Posted

See the first awe-inspiring PS4 reveal trailer for the Shadow of the Colossus

Surprise E3 2017 announcement is being developed by Bluepoint Games and Japan Studio

The unexpected reveal of Shadow of the Colossus during PlayStation’s E3 2017 Media Showcase was a rare moment of true surprise and delight. Developed by Bluepoint Games and JAPAN Studio, Shadow of the Colossus looks to be looks to be lovingly rebuilt for PS4, making one of the most artistic, emotional, and celebrated games ever made available for a new audience.

Shadow of the Colossus

Though specifics are scarce at present, we did get a first look at some impressive in-game footage from the announce trailer. Check it out below.

The fact that Shadow of the Colossus remains so entrenched in the modern gaming discourse is a lasting monument to the game’s singular vision. If this reintroduction can introduce that wonder to a new generation of gamers, it’s a win for the medium as a whole.

Shadow of the Colossus

What did you think? I’m hoping we’ll have more details on Shadow of the Colossus in the months ahead. Stay tuned!

What did you think about this story?
14 Comments
0 Author replies
Roger-VaDeJocs 13 June, 2017 @ 07:47

Compatibility is a [DELETED] is better selling remasters in every console iteration hahahaha

1.1

I don’t know about you, but I prefer a clean looking game than a game being pushed to look good, and in this case it looks like a REMAKE from the ground up and not some HD Remaster.

Stonesthrow 13 June, 2017 @ 19:02
1.2

You’re both right

I was absolutely elated! Shadow of Colossus is a classic in it’s own right. Can’t wait for more details.

Carnivius_Prime 13 June, 2017 @ 11:33

Eh no. I’ve tried so hard to like this game. Had it on PS2. Found it very dull. Tried again when PS PLus freebie on PS3. Same. Think I’ll pass on this one.

Stonesthrow 13 June, 2017 @ 19:00
3.1

Recommended to be experienced in ‘high spirits’ for sure.. Then again, most are, but some more than others

Shame Ico is not getting remastered aswell. That way I could of got rid of the PS3 Ico & Shadow collection.

Just please use the same music, no point in trying to do something better.

5.1

Bluepoint are well known for their remasters and remakes. They’ll stay true to it.

RogueTrooper211 13 June, 2017 @ 14:26

Please please please release a collectors edition with a Kotobukiya statue, I’m selling me NieR Automata Black Box Edition and would gladly sell a kidney as well to get that!

Allen_Kirameki 13 June, 2017 @ 14:32

Will it have any new things? Please, add some of the lost Colossus. And a collector’s with the 3rd Colossus!

Stonesthrow 13 June, 2017 @ 18:56

This was the one thing that made my hairs rise, only to get a cold shower in the form of remake… A modern day technical marvel sequel would’ve been mind-blowing!

Oh well, at least it looks like an actual remake as opposed to an overpriced remaster, so I’ll probably get it AGAIN..

firstmanonmars 13 June, 2017 @ 22:29

How about knocking out a Vita version whilst you are at it. Actually, I would be happy with a direct port of the PS2 original, never mind the PS3 remaster. (Waits for the “Vita is dead” replies…)

Douglas000pool 16 June, 2017 @ 02:54

Vai ser remake um dos desenvolvedores disse para o Bruno do canal Popverse no Youtube