Posted

PlayStation Store’s ‘Big In Japan’ promotion kicks off today

Save big on acclaimed Japanese titles including Resident Evil 7, Final Fantasy XV, more

This week sees the return of our Big In Japan promotion, celebrating the incredible games that originate from Japan, available on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

TITLE

You can make great savings on the likes of Resident Evil 7, Final Fantasy XV, Yazuka Zero, Dark Souls III and much more on PS4*.

Or if you’re a PS Vita fan, save big on the likes of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, World of Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers, Toukiden 2, Dragon Quest Builders and more*.

Here’s a look at everything that’s in the promotion; just head to PlayStation Store for regional pricing! Note: this promotion runs until 19th July 2017.

*Some titles may not be available in your region.

Deal of the Week (until 12th July)

Become a true Dragonborn with our PlayStation Store Deal of the Week, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition.

TITLE

Available on PS4, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition includes the critically acclaimed game and add-ons. Head to PlayStation Store and save today!

62 Comments
1 Author replies

When i go to https://blog.eu.playstation.com i expect to find deals for EU not for US.

JFCCMcDondy 05 July, 2017 @ 06:19

Yeah, my wallet doesn’t like it. The sale is not active yet, I guess the info about this sale got out too soon?

Yes! Been waiting for this.. but why no Persona 5 ? :(

3.2

sadly, its cheaper to get the retail than to buy it in the store, digitally, with promotion….

3.3

Yeah: no sale for Persona 5 is as close as you can get to the truth. € 60 is nowhere near a sale price.

Show more replies

Now this is the sale I’ve been waiting for!

*Opens wallet and finds no cash…*

Damn you sale gods!!!

Carnivius_Prime 05 July, 2017 @ 09:05

As i said in the other digital discount sale post i’ve bought Wonder Boy – The Dragon’s Trap, Assault Suit Leynos and Samurai Shodown VI and tempted by Dariusburst so I’m pretty much for gaming fun for a while. :) Not much else on this particular list appealing to me but there’s some good sales for people into those other games. :D

I was waiting for a sale on the Resident Evil 7 Season Pass, but unfortunately it’s only Banned Footage Vol 1 & 2 which are on sale, and they do not include the additional story DLC which is set to release after the free “Not a Hero DLC”.

MikeRob2008 05 July, 2017 @ 21:08
6.1

Bnned Fotage Vol 1 and 2 are the only story DLC .There is no more story dlc planned after the free Not a Hero DLC.

6.2

There should be though. Two more DLCs should be coming for RE7

timartinhof 05 July, 2017 @ 09:40

R.I.P my wallet

Bisuko-chan 05 July, 2017 @ 10:01

Will there ever be a sale for Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2?

Matthew Groizard 05 July, 2017 @ 10:28
8.1

It was in our Hokuto Shinken Sale, but unfortunately it happened so quickly, it was over before anyone noticed…

Don’t you just wish there was an edit function for this blog?

Bisuko-chan 06 July, 2017 @ 08:08
8.3

Hokuto Shinken Sale? When did that happen? In Switzerland as well?

jason-bridges 05 July, 2017 @ 10:17

Good sale! Still hoping for a discount on ffxv season pass though

9.1

Same here!

Have been waiting for quite some time on some of these rpg titles. Time to rip a hole in cyberspace with transactions and downloading! Thanks for this

SensoNoOkami 05 July, 2017 @ 10:36

This is what I call a sale! So many games…

Nice sale! Time to get onboard with Final Fantasy 15.

But why no Kingdom Hearts? :-(

XtianHawkGamer 05 July, 2017 @ 11:36
12.1

I was wondering too about Kingdom Hearts, they’ve been out for awhile now. I was suprised they weren’t included, especially 2.8 since that game out last December.

12.2

Indeed, I am eager to play 2.8, if only for a bit less then 50 for what it is sold now.

12.3

@D3nn15 Check www. budgetgaming .nl volgens mij zijn 1.5/2.5 en 2.8 allebei voor €35,- op zn goedkoopst te krijgen!!

Show more replies

No AOT Wings of Freedom?! :(

Hi, a couple of weeks ago i reported an issue with one of the “Army of Two” DLC, i thought it was multiplayer-only but i was told i was wrong so i told everyone to ignore that post. Now both DLC for this game are gone from the Store. I feel responsible for this. Could you please restore them? Sorry again. The name of the DLC are “Veteran Map Pack” and “SSC Challenge Map Pack”.

Why is Monopoly deal on sale and even still being sold?I bought it 2 years ago in a sale and you couldn’t play it then. It was never patched with the single player that other versions got (despite advertising it on the store) and with no online players it is unplayable.

X_Blood_Curse_X 05 July, 2017 @ 11:50

Nice! Always enjoy the big in Japan sale. Thanks for getting discounts on some of the more obscure games like Gungnir and Growlanser, they might not be big sellers but there are people like me who look out for this stuff.

