Posted

Horizon Zero Dawn gets new update today, includes New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty

New Trophies, unlockables and more come with patch 1.30

We were so excited to be able to announce the upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn expansion, The Frozen Wilds, at E3 this past month. As we were wrapping Horizon Zero Dawn, we had a lot of ideas for new characters, quests, and places for Aloy to discover, so we started to develop The Frozen Wilds. We can’t wait for you to experience the dangerous frigid lands to the north!

While we’re hard at work on The Frozen Wilds, we have also been working on something else…

As of today, you can download patch 1.30 which includes additional fixes to progression issues which some of you may have encountered. However, it also includes the highly anticipated New Game+ option.

With New Game+ you will be able to relive the adventures of Aloy without losing your character progression and your collected inventory. You won’t be able to progress beyond the level cap of 50, but you can still collect XP during your adventure.

TITLE TITLETITLE

We have also added updated versions of existing weapons and outfits with an extra modification slot at their disposal. These will not come cheap and will set you back some extra shards.

Before embarking on a new quest you can manually adjust the difficulty level to your liking. For players who seek an extra challenge, we are also introducing an ‘Ultra Hard’ difficulty.

This new setting will enhance machine senses and behavior and other additional smaller tweaks. Players who decide to embark on the Ultra Hard path will not have the option to switch it to a less difficult setting when choosing New Game+. People choosing to play normal game will still have the ability to change back to an easier difficulty.

TITLE TITLETITLE

New Game+ also comes with 2 new Trophies and extra unlockables like the ability to add facepaint or change Aloy’s Focus.

For the entire information on Patch 1.30 please visit our forum and keep an eye on our Twitter or Facebook to stay up to date on new information on Horizon Zero Dawn.

35 Comments
5 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 06 July, 2017 @ 13:12

Well that was oddly timed. I literally bought the game for £25 a couple hours ago. I don’t normally buy discs but it was so much cheaper than the digital version currently. I’ve played up to the point she needs fire arrows, shortly after the time skip aging. I’m not hooked yet but it’s nice and the graphics are pretty and I’ll continue to play it. :)

KC-alpha-14 06 July, 2017 @ 13:13

Awesome, this game desperately needed a new game+ – can’t wait for the DLC too!

jason-bridges 06 July, 2017 @ 14:06

I literally finished this game last weekend – 100% in stats and 100% trophies… Guess I’m returning sooner than I expected :D

Is good reason for back to play this game again

andrewsqual 06 July, 2017 @ 14:40

Great job with this excellent update guys. BUT, any chance that you could eventually patch in the ability to ALLOW whatever music is playing in the game, to continue playing when you go into the menu or are selling stuff? That Inventory music is lovely but can get very grating after hearing it for 90 hours of play time lol.

Jeroen Roding 06 July, 2017 @ 16:27
5.1

You can always play your favorite songs from the soundtrack through PlayStation Music ;)

andrewsqual 06 July, 2017 @ 17:05
5.2

Yeah that was a nice update too for Spotify support but I don’t want to have to find out what music should be playing in the location of the map I am on, and then have to manually force play and loop that tune over the game so that then the tune will keep playing over the inventory screen.

I take it from that response that we won’t be getting a proper fix/enhancement for this then. :(

andrewsqual 06 July, 2017 @ 17:07
5.3

And I have to add, I’m not alone. Plenty of people have brought it up before on every Patch Changelog post that you do here or on Reddit. Again, I love the tune but listening to any tune for hours upon hours can get tedious, especailly the way the tune takes about 30 seconds to minute to get going so you always hear that intro part of it. I still hear it in my sleep lol.

I hope that is not affecting my platinum trophy, which I planned to achieve somewhere tomorrow…

Carnivius_Prime 06 July, 2017 @ 15:36
6.1

Unlikely. I can’t think of any case where platinum trophies were notably affected by patches or DLC or anything like that. The criteria for unlocking them usually stays as it is when game is released.

Jeroen Roding 06 July, 2017 @ 16:28
6.2

Not affecting your well earned trophy! These are just additional ones that you can collect.

Been following the patches to this game and quite impressed by how Guerrilla have handled them so far. Still waiting for the game to reach my preferred discount price point. Might be a while before I play it.

Game+ is greyed out.. Despite i got the plat trophy😕

Plz help..

