonkey15 14 June, 2017 @ 18:40

Some great looking games right there. I’m super excited for SOTC and would love to hear that ICO is on the cards ! Spider-man looks stunning as does GOW, Detroit and Days Gone, so they will be pre-ordered ASAP. Looking forward to The Inpatient too. Until Dawn was/is great fun in VR, so I’m sure this new title will be amazing. Really do not understand the moaning about cross play…. You cannot chat with anyone on Switch (I do have one) and why would I care about playing against Xbox users, when there are plenty already on PlayStation ? Each to their own, but I image it to be a technical nightmare linking multiple platforms. Too many negative people on the web busy moaning about trivial matters instead of having fun.

xscapeguy2007 16 June, 2017 @ 08:45

Well e3 over guys does that actually mean we might get some replies now?

19.1

silent treatment

xscapeguy2007 16 June, 2017 @ 08:46

Still waiting to hear if there is going to be any change to vr store deals.

you conference of e3 = i have mixed feelings

1 – monsterhunter = thanks to capcom

2- al other i have seen + heard before

3- vr = not intresting to miself

-only ting i want future = ps5 compatibel whith al ps4 games + 4k +60 fps min + bigger hd in you devise = 2-4 tb + cooling system you vents are not like ps4 pro

-stil crazy prices in you store

far cry 5 – ac orgin both delux ath 59.99€in real store you price to ps+ users = 71.99€ whit 0 disk or % transport kost !!!

pre order need to be same price like normal to say tank you whe suport you games + you nowing we gone buy them .

6 month after release them need holiday sales to +- 39€ then 1 jear later = 25 €

best deal = ps+ 12 month action = best ting you company give in a long time ( also tank you to fix isue whith ps+ paying way )

i have 2 jear abo now ath 69.98 €

Show full comment

you conference of e3 = i have mixed feelings

1 – monsterhunter = thanks to capcom

2- al other i have seen + heard before

3- vr = not intresting to miself

-stil crazy prices in you store

i have 2 jear abo now ath 69.98 €

Boobalvarado 19 June, 2017 @ 10:28
21.1

I understood none of this….

“4theplayers”? PLEASE DONT MAKE ME LOL HARD. Where is my Minecraft Better Together? All about yourself. I’m buying an XBOX ONE X. I expect more people to do the same. This was the biggest mistake in the history of PS.

Boobalvarado 19 June, 2017 @ 10:28
22.1

Lmfao I agree! Lets all move over to a console with a smaller selection of good first party titles so we can play a game that no one above the age of 12 cares about anymore! Lol You belong on Xbox with your tween brethren. You shouldn’t have been on the PS4 to begin with.

Not one of Sony’s best conference I’m glad in didn’t stay up though there maybe some news regarding the PS5 soon.

I’ve played a lot of Titanfall 2 this week, the free trial was a lot of fun. Unfortunately not a lot of info about that online and the other games which were on a free trial (Fifa 17 and some others).