TwinBlade04 05 July, 2017 @ 12:05

Great sale! Will pick up Code Veronica for PS4 and probably some others.

By the way, why were Tekken 1 and 2 removed from the store?

Finka_Karfein 05 July, 2017 @ 12:44

Well, there are moments in life when you find out some things are more important than food. Big in Japan is one of them.

I wonder how virtual trophies and sunrays taste…

Gonna get The Arland Atelier Trilogy Plus, Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live season pass, Suikoden IV and so many more…

ilikethispart 05 July, 2017 @ 13:06

I love this sale! Had been waiting for it to return for a while. Amazing how large the selection is too.

RoaringMdog18 05 July, 2017 @ 13:13

Picked up Locoroco, Harvest Moon and A.W: Phoenix Festa. Was really hoping valkyrie drive bhikkhuni would be a part of the sale though :/ Ah well, hopefully one day.

Can someone tell if World of Final Fantasy on PS Vita has Japanese VA audio? I might want to buy it with Dragon Quest Builders or SAO: Hollow Realization, but need to know if there is Japanese VA… I saw and heard English in it, didn’t like it at all.

Robinworldwide 05 July, 2017 @ 13:45
21.1

Yes it does, I’ve played it with Japanese voices cause English was just awkward and cringeworthy! ;)

21.2

Thank you very Much Robinworldwide.

KaneTheGoth 05 July, 2017 @ 17:00
21.3

Think it’s worth double-checking that; I seem to remember the Japanese VO being part of the pre-order bonuses. I may be completely wrong about that, though :)

Show more replies

Aaaargh! Thought this was finally going to be the sale I go Ni No Kuni. I passed up on it at £3.99 a few years back because I bought loads of other games in the sale, told myself it would come up again soon. Never seen it on sale since.

Otherwise a good sale though I have to say

Persona 5 – 14%

Uhm… A while back some (few?) people recieved a 25% discount code on their emails, why not use the same discount percentage in this sale?

AngryGamer94 05 July, 2017 @ 15:14

In what word is 59.99 considered a “sale”?(talking about persona 5 here)

That is normal retail price here.In fact i can get a retail for 50e.

maybe in a few months.I got a massive backlog anyways.

Probably the best sales period PSN has all year. Good selection and some reasonable prices, like in previous ones. Pity it’s not always like this. Take advantage of this one, if you can.

My favorite sale: I love weird Japanese games…!

Too bad only I Am Setsuna appealed to me price-wise. My backlog is thankful to you Sony!

TrailBlazor 05 July, 2017 @ 15:31

Fantastic, I literally bought the Dark Souls 3 Season Pass 4 days ago

I bet that everyone who grew up in the 90s have one song in his head after seeing that title.

nukualofaperson 05 July, 2017 @ 18:26
28.1

I grew up in the 80s, so I prefer the original version. A lot.

good sale, picked up star ocean already, maybe legend of heroes later, but vita version dearer than ps3 version..why, would prefer to have hand held but about a fiver more

29.1

do wish you would at least put what platform stuff is for though

These sales are literally, recycle and repeat!!!

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f and F 2nd was all I wanted as a Vita owner, yet only X is discounted?

I guess someone who is selling their retail version on Ebay will be happy.

nukualofaperson 05 July, 2017 @ 18:28

I love these Big in Japan-sales, because there’s not a single game I want. Money well saved.

freakwave82 06 July, 2017 @ 10:54

Has Store been hacked? Unable to make purchase, they still charged me for a completely random 0.11€(I checked email and there was no receipt for this) and when I tried to make the purchase, they kept asking me to login to my bank through my mobile bank app and then I ended in a constant loop of them asking me for my credit card CVV. Direct link to contact support is also not working.

freakwave82 06 July, 2017 @ 11:18
33.1

Or possibly it’s a temporary charge they did for some reason, to check if my credit card was valid?

CoolRichy007UK 11 July, 2017 @ 14:02
33.2

lol freakwave82 if ps store was hacked sony would place psn in lockdown for a few months to fix it

Will this sale be available to North America as well?

No Nier: Automata, disappointing.

Boring weird Japanese games. Oh well, saves me some money this month!

CoolRichy007UK 11 July, 2017 @ 14:03
36.1

lol tomford nailed it yes japan has weird Japanese games but that is what makes japan awesome

Discount for Persona 5…. well, let’s just put it this way, if it ain’t sad it would be funny….60 euros… that is the launch price for AAA games. And not to mention there is no ps+ discount either… I understand that it is a good game, but until the price is reasonable, no thanks.

Discount for Persona 5….well, let’s just put it this way, if it ain’t sad, it would be funny…45£…that is the release price for many AA or AAA games…and also without any ps+ discount… I know it’s a good game, but no buy until some reasonable price.

I would love to see fallout 4 season pass in the next sales.. i just brought fallout 4 and the dlc’s are so so much expensive than the original game and i don’t have any alternative..

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history