8.1

enter your already beaten saved game, touh options and link it with new game+, then return to main menu outside of the save game, touch new game+, enjoy.

8.2

Thanks bro!

This is the info that i was looking for😀

Off to start my journey anew now on Ultra hard😎

Are there any secrets in the new game plus mode? Like special new outfits or weapons or machine variants? Thanks for answering!

Jeroen Roding 06 July, 2017 @ 19:15
9.1

You have the ability to unlock a new Focus and option to add facepaint after finishing the game on Hard and Ultra Hard.

StarGazeeren 06 July, 2017 @ 17:14

Nice. Just got a PS4 Pro to go with my new 4K-tv yesterday. And already platinumed the game. And finally got the platinum-theme and avatar as well.

10.1

Most people got the Platinum theme through an email by accident, despite not getting Plat on the game yet.

nidgetorg_be 09 July, 2017 @ 13:45
10.2

I even got it without owning the game (yet) !

GranTuriTourTrop 31 July, 2017 @ 15:17
10.3

accidentally seem i got nothing despite that i have completed it 2month ago. further unluck for a stranger, just a detail but so sweet if i get collection of 10’s odds daily …

aaron_bush_96 06 July, 2017 @ 17:16

so people who havent gotten half way CAN’T use facepaint or change her focus, weird.

Jeroen Roding 06 July, 2017 @ 19:16
11.1

It’s an extra for the players who took on the new game+ mode and difficulty level.

Guerrilla Games did everything so perfectly, those guys worth the platinum for the best devs in the whole world Who ever leads the GG team is just crazy in good way and everyone who supported the project

I feel sometimes the money that i paid for Horizon Zero Dawn is not enough for such game

The new patch 1.30 is wet dream for all the players i wish could play the new difficult on my first playthrough. The gameplay is totally different is super scary sometimes and u feel like the mobs are super realistic now. I hope that’s not the end for those super updates that is totally free

residentSteve 06 July, 2017 @ 19:07

I had high hopes for this game but just couldn’t get into it myself.

Shame really seems like a good game, just not for me.

STHTSD_miIfman 06 July, 2017 @ 19:09

This is great, but please re-consider increasing the level cap. Almost everyone here is maxed out to 50 and getting more xp is just pointless..

Jeroen Roding 06 July, 2017 @ 19:20
15.1

You will be able to collect ‘ghost’ levels.

MrLobsterwood 06 July, 2017 @ 22:46
15.2

What are ghost levels in this case?

jason-bridges 07 July, 2017 @ 06:22
15.3

As in you’ll still collect a total of experience points but your level won’t go past 50.

A little unrelated but any news of a vinyl soundtrack?

Loved the game to death but just deleted it to make room for new games, sorry devs :( I’ll hit up this new stuff when The Frozen Wilds comes! Looking forward to it!

Ha ha that is soooooo not how much the Adept items cost in Ultra Hard mode. Eye wateringly pricey.

Will you keep you shield weaver armor In your inventory if you start ng+?

And do you lose your previous game or not?

Hoped for a fix for a glitched trophy here: I have 51 human headshots but no trophy unlocked (Headshot 30 human enemies) So for me no platinum trophy in one walkthrough.

20.1

That trophy unlocked on 75 headshots for me, just keep popping skulls and it will unlock, eventually!

Blue_Gamer88 07 July, 2017 @ 16:41

maaaan, Frozen wilds are going to be good. Looks like this update is pretty sweet too! Shout out to Guerrilla and PlayStation for making such a great game!

Please add weather control! This would be a very great feature

GranTuriTourTrop 31 July, 2017 @ 14:54

slibny zacatek avsak pozdeji horsi, nektere vlastnosti ovladani, logika konceptu hry ale to predevsim “diky” cizojazycne lokalizaci, hra je dost “ukecana” avsak na nikoho se neceka… smula lidi. obvykle u valne vetsiny ps her (~99%). takze jestli je ultra hard pro uk/us/au, pro “cizince” – super ultrahard mission impossible. koho to zajima, ze? hrac se snazi – hrac se prizpusobi. stejne neodola a vetsinou koupi, tak co..

ps: & if u can’t understand this then at least u know the feelings/sensation i am “talking” about. g’luck you all who are from more ‘lucky star’ part of world. “winner takes it all” ,farewell.

GranTuriTourTrop 31 July, 2017 @ 14:59

self-report

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history